Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Stranger Love in Paradise

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I hope they move past this virgin stuff. Oh who am I kidding- we’re going to be hearing about it for the rest of the season.....

😆  Afraid so!

At least Deonna isn't being as insensitive to Greg over the fear of heights as Jasmine was to Will.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Kimboweena said:

At least Deonna isn't being as insensitive to Greg over the fear of heights as Jasmine was to Will.

Yeah, I was just about to post that.  I liked how Deonna encouraged Greg but didn't make fun of him, and how determined he was to overcome his fear.  I'm rooting for these two.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

There's something about Jamie I don't trust, & Elizabeth is definitely not "prissy" - that was a stupid comment he made.

Seemed like he was trying to be diplomatic and didn't quite land on the right word, but I think he was trying to say she's high maintenance and "girly" in that stereotypical sense of caring too much about her eyelashes, not wanting to get dirty, taking a long time to get ready, etc.

I hope Iris deliberately chose not to go into details of which sex acts she may or not be familiar with because the cameras were there. TMI, people! Fun episode but I could have done with less focus on "sex-ual-inter-course," periods, and sandy vaginas.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, 2727 said:

TMI, people! Fun episode but I could have done with less focus on "sex-ual-inter-course," periods, and sandy vaginas.

Yup.  TMI.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Iris said she had hot sauce in her bag. It is part of black culture, particularly in the South. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe this is a palate cleanser season.

Well, unfortunately, we do know from the overall season previews shown at the beginning of the season, that Dr. Pepper says to someone "Do you want a divorce?", and also Big Red Chardonnay apparently tells a whopping lie.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Big Red and Jamie have strange, doughy bodies. They are not fat but they are flabby. Big Red is not 27. No way. Fess up, sweetie.

Jamie is.  Dude has a muffin top and boobs.  A bald, average looking guy like him needs to be either rich or shredded.

17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I totally understood Big Red's feelings about Jamie's going to lunch without her! A honeymoon means romance,  and romance connotes all that Courtly Love stuff,  and if that means Sir Jamie the Bald has to postpone sating his hunger because he is looking for his Lady,  then by gum,  lunch can wait! 😝

Shoot a text, situation resolved.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Speaking of lying during the interview process, what happened to Matt saying he was aging out of basketball and wanting to settle back in the States? His plans for an auto detailing franchise? 

I'd be crying too, if I were Amber.

My new game going forward will be trying to spot the lies during the casting episode.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe this is a palate cleanser season.

More on the lines needing a high colonic cleanse...to flush out the poo stuck up in there from 8 seasons.....

At the brides'/grooms beach get together...

Amber tells the girls that she boink her hubs...

BigRedBeth was hamstrung by Aunt Flo or she would have reported doing the HokeyPokey

Greg misstepped by telling the dudes about Deonna's 10 year drought...he would have been wiser to keep that under his cap...he is still in his probation period...

By the reaction of the dudes to Keith's news flash...

You married a virgin....is like playing the game of Hot Potato...

You don't want to be stuck with one when the bell dings...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Well, unfortunately, we do know from the overall season previews shown at the beginning of the season, that Dr. Pepper says to someone "Do you want a divorce?", and also Big Red Chardonnay apparently tells a whopping lie.

I wouldn't expect a season of no drama. No drama, no show.  But hoping for at least no verbal/emotional abuse this season (& no more father of Big Red).

• Love 6
5 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

He was likely recruited from a dating app. He could have agreed to promote himself. But if he did, the joke is on him, no one is getting famous from this show. Even Jamie with the long extensions knows she is unlikely to get a gig that is not connected to the show in some way.

Jamie has no talent whatsoever.  They probably pay her very little.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yup.  TMI.

Especially probable BJ’s.  I think it all stems from how the Housewives shows talk all about sex.  I see you Camille Grammar, Denice Richards, Bethenny Frankel, Andy Cohen.

Edited by Gem 10
Forgot someone
  • LOL 2
11 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Jamie is advertising the Marrying Millions show or whatever it is called.  Is she on it? I don't know if there is a host like The Bachelor.

