Type keyword(s) to search

Watchmen in the Media

Another ‘Watchmen’ Season Probably Won’t Happen, Following Statements From HBO And Damon Lindelof

All of this all seems pretty cut-and-dried. There almost certainly will not be another Watchmen season. However, i’d just like to note that no one at HBO has definitively said that there will be no Adventures of Lube Man spinoff, so I will keep that hope alive.

Who is up for starting a drive for Adventures of Lube Man?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I would be content if they didn't have a second season.  IMO, this first season was as close to perfect in a storytelling sense as I would want from a serialized tv show.  Some shows simply do not need to continue.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I would be content if they didn't have a second season.  IMO, this first season was as close to perfect in a storytelling sense as I would want from a serialized tv show.  Some shows simply do not need to continue.

Lindelof totally thinks it was a mike drop moment after he completed the season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, scrb said:

I could totally go for an anthology version of this show - although this show ended so well that if it doesn't come back, I won't be mad at all.  I feel like they told the story they wanted to tell and that's a wrap, honestly.

• Love 5

Emmy nominations have arrived, and the show did pretty well on that front!  Nominated for Best Limited Series, Best Writing, Best Directing (had three nominations in that category!), and some acting love in the Limited Series category for Regina King (Best Actress), Jeremy Irons (Best Actor), Jean Smart (Best Supporting Actress), and a whopping three nominations for Supporting Actor with Yahya Abudl-Mateen II, Jovan Adepo, and Louis Gossett Jr. all duking it out!

Congrats to everyone involved and I hope it does well!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

Emmy nominations have arrived, and the show did pretty well on that front!  Nominated for Best Limited Series, Best Writing, Best Directing (had three nominations in that category!), and some acting love in the Limited Series category for Regina King (Best Actress), Jeremy Irons (Best Actor), Jean Smart (Best Supporting Actress), and a whopping three nominations for Supporting Actor with Yahya Abudl-Mateen II, Jovan Adepo, and Louis Gossett Jr. all duking it out!

Congrats to everyone involved and I hope it does well!

Also here! https://www.emmys.com/shows/watchmen

• Love 3

The show has won some of the creative Emmys they were nominated for!

Outstanding Cinematography for a Limited Series or Movie
Episode: “This Extraordinary Being”
(HBO)
Gregory Middleton, ASC, CSC, director of photography

Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-fi Costumes
Episode: “It’s Summer And We’re Running Out Of Ice”
(HBO)
Sharen Davis, costume designer
Valerie Zielonka, costume supervisor

Outstanding Single-camera Picture Editing for a Limited Series or Movie
Episode: “A God Walks In To Abar”
(HBO)
Henk Van Eeghen, ACE, editor

Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Limited Series or Movie
Episode: “This Extraordinary Being”
(HBO)
Douglas Axtell, production mixer
Joe DeAngelis, re-recording mixer
Chris Carpenter, re-recording mixer

OUTSTANDING SOUND EDITING FOR A LIMITED SERIES, MOVIE OR SPECIAL
This Extraordinary Being
Brad North, Supervising Sound Editor Harry Cohen, Sound Designer
Jordan Wilby, Sound Effects Editor Tiffany S. Griffith, Dialogue Editor Antony Zeller, Foley Editor
A.J. Shapiro, Foley Editor Sally Boldt, Music Editor Zane Bruce, Foley Artist Lindsay Pepper, Foley Artist

OUTSTANDING CASTING FOR A LIMITED SERIES MOVIE OR SPECIAL
Victoria Thomas, CSA, Casting by
Meagan Lewis, CSA, Location Casting

OUTSTANDING MUSIC COMPOSITION FOR A LIMITED SERIES, MOVIE OR SPECIAL (ORIGINAL DRAMATIC SCORE)
It’s Summer And We’re Running Out Of Ice
Trent Reznor, Music by
Atticus Ross, Music by

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Regina King won for lead actress in a limited series for Watchmen tonight at the Emmy's, and Watchmen won for outstanding writing for a limited series/movie/dramatic special for 'This Extraordinary Being.' The latter award was accepted by Damon Lindelhof and Cord Jackson.

And Yahya Abdul-Mateen II won for supporting actor in a limited series!

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, saoirse said:

Regina King won for lead actress in a limited series for Watchmen tonight at the Emmy's, and Watchmen won for outstanding writing for a limited series/movie/dramatic special for 'This Extraordinary Being.' The latter award was accepted by Damon Lindelhof and Cord Jackson.

And Yahya Abdul-Mateen II won for supporting actor in a limited series!

Watchmen Just won for Outstanding Limited Series.

You know, for a miniseries that should never have been (what with it being more-or-less a sequel to one of the greatest comic stories of all time, Watchmen came through.

• Love 3

Guild of Music Supervisors awards!

Best Music Supervision – Television Drama: Liza Richardson – “Watchmen” – Season 1

Best Song Written and/or Recorded for TelevisionTitle: “The Way It Used to Be”
Songwriters: Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross
Artists: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
Program: Watchmen
Episode: #106 “This Extraordinary Being”
Music Supervisor: Liza Richardson

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Useful 2