Type keyword(s) to search

NeNe Leakes: "Bloop!"

• Start Topic

Does she not know how ridiculous she looks in her blonde wigs? Or does she think that is a good look?

I don't think she looks any worse than Kim does in hers.  They are both wig challenged.  lol

She got real upset during her last WWHL visit (the one with Kim), when Kenya tweeted Andy to ask Nene when she was submitting her donation, referencing the challenge Nene made to Kenya last year about matching any donation.  Kenya made her donation; Nene still hasn't.

I'm with Nene on this one.  Kenya waited a whole year to make good on that pledge and I believe the only reason she did it now was to use it as part of her storyline to go against Nene.  Kenya didn't give from the heart, but from a place of maliciousness.  She stinks!  So Nene said she's going to take her sweet time just like Kenya did.  If Kenya can take her own sweet time to make her donation, so can Nene as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1

I don't think she looks any worse than Kim does in hers.  They are both wig challenged.  lol

I'm with Nene on this one.  Kenya waited a whole year to make good on that pledge and I believe the only reason she did it now was to use it as part of her storyline to go against Nene.  Kenya didn't give from the heart, but from a place of maliciousness.  She stinks!  So Nene said she's going to take her sweet time just like Kenya did.  If Kenya can take her own sweet time to make her donation, so can Nene as far as I'm concerned. 

Nene made the offer.  She was grandstanding, but she made the offer and its up to her to hold up her end of it. 

"“Since you felt that I behaved so badly at your charity event, I will do this for you,” Leakes said. “Let’s put our differences aside for a day of charity. You pick the charity of your choice. I will donate $20,000, and you match me.” Moore agreed to the donations, and chose the Detroit Public Schools Foundation."

Kenya played her ass perfectly, but I am disappointed in Kenya if she has not made her donation.  I don't take kindly to people playing with charity for vanity purposes then reneging.

The quote is from The Wrap.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 3

Nene has terrible taste.  When Marlo was styling her for those society parties eleventy dozen seasons ago, Nene looked good so it is possible for her to be on point.  Her team is not serving her well if they are advising her to become a commodity on the side show circuit.  I think she did a good job on HSN in the clips that we saw.  She should consider offers being a host of such shows.  I can see her doing something like Family Feud or Lets Make A Deal....if she gets more serious about her look and persona.

She is going to kick herself for not taking acting lessons.  They could really help her get more mileage out of the personality.

Anybody remember the King of Queens episode where Carrie offended one nail tech and she sent out an alert to ALL of the nail salons on Queens Boulevard to deny Carrie any service?

I'm thinking that's what's happening to Nene this season. Perhaps "The Gays" were annoyed and disgusted with her antics after the pajama party and the way she smarted off to Andy about "The Gays" having a parade that they have banded together to make her suffer. It's the only thing that explains how absolutely horrible she's been looking this season.

The wigs, the highlights with no blending, that pink dust mop on her head. All of it is dead damn wrong and clearly there is an organized campaign to make this woman look like a straight clown.. Nene is under attack and she is powerless to stop the shit.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 4

Anybody remember the King of Queens episode where Carrie offended one nail tech and she sent out an alert to ALL of the nail salons on Queens Boulevard to deny Carrie any service?

I'm thinking that's what's happening to Nene this season. Perhaps "The Gays" were annoyed and disgusted with her antics after the pajama party and the way she started off to Andy about "The Gays" having a parade that they have banded together to make her suffer. It's the only thing that explains how absolutely horrible she's been looking this season.

The wigs, the highlights with no blending, that pink dust mop on her head. All of it is dead damn wrong and clearly the is an organized campaign to make this woman look like a straight clown.. Nene is under attacking and she is powerless to stop the shit.

I love that episode of KoQ, especially the fax of Carrie's face coming through as she's waiting to get a manicure!

I mentioned in another thread that I feel Nene's hair and make up looks like revenge for some egregiously bad act, and perhaps her behaviour toward Brandon at the Pillow Fight is what prompted it. Either way, her hair has been an abomination and that 5 o'clock shadow makes me giggle every time I see it.

