Type keyword(s) to search

NeNe Leakes: "Bloop!"

• Start Topic

Just now, qtpye said:

I just heard the news.

RIP to one of the first OGs of the Howives husband.

I feel sad for Nene and especially for his kids and grandkids. I lost my father not long ago and it’s painful. Grief is a motherfucker.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I feel sad for Nene and especially for his kids and grandkids. I lost my father not long ago and it’s painful. Grief is a motherfucker.

My condolences to you and your family. 

And my condolences to Nene and her family. Gregg was top tier of the Housewives husbands. 

• Love 11

Sounds like Greg's memorial had a large turn out, which is fitting because he was so well loved. May he rest. 

Some surprising attendees: Kenya Moore, maybe Kenya's ex Walter, Apollo and his fiancée, Phaedra, Tanya Sam.

Shocking and sad that Cynthia apparently did not attend.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Sounds like Greg's memorial had a large turn out, which is fitting because he was so well loved. May he rest. 

Some surprising attendees: Kenya Moore, maybe Kenya's ex Walter, Apollo and his fiancée, Phaedra, Tanya Sam.

Shocking and sad that Cynthia apparently did not attend.

I agree. I know Cynthia really liked Gregg (who didn’t). Maybe she was out of town? 

Nene really poisoned that well. Maybe Cynthia is honoring his life in another way.

I was surprised Kandi wasn’t there either.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I agree. I know Cynthia really liked Gregg (who didn’t). Maybe she was out of town? 

Nene really poisoned that well. Maybe Cynthia is honoring his life in another way.

I was surprised Kandi wasn’t there either.

Kandi has been touring but they did a song in Greggs honor. 

It's great to see so many former HWs put past grudges aside for a day and just honor him at the Linnethia Lounge. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

NeNe Leakes Accuses 'RHOA' Producers of Racism in Lawsuit https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/20/nene-leakes-sues-rhoa-racist-work-environment-lawsuit/

Nene's accusations haven't aged well. There's no bombshells & it's all old news. It seems obvious if she had gotten re-hired for RHoATL she would not be suing.

It is funny how Nene is now all about protecting and defending Black women  on social media when she spent years trashing demeaning and targeting Black women on the show.  Go to hell Nene!

Nene did this to herself and it has nothing to do with racism.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

NeNe Leakes Accuses 'RHOA' Producers of Racism in Lawsuit https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/20/nene-leakes-sues-rhoa-racist-work-environment-lawsuit/

Nene's accusations haven't aged well. There's no bombshells & it's all old news. It seems obvious if she had gotten re-hired for RHoATL she would not be suing.

I thought she tried suing a few years ago...or maybe it was just a threat to sue that got squashed by the Bravo machine???

I'm not a lawyer so maybe one can weigh in, but it seems like attorneys take cases they feel have legs? I mean why take on such a high-profile case only to fail?

If the suit goes forward, I'll be interested in the details. It's a fine line with Nene. She cries racism and Bravo cries bitchism. Probably both have some truth but I'd like to know what Nene has to say.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Jextella said:

I thought she tried suing a few years ago...or maybe it was just a threat to sue that got squashed by the Bravo machine???

I'm not a lawyer so maybe one can weigh in, but it seems like attorneys take cases they feel have legs? I mean why take on such a high-profile case only to fail?

If the suit goes forward, I'll be interested in the details. It's a fine line with Nene. She cries racism and Bravo cries bitchism. Probably both have some truth but I'd like to know what Nene has to say.

There are many black women on Real Housewives shows and not a single one of them is standing with Nene. 
There would be more weight if this was coming from more than one Bravolebrity.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

There are many black women on Real Housewives shows and not a single one of them is standing with Nene. 
There would be more weight if this was coming from more than one Bravolebrity.

If I recall correctly, when Nene first started crying racism, there were other black members of the Bravosphere who chimed in and agreed. If I recall correctly, I think there was one or two from Married to Medicine.  I believe this was just a few years after Nene was let go. One of her beefs was there were still many OG's standing and they were all white. Also, Nene was given fewer episodes than the white OG's.  There were other things some of the others agreed with. I think disparity in pay was one of the main issues.

Don't quote me...this is just how I remember things, and I could be off the mark.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, Joe Bacigaloop said:

It’s pretty ironic that Satan Andy and Bravo is getting sued for racism after all the work they did to shows like New York. o wonder if this suit has legs.

The suit has next to 0 legs. Nene said that Bravo fostered a hostile work envrioment....that she was also apart of. Nene wanted Kim on RHOA, she calls Kim/Andy racists when she is pissed at them but then is all hunky dory with them. She was just with Kim last year. She talks about the BLM and how they wouldnt let her film it but...that was Porshas entire storyline and on countless shows so she cant say that they didnt let her film it because she is black. She was pissed that Kandi got better treatment then her and got the BLM special. 

Now do I think that what she says is entirely wrong? no. But Nene came for Andy/Bravo shortly after her contract negotiation broke down. She had a show with E! lined up that has been axed and who produces E? NBC. Who produces Andy/Bravo? NBC. She didn't think that through.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:59 PM, Jextella said:

If I recall correctly, when Nene first started crying racism, there were other black members of the Bravosphere who chimed in and agreed. If I recall correctly, I think there was one or two from Married to Medicine.  I believe this was just a few years after Nene was let go. One of her beefs was there were still many OG's standing and they were all white. Also, Nene was given fewer episodes than the white OG's.  There were other things some of the others agreed with. I think disparity in pay was one of the main issues.

