Type keyword(s) to search

Treadstone Anticipation: Ops Inception

• Start Topic

Treadstone explores "the origin story and present-day actions of a CIA black ops program known as Operation Treadstone — a covert program that uses behavior-modification protocol to turn recruits into nearly superhuman assassins. The first season follows sleeper agents across the globe as they’re mysteriously “awakened” to resume their deadly missions.

I saw the promo, so I guess the drugs of the Jason Borne world keeps them in shape. But my pet peeve on shows about "sleeper agents" is how do sleepers by definition unable to work out their killing skills lest they break their cover become extra super soldiers when activated.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:24 AM, Raja said:

I saw the promo, so I guess the drugs of the Jason Borne world keeps them in shape. But my pet peeve on shows about "sleeper agents" is how do sleepers by definition unable to work out their killing skills lest they break their cover become extra super soldiers when activated.

Snort. I assume they're trained before they become sleepers, and they hand wave the YEARS of discipline those skills require and the erosion of those skills when they're not used.

This was the problem I had with The Matrix. Uploading knowledge is well and good, but you can't upload muscle memory. 

Still, I'll check it out. I can usually ignore this sort of fantasy nonsense for a gripping story.

Am I the only person who saw the hour long preview earlier this week? I knew nothing about it other than the connection to the Bourne books/movies.

Intriguing enough to watch a few more episodes, but will require a considerable suspension of disbelief to get through it. The nuclear missile in the backyard was almost the dealbreaker for me. I am a sucker for international thrillers though.