• Love 3

I agree, that goes without saying. It's not like they needed anything at all. She could have asked all of her wedding guests to submit a donation to a particular charity in their honor instead.

Detroit Public School System, anyone?

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 2

Detroit Public School System, anyone?

Her " wedding" was before the challenge so donating to Detroit schools would not have entered into her mind but another charity that she supports would have been a better choice for her guests.

• Love 1

The wigs, the highlights with no blending, that pink dust mop on her head. All of it is dead damn wrong and clearly the is an organized campaign to make this woman look like a straight clown.. Nene is under attacking and she is powerless to stop the shit.

Editing too.  It started last season.  The editors are showing an obnoxious, arrogant Nene that we really have not seen before.  Her parading around the room during the pajama party, the gay comments, her behavior at Kenya's event and then at Cynthia's event...Bravo has hours and hours and hours of footage they can select from and they can cut and paste to make anyone look good or bad.

If Nene is that arrogant and obnoxious on screen, can you imagine what she must be like behind the scenes.  I'd bet she acts like the celebrity she thinks she is. And I bet more than one editor/stylist/cameraman has had their fill of her.

• Love 4

Didn't Nene host and raise money for an Atlanta charity event for women of domestic violence way back in season 2 or 3 where men and women raced in high heels? Not sure if she's still involved or regularly donates to them anymore. I can't even remember what her charity of choice was when she was on CA -- did she even win a challenge when she was project manager?...that is before she quit and took her ball and went home bc she couldn't go head to head with Star Jones.

• Love 1

Didn't Nene host and raise money for an Atlanta charity event for women of domestic violence way back in season 2 or 3 where men and women raced in high heels? Not sure if she's still involved or regularly donates to them anymore. I can't even remember what her charity of choice was when she was on CA -- did she even win a challenge when she was project manager?...that is before she quit and took her ball and went home bc she couldn't go head to head with Star Jones.

Heel the Soul. I can't find anything about Nene's affiliation with it except for when it was featured on the show.

Heel the Soul. I can't find anything about Nene's affiliation with it except for when it was featured on the show.

Thank you for coming up with the name of the charity. If I'm remembering the episode correctly, Nene was a product of DV -- possibly by her eldest son's biological father? I remember during her speech she mentioned it and seemed to get a bit emotional. I would be surprised if she was no longer actively involved in supporting it, unless she's being quiet or anonymous in her support which doesn't really fit with Nene's way of doing anything.

What I remember from TWoP, the charity was in her name. In other words....there was no charity. Someone dug up the info on the office address and it was a closed up strip mall store or something. I wish I could remember all the details, but the money went straight into her pocket from what I can recall.

What people on these shows forget is how easy it is to Google for information. Kim of Queens, for instance. The show was abruptly cancelled when word got out that there is no Pageant Place. She's never coached a single girl. And the Miss Georgia pageant has nothing to do with her, calling her one of the worst representatives they ever had. Also, one of the moms was talking about how abusive she could be. And how all the girls on the show that she claims to be transforming into a swan are all pageant pros who've been competing for years.

Sorry to get OT for a minute, but just wanted to explain how easy it is to find out if someone is being honest or not when it comes to organizations, money, etc.

• Love 2

I've always thought that Nene was a hosebeast; it's just nice to watch the Bravo edit monkeys turning their dubious talents on her lately. 

She thought she was Andy's pet, but is too stupid to see that he likes to collect grotesques.

• Love 4

Nene doesn't have a good track record when it comes to charities. She failed to win any money for her selected charity, "My Sister's House" when she quit Celebrity Apprentice. And now the Detroit Public Schools thing is dragging out longer than it should have.

• Love 2

Nene doesn't have a good track record when it comes to charities.

Except for her own personal "charity".  She had no problem hustling Loubies and trinkets from the sleazy "business partner" and Hermes wedding gifts for her RE-marriage.

• Love 3

What I remember from TWoP, the charity was in her name. In other words....there was no charity. Someone dug up the info on the office address and it was a closed up strip mall store or something. I wish I could remember all the details, but the money went straight into her pocket from what I can recall.

