Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Stranger Love in Paradise

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, 2727 said:

I could have done with less focus on "sex-ual-inter-course," periods, and sandy vaginas.

Yes please! And of course this was the episode my ten yo son decided he wanted to hang out with us as we watched.......😝

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, topanga said:

ETA: I do enjoy Jamie on Unfiltered. At least you can tell she's actually watched the episodes. 

Yes, but she still doesn’t look comfortable interviewing, talks way too fast and asks intrusive questions.  The people she’s interviewing looked more relaxed than her.  I don’t even understand how she got the job in the first place, as you have to have that certain something.  A lot of people won’t watch her.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I can see Keith and Iris having a very successful YouTube channel.  These days couples and families are big things on YouTube.

Oh, people would eat that up *if* Iris can learn to calm down just a little - and possibly even if she doesn't. I think they'd have a faithful subscriber audience because they'd be a young couple just starting out and they're attractive. Imagine if they had a baby/bought a house. They're get tons of sponsored crap to advertise on their channel.

2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes, but she still doesn’t look comfortable interviewing, talks way too fast and asks intrusive questions.  The people she’s interviewing looked more relaxed than her.  I don’t even understand how she got the job in the first place, as you have to have that certain something.  A lot of people won’t watch her.

I would watch Unfiltered but for Jamie. And I actually don't mind her all that much (as a human being, lol). She just talks so incredibly fast. I really think I would have much preferred Courtney from S1. 

• Love 2
On 7/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, 2727 said:

Seemed like he was trying to be diplomatic and didn't quite land on the right word, but I think he was trying to say she's high maintenance and "girly" in that stereotypical sense of caring too much about her eyelashes, not wanting to get dirty, taking a long time to get ready, etc.

I hope Iris deliberately chose not to go into details of which sex acts she may or not be familiar with because the cameras were there. TMI, people! Fun episode but I could have done with less focus on "sex-ual-inter-course," periods, and sandy vaginas.

So Elizabeth is high maintenance and girly.  What’s wrong with that?  She should tell him she likes men with a lot of hair on their head.  He seems too fussy.

Ive had the same bunch of girlfriends since high school who are all married too.  We have never talked about sex the whole time we are married.  I guess this is the new thing to talk about.  The “ period” is the first, from a man no less.  I think the show is going to a new low.

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

So Elizabeth is high maintenance and girly.  What’s wrong with that?  She should tell him she likes men with a lot of hair on their head.  He seems too fussy.

Wasn't Jamie paying Elizabeth a compliment? He said he didn't think Elizabeth would be into beach volleyball because she's prissy but he was pleasantly surprised that she jumped right into it.

Elizabeth almost certainly is high-maintenance and I mean that matter-of-factly, not shadily. Her hair color alone would require a lot of upkeep. Red-red hair like that fades fast.

• Love 3
On 7/4/2019 at 12:38 AM, Spectator said:

I feel like people were so appalled by Elizabeth in the first couple episodes that she had no where to go but up in this one. In my mind she went from atrocious to just really really bad. So I guess that’s an improvement. But still, yuck.

First, seeing her side by side with Iris, who is all class all the time, really highlights just how crass Elizabeth is. Did she really need to say that she didn’t want to have lunch with sand up her vagina??? Good god. 

She continues to need to have everything be about her. How many times did she feel the need to draw attention to her “swan dives”, as if that was all that happened on the volleyball court? Ugh. She just bugs.

I also think she went into their hotel room with such a presumptuous, nasty attitude after having lunch alone. Basically the whole argument was due to one big miscommunication...she was very lucky that Jamie wasn’t equally irate or that conversation could have gone really south really fast. Essentially all the girls met their husbands at the restaurant after their male/female group conversations, but Elizabeth wasn’t with them so Jamie understandably thought she didn’t want to have lunch and was blowing him off to do her own thing. Should he have checked the room? Sure. But at the same time, Elizabeth was the one who wasn’t where everyone else was. At a minimum, Elizabeth should have gone down to the restaurant to look for Jamie after her shower. But she just sat in the room for hours. I can see why Jamie thought she totally blew him off (especially since she never came to the restaurant while he was there and she wasn’t in the hotel room when he went back there after lunch). But the key is that he was still sweet and still happy to see her when she eventually returned to the hotel room. He was in a fine mood, despite thinking she deliberately spent the afternoon away from him. She, on the other hand, didn’t even ask him what happened, she just went off on him in an angry, snarky and ultimately unproductive way. It shows that she’s got a pretty loose trigger. She totally prejudged the situation and deferred to anger when things didn’t go as she expected. That’s a very hard way to be when you’re married. Good luck with that Jamie.

