Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Not Your Mother's Exorcist!

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Comparison topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

• Love 1

Michael Emerson came to a show I was working last Saturday night (he's friends with our Associate Artistic Director), and I told him how much I'm enjoying Evil. (And that I'm part of an internet discussion group that gets deeply into topics around the show.) He said they are getting ready to start filming the second season.

I told him I appreciate the quality of the show: writing, acting, and its examination of where evil comes from, and he seemed very pleased. (He also liked the show he came to see a lot!)

• Love 10
4 hours ago, kwnyc said:

He said they are getting ready to start filming the second season.

Woohoo!

That's so cool. I'm glad you were able to talk with him about the show, and that he enjoyed the show you were working on as well. I've heard he's a super nice person in general. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Woohoo!

That's so cool. I'm glad you were able to talk with him about the show, and that he enjoyed the show you were working on as well. I've heard he's a super nice person in general. 

I always find it jarring that some of the nicest actors play the skeeviest characters!  I hear that Steve Buscemi is just incredibly sweet, but I will always think of him as Carl Showalter from Fargo.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I always find it jarring that some of the nicest actors play the skeeviest characters!  I hear that Steve Buscemi is just incredibly sweet, but I will always think of him as Carl Showalter from Fargo.

Ha, yeah, it's a strange thing indeed. But hey, that's part of the appeal, right getting to play somebody who's the total opposite of you in some form :D? I do tend to think the best actors are often those who can convincingly play somebody who's so very different from them. That's not always an easy thing to pull off. 

• Love 1

I've run into Michael Emerson (and Carrie Preston) at a local bar in my neighborhood, and they took a picture with me & my sister. Steve Buscemi is well known as a great guy...my acting teacher gave him one of the puppies from her dog's litter, and he called it "Chiefie," in honor of his time in the FDNY.

• Love 2

I have no idea where to put this, so I'm just putting it here. I found an older show that I loved, when it aired, called Mysterious Ways. Some of the episodes, at least, are uploaded to youtube. 

I also followed a link from a kind poster in a different thread, and got paramount plus for 99c a month. I couldn't find it myself, when I looked. 

• Useful 1

I just looked up that "Mysterious Ways" show, as I'd never heard of it. It does sound very intriguing - I'm glad to hear some of the episodes are on YouTube. May have to check out a couple of 'em. I can definitely see the similarities to "Evil", based off the description of the show :). 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I just looked up that "Mysterious Ways" show, as I'd never heard of it. It does sound very intriguing - I'm glad to hear some of the episodes are on YouTube. May have to check out a couple of 'em. I can definitely see the similarities to "Evil", based off the description of the show :). 

It's kind of like "Evil" for Hallmark. :) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm watching The Good Fight, finally. I wasn't in the mood for it last year, but I somehow missed cancelling Paramount+ (I thought I'd set it to cancel on the expiration date), so I'm binge-watching it now. I wasn't aware of how many "Evil" actors were in this. Mike Colter is in the one I'm watching right now. The newly-satanist psychiatrist was in another one today. The wonderful nun plays someone's mother, and there are more. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1