Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E04: Power of Veto #1

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 minute ago, HurricaneVal said:

Not to mention the fact that there's no way they're able to really get all that crap cleaned up out of the backyard, a little ranch dressing is likely to have spattered somewhere it wasn't supposed to. 

That's what the ants are for.

Ants: nature's vacuum!

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I agree with you, nothing will change.   At least not until the ratings take a dive..

It does get tiring watching the people line up like ducks in a row into the same old cliques. 

Jocks hang out with the cheerleader types.

The outsiders are left with nowhere to go.  Some try to do whatever they can to hangout with the jock/cheerleader types even if it ruins their own game.  Others just kind of wonder off and for whatever reason fail to come up with a big enough group to take on the jock/cheerleader types.

Where does that leave Kat? She actually was a cheerleader but seems to not be officially in the clique and more of a throw away. To me its interesting to see how some make it in to the group and others do not - just like high school!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Kat wasn't very likeable tonight. I can't tell if it was the edit, or if she just isn't that nice. 

There's always an edit, if someone looks in a weak position maybe the editors don't bother looking on their better side.  I always feel some manipulation and cliches in the edit.  And pushing some showmance angle while they still could.  Personally I don't think Christie particularly preferable however much crying she does.

(edited)
10 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Casting didn't forsee the power of the 2 Jacks apparently. No doubt they're kicking themselves right now. 

Why?   Two jocks always align and try to run the house.   It happens every season. 

I knew the two would be joined at the hip the minute I saw them.  

Be nice if they would turn on one another.   Since both aren’t too bright, maybe production can make that happen.  

Since Christie probably hosed up her game be winning the first HOH, she should have just put Jack up instead of Ovi and be done with it.  

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 2

So I said this in the live feed thread and I'll repeat it here (don't worry, no spoilers! Just want to admit that I'm cribbing from my own posts):

I don't think Jack and Jackson are making their boot list, rubbing their hands together and twirling their moustaches like the proper villains they are over how they're going to take out everyone who isn't white, slim, young, or pretty. I don't think these guys put on their pointy white hats and robes and go marching down the street. I don't think they're being racist with intent. I do believe that there's some unconscious biasing and profiling happening and that's what the problem is. They're not screaming in someone's face about how their skin colour is different and that makes them less than - but by their actions, you can hear a whisper of it and that can be worse than the screaming. 

It's not always screaming and marching and pointing and telling someone to get out because they don't belong. Sometimes it's the word choices and the looks and the justifications that people contort themselves into to make themselves feel better that they're not making it an issue of race. 

• Love 11

I’m really confused about the schedule. I didn’t even realize there was an episode last night until I saw my pvr start recording. Wasn’t it always Sun, Wed and then evictions on Thurs? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I’m really confused about the schedule. I didn’t even realize there was an episode last night until I saw my pvr start recording. Wasn’t it always Sun, Wed and then evictions on Thurs? 

Yes, it was. They changed it to Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday for the first couple of weeks. I think it goes back to normal next week. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

So I said this in the live feed thread and I'll repeat it here (don't worry, no spoilers! Just want to admit that I'm cribbing from my own posts):

I don't think Jack and Jackson are making their boot list, rubbing their hands together and twirling their moustaches like the proper villains they are over how they're going to take out everyone who isn't white, slim, young, or pretty. I don't think these guys put on their pointy white hats and robes and go marching down the street. I don't think they're being racist with intent. I do believe that there's some unconscious biasing and profiling happening and that's what the problem is. They're not screaming in someone's face about how their skin colour is different and that makes them less than - but by their actions, you can hear a whisper of it and that can be worse than the screaming. 

It's not always screaming and marching and pointing and telling someone to get out because they don't belong. Sometimes it's the word choices and the looks and the justifications that people contort themselves into to make themselves feel better that they're not making it an issue of race. 

You so pegged this. I am embarrassed that these two lovely young men both not white, already “banished” from the house (and next up is the not white girl). I think I am done with this show, stop casting a bunch of white “dudes” and beautiful white girls and expect a different outcome. 

I am not sure I can watch this anymore. I wish Julie would’ve left in protest, I’d feel better about her. 

Everyone hates Ovi because his game sucked, I just see a decent kid.  Hate the rest of these douchebags EVERY YEAR......

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Cala, I love you and your posts and I agree with 95% of what you say here.

I guess what I have an issue with is everyone labeling these folks as "Racist", one of the worst labels that anyone can be tagged with. It ruins careers, lives and families and should not be thrown around with such ease. 

