Type keyword(s) to search

Nancy Drew Media: Mysteries Explained

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, secnarf said:

Taking a leaf from The Good Place writers' book, I see.

15 hours ago, quarks said:

"It is an episode of television which features our actors!"

9 hours ago, secnarf said:

My personal favourite is "Various events occur, in a certain specific order."

Close runner up: "Various conversations occur, between various groups of people."

I can hope that the Nancy Drew one was also intentionally cryptic, though not as amusing.

8 hours ago, quarks said:

Intentionally cryptic is a possibility, but I think that "any actual details might spoil the twist of the second-to-last episode" and "whoever wrote this hasn't seen the episode or the script, so just went with the theme of the show and a cast list" are more likely.

If they want to write episode descriptions that don't give away any details, they should take a lesson from whoever worked for The Magicians. Some of my accurate on details but vague on plot episode descriptions (keep in mind that these are official full episode descriptions):

• Kady gets a puppy; Quentin meets a snake.
  • Josh gives Margo a muffin; Julia drinks Schnapps.
  • There are some flashbacks while Alice and Quentin confront a dog.
  • Quentin and Julia play Pictionary while Margo drinks some weird milk.
  • Penny licks an egg. Alice is jealous of a flower.
  • Quentin eats a quesadilla. Kady and Zelda share a smoke.
  • Margo hits her step count.
  • Quentin yells at a plant. Margo stares at a fish.
  • Alice didn't buy enough tacos. Fen's got 3 bars.
  • Julia lends a book to some lady; Fogg finds a sock.
  • Kady punches a dude; Margo misses cocaine.
  • Todd sings a song. Margo gives a foot bath.
  • Love 3

I can't believe we are approaching the season finale so soon. This season has quite a number of great standalone episodes, my favorite being the viking idol one. But there's really no season long arc. The only one I can recall is the Alegaca, which they solved 5 episodes in. I don't consider the Everett Hudson saga to be a new arc, it's just a continuing storyline from season 1.

Curious how they will transition to season 3. Please let the Hudson thing be done, because it has been dragging on.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The CW Fall Schedule is out: unfortunately, Nancy Drew is being moved to Fridays at 9pm, behind Penn and Teller.

Fortunately, (sing it with me, everyone!) the CW doesn't care about ratings/live views, with CBS continuing to tell us that Dynasty is the CW's most profitable - not popular,  but profitable - show.  So I don't think the Friday night move is necessarily the kiss of death for the show, much though I'm blinking at the Penn & Teller combination.

I don't think that Nancy Drew is enjoying the same level of revenue from international licensing that Dynasty is (or if so, CBS isn't choosing to tell us about it), but I also think that HBO Max is in desperate need of cheap new content, so that should help keep Nancy Drew going for at least four, possibly five seasons. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Nancy Drew EPs Preview the Fallout From Those Sexy, Spooky Finale Twists: 'The Fun of Season 3 Is...'

Fun facts: The baby wraith was an actual puppet, there will be lots of "shenanigans" around Nancy living with her two dads, and Nancy vs. Temperance will be the show's "Luke Skywalker against our Darth Vader."

Nancy Drew showrunners break down the season 2 finale and tease season 3's 'sociopath' villain

"Bess is going to start a dating app excursion, or more like a series of excursions. [Laughs] But

Spoiler

she will not really find fulfillment in those, and so a new love interest will come into the picture for Bess, somebody who takes her a bit by surprise and who will be connected in the end to the larger mythology of the season but in the meantime is a really worthy foil for her."

'Nancy Drew' Bosses on the Major Finale Twist and Edgier Season 3 (Exclusive)

"One thing we really love about this twist is that it introduces a villain who is not ashamed of being a villain and who was going to be tremendously fun to watch, and love and hate at the same time because this villain is the sort of person who says the things that everybody wishes they could say and who's very open in a lot of ways about their agenda and is like, 'What did you expect? I'm the villain.'" 

• Useful 2
On 5/26/2021 at 9:31 AM, quarks said:

I also think that HBO Max is in desperate need of cheap new content, so that should help keep Nancy Drew going

I just finished a rewatch of season 1 and kind of want to start over again (this show is definitely my current tv obsession). I hope HBO is taking note. 

Sweet, the potential Tom Swift spin-off just got a series order from The CW.  Obviously Tian Richards will be back as Swift and it says that the "plan" is also to keep Levar Burton as the voice of Barclay.  But considering how much I enjoyed the backdoor pilot here (which can be rare at times), I'm looking forward to seeing how the actual series goes!

• Love 5

I also love that it WILL be for the 2021/2022 season. Obviously it'll be at least midseason, if not more for the spring/summer season, but getting it within the year is exciting.

I was super excited for this but got worried with Nancy Drew moving to Fridays that they might write off the spinoff. I'm glad that isn't the case.

• Love 2

Yes! I've had my fingers crossed. It's such a quiet show, and I'm so glad they're giving it another season. I hope they can get word about a season 5, or prepare to end at S4 on a high note.

• Love 3

Just saw this.  Hopefully they were giving enough time to give it a proper final.  Despite my issues with the latter half of season three, I'm still bummed to hear about it but I'm frankly prepared for almost all of the CW shows to end soon thanks to all of the mergers and stuff.

Hope the cast gets some other shows and offers soon after.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I haven't even started Season 2 yet, but I was hoping this show would last a bit longer.  The main cast was likeable, though this is the type of adaptation that feels like the characters only took the names from the source material, so I couldn't feel much motivation to continue after the first season.  I will eventually go back to it, though.  I hope it had a chance to have a satisfying conclusion.

Glad to see Tunji in a great Bridgerton project after he was signed to be the lead male love interest in this show and they literally put Nancy with anyone but him!  Not a large role, but he will get great exposure.   Nancy Drew is meant to be with Ned Nickerson....in any universe. 

• Useful 1

Riverdale and Nancy Drew Series Finale Dates Announced by The CW

What is Season 4 of Nancy Drew about?

Season four of Nancy Drew begins as Nancy launches a new investigation to find a group of missing bodies from Horseshoe Bay's cemetery that have been dug up and stolen-or have possibly risen. As Nancy is drawn into this ghostly case, a string of unexplained paranormal crimes leads the Drew Crew to believe that the literal sins of the town's past have returned to haunt the living. Meanwhile, Nancy struggles with yearning for Ace, the man she loves. But when a slow-burning attraction begins between Nancy and the son of Ryan Hudson's newest enemy, Nancy must decide whether this love interest is worth the ire of both her father and Ace-whose own heart may also be tempted by a new relationship. Nancy's exploits this season will bring the Drew Crew numerous standalone cases, stunning twists, humor, and unexpected romances as they are drawn into a season-long mystery unlike any they have had to solve before. When Nancy's efforts to protect her seaside hometown from the sins of its past backfire, she must do the unthinkable to save her friends from both the supernatural and earthbound threats coming for them-and it could cost her everything, and everyone, she's ever loved.

• Like 1