Type keyword(s) to search

NeNe Leakes: "Bloop!"

• Start Topic

You think? She would have had a paycheck in Kandi's show. She turned down million dollar roles in movies! She's no hustler, she's no worker. She's a personality riding a shallow wave.

When she was talking to her agent my eyes were almost on constant roll.  I must have looked like a cartoon character.  She is turning down TV roles with major stars, I mean not just turning them down, not even being bothered to read a script.  I guess tiny role in a Broadway show for a month was better than working with major stars on TV pilots.  Oh man, just typing that is making my eyes twitch to roll again.

• Love 3

Since she fought for that role, I believe she will see it through and make a wonderful Wicked Stepmother.  This is the route she wanted to take so she will see it through.  She has completed all but one of the ventures she has taken.  Only Apprentice did she quit.  Everything else she saw through to the end or when she was voted off (DWTS) but she gave her all and saw it through.  Maybe she turned down the TV roles because that wasn't where she wanted to see herself.

• Love 1

I have no doubt she'll be a wonderful Wicked Stepmother. The type-casting couldn't be better. But she's got no chops and she won't do the work to get better.

She was lousy and lazy on DWTS and her attitude sucked. That's not gonna change.

• Love 5

Since she fought for that role, I believe she will see it through and make a wonderful Wicked Stepmother.  This is the route she wanted to take so she will see it through.  She has completed all but one of the ventures she has taken.  Only Apprentice did she quit.  Everything else she saw through to the end or when she was voted off (DWTS) but she gave her all and saw it through.  Maybe she turned down the TV roles because that wasn't where she wanted to see herself.

I find it hard to believe that Nene fought for a tiny role on Broadway but summarily turned down the opportunity to be on a show with Martin Lawrence and Kelsey Grammar  without even being bothered to read the script.  I might have been a little more inclined to believe if Nene had read the script and then decided it wasn't right for her, but she was saying she wouldn't even read the script, and I find that suspicious.  Refusing to read a script your agent sent you means that you wouldn't even know if the show could have been a success, if a show could have been successful it could have afforded her more opportunities and she could have gotten the role as the Wicked Stepmother without having to fight.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 6

I find it hard to believe that Nene fought for a tiny role on Broadway but summarily turned down the opportunity to be on a show with Martin Lawrence and Kelsey Grammar  without even being bothered to read the script.  I might have been a little more inclined to believe if Nene had read the script and then decided it wasn't right for her, but she was saying she wouldn't even read the script, and I find that suspicious.  Refusing to read a script your agent sent you means that you wouldn't even know if the show could have been a success, if a show could have been successful it could have afforded her more opportunities and she could have gotten the role as the Wicked Stepmother without having to fight.

Thing is she might have not been very successful at a tv comedy.  On Broadway, she can adlib which is what she does best.  A TV show is probably too scripted and structured, making it hard for her to use her brand of entertainment.  Let's say she knows her limitations and that is why she was turning down TV shows.  She is more of an improv actress.

On Broadway, she can adlib

Really? I had no idea. A friend of mine who was in a play there had a script to follow, lines to learn, blocking to know where to stand and where to move to. She was also on a TV series and said Broadway is much harder.

• Love 6

Thing is she might have not been very successful at a tv comedy. On Broadway, she can adlib which is what she does best. A TV show is probably too scripted and structured, making it hard for her to use her brand of entertainment. Let's say she knows her limitations and that is why she was turning down TV shows. She is more of an improv actress.

She's not an actress at all! And she could hardly deliver on her sitcom where she had the benefit of extra takes and editing. Broadway is a grind and she had better not stray from the script, or she'll be out.

But it's all moot; she won't open.

• Love 3

Thing is she might have not been very successful at a tv comedy.  On Broadway, she can adlib which is what she does best.  A TV show is probably too scripted and structured, making it hard for her to use her brand of entertainment.  Let's say she knows her limitations and that is why she was turning down TV shows.  She is more of an improv actress.

Thats strange, she was on one TV show and then signed to be on another.  If she knew her limitations, I would have thought she would have stopped at Glee, but she signed onto The New Normal.  She certainly seemed to think that TV comedies were "her brand of entertainment" at the time.  And why even go through the exercise of having her agent send her scripts if she didn't want to be in a TV show at all.  Does she enjoy wasting stamps, or his time?  

Really? I had no idea. A friend of mine who was in a play there had a script to follow, lines to learn, blocking to know where to stand and where to move to. She was also on a TV series and said Broadway is much harder.

