Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

Watchmen in the Media

Another ‘Watchmen’ Season Probably Won’t Happen, Following Statements From HBO And Damon Lindelof

All of this all seems pretty cut-and-dried. There almost certainly will not be another Watchmen season. However, i’d just like to note that no one at HBO has definitively said that there will be no Adventures of Lube Man spinoff, so I will keep that hope alive.

Who is up for starting a drive for Adventures of Lube Man?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

If HBO really wants to, they could hire someone to run the show.

I would be content if they didn't have a second season.  IMO, this first season was as close to perfect in a storytelling sense as I would want from a serialized tv show.  Some shows simply do not need to continue.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I would be content if they didn't have a second season.  IMO, this first season was as close to perfect in a storytelling sense as I would want from a serialized tv show.  Some shows simply do not need to continue.

Lindelof totally thinks it was a mike drop moment after he completed the season.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

For anyone looking for more reflection on Watchmen, Black Perspectives ran a round table on it last week.  https://www.aaihs.org/tag/watchmen/  Haven't had a chance to read them yet, but their existence got me to finally watch the show, so I'm grateful that they just exist, because hot d*mn was that a *show*!

• Like 2

If HBO really wanted to print some money and continue the Watchmen franchise they could always make a multiseasonal TV series, an extremely detailed depiction of the original Watchmen comic.

21 hours ago, scrb said:

I could totally go for an anthology version of this show - although this show ended so well that if it doesn't come back, I won't be mad at all.  I feel like they told the story they wanted to tell and that's a wrap, honestly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I love how Tim Blake Nelson is 100% in character as Wade.

Tom Mison does a spot on Jeremy Irons impression

Regina King is definitely all Angela in this even as she is all Regina King.

And Agent Petey was quite funny. 

And Jean Smart has a very pretty powder room.

• Like 3

If I Wrote a Coronavirus Episode

*We hear AGENT LAURIE BLAKE’s acerbic, mellifluous VOICE OVER*

“Here’s a joke you can tell yourself while you wash your hands. Talk slow so it takes twenty seconds. ‘Knock knock.’ ‘Go the fuck away. I don’t want to get sick, you irresponsible dipshit.’” —Damon Lindelof, Watchmen