I don't see how this could be true and none of the contributors have turned her in for fraud.  Also, it was on a televised show so how did it get past the IRS and other governing authorities that have to do with charities?  If it was a fake charity, how come Bravo chose to air it with the slight chance that their employee could be arrested for sponsoring a fake charity?  This makes me think that the charity was legit.  People don't just contribute to a charity that they find out is fake and not take action against the organizer.  That's just my opinion.

Ugh, this is just disgusting if true. I shouldn't be surprised bc Nene wouldn't be the first HW, and certainly not the last, to be shady in financial dealings, but to pocket some or all of the charitable giving is beyond the pale. If memory serves me, I believe this occurred at the same time Nene moved to her new home which she claimed they purchased, but turns out it was a rental and it was revealed she and Gregg were in financial staits -- though I don't remember the particulars. Maybe this is what led to her be dishonorable to the charity she created.

• Love 1

That was what got Kim of Queens in trouble, never having a registered business that she was portraying on TV as a real entity. USA went along with it at the time, thinking no one would ever be the wiser. But as soon as it looked like they might be in legal trouble, they cut ties. In fact, I was told by someone with the show that Lifetime was originally interested in her show. Maybe they will give NeNe her own show there, too.

Msblossom, I can't remember the details, but Gregg and NeNe were evicted from that house, I think. I know there was one rental where they failed to pay their bills and were asked to leave. This was when Gregg went on the radio and dropped all the bombs about NeNe just being in their marriage for the money.

I still shake my head at them getting married again, with all the fanfare, after that.

• Love 1

Msblossom, I can't remember the details, but Gregg and NeNe were evicted from that house, I think. I know there was one rental where they failed to pay their bills and were asked to leave. This was when Gregg went on the radio and dropped all the bombs about NeNe just being in their marriage for the money.

You're right, Cooksdelight, all that rings a bell now. That's when Gregg was doing business with and asking for loans from Dwight.

I guess that's why Nene is always bloviating about how rich she is now -- she's trying too hard to erase the stigma of fronting a lifestyle she didn't have and not being the Joneses, but instead was just broke and evicted.

• Love 5

I thought it was the Twisted Hearts charity that was a fraud. I think that was the one Nene was closely tied to that was shut down by the Georgia AG's office.

I had to look that one up because all of these "charities" are starting to run together.

http://tamaratattles.com/2011/11/27/the-truth-about-nene-leakes-and-her-lack-of-money/

So now I can't tell if it was Twisted Hearts or My Sister's House she was playing for on Apprentice (two different sources say two different things) so maybe NeNe was just making it up as she went along? And the closer she got to the end the more worried she got that Trump would write a check to a charity that didn't exist?? She never won a penny during that show.... it really makes me wonder if she was just in it to be on TV and maybe make a little money for herself. She kept yelling about her "Trump check" to anyone who questioned whether or not she was rich.

• Love 3

I thought it was the Twisted Hearts charity that was a fraud. I think that was the one Nene was closely tied to that was shut down by the Georgia AG's office.

...Thanks for bringing this up because the charity stuff was confusing.  IIRC, this was the only charity I can remember her being associated with, whether founded or she supported.

I remember it being brought up when she was on Celebrity Apprentice, why wasn't she supporting her charity and then?, and for me at least, that's when all the news about it starting coming out.

• Love 1

So last season was the first season I've watched and I am watching season 2 on Hulu now. Nene has been the same attention seeking, jealous, shit stirrer in season 2 as she was in season 6. How did she get so popular? I don't get it. She's not "keeping it real" but deliberately provokes people who either disagree with her or who she feels is "beneath" her (or really, in the case of Kandi, I think Nene was threatened by Kandi's celebrity and success, fearing she would steal the spot light and that's why Nene starts talking about how hood rat Kandi is from the beginning despite even Kandi saying (and I agree) that Nene is the one pointing her finger everywhere

• Love 4

I forgot all about how Nene came for Kandi almost immediately. Have the two of them ever had any scenes together with just them in any of the seasons? Any girlfriend lunches or visits to each other's houses?