I sure hope someone has told the rest of the cast that Nene plans to adlib because of her super strong improv skills.  Although, I don't see how she could do a lot of adlibbing since other actors would depend on her line delivery to know when they could begin their lines,  I mean if she is relying on her improv skills she may not even know when she is supposed to deliver a line because the wicked stepmother should be in scenes that involve at least three other characters. 

• Love 6

You think? She would have had a paycheck in Kandi's show. She turned down million dollar roles in movies! She's no hustler, she's no worker. She's a personality riding a shallow wave.

Thank you. I am genuinely perplexed when I see people talking about Nene's "hustle". Nene is lazy. She claims she wants to be an actress, but she is too lazy to take acting lessons or read scripts. She just wants everything handed to her, and so far, it has been. I laughed every time Nene went on about "I love to work". No, she could care less about the craft of acting. She just enjoys the attention, the hair and makeup, her name on her trailer, etc. Nene is a HORRID actress. She can't even naturally play a character that is close to her personality. Her appeal begins and ends with her reality TV persona, which I admit, can be humorous at times. I just recently re-watched her smack down of Star Jones on The Apprentice, and that shit cracks me up. "Now where's Barbara Walters?"

The Broadway show and the Vegas show were pure stunt casting. Her name was used to sell tickets while other performers with years and years of training and experience did the heavy lifting. The same with her HSN line. Designers did the real work. The extent of her "designing" was telling them what she liked.

I would say she's been very, very lucky. I can't knock her for striking while the iron is hot, but I can't co-sign that she has "hustle" or has a strong work ethic. "Work" for her is being carried in a limousine to do interviews, say a few lines in shows, getting her hair and makeup done, getting her ass kissed, etc. Thats not my idea of "work". If you had told me she took regular acting classes, took small parts in theater shows (not Broadway stunt casting), went regularly to see plays, took vocal/speech lessons, then I might believe she was "working" on her acting. If you told me she was taking designing courses, learning about textiles, then I might believe she was "working" on her designing. Again, I'm not knocking her for putting her name on a clothing line that other people design, it's common in celebrity apparel, but that's not "work". Now Bethenny? That is someone who I believed was "working" and had real hustle for her brand. She was also trained and educated in her field.

Nene is a lazy, entitled, hateful woman who is simply cashing in on her 15 minutes. It won't last forever.

• Love 18

I just rewatched the Season 4 reunion and I chuckled when Kim said Kandi's the richest...Nene goes..."How do we know that?" and gets agitated.  

This is where my dislike of  and frustration of Nene stems from...She's not happy, when is she really, but she's not "happy" unless she perceives herself as the top earner/cast member and lords her opportunities over the others. 

• Love 6

Nene was on GMA just now, and all I could think of is the old country song "Oh Lord, It's Hard To Be Humble"

Her clothing line is now on HSN. No mention of Sears or KMart, since I know those stores are in trouble and have been shutting door all across the country. Which is sad, because I grew up with both stores as where we'd go to get our school clothes.

Nene was on GMA just now, and all I could think of is the old country song "Oh Lord, It's Hard To Be Humble"

Her clothing line is now on HSN. No mention of Sears or KMart, since I know those stores are in trouble and have been shutting door all across the country. Which is sad, because I grew up with both stores as where we'd go to get our school clothes.

Target, Walmart, and Home Depot have been stepping all over their business.  I had no idea how Sears was going to survive.  Its just right there in that sweet spot that would be pushed out by Target and WalMart.  It doesn't have the cache to become even a mid-level mall retailer, like Macy's, and certainly not enough to become a Nordstrom, people can get the same quality of clothing at Target, the same appliance and they can buy groceries there too.  It's hard to imagine Sears being able to compete.  I know they were trying to figure out something with the Kardashian line, but the entire thing looked a mess when I wandered into a sears for something I was desperate to find.

Nene said something very telling this morning in her interview, when asked what she thinks of new housewives when they come on the show..."They try too hard to get camera time, I just don't like that" (paraphrasing). She said that in the beginning it was just her and Kim and they were being themselves, but newcomers always try too hard to be on all the time. Honey, that's what they're paid to do! She also likes to remind everyone she's the only original housewife left. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing on one's resume 7 seasons later.

• Love 2

Nene said something very telling this morning in her interview, when asked what she thinks of new housewives when they come on the show..."They try too hard to get camera time, I just don't like that" (paraphrasing). She said that in the beginning it was just her and Kim and they were being themselves, but newcomers always try too hard to be on all the time. Honey, that's what they're paid to do! She also likes to remind everyone she's the only original housewife left. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing on one's resume 7 seasons later.