Oh nuts !  Lol

18 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Iris is mad annoying. Then again, I just found out I’m in menopause.   Not sure if they’re related. 

Anything bad?  It’s menopause or PMS forever.  Lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:41 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Well, unfortunately, we do know from the overall season previews shown at the beginning of the season, that Dr. Pepper says to someone "Do you want a divorce?"

Dr. Pepper asked, "do you REALLY want a divorce?"  Seems someone is going to bail; which is disappointing, because so far, I am enjoying all the couples.  Dare I say, I think the experts did a fairly good job, even though I believe 3 out of the 8 shouldn't have been paired. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 2

As much as I make fun of JamieO I admire her making herself a teevee personality without any natural talent or professional acting training.

She's got tenacity. She has no shame. She is perfect for teevee.

She has a husband who is incapable of providing for his family.

So she works Labor and Delivery as a staff nurse while groveling for host jobs on a basic cable channel....

JamieO is no slouch....

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
48 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I hope they at least have the finances discussion this season. They omitted it last season.

Actually, I was referring to Jasmine and Will.  

8 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Dr. Pepper's asked, "do you REALLY want a divorce?"  Seems someone is going to bail; which is disappointing, because so far, I am enjoying all the couples.  Dare I say, I think the experts did a fairly good job, even though I believe 3 out of the 8 shouldn't have been paired. 

Guesses ?

-Greg finds Deanna's walls are too thick even for him

-Deanna can't deal with Greg's previous engagement he might still be hung up on

-Jamie because of whatever Big Red lies about

-Big Red realizes her heart belongs to daddy alone

-Iris realizes Keith is in it to promote his music & ends it to preserve her purity for someone true

-Amber finding Matt with another woman

-Matt realizes Amber's tummy tat is in for some big changes & bails

Guess we're in for something big this season, or they're just messing with us.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don't put any stock in the previews of decision day because a lot of it is either out of context or never shown. Last season they had Kate in her decision day dress turning away from the cameras in tears which led to all kinds of speculation and then it was never shown. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

As much as I make fun of JamieO I admire her making herself a teevee personality without any natural talent or professional acting training.

So she works Labor and Delivery as a staff nurse while groveling for host jobs on a basic cable channel....

JamieO is no slouch....

Is her husband sick or what?

25 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Actually, I was referring to Jasmine and Will.  

I meant the more nitty-gritty finances conversation - how much they make, who makes more, if they have debt, how much their housing costs are, etc. We've seen that in previous seasons but since they rented houses for the couples last season, there was no reason to have such a detailed finance conversation (or maybe the couples had it and they omitted it. Either way, we didn't see it in the Philly season).

Like, we learned in Danielle and Bobby's season that Danielle had $15K in credit card debt. THAT'S the kind of finances conversation I want to see.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I meant the more nitty-gritty finances conversation - how much they make, who makes more, if they have debt, how much their housing costs are, etc. We've seen that in previous seasons but since they rented houses for the couples last season, there was no reason to have such a detailed finance conversation (or maybe the couples had it and they omitted it. Either way, we didn't see it in the Philly season).

Like, we learned in Danielle and Bobby's season that Danielle had $15K in credit card debt. THAT'S the kind of finances conversation I want to see.

I was referring to Jasmine and Will because things got testy between them and I don't want to see anything like that again.

I haven't watch every season so I don't recall how much financial stuff was discussed.  However, even though these people opened themselves to us by virtue of getting married on national television, I do think that financial matters should be something that they discuss between themselves and maybe to the so-called "experts."  How much they make and how much debt they have?  It's none of my business.   

(edited)
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

True but she has gotten more out the show than anyone else who got married on the show. 

She's also got a podcast where they were out in LA for a couple of months. Doug worked remotely and she might have done the Unfiltered stuff , not really sure.

Anyway, she would like to move to LA but Doug won't leave his parents.  They want to buy a condo there so they have a place to stay and go for several months. Sounded like she wants to be in LA to promote herself.