Unconscious bias does not = racist,  it is something we do as humans every single day for practically everything.  Shop at this grocery vs that one= Bias, buy a Ford instead of a Chevy = bias, PC vs Mac = Bias.  Rather date black women/men vs white women/men= bias.  Surround yourself with people who are like you or have your same opinions and ideals= Bias. All of these choices could also be considered preferences.  Preferences are a direct result of free will and right now free will is almost a thing of the past.  

I guess I am just sad that people cannot get past everything relating to skin color when it comes to interacting with others.  Sometimes people just do not like one another due to their demeanor, attitude, close talking, loud talking, exaggerated movements, etc., and folks need to realize that not everyone is likeable by everyone else.  

Hell, I bet there are even a few people out there in the real world that have met me and do not like me and that is fine,  I'm pretty sure they are all assholes anyway. 

Anyway, I am done with this topic.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, xKHANx said:

Unconscious bias does not = racist

Actually it does.  It is what is buried deep inside a person coming out.  What he/she has been trying to hide from public view.  Who that person truly is.  Not he outer "PC show" they put on for people.

And I don't think anyone here is calling these people (the two Jacks) racists "with ease" either.  It is pretty evident they are.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 12:10 PM, green said:

Actually it does.  It is what is buried deep inside a person coming out.  What he/she has been trying to hide from public view.  Who that person truly is.  Not he outer "PC show" they put on for people.

And I don't think anyone here is calling these people (the two Jacks) racists "with ease" either.  It is pretty evident they are.

I don't think xKHANx was referring to an unconscious bias against people, more a favorable bias. I think it (the term unconscious bias) was referring to the fact that we all tend to gravitate toward people we have the most in common with, the people who we think we're going to get along with best. I've seen it on BB every season from people of all backgrounds.  

Edited by greyflannel
Clarifying my use of the word it
  • Love 1

While discussing race issues brought up in this topic please remember that the policy here at Primetimer is Be Civil, which means you may not "snark" or "call out" each other, only the people on the show. Please keep this in mind during further discussions. If you cannot be civil you will receive a warning which may limit your posting ability. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/3/2019 at 10:00 AM, zorak said:

LOL.  Touché!  Say it ain't so!  But it's an international hit.  How could you possibly resist?

Some of the shows currently and recently in my TiVo Season Pass: 

Love After Lockup, 90 Day Fiance: ad infinitum, Married at First Sight, Paradise Hotel, Temptation Island, Marrying Millions, Keeping Up With the Kardashians, and The Housewives of NYC and BH.

One guess as to which other show was also recently added to the Dumpster™️ that all my brain cells are going into... 🚮

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 1
On 7/2/2019 at 9:04 PM, sphoebus31 said:

Christie's crying may be obnoxious, but...dang...Jack lost me tonight.  When he said Christie better not pull another 'stunt' like that (i.e. putting up Ovi instead of Kemi)?  I'm like...Who does he think he is??  It's Christie's HOH and even if she's in your alliance, she gets to the call the shots and you have to roll with it.

Also, Sam pleasantly surprised me with his gameplay tonight.  Now keep working on being a little less shouty in the DR (which also showed a little improvement this week), and I could be interested in watching  you play.

I definitely don't like Jack and Jackson and I don't like Christie after last week either. Even though Sam can be annoying I think he's ok. Basically, I like most of the people who are not in the GR8ful alliance.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:11 PM, TroopinFairy said:

Jack and Jackson need to go. I hate “mansplaining” guys. If Jack wanted HOH he should’ve tried harder to get it in the first place. But, then he wouldn’t have been able to get others to do his dirty work for him. Christie should’ve put Jack up just to see what would’ve happened. I feel bad for Ovi because he’s unknowingly caught in the middle and can’t use his nightmare power to save himself. I just hope that Christie convinces the other houseguests that Kat should be the one to go.

I'm sure that Christie will be the first GR8ful to go if the alliance lasts that long.

On 7/3/2019 at 8:34 AM, Samwise979 said:

The segment of Cliff doing the veto was hilarious but I'm glad we didn't have to watch the full segments of the others. That must have been so funny for Kaycee to watch though. 

Is Kathryn the one that said (in her intro) that she is bad at taking selfies so she hired a photographer to follow her around to take pictures of her for the Gram?

I really felt bad for Ovi when he got nominated. You could see the feeling of betrayal on his face. At least give the guy a heads up. 

Kat is so annoying. I wish she'd go home.