Do these people not have phones??

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I don’t watch it but I do like to see summary/comments about who was on and what was said. 

As do I.

IIRC, the mods surveyed posters a couple of seasons ago and the consensus was that Unfiltered discussions were on topic in the relevant episode threads.

However, it doesn't seem like discussion of Jamie and Doug's home life and how much she works as a nurse is on topic for Unfiltered just because she hosts it.

Edited by palmaire
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Unfiltered isn't mentioned very much, hence it didn't get it's own thread.  Every once in a while it'll detour us into a convo reg. JamieO & her business, since she's a MAFS veteran & the Unfiltered host , but it's not really that often.

Also, I think if you put someone on "ignore", you will not see any of their posts. I think it's typically used more for someone who has posts that are consistently offensive for you, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Yes .. it’s for people who annoy you with their posts or are offensive.  If you snark on someone, it’s your right and it’s not offensive.  It’s your opinion.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2

I watch Unfiltered for the MAFS people, but I don't need to hear about Jamie and Doug and their home life, and her present and future projects in this forum.  The posts aren't offensive but I guess Ignore still applies. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I watch Unfiltered for the MAFS people, but I don't need to hear about Jamie and Doug and their home life, and her present and future projects in this forum.  The posts aren't offensive but I guess Ignore still applies. 

And there is a current cast member named Jamie, which threw me off. There are two pages of posts on someone else named Jamie who is not in the episode. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Jamie interjects about her own experience when she was on with Doug when one of the people are talking about themselves.  I for one don’t want to hear her story again and again.  I want to hear about the couples only.  She is the interviewer now, not one of them.  But, maybe that’s how the producers want it .. I don’t know.  I love to hear the couples talk, not Jamie Otis.  She had her day in Season 1.  Now let the others speak.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Nursing is also a more stable income then trying for various hosting gigs. 

I hope Jamie has the good sense to take a page out of Naomi Judd's book.  Naomi was a Registered Nurse who achieved great success as a singer.  Every year, she did the minimum of 15 hours patient contact required for her license renewal. Just in case.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Per diem nurses can make more money per hour than those on staff but they are also the first to be called off if there are not enough patients. 

Per Diem nurses are paid for every hour they work and that's it. Their hourly wage is usually much higher than a regular staff position because, as noted, they are the first to be cancelled or called off when the patient census is low and not as many nurses are needed. They also typically don't get any benefits (insurance, paid vacation, etc.). Most hospitals require a minimum number of shifts per month (but it can be quite low) and some places may have other requirements like "work at least one holiday per year." In some places, they may also require the per diems to work wherever they are needed, so if an L&D per diem is scheduled to work and isn't needed on that floor, he/she would be pulled to a floor that did need him/her (like a medical floor) before a regular staff member was pulled from L&D. They are required to keep current on other requirements for regular staff such as mandatory trainings, etc. 

I hope Jamie O. at least retains her license. She would just need to do whatever minimum hours her state requires plus pay the fee and fill out the internet form. As a nurse with hospital experience, she should be able to find work pretty easily, particularly if she were willing to work in areas beyond L&D.

(edited)

Looks like the posts are more lively than the episode.

2 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Guess we can't have someone arrested on every season. That really is a bad omen.

Edited by DrewPaul2010
clarification
  • LOL 5

I learned something about nursing I wouldn’t have known if not for this OT conversation. In general I don’t mind things going a little off track. The Bachelor is mentioned fairly often here and I’ve never watched that show at all. I just skim that part of the post. No big deal. And Jamie O. WAS on S1 and IS hosting Unfiltered. 

But going back to the episode - and y’all just forgive me if this derails things again, but I laughed when Greg and Deonna were playing shuffleboard and he was a little perturbed at her not reading the directions and then they showed E and Jamie playing a totally different way. 

*I have no idea how shuffleboard is actually played so I don’t know who was right. No need for anyone to tell me since it might be considered off topic. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Do these people not have phones??

