Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E27: June, Chad & Pauline

• Start Topic

(edited)

50 minutes in and I was like "The title lists Chad, right? Where's Chad?" 😄

Chad always seemed a likeable, easy-going, guy and he obviously loves his family and was willing to step up and do what needed to be done so he could secure a job and provide for them. I liked seeing the update on him and it was good to see him still on track. 

When Mary revealed she was going to propose to June it was definitely a shocker. I mean they've only known eachother a few months, right? A lot of the relationship was long distance, they seemed to have only met a handful of times... like, how do you get from that to marriage? I do wish them the best of luck, though. June was nice follow up, as some of you have mentioned, it seemed real dicey for a bit because all we saw around her marriage and her move to AR was her eating a lot of junk food. So it was a pleasant surprise that she hit her goal for Dr. Now. 

Haha! Saved crazy Pauline for last. There's really nothing to say about her that hasn't been said before. She's a total nutter, I didn't like her in her original episode and I still don't like her now. The great thing is that now she's quit the program we don't have to see her anymore.... I'm still haunted by her claim that she lost weight by having a lot of sex with her ex-husband (ref https://starcasm.net/my-600-lb-life-pauline-potter-update/). Dillon exhibits the behaviour of a person who's been around an oppressive entity like Pauline for far too long. He looks so tired, beat down and trapped. Dude has gained a lot of weight himself and that haircut.... I mean did they just put a salad bowl on his head and cut the bits hanging out to save money? I remember his cousin saying that him taking care of his mother all the time has made him withdrawn and it seems to have gotten worse.... this is how serial killers are made 😄 No, I hope he gets out, finds a job and goes "Mom, I can't do this anymore, I'm out". 

Wow, so is it really the end of the season? In general, I thought it was pretty good. Started off a bit slow, but after the trainwrecks started coming out of the woodwork, it picked up and there was a nice range of fails to "being on track" to successes for the WaTN episodes. I know I said I did't want to see the Assanti brothers again, but maybe we can have a proper follow up of Justin for next season? The ones we got last year and this year weren't proper follow ups, they were just one long episode on four parts.... anyway, what did you all think of the season?

Btw, how do they film the WaTN episodes? Do they wait and come back or is there a splinter camera crew that continues to follow these participants after they're done with the main episode content? For some of these peeps, it's been four years... can you imagine having your life documented for that long? (yes I know the first season followed those people for seven years)... it's just a really long time. 

Edited by Ben.w
  • Love 8
On 7/4/2019 at 12:49 PM, DC Gal in VA said:

was wondering why did TLC decide to group June, Chad and Pauline together?

I know this is an old post but I just recently watched this episode on amazon.

I was wondering that too! I think the reason that they put them all together is because Pauline is so creepy, vile and disgusting that they needed two good people and success stories like June and Chad to balance it out!  lol

June looked so nice on her wedding day! June and Mary were great together! 

I like Chad, he seems like a good guy. His wife is a nice lady too.  She was always by his side and encouraging him not enabling him.  I’m so happy that they rode off into the sunset together on his motorcycle. 

• Love 1

I think because Chad had so little air time, that way they could give more time to Pauline, and June.      I don't know if they'll do any more filming with Chad since he had that book about his 'journey'.    I've read that the reality shows will quickly dump someone who violates their contract about disclosing information without their permission. 

Pauline is beyond horrible, but Dr. Now has a serious problem with underestimating patients' pain levels. She was one week out from skin surgery and complaining about pain. From what I have read, skin removal surgery is particularly painful and one week out from any surgery is barely any time at all to recover. Pauline did need to get off her ass and walk, but Dr. Now also needs to stop under-medicating people. I still think that his treatment of Robert contributed to the latter's death; being in pain, having a weak heart, and being suddenly taken off pain meds can absolutely cause a heart attack. It's something that well-trained pain management docs (the few that are out there, anyway) take into account when treating patients like Robert. Dr. Now is not a pain management doc and has no business handling pain meds the way he does. It's a whole specialty unto itself and requires extensive training, which he doesn't have.

I don't think June and new-Sadi are going to last. They seem codependent and moved way too fast.

Edited by Ralphster
  • Love 2