This show has changed so much since their season, which was more real.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

She's also got a podcast where they were out in LA for a couple of months. Doug worked remotely and she might have done the Unfiltered stuff , not really sure.

Anyway, she would like to move to LA but Doug won't leave his parents.  They want to buy a condo there so they have a place to stay and go for several months. Sounded like she wants to be in LA to promote herself.

This show has changed so much since their season, which was more real.

Her being an L&D nurse is a much more respectable, & (I would think) more rewarding gig. She’s never satisfied & totally loses me with her constant famewhoring. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

JamieO is no slouch....

Is she still a nurse? Everytime I see her on Instagram they're traveling or she's attempting to sell something.

It does bring up an interesting topic that others have already mentioned. At this point, some of us might be waiting to see who's trying to sell what. To paraphrase Iris, what are their true motives for doing this experiment? Who has a business or is going to launch a business and use the show as a way to garner "frans"? Jamie has been successfully using her/Doug's position as now the only S1 couple to stay married. I would agree with opinions on her lack of natural talent but she's up there every week getting that money. She's OFTEN on Instagram promoting some type of product. Doug is right there along with her. It must be working for them on some level. From this franchise, they are by far the most recognizable, simply due to longevity and her being the host of Unfiltered.

We've seen others trying to promote their business but I'm not sure how it's worked out for them. I remember Nick always wearing shirts for his...whatever business. We know Kate launched some type of sleepwear business. And Luke, with his speed dating, etc.

So far, some are speculating the Keith has ulterior motives besides just the marriage. Is this something that we should just anticipate from these people? 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Jamie is.  Dude has a muffin top and boobs.  A bald, average looking guy like him needs to be either rich or shredded.

Ahh, I don't mind Jamie's dad body. He's not morbidly obese or anything. And he's 35--right in that dad bod age range, even though he doesn't have kids. I don't remember what his profession is, but I wouldn't expect him to be in the gym constantly like the other grooms. 

26 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

So far, some are speculating the Keith has ulterior motives besides just the marriage. Is this something that we should just anticipate from these people? 

And see, I'm not getting those vibes. Either Keith is a good liar, a great actor, or he really is into Iris. It's hard with the editing--his comments are usually prefaced by dramatic pauses and edits that make him looking like he's avoiding Iris's questions. 

Since he's a musician, I wonder why he hasn't mentioned it even once--not on camera, anyway. The romantic wants to say that he could've gone on the show for publicity, but now he's completely smitten with Iris. 

• Love 7

So far it looks like these couples were well matched. They appear to be physically attracted to each other which makes for a good start although potentially boring season...

I don't believe the producers or 'experts' deliberately put couples together they know aren't compatible.

No update on the couples...they all seem to be having a great time. Its a big red flag if a couple can't enjoy themselves while on a paid vacation.

I notice three of the couples the man is older which I always think is a good idea.

The only thing exciting in this episode was the preview.

• Love 1

Ricky Bobby is shilling hemp oil drops...

Can't imagine why Bobby is tired...of course Danielle isn't getting up with Olivia at night(that is Daddy and Olivia time), then goes work the job, coming home to housework, cooking dinner, cleaning up after dinner, bath time...Dude is tired....needs recovery big time.

Danielle stopped earning, Olivia needs diapers and the new house's bigger mortgage payments has made Bobby stoop real low.... selling  snake oil to try to earn from his basic cable fame...

• Love 1
13 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I don't put any stock in the previews of decision day because a lot of it is either out of context or never shown. Last season they had Kate in her decision day dress turning away from the cameras in tears which led to all kinds of speculation and then it was never shown. 

I agree you can't read anything into the decision day clips..it may not have even been from decision day. They always show the couples grimacing or crying or looking like a deer in the head lights. Its meaningless.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Her being an L&D nurse is a much more respectable, & (I would think) more rewarding gig. She’s never satisfied & totally loses me with her constant famewhoring. 

Nursing is also a more stable income then trying for various hosting gigs. 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Is she still a nurse? Everytime I see her on Instagram they're traveling or she's attempting to sell something.

She said on their podcast she works as a nurse "per diem" so I guess that means when she feels like it.