I'm assuming that neither Jamie nor Elizabeth would be carrying their phones around at a beach resort when dressed in their bathing suits.  I didn't see any evidence of Elizabeth holding a phone in any scenes.  People today don't know how to exist in a world without constant communication.  I chalk their little misunderstanding up to that among other things.  I'm sure Elizabeth didn't even think about having to tell anyone where she was going.  Because normally if she had her cell phone with her, she would just be able to text/call Jamie when she realized they weren't connecting.  And vice versa.  Being over 60, I remember being an adult and not having a cell phone.  Hubbie and I had to talk logistics all the time about where/when to meet up if we were going to be apart for any length of time.

But really, what floors me is that neither of them did the obvious thing.  Why did she just sit in the room instead of going to look for him?  Why didn't he think to go back to the room to find her?  Why did he assume she wanted to be alone?  I think it has something to do with what I said in my first paragraph, but I also get a vibe from Jamie - he acts almost like a guy that got burned in a divorce and now makes assumptions about women based on his negative experiences.  And Elizabeth expects everyone to be like her over-doting daddy, who would probably search the entire premises before giving up on his precious princess.  She's used to being the center of attention and men to just naturally revolve around her, so she assumes that Jamie will be her little pilot fish just like daddy.  Ugh.

• Love 4

I've been reading this thread while scratching my head.  I see that people think Deonna is getting a bad edit and they like her a lot.  I'm not so sure.  She does need to loosen up but I don't know if that's going to be easy for her after a decade of not dating at such a young age.  The "walls of Jericho" are made of solid rock at this point and nothing short of getting her drunk and seducing her is going to be enough to break through them.  And even that would probably backfire too because she's so walled in.  I also don't know if I see Greg as being able to break through them.  He's nice but too polite to be able to ask for what he wants from her in a way that doesn't offend her.  He will trip over his words on the leg she extends for him to trip over.  I fear they may end up on the "no-sex zone" for quite a while, if not for good.

I don't think it was that poster upthread's imagination that Greg was looking more attractive in this episode.  The sun agrees with him.  He is starting to remind me a little of Levar Burton as Geordi LaForge even though he technically doesn't look that much like him.  Put a visor on him, LOL.

Amber and Matt - Mr. Yeah No and I think he's neither too bright nor too deep.  Not that she's much brighter or deeper either, mind you.  But the vibe I get from Matt is that he's going along with the act, but he really isn't that into Amber.  He's taking advantage of the fact that she's crazy about him, but he's not nearly as crazy about her.  She is totally blind to this and is all in her own little world with how "fantastic" things are with him.  Yet another young person that thinks the world and people revolve around them, even when it and they don't.

Keith and Iris - So our little "virgin" has had every course in the meal except for dessert!  So she's not a virgin to any kind of sexual activity, just a virgin to A into B intercourse, which to a lot of people isn't really all that important compared to everything else.  So her constant protestations of her lily white virtue are now sounding a little over represented.  I can just see her saying that whether or not she has had sex depends on what one's definition of is is.  LOL.

Keith does not resemble Jussie Smolett at all.  He is far more handsome.  He and Iris in this episode were more attractive than even the most attractive models on a Sandals commercial, LOL.  And Antigua so far is drop-dead gorgeous too.  The two of them are so stunning with that beautiful backdrop it almost takes my breath away.  Of course that makes me worry when the fantasy is going to end and reality will slam into them (and us).  I am keeping my fingers crossed and holding my breath that they work out, but with this show, you never know what's going to happen.

Agreed that Elizabeth needs a bathing suit intervention.  Perhaps molded underwire cups and a body shaper.  She has one of the straightest figures I've seen.  She does look older than her age in some ways but with the right hair/makeup/clothes she could look a lot better.  She is pasty white and needs color.  I am very fair myself and would not be caught dead on the beach without a spray tan, tons of sun block and a beach robe or jacket.  What Iris was wearing would have been fine.

Whew!  Sorry for the long post but I've been super busy and couldn't let it all out more slowly, LOL.

• Love 12
(edited)

Ugh, I completely despise Jamie Otis.  I first saw her when she was a contestant on The Bachelor, and I watched her MAFS season, and I find her so annoying, that I have to FF through even the Unfiltered commercials.

That being said, I do like reading about Unfiltered from those of you who do watch it, so if you can stomach her, I appreciate it!

