Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Kicked To The Curb

• Start Topic

On a very  minor note: In the live stream,  people were wondering if Larissa was wearing a seat belt. She was, and had it under her right arm instead of over her shoulder. Most of it was covered by her arm and her purse, but you could see the rest coming out over her left hip.

Note so minor: If Coltee really was chugging whiskey, he is a world class alcoholic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

On a very  minor note: In the live stream,  people were wondering if Larissa was wearing a seat belt. She was, and had it under her right arm instead of over her shoulder. Most of it was covered by her arm and her purse, but you could see the rest coming out over her left hip.

Note so minor: If Coltee really was chugging whiskey, he is a world class alcoholic.

I don't know, maybe Colt hides his secret stash of tinted water in the jack Daniels bottle.  Debbie, with her coffee mug of "drink" gets more sideeye from me.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kareem said:

Yikes. Coltee acts like a boozer and Debbie sounds like one.  

They are both total FREAKS! Larissa has issues (boy, does she have issues), but I am stunned that she put up with all she did for as long as she did. While she came off as being greedy and selfish........it all makes sense if what Coltee had told her or intimated to her that he had money. If he told her he had a house (and not a rental), he had a car (and not mentioned the age, etc), that he "took care of his mom" (and either she had a separate area of the 'house' or didn't necessarily LIVE with him), that he had a good-paying job which left him with extra money (instead of only making ends meet with mom's buy-in) THEN Larissa's attitude makes sense. Nevertheless, were I Larissa I would have asked to be returned to my homeland once I found out that I was nothing more than a sex-toy for a man who is still on Mama's teat. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, happy hobo said:

They are both total FREAKS! Larissa has issues (boy, does she have issues), but I am stunned that she put up with all she did for as long as she did. While she came off as being greedy and selfish........it all makes sense if what Coltee had told her or intimated to her that he had money. If he told her he had a house (and not a rental), he had a car (and not mentioned the age, etc), that he "took care of his mom" (and either she had a separate area of the 'house' or didn't necessarily LIVE with him), that he had a good-paying job which left him with extra money (instead of only making ends meet with mom's buy-in) THEN Larissa's attitude makes sense. Nevertheless, were I Larissa I would have asked to be returned to my homeland once I found out that I was nothing more than a sex-toy for a man who is still on Mama's teat. 

I think if she went back she couldn’t get another k1 visa for ten years.  And at 42 she might have fewer opportunities to snare a new husband.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Spike said:
1 hour ago, Spike said:
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I think if she went back she couldn’t get another k1 visa for ten years.  And at 42 she might have fewer opportunities to snare a new husband.

Her "sell by" date was already expired when CheapAss Coltie went shopping at "CloseoutForeignBrides.com"

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Spike said:

Id take it a step further and say that at 32/33 she kinda had one shot.  She heads back to Brazil and she would have to build up a cadre of men again.  

I think she is generally pretty, so maybe she doesn't have to snag an American next time.  I've watched a couple documentaries on mail order brides and there are colts all over the world.

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think Larissa bit the bullet on most things like the car with no AC, his being cheap, etc. but it seemed she was most disappointed in and bothered by Coltee himself - the emotionless guy who held her immigration status over her with his call(s) to the police, always sided with his mother against her and then just wanted sex often, things she couldn’t have predicted before coming here.  I find Colt and his mother sickening to see and to listen to so I’m admittedly biased. I don’t know that Larissa would have been the same if she had been here with a normal guy.  jmho

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Spike said:

Well, the U.S. isn't the only country. She can go for a Canadian or a European. 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Kareem said:

I think Larissa bit the bullet on most things like the car with no AC, his being cheap, etc.

Coltee wanted arm candy, but then didn't want to pony up the high maintenance fees for it.  All that silly waxing, lip plumping, hair doing comes pretty expensive.  If she'd have gone regular DIY and looked like a normal person, he'd throw a hissy fit.

He bought way above his pay grade, then bitched about the price of admission.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
On 7/12/2019 at 11:31 AM, magemaud said:

I’m beginning to think Ashley’s whole “deport your ass” storyline is fake. How many times did she threaten to deport Jay then when she had the chance to put him on a plane she supposedly lets him go to Miami instead? Then he meekly returns to her bedside after she was hospitalized. I’m NOT saying her health crisis wasn’t real, but if he had been back in Jamaica when it happened, I doubt if it would have been possible for him to return to the US so quickly. We only saw him going to a hotel, who’s to say he didn’t stay there for a while and never took a flight anywhere? 

And if the ”stress” he put her thru caused her to get sick, why does she even want to see him, let alone take him back? It’s game she’s playing. To drive up interest in her and Jay’s segments . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/10/2019 at 11:18 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I don't fault her for it as much as I am beyond skeptical she ever had any intent to bring them over here.  I think Larissa is all about Larissa, and the supposed breaking the news to Debbie was simply an attempt to address the situation and make her appear more sympathetic in the process.  I wouldn't be surprised if Debbie knew about the kids' existence all along, but they were a non-factor because there was never any intent to bring them over.  