They had a scene in Anguilla where Nene came to Kandi & Todd's hotel room to talk and make peace. 

Other than that I can't think of any times when it's been just them. 

• Love 1

I was in NY this week and saw the Cinderella theater where Nene is appearing

cause the tour bus picked us up at that corner.  Nene's name is on the marquee.  I found it funny that the tour guide used that theater of an example that it is NOT a true Broadway show.  While the theater is on Broadway STREET, the theaters in that area are considered off-Broadway because they max out at 500 seats.  True Broadway shows are in theaters with more than 500 seats.  I can't be certain but I believe Nene likes to say she's in a Broadway show.....stretching the truth is sooooo unlike her!

• Love 1

I, for one, cannot begrudge Nene's accomplishments. For someone very new to the entertainment industry, she has done quite a lot and far more than any other reality star. No, she wasn't in a major Broadway show but she was darn close. No, het Vagas stint wasn't packed but she was there and a headliner. In a matter on three years this stripper had been on two major network shows, two major network competitions, on Broadway and Vegas and is a nationwide household name. All you have to say is "Nene" and they know exactly who you're talkin about.

Love her or hate her, she has accomplished a lot since she was an abused poor stripper. Hence why she brags about it. She has finally realized a dream most in her former position will never see. Most of the others had breakes she never had. The others had beauty, talent, a fairly good life, a loving family; none if which she had. She had to work extra hard and be tough to get anywhere near what the other Hwives took for granted.

Yes, she may have been jealous but she is not sitting around seething and eternally angry, she is working to get there herself.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 1

If she would only learn to be humble about her success, I could be happy for her. When people brag, yell "I'm rich, bitch!" and things like that, I don't think too highly of them. And all the "charities" in her name also taint her success. One day, something may happen to make her realize she needs to dial the bragging back a notch and she may actually be someone that young women aspire to be like. The teenagers I know make fun of her, call her a clown.

Having seen her up close and personal on a Delta flight, I can honestly say she's not someone I would want to pal around with. She talked down to everyone she came in contact with. Not my cup of tea.

• Love 3

That is because she is the "nouveau rich". Basically not used to being rich and getting there so fast. She is acting exactly like someone who was very poor who suddenly comes into money. It will take a while but she will eventually tone it down.

• Love 1

That is because she is the "nouveau rich". Basically not used to being rich and getting there so fast. She is acting exactly like someone who was very poor who suddenly comes into money. It will take a while but she will eventually tone it down.

I went through a phase of that and have been really embarrassed thinking back to it. I wonder if NeNe ever will. I hope so.

• Love 1

She has no clue, no class, no manners so I don't see toning it down ever happening.  I do see her as angry stemming from her lack of upbringing and education. I also see her mental capacity as severely stunted. She acts like a child.  A child buys candy, Nene's candy is silly handbags and shoes.  She doesn't own a home in which to store all these material things.

She has zero insight for her future, going from one Z list gig to another until people are done making a fool out of her.  The one decent paying gig which is Housewives, she threatens to quit or refuse to film. Nobody likes her, except Porscha who lacks a brain because it got run over by the Underground Railroad.

She obviously doesnt listen to  sound advice, like buy yourself a modest home because soon you will be lucky to be selling cosmetics in a semi-decent dept. store. Except, she does have a criminal record, so a real job might be hard to come by.

• Love 4

Someone should remind NeNe that Kandi paid cash for her house she lives in now. She owns it. NeNe is tossing money up the chimney by renting that huge home in Duluth. It's just her, Greg and their teenage son. They don't need a house that large. She should buy a nice-sized house, invest money in something that will earn more, and stop with the posturing. I really fear we're going to see her on the cover of the National Enquirer one day, begging for any small job someone will toss her way because she's broke.