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Sterling said:

That being said, I do like reading about Unfiltered from those of you who do watch it, so if you can stomach her, I appreciate it!

I can but just barely.  Every season she wears something annoying and the same outfit on every episode, maybe because they were all filmed together.  One season she was "pantless".  Last season I think it was her hair that was annoying.  This season she has an annoying spaghetti strap plunging V top that looks like it's been taped to her so her boobs don't fall out.  It's in an awkward position and has drooped and folded over on the seam.  Also, the straps are adjusted too loose so it sits too low, presumably so the world can see more of her chest.  Whoever they have doing wardrobe for her should be fired.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Somebody here mentioned that somebody else on here had said that Iris reminded them of an old lady and now I can't unsee it either! The cardigans and clip-on earrings give off old lady vibes.

Also, I don't think Matt is into Amber. Maybe I'm stereotyping basketball players, but I think he'd be more into a va-va-vavoom kinda woman.

• Love 8
On 7/4/2019 at 10:05 PM, Ohwell said:

I do think that financial matters should be something that they discuss between themselves and maybe to the so-called "experts."  How much they make and how much debt they have?  It's none of my business.   

This is reality TV and they signed up for it. There are lots of things that are revealed and filmed that 99% of humans would not want televised.  And while financial information such as debt and income are not usually for public consumption, in this case it is interesting to know because they play a big part in how couples negotiate and navigate a marriage- setting up savings goals, paying down debt, planning for the future.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Keith and Iris - So our little "virgin" has had every course in the meal except for dessert!  So she's not a virgin to any kind of sexual activity, just a virgin to A into B intercourse, which to a lot of people isn't really all that important compared to everything else.  So her constant protestations of her lily white virtue are now sounding a little over represented.  I can just see her saying that whether or not she has had sex depends on what one's definition of is is.  LOL.

Yeah, if you really think doing everything else but the particular act means you are pure of body and soul, I think you are delusional and you look foolish.  And just the way she told him in bed seemed strange to me. Her tone of voice and gestures were creepy, especially since he already knew.  Just don't like her much.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Somebody here mentioned that somebody else on here had said that Iris reminded them of an old lady and now I can't unsee it either! The cardigans and clip-on earrings give off old lady vibes.

I started seeing it in this episode by myself, then came here and saw people mention it.  Then I remembered how Iris says she loves everything 80s including the hair, makeup and clothes and it all made sense.  Today we tend to see some of what was very trendy in the 80s as "old lady" because that's the kind of outdated stuff that older women might wear to recall their youth.  Those cardigans and clip on earrings are part of that.  Next thing you know she'll be wearing huge shoulder pads.  Just a thought.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 7/4/2019 at 1:45 PM, gonecrackers said:

I like Deonna & her sense of humor. IMO taking it a bit slower, getting to know each other is a good way to go. It looks like Greg is happy with Deonna & will be patient in developing the relationship. I like the guy so far & am hoping they work out.

Fan gurl Amber is setting herself up for a crash & burn, because eventually Matt will fall off the pedestal she's put him on. It's true we've seen nothing of them actually connecting besides superficially. They may fizzle out if nothing else is going on for them to develop as a couple. Of course the show only allows what they want us to see, so there's that too.

There's something about Jamie I don't trust, & Elizabeth is definitely not "prissy" - that was a stupid comment he made.

I've thrown up many a dramamine in my day. Motion sickness sucks; just looking at a boat makes me nauseous. If not understanding Jamie will officially make my shit list.

I think Matt's tats are ugly, & Amber's stomach tat is odd looking. If she wants kids someday that may not have been a wise decision.

On Unfiltered - If I were Pepper I'd be regretting wearing yellow as the color didn't suit her, while Iris right next to her rocked it. Someone needs to start a sock fund for Jamie...

Before I contribute, what’s a “sock fund”?  I’ve never heard that, lol.

6 hours ago, Sterling said:

Ugh, I completely despise Jamie Otis.  I first saw her when she was a contestant on The Bachelor, and I watched her MAFS season, and I find her so annoying, that I have to FF through even the Unfiltered commercials.

As I don’t watch the Bachelor anymore, I never knew Jamie was a contestant.  Oh, I would have LOVED to see that.  How long did she last?  Do u remember what season?  Hmmm, so she’s a veteran trying everything?  Maybe next is “Dancing with the Stars”, lol.  Maybe “The View”.  She likes to talk non stop.