I think the children were only brought up on the show when their existence was discovered and the issue became the elephant in the room, so to speak. 

I should note it's only Larissa's sketchy behavior around the existence of these children that makes me doubt her story.  I don't have these feelings about the other participants who have been forthcoming about the existence of children.  I don't think the children were a factor in her choice of Colt. 

Maybe I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time, to be sure), but I just don't think she ever intends to bring the children over.  Time will tell.

it’s all about her. Even after revealing she had kids she never mentioned sending them gifts or a few dollars, her concern was lip fillers, haircuts and clothes.  If she remains in the US, she’ll never see those kids again. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Coltee wanted arm candy, but then didn't want to pony up the high maintenance fees for it.  All that silly waxing, lip plumping, hair doing comes pretty expensive.  If she'd have gone regular DIY and looked like a normal person, he'd throw a hissy fit.

Exactly! 

I hope someone asks  him about the Jack Daniels. I'd be out on the floor drinking like that.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

haircuts

Remeber a couple of episodes when she wanted $200 for a hair appointment?  I cannot believe she would need $200 for someone to dye it shoe polish black (1 color process) and trim her bangs. I'd have a hard time paying for that too.

So, Debbie called 911 on Larissa because of her fighting with Colt, was it just loud or was it getting physical? That was a bitch move for Debbie, she took the opportunity to put the final nail in the coffin.  Larissa did not stand a chance with Colt, Debbie has probably ruined a lot of relationships for Colt and Colt let's her with his co dependant relationship.

After watching this season so far I almost feel sorry for Larissa, almost.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Remeber a couple of episodes when she wanted $200 for a hair appointment?  I cannot believe she would need $200 for someone to dye it shoe polish black (1 color process) and trim her bangs. I'd have a hard time paying for that too.

So, Debbie called 911 on Larissa because of her fighting with Colt, was it just loud or was it getting physical? That was a bitch move for Debbie, she took the opportunity to put the final nail in the coffin.  Larissa did not stand a chance with Colt, Debbie has probably ruined a lot of relationships for Colt and Colt let's her with his co dependant relationship.

I couldn't see a woman with any other prospects even giving Colt a chance.

Even rainbow purse was way out of colts league.  

Debbie claims there is an ex girlfriend, and I wonder if this person is real, or was maybe just someone Colt talked to online.  And if she is real, it would be interesting to get her take on things, thought she may not want to publicly admit she had anything to do with Colt.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Exactly! 

I hope someone asks  him about the Jack Daniels. I'd be out on the floor drinking like that.  

After the chugging scene, I truly wonder whether Coltee is a functioning alcoholic. That would explain his affect, especially in the TH segments. To me, at least, he comes across as someone who knows he is tipsy and is being very careful to maintain an even tone of voice and level expression.

23 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Debbie claims there is an ex girlfriend, and I wonder if this person is real, or was maybe just someone Colt talked to online.  And if she is real, it would be interesting to get her take on things, thought she may not want to publicly admit she had anything to do with Colt.

She is real! She's a model, but she lives in Canada and that's why she couldn't be on the show!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Well, Larissa does have long hair, and Vegas is expensive, it might include the tip as well.

Debbie really showed her ass, I was surprised once she decided to cut loose. I think they'll all be happier apart, Coltee can just get a new Real doll.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

She is real! She's a model, but she lives in Canada and that's why she couldn't be on the show!

LOL, is that a rift on the breakfast club?  I remember a movie where the character's "girlfriend" was a Canadian model.  I just couldn't remember which one.

So then, I got lost in Google and then found this article, which may explain things if the "Canadian model" is something Colt is really trying to sell 

Why are women's fake boyfriend's always from Canada?

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I can believe it.  I paid $130 Canadian in my city (pop 130 K)  at an upscale salon for a basic colour and cut.  $80 Canadian at Walmart.  I have medium length hair.

So $200 in Vegas is a possibility. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, is that a rift on the breakfast club?  I remember a movie where the character's "girlfriend" was a Canadian model.  I just couldn't remember which one.

So then, I got lost in Google and then found this article, which may explain things if the "Canadian model" is something Colt is really trying to sell 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq.com/story/fake-boyfriends-from-canada/amp

Great article, thanks!

• Love 1

Wondering if Larissa’s latest arrest was planned as a way to get her deported so a certain person wasn’t responsible for her anymore.  She’s evidently no longer giving him what he brought her for(who could blame her), so bye bye.  