Don't quote me...this is just how I remember things, and I could be off the mark.

The only one that stood with Nene was Mariah Huq from Married to Medicine who sued Bravo for firing her and she thought that since she created the show was pretty much touchless.

Nenes whole OG thing was useless. They fired Vicki, they fired Tamra, Lu was downgraded. Nene has no qualms with Sheree being gone, with Kim being gone and being the Queen of RHOA.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

It's been a rough week for Nene. Friday, June 3, Brent had a car accident:

583559820_Screenshot_20220604-021228_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.55a9bffd1a438c5c2a1aaf97d3fc9d68.jpg

Reportedly texting & driving. I took a screenshot of a YouTube video. That's Brent's car on the left up an electricity pole. The man on the right is unrelated except that he is reporting on it.

The same evening:

854505969_Screenshot_20220604-021815_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4ae0286fa92dc1c621d613c69137e3c4.jpg

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 3

Nene is selling the Buckhead condo she bought in November 2021. A snippet of the article:

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/nene-leakes-lists-posh-atlanta-apartment-for-2-5m/amp/

Former “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes is already stepping away from her recently purchased Atlanta apartment. It’s now available for $2.5 million.

The reality TV personality purchased it for $1.85 million in November 2021. Less than a year later, it’s back on the market with a price increase.

The ritzy residence is part of the five-star Waldorf Astoria Hotel and comes with souped-up security and a four-car garage.

The gated townhouse, one of just three, is set apart from the hotel. It is accessed through a courtyard and gated entrance.

Lavish living

The four-bedroom, 4.5-bathroom villa spans 4,045 square feet and offers high ceilings, hardwood floors, and three levels of living space.

A living room with a fireplace adjoins a dining area and kitchen with high-end appliances, a breakfast room, and a door to a dining patio. The upstairs area features a second living room.

An entertaining level includes a full bar as well as an office that opens to the courtyard and gardens.

Leakes-backyard-832x468.thumb.jpg.1f1e58c87f6712add261570a991acf37.jpg

Leakes-bedroom-832x468.thumb.jpg.b2719e5b8776a28ea83a7ea6efbd9184.jpg

Leakes-closet-832x468.thumb.jpg.a5ec8aee0b3b223731cf432e54b1c2bb.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Nene posted a video confirming Brent's congestive heart failure and stroke 2 weeks ago at the age of 23. The doctor's don't know what caused it. He was tested for drugs, alcohol, & HIV infection; it was none of those things. He's recovering, but still having trouble speaking. Nene wants to sell the Linnethia Lounge, which Brent ran. She said anyone interested in purchasing it should contact her.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/10/10/rhoa-nene-leakes-son-brentt-suffers-heart-attack-stroke/

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

How horrible!  This is the 3rd stroke in a young person that I have heard of in the last 2 weeks.  I have a family member and co-worker who have had strokes, 25 and 33.  And the doctors cannot figure out why.

That's what Nene said in her video. She said the doctors even questioed a connection with Covid, but Brent was not known to have had it.

• Love 3
On 10/11/2022 at 11:09 PM, NowVoyager said:

That's what Nene said in her video. She said the doctors even questioed a connection with Covid, but Brent was not known to have had it.

Yes, it seems there is a connection with Covid most of the times. Some people have light symptoms, they think it might be a cold, and they don't take the covid test in order to find if they are positive. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Yes, it seems there is a connection with Covid most of the times. Some people have light symptoms, they think it might be a cold, and they don't take the covid test in order to find if they are positive. 

Not to mention the misinformation surrounding the vaccines that created fear that kept people from getting vaccinated..

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

Nene is back to her YouTube channel after a 2 year absence. I thought this was cute, funny & informative about using Ozempic to lose weight.

175,000 subscribers could be a nice income for her.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 5
On 10/9/2023 at 2:11 AM, NowVoyager said:

Nene is back to her YouTube channel after a 2 year absence. I thought this was cute, funny & informative about using Ozempic to lose weight.

Nene certainly has the potential to really shine on YouTube.

• Like 3
On 10/9/2023 at 2:11 AM, NowVoyager said:

Her face looks great, and youthful, and I thought her hair was shoulder length in the car (and I liked it), but I got a little disappointed when I saw how long it was when she walked outside the car....

• Like 4

Wow. Nene is keeping it really real. Still grieving Gregg and the difficulty in moving on. Having to put an Emergency Contact in the doctor's office made her break down. 

The snippet of her music at the end is really catchy. She is multi-talented.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Screenshot_20231125_212307_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.184b1a040845dea7a0f94bd2484684da.jpg

Squee! Cynthia & Nene in Dubai! Like old times.

Screenshot_20231125_212438_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2bf68dea4b202301c702123995263671.jpg

Nene refollowed Bravo on IG, and unfollowed Bethenny Frankel who leads a campaign against mainly Bravo. Is she interested in returning to RHOA?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Nene refollowed Bravo on IG, and unfollowed Bethenny Frankel who leads a campaign against mainly Bravo. Is she interested in returning to RHOA?

Also, I heard Bravo refollowed Nene.

And I heard she dropped her lawsuit against Bravo with/without prejudice--- whichever one means she can refile in the future.

Very interesting...

• Like 4