7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I've been reading this thread while scratching my head.  I see that people think Deonna is getting a bad edit and they like her a lot.  I'm not so sure.  She does need to loosen up but I don't know if that's going to be easy for her after a decade of not dating at such a young age.  The "walls of Jericho" are made of solid rock at this point and nothing short of getting her drunk and seducing her is going to be enough to break through them.  And even that would probably backfire too because she's so walled in.  I also don't know if I see Greg as being able to break through them.  He's nice but too polite to be able to ask for what he wants from her in a way that doesn't offend her.  He will trip over his words on the leg she extends for him to trip over.  I fear they may end up on the "no-sex zone" for quite a while, if not for good.

I don't think it was that poster upthread's imagination that Greg was looking more attractive in this episode.  The sun agrees with him.  He is starting to remind me a little of Levar Burton as Geordi LaForge even though he technically doesn't look that much like him.  Put a visor on him, LOL.

I don’t think Deonna is getting a bad edit but I do like her quite a bit. I’m not sure she can let her walls down easily but she is aware that they’re there. 

Greg as Geordi is an apt description. Geordi was awkward with women as well. Let’s hope Greg is more successful. 

I don’t consider A into B intercourse dessert. 😳😂 Iris has likely had appetizers - finger foods, petit fours, amuse-bouches. She’s skipped the main course so far. Now that she’s married, she hopes to finally try the filet. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I don’t consider A into B intercourse dessert. 😳😂 Iris has likely had appetizers - finger foods, petit fours, amuse-bouches. She’s skipped the main course so far. Now that she’s married, she hopes to finally try the filet. 

Too funny.  I remember all of those starters.  They weren’t too bad. Haha.  In my day, we had lots of starters.  Today, they mostly get to the filet pretty quick. That quote was priceless!

Edited by Gem 10
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

Yeah, if you really think doing everything else but the particular act means you are pure of body and soul, I think you are delusional and you look foolish.  And just the way she told him in bed seemed strange to me. Her tone of voice and gestures were creepy, especially since he already knew.  Just don't like her much.

If Iris partook ( is that a word?) in all the appitzers already, the only thing stopping her for the filet is fear of becoming pregnant.  Technically, she’s a Virgin, but realistically, she’s not.  So, Iris, cut the shit.  You are not as pure as you portray yourself.

• Love 12
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

As I don’t watch the Bachelor anymore, I never knew Jamie was a contestant.  Oh, I would have LOVED to see that.  How long did she last?  Do u remember what season?  

She was on Ben Flajnik's season in 2012, and to this day, she remains on lists of "Worst Kissers in Bachelor History".

For your enjoyment:

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/10-worst-kisses-bachelor-history-083327540.html

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I can but just barely.  Every season she wears something annoying and the same outfit on every episode, maybe because they were all filmed together.  One season she was "pantless".  Last season I think it was her hair that was annoying.  This season she has an annoying spaghetti strap plunging V top that looks like it's been taped to her so her boobs don't fall out.  It's in an awkward position and has drooped and folded over on the seam.  Also, the straps are adjusted too loose so it sits too low, presumably so the world can see more of her chest.  Whoever they have doing wardrobe for her should be fired.

How about just hiring someone that can really interview professionally without talking about themselves too.  We can’t all be wrong.  Everyone loves Unfiltered, but some just can’t watch and are missing out.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

How about just hiring someone that can really interview professionally without talking about themselves too.  

Ding ding ding!  That right there is precisely the reason I can't watch her.

She literally can't ask the couples one question without interjecting about her own story, about what she was doing at the exact same time the person she's interviewing is being asked about.  

I don't see Anderson Cooper doing that.  "Prime Minister, when I was in your country, I did x, y, and z."
Then again, she's no Anderson Cooper.  😯

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Ding ding ding!  That right there is precisely the reason I can't watch her.

She literally can't ask the couples one question without interjecting about her own story, about what she was doing at the exact same time the person she's interviewing is being asked about.  