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I can believe it.  I paid $130 Canadian in my city (pop 130 K)  at an upscale salon for a basic colour and cut.  $80 Canadian at Walmart.  I have medium length hair.

So $200 in Vegas is a possibility. 

Truth be told, I added my hair dresser as a dependant on my taxes, lol. But honestly, if she spent $200 on her hair I would hope it would look better than it does, very dry and inky.

I love Canada, many happy childhood vacations in Montreal, Ontario,Toronto, Niagra Falls, etc...

• Love 2

Truth be told, I added my hair dresser as a dependant on my taxes, lol. But honestly, if she spent $200 on her hair I would hope it would look better than it does, very dry and inky.

The relationship I have with my hair stylist is one of the longest commitments of my life.

Hate Larissa, don't love the bangs but in general I think she has pretty hair.

At the time that the episode first aired, there was some pretty extensive discussion about this and it seems that, depending on how upscale the salon is and what services she had, she could easily have gotten to $200.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The relationship I have with my hair stylist is one of the longest commitments of my life.

At the time that the episode first aired, there was some pretty extensive discussion about this and it seems that, depending on how upscale the salon is and what services she had, she could easily have gotten to $200.

I wouldn’t spend 200 bucks on my hair. But I can see a professional woman, wanting to look her best, coughing it up.  If Larissa had a job, it might even be justifiable. But she spends her days  around the house, playing with her makeup and reading anything she can find about herself on the internet. I’ve posted it before, if she felt she got sold a bill of goods and they aren't as promised, she could easily have turned around and headed home. It seems Colt feels he got hoodwinked himself. No one here knows exactly what was promised by who. My guess is there was a lot  either skimmed over or never discussed or assumed on both parts. Though it is a snarky forum and I love snark as much as anyone, I do think the comments insinuating some kind of incest between Colt and Debbie to be going a bit overboard.  JMO.

Larissa and Colt are both at fault. Just end it civilly and go your separate ways. 

On 7/14/2019 at 2:43 PM, zillabreeze said:

She wasn’t all dolled up in Mexico. He knew what he was getting looks wise as did she. Let’s be honest... he was looking for sex and she wanted to get to the US. My guess is they fucked  more than they talked and each heard what they wanted to hear, dismissing any warning bells. She, like many on these shows,  had and I think still has, a misguided idea of what life in the USA is like for the middle  class. It’s not cheap, most wives (those who don’t work outside the home) don’t just put their hand out and ask/demand 240 bucks for a haircut. Most couples  or singles budget their money. Aside from Colts other behaviors, I don’t think it’s unusual for a new couple to have difficulty adjusting to how to manage finances. Each person should have some money that is theirs to spend as they please without explanation. When Colt agreed to 200 bucks a month I thought that was reasonable. (If all other expenses in the house are paid and that is her money alone)

I wouldn’t hand a credit card over to someone (in this K1 situation) and give them free access to buy things. You need to sit and go over what money is coming in and what expenses go out and discuss purchases. Larissa seemed to feel entitled to have what she wanted when she wanted it and without any idea how it was going to get paid for. Having a third party involved with finances is tough. Colt and Debbie should have discussed dividing up expenses between them with Colt taking 2/3 and Debbie 1/3. 

With these two there are a lot of other factors at play. I think it was doomed from the start even if Debbie wasn’t a factor.

I also think the whole TV show aspect of this became a big part of it. Clearly Larissa, and Colt (to a lesser degree) got caught up in the whole on line world of forums, fans and haters, seeing their name in online blogs and thinking they’re some type of celebrity. 

• Love 2
On 7/10/2019 at 4:02 PM, 100Proof said:

I'm assuming you are a nice lady but perhaps haven't a twinkling of an idea what the mind of a male is like once they hit puberty. There ain't no 12-13 and above that wouldn't absolutely kill to be banging his brains out, be it a girl in his peer group or any older women that looks good to him.

Males seemed to have been dragged into this whole old/young thing as a way of assuaging any appearance of a double standard regarding what was pretty much exclusively over older male/under age female behavior, even if one side of that standard (teenage male) would be over-the-moon in seventh heaven absolutely flipping out at the mere thought that some 30 something year old hot chick wants to bang him. It IS different with guys.

You'd assume wrong then because I'm not really that nice.

For the last 10 years I've spent 100% of my free time with adolescent, teen and young adult males. There actually ARE lots and lots and lots of boys that aren't solely focused on dipping their wicks the second the realize that's an option. The generalization that all boys are raring to be sexually active is just that, a generalization. And those that are aren't usually getting nasty with 30 year old women.

Regardless of the genders when you've got an adult screwing a teenager it's some fucked up shit.  Just because a boy would, in your words, "absolutely kill to be banging his brains out" doesn't give an adult an all-access free pass to young tail.  There's a reason teenagers do some shit - they're brains aren't wired yet to know better. An adult though? They absolutely are and absolutely should know better.