She also said they were supposed to be on the Happy Ever After show with the pregnant people (Shawniece/Jept and the other couples Bobby etc) but then it was decided not to have them. So that is when they started their podcast.

Doug is actually pretty good on the podcast but Jamie talks too fast and too much. Do they make money from a podcast???

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Does Jamie have breasts?  I could not stop staring at them when the men gathered. 

I like all of the couples and it's refreshing to see them trying instead of arguing as in past seasons.

I'm enjoying this season and these couples.

He needs a bit of gym action...

7 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She said on their podcast she works as a nurse "per diem" so I guess that means when she feels like it.

She also said they were supposed to be on the Happy Ever After show with the pregnant people (Shawniece/Jept and the other couples Bobby etc) but then it was decided not to have them. So that is when they started their podcast.

Doug is actually pretty good on the podcast but Jamie talks too fast and too much. Do they make money from a podcast???

Per diem nurses can make more money per hour than those on staff but they are also the first to be called off if there are not enough patients. 

They have sponsors for the podcast, so they might make some  money from that.

• Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Doug is a JamieO's  bee drone.

He holds her purse.

He is chronically jobless.

I  didn’t know that.  I give her credit.  Thanks.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I haven't watch every season so I don't recall how much financial stuff was discussed.  However, even though these people opened themselves to us by virtue of getting married on national television, I do think that financial matters should be something that they discuss between themselves and maybe to the so-called "experts."  How much they make and how much debt they have?  It's none of my business.   

IIRC in most cases (I haven't seen all the seasons either), they wrote their salaries down on paper and swapped them, although I can think of a few times where someone was like "I make $60K, how about you?" And often they'd say who makes more without saying who makes what. I remember in the Atlanta season, I don't think Neil and Sam talked about how much they made but they did talk about how much their housing costs were (I remember because Sam's housing costs were really low) and how much house they could afford together.

(I think that in general, it's societally beneficial to talk about salary - not talking about it is one way that the wage gap is allowed to persist.)

My point is that if these are "real, legally binding marriages," as the experts say over and over and OVER, the financial conversations give the marriages more heft. Last season the show rented houses for them and covered the cost, so they were really just playing house and there was no need to have those financial conversations because housing was the only way they joined their finances in previous seasons. Doing a budget grounds the marriages more, and they did that in previous seasons.

44 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I didn't see the season with Jamie and Doug and I don't watch the show she hosts (I did see her in commercials for the married to a millionaire show, which I will not watch), but it's absolutely possible to make money from a podcast, depending on how successful it is (how many downloads per episode they see). The more downloads you get, the more you can charge advertisers. You can also be listener-supported (I listen to a lot of podcasts and a few of them request donation via Patreon, usually in exchange for some additional content - you donate $5 a month, you get an extra episode).

So yeah, people can make money from a podcast. Maybe not "quit your day job" money if your audience is small, but money.

• Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

but it's absolutely possible to make money from a podcast, depending on how successful it is (how many downloads per episode they see). The more downloads you get, the more you can charge advertisers.

Ah, ok that makes sense.

They are always plugging their "five star reviews" and they do have commercials and sometimes say they use the product (which I FF through).

Edited by OnTime

So besides peddling shit, what is the reason for their podcast besides more famewhoring & $$ ?

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

he said on their podcast she works as a nurse "per diem" so I guess that means when she feels like it.

I'm guessing this gives her enough time to chase her d-level 'fame'. 

Probably better off for her patients. I'm not a violent person, but if I was in labor & she was jabbering next to me (probably all TMI reg. her own life), things could get dicey.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

So besides peddling shit, what is the reason for their podcast besides more famewhoring & $$ ?

Probably better off for her patients. I'm not a violent person, but if I was in labor & she was jabbering next to me (probably all TMI reg. her own life), things could get dicey.

They have interviewed some people who have been on MAFS. 

