Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Last Minute

Chip

(edited)

Honestly the veiled dude is one of the weaker elements of the show for me because it's sort of an overly-obvious contrivance to keep something from the audience.  "Dude, why is that guy wearing a Corpse Bride Veil? Why would anyone actually do that?"  The answer is: No one would unless it was for a religious purpose, or because they are hideously scarred.

Dillon?

Edited by Collinwood
  • Love 2

I still also want to know who Jason's mom is. If it's not Emily, then why is she still on the show?

It is highly unlikely that Emily is Jason's mother - unless some serious technology is involved.

In 2077 - Alec Saldler was 83+ years old.  Ergo Emily was 83+ years old in 2077.

In 2077 - Jason Sadler was 24 years old - he was sent back to 1992 and aged normally for 20 years.  Then Kira et. al. arrived when he was biologically ~44 years old.

So - it would take some serious science for a 59 year old Emily to give birth - even with Sadtech technology

(edited)

It is highly unlikely that Emily is Jason's mother - unless some serious technology is involved.

In 2077 - Alec Saldler was 83+ years old. Ergo Emily was 83+ years old in 2077.

In 2077 - Jason Sadler was 24 years old - he was sent back to 1992 and aged normally for 20 years. Then Kira et. al. arrived when he was biologically ~44 years old.

So - it would take some serious science for a 59 year old Emily to give birth - even with Sadtech technology

Could a different time travel instance of Kiera or Garza be Jason's birth mother? (I don't think I want that to be the case.) Or could Jason have done some other time traveling that would make Emily being his mother feasible? Let's see...Emily is pregnant now-ish, and sends baby Jason to a date in the future (2063?) to protect him. Then, as an adult in 2077, he goes back to 1992. Maybe the second trip is what cause his cognitive dissonance. Edited by shapeshifter

Sticking with Jason, one of the things I enjoyed about Piron Alec was his offbeat father-son dynamic with Jason. He seemed to really want to help and care for him* If we get a season 4, I wonder if we'll see something similar with Hoodie Alec.

*Admittedly while also using him as a guinea pig

• Love 2
(edited)

Sticking with Jason, one of the things I enjoyed about Piron Alec was his offbeat father-son dynamic with Jason. He seemed to really want to help and care for him* If we get a season 4, I wonder if we'll see something similar with Hoodie Alec.

*Admittedly while also using him as a guinea pig

Yeah, I really liked their father/son relationship, and was little surprised by how nonchalant Jason was about Alec's death. I don't expect him to hit the bottle like Carlos did, but a little pause wouldn't be out of place. The two Alec's were different people, and like you say, barring the experiment thing, piron!Alec did seem more fatherly towards Jason.

Edited by greenbean

All three seasons will be available on Netflix starting July 26.

Will it be on their Instant Streaming list (like how I can watch all of Fringe or House of Cards instantly)  or do we need to have the DVDs mailed to us?

Wow what a finale. I just finished this season on netflix. I'm really glad that time traveling Alec is the one who survived because I would have picked him from the beginning of the season. I surprisingly didn't mind Emily this season but was confused on why Alec didn't want to see her (he might not have known she was in prison).

I didn't see Kelloge taking over the company coming, that is kind of good though because it then frees up Alec to be able to work with Kira again (and maybe liberal8). As well as have a relationship with Emily. Who I don't think is Jason's mother because he didn't seem to care if they were together or not.

Watched all 3 seasons in a binge watch. Man, I feel like someone let a 3 year old in the script writing for season 2 and then for season 3 here, the now 4 year old said "Let's add robots."

I feel like they dumped the cannon of the show. The only 2 things that remain are that 1. Kellogg is always looking out for Kellogg and 2. Apparently Carlos (not Julian because Julian is Thesius :)  always ends up working somehow with Thesius.

Edited by hammaboo

Watched all 3 seasons in a binge watch. Man, I feel like someone let a 3 year old in the script writing for season 2 and then for season 3 here, the now 4 year old said "Let's add robots."

I feel like they dumped the cannon of the show. The only 2 things that remain are that 1. Kellogg is always looking out for Kellogg and 2. Apparently Julian always ends up working somehow with Thesius.

Wasn't Julian always was supposed to be Thesius (or at least he was supposed to end up using the moniker, "Thesius" in the 2070s)? Besides that, I totally agree that this season really went into left field. Like, 1). this season, focused way too much on the guy from the future and felt that it became all about him (and was it revealed that he was the one shot the other Kiera?) and 2). this season also focused too much, IMHO, on the Freelancers (which, IMHO, were always something that felt shoehorned into the whole storyline but I still feel that the Freelancers could still be good for the story, but, IMHO, it needs work). 

That being said, I did like the episode with the Gleaners. It was fun to just have a whole episode that took place in the future and to see what was going on there as opposed to getting small snippets at the start and end of each episode (and then trying out to figure why the future would be like that). 

Wasn't Julian always was supposed to be Thesius (or at least he was supposed to end up using the moniker, "Thesius" in the 2070s)? Besides that, I totally agree that this season really went into left field. Like, 1). this season, focused way too much on the guy from the future and felt that it became all about him (and was it revealed that he was the one shot the other Kiera?) and 2). this season also focused too much, IMHO, on the Freelancers (which, IMHO, were always something that felt shoehorned into the whole storyline but I still feel that the Freelancers could still be good for the story, but, IMHO, it needs work). 

That being said, I did like the episode with the Gleaners. It was fun to just have a whole episode that took place in the future and to see what was going on there as opposed to getting small snippets at the start and end of each episode (and then trying out to figure why the future would be like that). 

Ack.  brain fart.  I meant Carlos seems to end up working with Julian at some point.  Fixing above.

I honestly hated that episode, to the point where I stopped watching it half way through and just looked up what happened in the rest.

I feel like they dumped the cannon of the show. The only 2 things that remain are that 1. Kellogg is always looking out for Kellogg and 2. Apparently Carlos (not Julian because Julian is Thesius :)  always ends up working somehow with Thesius.

I actually liked that aspect of the show. Each season they blow up whatever theory of time travel the show had been operating under. Starting with "Knowledgeable people can be sent into the past to put the future on a predictable course." (Kagame, early Keira). To, We are the Freelancers and time is like a resilient tree (or something). To, We are guys in power armor who have come back in time to. . . ? 

I think it's pretty ambitious on the part of the writers to keep changing the expectations of both the characters and the viewers. And for the most part, I've enjoyed their efforts.

This was a really great season finale, it drove me to watch the first episode of season four right after watching it. I don't know if I should be grateful that I'm marathoning this or be sad that I missed the original airing and all the theories that were surely involved with the show. So many posibilities were left with this episode.

It was so much fun to see Keira and the Liber8 guys joined in a fight, she looked happy being part of a team of equals again. And I loved the Batman reference, it was a call back to the first season when they did a Batman joke with Alec.

Erik Knudsen has been wonderful this season and the writers gave him such the opportunity to stretch his legs a little more this episode, I'm glad. 

Buh bye, Freelancers! I liked you for the season but I'm glad you didn't overstay your welcome.