Type keyword(s) to search

The Baker and the Beauty in the Media

• Start Topic

This was ordered to series.

Written by Georgaris and directed by Frankel, The Baker and the Beauty centers on Daniel Garcia (Rasuk), who is working in the family bakery and doing everything that his loving Cuban parents and siblings expect him to do. But on a wild Miami night he meets Noa Hamilton (Kelley), an international superstar and fashion mogul, and his life moves into the spotlight. Will this unlikely couple upend their lives to be together and pull their families into a culture clash?

Cast also includes Carlos Gomez, Dan Bucatinsky, Lisa Vidal, Belissa Escobedo, Michelle Veintimilla and David Del Rio.

The American version begins on Monday 4/13 on ABC. We’ve been watching Season 1 on Amazon Prime of the original series from Israel. It’s so funny. I hope the American version is just as good 

• Useful 1

Does anyone know how many episodes were shot before everything shut down? I'm just wondering how many we can expect to see in the near future, and whether to expect them to be a full story as planned, or cut short in the middle due to pandemic.

Showrunner interview about the finale at TVLine; there's been no conformation from ABC, but he talks as if there will be another season.

Excerpt:

Daniel and Noa went from reuniting to engaged within one scene, but we didn’t see the whole conversation. So what led them to make that big decision?

What led to it was probably the next five minutes of conversation, which were like, “What do we do now?” and going with that rush of being reconnected, and it feeling so right. For better or for worse, just running into an impromptu sort of half-joking, half-serious proposal that gets a “yes” and a “yes,” and that Louis is mortified with. But we don’t get to see any of that. We just get to see the fun reaction from the family. The design was always that they end Season 1 together, but what I wanted to do was say to the audience, “OK, you’ve been rooting for them to be together all season. Careful what you wish for! You thought it was a good idea for him to chase her to the airport. How do you feel if I tell you that now they’re engaged?” And of course, getting to play the family’s reaction to it, which is maybe not the most excited reaction, it felt honest to us, in a way, with how crazy their relationship has been, and it felt like it set us up for an interesting story for those two characters in Season 2.

Sounds like he likes doing plot twists just for the sake of having plot twists - I'm not a fan of that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Cancelled. Because of course.

Damn you ABC!! I'm so pissed! With this cancelation I am officially never going to start another new show on that network. I've just been disappointed one too many times by TPTB at that network. 

• Love 1

Too bad it was canceled, it was cute. I also think it would have been good on a freeform type network. Maybe The CW, the show's aesthetic kinda reminded me of Jane the Virgin, it felt whimsical imo. Kind of interesting, or at least I think it is haha, the original Israeli version is apparently a huge hit, but both adaptations (Dutch and American) were canceled after one season. 

• Love 3