I don't see Anderson Cooper doing that.  "Prime Minister, when I was in your country, I did x, y, and z."
Then again, she's no Anderson Cooper.  😯

Yup!  Then she sits there swinging her leg up n down, which is very distracting, especially when she was wearing that outfit up to her hoo- ha last year.  No interviewer sits there with their legs all out.  Who does that?  Not professional.  Maybe the guys like it.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 1

Pepper seriously needs a stylist.  She wears those canvas-looking, tent-like smocky dresses and tops in garish colors that do nothing to flatter her apparently 4 foot tall body.  She is swallowed up in them. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm assuming that neither Jamie nor Elizabeth would be carrying their phones around at a beach resort when dressed in their bathing suits.  I didn't see any evidence of Elizabeth holding a phone in any scenes.  People today don't know how to exist in a world without constant communication.  I chalk their little misunderstanding up to that among other things.  I'm sure Elizabeth didn't even think about having to tell anyone where she was going.  Because normally if she had her cell phone with her, she would just be able to text/call Jamie when she realized they weren't connecting.  And vice versa.  Being over 60, I remember being an adult and not having a cell phone.  Hubbie and I had to talk logistics all the time about where/when to meet up if we were going to be apart for any length of time.

But really, what floors me is that neither of them did the obvious thing.  Why did she just sit in the room instead of going to look for him?  Why didn't he think to go back to the room to find her?  Why did he assume she wanted to be alone?  I think it has something to do with what I said in my first paragraph, but I also get a vibe from Jamie - he acts almost like a guy that got burned in a divorce and now makes assumptions about women based on his negative experiences.  And Elizabeth expects everyone to be like her over-doting daddy, who would probably search the entire premises before giving up on his precious princess.  She's used to being the center of attention and men to just naturally revolve around her, so she assumes that Jamie will be her little pilot fish just like daddy.  Ugh.

Jamie also could have called the room from a hotel phone...

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I don’t think Deonna is getting a bad edit but I do like her quite a bit. I’m not sure she can let her walls down easily but she is aware that they’re there. 

Greg as Geordi is an apt description. Geordi was awkward with women as well. Let’s hope Greg is more successful. 

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Too funny.  I remember all of those starters.  They weren’t too bad. Haha.  In my day, we had lots of starters.  Today, they mostly get to the filet pretty quick. That quote was priceless!

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

If Iris partook ( is that a word?) in all the appitzers already, the only thing stopping her for the filet is fear of becoming pregnant.  Technically, she’s a Virgin, but realistically, she’s not.  So, Iris, cut the shit.  You are not as pure as you portray yourself.

Forgive me for too much information but Iris is such an attractive woman even with the old lady dorky tendencies that I just assumed she did other stuff. If Iris only dated religious guys with her same beliefs it might be okay. However, if she just dated regular guys something would eventually have to give (or receive) in a long term relationship. Since we have heard nothing about her not dating for a decade like Deonna I just assumed she had plenty of “appetizers” in her life.

Jussie Smollett wishes he was as fine as Keith.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The more I see of the guys, their attractiveness is changing.  I've gone from really liking Matt to downgrading him; I now see Greg as a super cutie, and Keith as runway model cute.  

I also like Jamie more than I thought I would, as he diffused that situation really well, although that's what happens when you both make assumptions.  She assumed he'd starve to death before eating lunch without her, and he assumed she had decided to do something on her own.  How about walking a few hundred feet to try and find each other?  Or calling the room as Elizzikra said above?

I'm adjusting my opinions on the women as well, as I've moved Iris up my list.  She looked so cute in every. single. thing. she wore, including stuff I'd look ridiculous in, like the head scarf and the fanny pack.  She made it look like it came straight out of Vogue.  Zero body fat but a great body at the same time.  Envy=me. 😀

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Before I contribute, what’s a “sock fund”?  I’ve never heard that, lol.

LOL; I know they can afford them & it's a 'style' thing. But, I don't like the sock-less look sported by Jamie on his wedding day & on Unfiltered, nor on one of the other guys when he married (Keith, I think?). It looks stupid & unfinished unless wearing sneakers & being very casual.

10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Whoever they have doing wardrobe for her should be fired.