• Love 2

Someone should remind NeNe that Kandi paid cash for her house she lives in now. She owns it. NeNe is tossing money up the chimney by renting that huge home in Duluth. It's just her, Greg and their teenage son. They don't need a house that large. She should buy a nice-sized house, invest money in something that will earn more, and stop with the posturing. I really fear we're going to see her on the cover of the National Enquirer one day, begging for any small job someone will toss her way because she's broke.

I do too.  Not many of us get an opportunity to earn so much money at once and its a shame that no one knows what to do with it when it happens to them.  I hope she has a good financial planner.  She annoys me, but I don't wish ill of her and her family.

I watched the first episode from Season 1 today and Nene was very pretty.  I wonder why she decided to start wearing those caftan-like blouses and blond wigs.

• Love 1

I was in NY this week and saw the Cinderella theater where Nene is appearing

cause the tour bus picked us up at that corner. Nene's name is on the marquee. I found it funny that the tour guide used that theater of an example that it is NOT a true Broadway show. While the theater is on Broadway STREET, the theaters in that area are considered off-Broadway because they max out at 500 seats. True Broadway shows are in theaters with more than 500 seats. I can't be certain but I believe Nene likes to say she's in a Broadway show.....stretching the truth is sooooo unlike her!

That's because most people don't know the difference. Look at the media coverage for Cinderella. How many outlets called it off-Broadway? I'd give her a pass on this one.

The Broadway Theatre (the name just complicates things!) is where Cinderella's been playing, and it has a seating capacity of more than 1,700.  So regardless of what a poser NeNe is much of the time, I think she's correct in saying she's appearing in a Broadway show, not off-Broadway.

This production of Cinderella is a "Broadway" show. It was nominated for several Tony Awards. The Broadway Theatre is considered Broadway. Miss Saigon, Shrek, The Color Purple, Sister Act all played there and were eligible for Tony Awards.

Now if she were playing a theater on Broadway and W 90th St and calling it Broadway, I'd give the side eye, but Nene is definitely in a Broadway show - about as Broadway as you can get.

But we've still got plenty to clown on her about! What's up with that pink wig? I thought it may have been some kind of trendy hat at first, but that's really a wig? Did she not look in the mirror that day?

Edited by Tararayne
  • Love 2

I saw NeNe in one of her new gig spots on E! this week. It was post Golden Globes so she was supposed to have a brief review of the Globes' fashions - best and worst. She was on a 2 person panel with a British stylist (did not catch her name) and Guiliana Rancic hosted. No it wasn't the Fashion Police show, it was just a 5 min segment on the daily E! entertainment review show.

First let me talk about NeNe's appearance/look/outfit, etc. From the neck down her outfit was lovely. Honestly. She was wearing a long sleeved black lace top (tasteful) with a full pink printed taffeta skirt and black patent leather high heels. It was a different look for her and very feminine and pretty.

Now from the neck up: OY VEH ! She had on yet another blonde wig cut to the chin, with short curls. Plus her MAKEUP WAS FRIGHTENING. White lipstick against her skin and the bright yellow wig. Just friggin awful.She looked like a clown.

Now, most importantly, what came out of her mouth or what didn't. She had ZERO, and I mean, ZERO, to contribute. As Guiliana R introduced a photo of each celeb, good or bad, all NeNe could contribute was "I liked it" ; " that's pretty"; "oh no chile", while the Brit stylist seated next to her commented so articulately like ...SHE FRIGGIN KNEW SOMETHING ABOUT FASHION !. NeNe had really nothing to say. Frankly, I think you don't have to be in fashion to say a couple of easy things about clothing. NeNe was so phoning it in.

It is clear to me that she thinks that just by showing up at these various odd gigs and sitting there and smiling gets her a paycheck.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 3

That's the same type of flippant attitude I've seen Nene have in interviews before when she's asked about her HW costars and their storylines. Sort of just giving one word answers, like she's too good to talk about it. Well bitch, RHOA is the reason you're being interviewed in the first place, so get into it.

I tend to think bigger women look better with a more voluminous hairstyle. I wonder why Nene always goes with short and flat. That pink wig is still, by far, the worst hair she's ever worn.