If she was talking non-stop during labor, she would be fired. Patients would absolutely complain about it if that were happening.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

She hasn't been nursing for a fair while now, she said she could not commit to the one shift a month that her hospital required to keep her on the per diem roster due to her hosting commitments. Loosely she nursed full time for about 9 months of their 5 years of marriage and a few weekend shifts for 8 months. Considering they were talking about buying a condo in California so Jamie would have somewhere to stay while hosting Unfiltered her hosting plus a few ads must pay most of their bills. I do not understand why she would give up a regular income for all her side hustles there has been the book that she is still shilling, her jewellery that seems to be permanently on sale, he mummy/nurse advice blog that was dropped and now the podcast and youtube channel. The only time she has nursed fulltime was the 6 months after her marriage before moving to NJ and then the last few months of her pregnancy with Shirt because they bought a house and then Doug lost his job.

The famewhoring is still going strong though, Lifetime or Kinetic did a shoutout  a few weeks ago about winning a consultation with Dr Pepper to help with relationship issues and she put her hand up straight away to say she would love to appear.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

If she was talking non-stop during labor, she would be fired. Patients would absolutely complain about it if that were happening.

Hopefully not excessively. But I could imagine, "... when I was in labor... "

3 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

She hasn't been nursing for a fair while now, she said she could not commit to the one shift a month that her hospital required to keep her on the per diem roster due to her hosting commitments. Loosely she nursed full time for about 9 months of their 5 years of marriage and a few weekend shifts for 8 months. Considering they were talking about buying a condo in California so Jamie would have somewhere to stay while hosting Unfiltered her hosting plus a few ads must pay most of their bills. I do not understand why she would give up a regular income for all her side hustles there has been the book that she is still shilling, her jewellery that seems to be permanently on sale, he mummy/nurse advice blog that was dropped and now the podcast and youtube channel. The only time she has nursed fulltime was the 6 months after her marriage before moving to NJ and then the last few months of her pregnancy with Shirt because they bought a house and then Doug lost his job.

The famewhoring is still going strong though, Lifetime or Kinetic did a shoutout  a few weeks ago about winning a consultation with Dr Pepper to help with relationship issues and she put her hand up straight away to say she would love to appear.

So there it is. She leaves a respectable position to be a 'star'.  I suppose it is making more money because the rewards she's had are keeping her going. She also probably figures when her run is over she can always go back to nursing.

I don't respect her decision making on that but it's her own to live with.

Anyone else with famewhoring motives will get their proverbial 15 minutes but that's likely going to be it. Not worth looking stupid on teevee & a first failed 'marriage' IMO.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

He was likely recruited from a dating app. He could have agreed to promote himself. But if he did, the joke is on him, no one is getting famous from this show. Even Jamie with the long extensions knows she is unlikely to get a gig that is not connected to the show in some way.

I can see Keith and Iris having a very successful YouTube channel.  These days couples and families are big things on YouTube.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Hopefully not excessively. But I could imagine, "... when I was in labor... "

So there it is. She leaves a respectable position to be a 'star'.  I suppose it is making more money because the rewards she's had are keeping her going. She also probably figures when her run is over she can always go back to nursing.

I don't respect her decision making on that but it's her own to live with.

Anyone else with famewhoring motives will get their proverbial 15 minutes but that's likely going to be it. Not worth looking stupid on teevee & a first failed 'marriage' IMO.

I don't know if I'd call it famewhoring. Maybe Jamie feels deep down in her soul that she wants a creative job in front of the camera. I don't fault her for that. And maybe this is something she's wanted since she was a little girl, but she chose the safer career path to relieve her of the constant financial insecurity she felt growing up.  

I don't know if appearing on multiple reality TV shows is the best way to launch and maintain her brand, but hey, it worked for Kim Kardashian, right? Actually, Kim started with a sex tape, but that's another story. 

ETA: I do enjoy Jamie on Unfiltered. At least you can tell she's actually watched the episodes. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Jamie Otis. She got married to Doug the first season of the show and currently hosts MAFS Unfiltered. 

4 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Jamie Otis. She got married to Doug the first season of the show and currently hosts MAFS Unfiltered. 

So why are we discussing her here? Did she appear in this episode? 

• Love 5