Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5: All Episodes Talk

There are also women angling for famous men and saying they're on the pill (not that they should be believed, but tempting for a  guy in his 20s in the pre-AIDS era to believe)

I think Tim was hanging around with Tug and therefore it wasn't a secret as he was becoming famous, PLUS he wanted to stick it to his abusive stepfather as much as possible by disowning HIM.  

Tim has been quite open about Tug since the start of his career in the 90s. Just like his wife Faith Hill has spoken about being adopted. She found her birth family but is very private about it.

I don't think Tug McGraw was a yet big star in the world of baseball at the time he impregnated Tim's mother.

When Tim's mom Betty got pregnant, she was still in high school. Tug was 22 and pitching in the minors. No one could have known how famous he would become. And the secrecy began when Betty's parents sent her to Louisiana to stay with relatives. Tug didn't even know she was pregnant.  Times were very different in the 1960's and there was still a lot of shame around teenage pregnancy or any baby born out of wedlock. Around the time that Tim McGraw became famous, I worked at a country radio station, and he has been very open about the whole story, right from the start.

But when Tim reached out to Tug when the former was just 11, Tug WAS at the height of his career.

That's why I initially said he had a right to be suspicious, when some kid from a girl he briefly dated a decade ago, claims Tug (the baseball star) was his father.

Somehow my DVR did not record the Minnie Driver episode although it was set to record all episodes.  I thought they billed the Kelsey ep. as the season finale and I never saw any coming attractions for Minnie.  I also don't find the ep. in Comcast's "on demand" section either.  It's not listed on TV.com even though all the other eps. from this season are.  I would like to see it.  Is there any way I can find the entire episode online?  I'm in the U.S.

Can you provide a link?  I have searched high and low and not found that particular episode anywhere, not even on Amazon instant video.  They have all the other episodes from this season except that one.  I did find one site that said they had it for free if I register but then their disclaimer about using 3rd party services and not being responsible for "what happens" didn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling...

I read that Minnie Driver's story was switched in to the US season 5 set because the celebrity who they originally touted as being the 8th bowed out. 

I've worked on my family tree and realized pretty quickly that some stories need to stay private to the family. Perhaps the celebrities force the show to scale back on what they broadcast regarding a certain family line because it would create a lot of discord in the family if it was broadcast. Also, I have to think for security reasons, it's a little dangerous to be publicizing information that could be used in identity theft.

• Love 1

The new season is starting February 24 on TLC.  It will include the stories of Julie Chen, Bill Paxton,  Angie Harmon, and Sean Hayes.

Entertainment Weekly just tweeted a link to a preview video for the new season and, within the text of their article, they also talk a little bit about their findings. So, if you don't want to be spoiled, at all, don't click on the following link. Oh, by the way, the article says the new season starts March 8 at 10:00 p.m.

Watching Vanessa Williams' episode now. She seems unnaturally surprised that there is Caucasian in her background.

ETA: Sorry, I thought I was posting in the "All Seasons" thread.

Edited by arejay