She always looks bad. Now the Jamie from this season is distracting too with his odd choice of wardrobe. I'm not a fashionista so I just can't appreciate it I guess. 🙄

• Love 1
On 7/4/2019 at 1:03 AM, STRIDER1 said:

Deanna said that she was been bird pooped 2 times before in the past, well TBH at that point, I was hoping that would be the 3rd time under that tree hahaha

bird-pooping.gif

So I'm the "Crazy Bird Lady," and I like to think I know a little bit about birds, their habits, and how smart they are. One think I know for sure is that, while birds can't just "hold it" till they get back in their cages, they do have enough control to avoid pooping on someone they like, or to deliberately target someone they don't like

When I was 8, I got an awesome parakeet for my birthday. He was very smart and outgoing. He would spend a lot of time out of his cage, perching on one person's hand or shoulder after another and never pooping on anyone except my oldest brother, with whom he shared a mutual dislike. When he had to "go," he would immediately leave whoever he was 'visiting', fly to the top of my brother's head, and do the do-do!! 

• LOL 11

Folks, we don't have a lot of rules here, but being civil to other posters is #1. Posts have been hidden instructing other members to "put me/him/her on ignore" as that's just rude and unnecessary.

Jamie Otis' Unfiltered episodes are discussed in the threads for the episodes they accompany. A poll was taken several seasons ago and you voted for them to be included.  If you don't want to read about them, bypass those posts. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

How about just hiring someone that can really interview professionally without talking about themselves too. 

That's too expensive. 

12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I've been reading this thread while scratching my head.  I see that people think Deonna is getting a bad edit and they like her a lot.  I'm not so sure.  She does need to loosen up but I don't know if that's going to be easy for her after a decade of not dating at such a young age.  The "walls of Jericho" are made of solid rock at this point and nothing short of getting her drunk and seducing her is going to be enough to break through them. 

Greg would get #MeToo'd if he did that. 

On 7/5/2019 at 10:41 AM, DrewPaul2010 said:

I notice three of the couples the man is older which I always think is a good idea.

I'm curious as to why you think this? I find it doesn't really matter. I'm 5 months older than my husband, my daughter is a year older than hers. I have so many friends who are older than their husbands from months to years. I've never seen a problem.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

That's too expensive. 

Greg would get #MeToo'd if he did that. 

Deonna said she hasn’t dated for ten years.  Maybe nobody asked her ????.

A decent interviewer might be expensive is right.  Production skimps on many things I’ve noticed.  I don’t know why .. the show is popular.

• Love 1
On 7/4/2019 at 3:31 PM, Ohwell said:

Yeah, I was just about to post that.  I liked how Deonna encouraged Greg but didn't make fun of him, and how determined he was to overcome his fear.  I'm rooting for these two.  

When someone is legit afraid to do something, sensitive and supportive encouragement is what you do and then if the person still does not want to give it a go, you do not hold it against them, make comments or put them down. I don't understand this idea that some people have that because their spouse/partner enjoys X activity that the other person must enjoy it too. I thought Deonna could have come up with something a little more nice than "You can't chicken out. You can't chicken out."

On 7/4/2019 at 3:48 PM, Jack Sampson said:

Jamie is.  Dude has a muffin top and boobs.  A bald, average looking guy like him needs to be either rich or shredded.

Shoot a text, situation resolved.

I was repulsed by how he looked. A very obvious muffin top, boobs and that stupid looking hat. I think he's incredibly unattractive. He has no warmth or passion about him. Just a stick in the mud that takes an arrogant tone during an argument that will drive Elizabeth crazy. Even the scene of them in the tub when Elizabeth was going on about how attracted she is to him, the way he was kissing her looked like cardboard or a transaction. Some might say it's the camera but the rest of his personality on the show was just like the tub scene. He just seems like a total dud. 

On 7/4/2019 at 4:06 PM, 2727 said:

Speaking of lying during the interview process, what happened to Matt saying he was aging out of basketball and wanting to settle back in the States? His plans for an auto detailing franchise? 

I'd be crying too, if I were Amber.

My new game going forward will be trying to spot the lies during the casting episode.

Matt probably sees that settling down in marriage is not all it's cracked up to be. Especially when your wife acts like a giggly 9 year old fangirl. 

On 7/4/2019 at 4:11 PM, aphroditewitch said:

Jasmine wasn't insensitive to Will. 

It's all a matter of how you see the people on the show. I found Jasmine to be incredibly insensitive to Will on many occasions. That turned him off early and she lost him. He wasn't interested. And she just got pissier and pissier the more she tried to "flip his switch" and it didn't work. 

Iris is too on for me. 

