Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

Nancy Drew Media: Mysteries Explained

A 22 episode season isn't a good idea for a show like this. That means a LOT of filler episodes and a lot of stretching of storylines to get to 22 episodes. A mystery show like this should be condensed for a cleaner story. 16 episodes would have been just fine, but 22 episodes is going to drag. 

See what happened to Riverdale the moment they expanded to 22 episodes for season 2. The mystery portion of the show made the show drag and made the stories messy and make little sense. And I see Nancy Drew going the exact same way.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

A 22 episode season isn't a good idea for a show like this. That means a LOT of filler episodes and a lot of stretching of storylines to get to 22 episodes. A mystery show like this should be condensed for a cleaner story. 16 episodes would have been just fine, but 22 episodes is going to drag. 

See what happened to Riverdale the moment they expanded to 22 episodes for season 2. The mystery portion of the show made the show drag and made the stories messy and make little sense. And I see Nancy Drew going the exact same way.

I think the show will be better off if they do some mini mystery arcs rather than drawing out one mystery all season. Honestly, the only time I remember a season long mystery arm working was S1 of Veronica Mars.

• Like 2