• Love 7
On 7/10/2019 at 3:33 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

Jay is about 22 now, according Trashley., so can we stop with the "Jay was a child" stuff?

Except he wasn't when they met. And we've never been shown ON THE SHOW otherwise? YOu can have your opinion, I can have mine.  The physiology of human brain development backs up my opinion and you'd be hard-pressed to change it without countering scientific information otherwise.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, shockermolar said:

For the last 10 years I've spent 100% of my free time with adolescent, teen and young adult males. There actually ARE lots and lots and lots of boys that aren't solely focused on dipping their wicks the second the realize that's an option.

Oh, is that so..... hmmmmm

And suuuure, they're gonna be letting you in on what's going on in their perverted little minds. I'm male, I was there, and every flippin' male peer I came in contact with was there and you don't know squat what's going on in their/our heads.  :)

2 hours ago, shockermolar said:

Regardless of the genders when you've got an adult screwing a teenager it's some fucked up shit.  Just because a boy would, in your words, "absolutely kill to be banging his brains out" doesn't give an adult an all-access free pass to young tail. 

If that hot young mom with the miniskirt up to her butt who hung out in front of her house with the baby carriage, smoking a cig across the street that had me and all my other 12 y.o friends drooling with our tongues dragging on the ground ever made our fantasy come true you can be sure as s***  it would've given any of us a f***ing helluva boost in life, I tell you what.

Be the ultimate of ultimate confidence boosts for pretty much every awkward self conscious teen boy. 

If that lady had banged me at around that age, would've given me the confidence to go out and start my own multi billion dollar company or something .... with lotsa banging along the way!  lol

Teen boys ain't all focused on sex, my ass. Lol

Or maybe you just knew a lot of hormonally deficient ones. That'd be the only explanation. 😄

Edited by 100Proof
On 7/15/2019 at 10:11 AM, Elizzikra said:

This makes me miss my stylist so much.  She wasn't particularly nice, but she didn't have to be because she knew what the hell she was doing and she didn't sugar coat anything.

I suspect they were running drugs out of that shop (they were definitely selling bootleg DVDs) which is what allowed her to keep her prices expensive but reasonable.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:46 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

The thing about Pedro is that he gave more of a deflection than a straight up denial.   It wasn't, "Absolutely not!  There is no truth to that at all!"  It was more like "And you believe that?" "Why would you believe Obed?"  

If he had come right out and immediately denied it, I'd be less suspicious.

Yeah, but what exactly is it that Obed is alleging happened?  You can't "make" two people fall in love with each other unless those two people have serious psychological issues to begin with.  You can't force people to break up with a loved one unless you're a rich relative threatening to withhold an inheritance.  "Harvesting the American dollar" is certainly a tangible goal, but how is marrying off your handsome son to a toothsome American woman whom you proceed to argue with, make fun of with chicken feet and otherwise disrespect on this day supposed to persuade her to be happy to hand over American dollars?  None of this makes any sense to me unless I look at it with my big-girl eyes and accept that reality TV creates plots and counts on us viewers to suspend our disbelief and applaud like hell to keep Tinkerbell alive.

• Love 5
On 7/7/2019 at 10:08 PM, 7isBlue said:

I cannot stand Chantal! Pedro’s family are shit-stirrers, but Chantal has not shown one second of graciousness or class. Sometimes you have to smile through clenched teeth (not a stretch for her) and be “nice” for the sake of peace in your family. She has a horrible example in her moron of a mother, but at some point doesn't it become exhausting?! If you’re not going to get a divorce, then you need to suck it up and get along. The thing that repulses me the most is that smirking face of hers when she’s lecturing her mother in-law. Have some respect, you low-rent twat. Argh!

"Low-rent twat" FTW!

• LOL 1
On 7/8/2019 at 11:02 AM, Drogo said:

Every season there's at least 1-2 giant age gaps, and even more "looks gaps" with pairs like Colt/Larissa or Azan/Nicole.  Most of these Americans look for spouses abroad because they don't have qualities that young/attractive/both Americans are looking for, but they do have an advantage overseas by waving U.S. citizenship around.

NAILED IT!  Most of the Americans featured on this show fall into the category of "defective" (in some way, shape, or form!)

• Love 1
On 7/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, shockermolar said:

I'm 100% with RealReality on the power imbalance here. If a 30 year old white man went to a 3rd world country and found a black teenage bar girl living - at the minimum - in sub-optimal conditions, married her, brought her back to this country, and then held the power of a home to live in, food to eat, the ability to make her own money, threat of deportation, threat of arrest, over her head constantly to keep her in line so that he could keep having sex with her? Yeah, that's some icky stuff but it's exactly what Ashley's been doing to Jay. 

See season 3 Mark and Nikki for another example.