When Greg was rubbing Deonna's shoulders, she looked disinterested and almost irritated. Poor Greg.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Guess we can't have someone arrested on every season. That really is a bad omen.

Yes, two so far, and it’s only July, lol.

• LOL 1

Make no mistake, I can’t stand Jamie Otis and her deadbeat husband so I kind of hate watch unfiltered but you can definitely glean some new information from the show. She does ask some reasonable questions that get to the point but she’s just so “Jamie”. 

I feel bad that she had to support her younger siblings and then now has to support Doug of the many moles though. She’s a hustlin’

I cringe when Elizabeth refers to herself as a southern belle. She’s much too coarse and lacks refinement. YMMV. She does look better without makeup but I don’t find her attractive, nor do I find her personality endearing but she and Jamie seem to be okay together. I’m sorry, but once she said she had her period and then got into the bathtub I was so afraid when she got out there’d be a trickle down effect. I guess I’m pretty coarse myself. 

Keith is so chill, Iris is so not. She just seems “on” to me at all times. I hope she’ll show a more vulnerable side soon. 

I like Deonna and Greg both separately and together. I thought she was a little distant at first but I imagine I’d be the same way especially after ten years of not dating. I can see their relationship developing slowly though she too needs to let herself be vulnerable like Iris. I hope she can move past Greg’s prior engagement since at 30 or so, most people have had seriously relationships and have a past. It should not be a deal breaker because she chose to put herself on the shelf for ten years  

Amber is an odd one and seems to lack overall maturity. She’s always wanted to be with a basketball player but she seems to forget there’s a lot of travel involved with that. She can’t have it both ways. Matt is hard to read. He doesn’t seem to be too heavily invested yet.  

Overall, I’m enjoying this season much better than last year with the shitshow that was Luke and Kate.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

LOL; I know they can afford them & it's a 'style' thing. But, I don't like the sock-less look sported by Jamie on his wedding day & on Unfiltered, nor on one of the other guys when he married (Keith, I think?). It looks stupid & unfinished unless wearing sneakers & being very casual.

Gotcha.  Now I get it.  YES.  I know it’s a new thing not wearing socks, but whoever started it was a jerk. You have a guy beautifully dressed with suit, nice shirt or sports jacket and no socks.  It looks ridiculous and unfinished.  People might not agree with me but I feel the same way about stockings for women.  No hose with a nice dress and shoes looks unfinished.  Light black sheer stockings look fabulous on women, but I’m old fashioned.  Throw in a nice garter belt and there you have it.  LOL.  Living in the past.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I like Deonna and Greg both separately and together. I thought she was a little distant at first but I imagine I’d be the same way especially after ten years of not dating. I can see their relationship developing slowly though she too needs to let herself be vulnerable like Iris. I hope she can move past Greg’s prior engagement since at 30 or so, most people have had seriously relationships and have a past. It should not be a deal breaker because she chose to put herself on the shelf for ten years  

I'm one of those who warmed to Deonna a lot more this episode after thinking I wouldn't like her. So far, she seems very well matched with Greg. She's got a dry snarky sense of humour and seems the most "real" person of the brides. I feel some of her reserve has a lot to do with being on camera, as she has an easy banter and rapport with Greg but is not overtly physical. The 10 years single is a production driven edit. I can see how it would be challenging, but she's very self aware and Greg rightly identified the the big issues would be her compromising and how accustomed she's become to her independence. I suspect her reaction to his previous engagement has been exaggerated by editing monkeys. I think I have hope for this match. 

Elizabeth and Iris come across like the type of people who've been told they should be on TV by their friends and are convinced they're more interesting than they really are. That said, I don't find Iris objectionable. Just maybe dial it down a bit. I can't get a read on Amber's personality beyond "fangirl" just yet and I'll need her to take Matt off the pedestal before I know how I feel about her.

The grooms.

Greg is the only one I really like so far.

Jamie scored points by being appropriately repulsed by creepy DaddyElizabeth.

Matt - there's no there there. 

Keith - I want to like him, especially because his mom was so lovely. But this show's history in recruiting decent looking men just won't let me trust him.

• Love 6

What is Amber’s backstory as far as relationships? I don’t remember if we ever knew. I’m not sure I know Elizabeth’s either although I can imagine several reasons why her relationships would go south. 

• Love 2