Ha ha, this confirms to me that the way Nene behaves is truly who she is.  She has never really tried at anything in life, she is who she is, and its been awful enough to get her camera time on a reality show.  So all this nonsense she engages in, all that mean girl stuff, all that horrible stuff she does to others, that crazy shit she was doing at pillow talk, thats who she is, because implied in her statement is that she isn't trying to get camera time, which means this is just who she is.

I think, for all her shit talking about what a big star she is Nene is petrified that she will be booted from the show.  She knows that without RHOA she really doesn't matter, and I think thats why she is upset that everyone else is out to "out-drama" her.  

After 7 seasons, she should have been able to parlay her popularity into some sort of long term spinoff.  I mean Kim seems lazy, and even she got a spinoff that seems to be working for her and her particular brand of crazy.

• Love 2

Do you people actually believe she was turning down lucrative TV offers? I think that scene with her agent was all an act. Maybe she's better actor than we think if people the trash she was talking.

I don't know why she would turn down a USA network show, especially if it had John Stamos in it, but I absolutely believe she turned down Mr. Box Office.  It's a cheapy lil tv show that comes on my CW channel on weekends.

I could definitely believe NeNe considered herself above that show.  It's very...low rent lol.

Nene needs to understand, the only reason anybody hires her for anything is because she's cheap.  Not cheap as a person but cheap because she doesn't cost as much as a trained actress.  I'm sure those Vegas people paid her less than they would have had to pay someone like say, Vanessa Williams and I'm sure Nene is getting paid less on Broadway than Sherri Shepard.  

I don't believe in humiliating people, but someone needs to say that to Nene, on camera.  She needs humility, she needs to start being grateful for what she has, because if she doesn't get some soon, no one will want to work with her, no one will hire her for anything and the only gigs she'll wind up getting are opening up supermarkets in the South.  

• Love 5

I agree with what you are saying. Yet I also think that NeNe is a different person when she is not filming for RH. I think that she has a certain persona that she brings to RH, in that she wants or needs to one up them at all times. I think she is like that also in real life so what we see on the show is real. But I also think in the real world, outside of RH cameras that NeNe IS grateful for the jobs she gets and IS pleasant to be around with her co-workers. So the smack talking in the talking heads, the diva ways on the show, are just what NeNe brings to the show. Not sure if I am getting my point across, but there is a point. She has a rivalry with the ladies on the show that I don't really think exists yet on the jobs she does off the show.

She showed her ass a fair amount on Dancing With the Stars. Didn't notice humility or gratitude when I watched.

• Love 2

In Ne Ne speak, that would be "Gregg kids"

*snort

You would think Nene would have corrected her issues with the letter s by now.  I cannot believe no one on her team has broached this subject with her.  Of course, she probably thinks she is keeping it real by omitting the letter s.

You would think Nene would have corrected her issues with the letter s by now.  I cannot believe no one on her team has broached this subject with her.  Of course, she probably thinks she is keeping it real by omitting the letter s.

I'm surprised none of her bridemaids have corrected her?

• Love 1

Ok, well I never watched her on that show.

I have question. What is the story behind NeNe and So Rude! So Nasty! ?

During the last reunion, Kenya told a story about her boyfriend first meeting Nene. The boyfriend tried to speak Nene but she didn't know what he was trying to say so she sped off in her car. She receives a call from Kenya telling her that her boyfriend never wants to meet Nene again because she was "so nasty and so rude." Once the story was over, Nene kept repeat the phrase.

Edited by Chrissytd

Cool, I love that she has made it a catch phrase. I do remember that now but I guess I forgot.  I need to get it right though, So nasty, so rude. Yes, indeed, I love that NeNe turned it around and made it ridiculous. I can't help it, I like NeNe. I will take her silly faults over Kenya's strange version of bunny boiling. NeNe does get over the top with her actions but under it all there is a sincerity to her. With Kenya, well she is just a strange person. 

A sincerity to me, means that nene is this way in real life.  I feel sorry for her that the person she presents on the show is the person she is in real life because she seems petty, small minded, overly materialistic, competitive, ignorant, unintelligent, mean spirited, full of herself and narcissistic on the show.  If thats who she also is in real life....yikes.

Yeah, she is keeping it real....real dumb. 

She is almost 50, she should have a better command of the English language.

• Love 5

The one time I was around Nene for 5 hours in a Delta flight, she was exactly what you see on TV. Entitled, bossy, ignored the flight attendants when they told her to sit down and turn off her phone in mid-flight (turbulence and no phones were allowed to be on at that time, before the new rules) and all her various hangers-on were yessing everything she said. I think there were at least four people traveling with her to carry her stuff, for a short appearance on Arsenio the next day.

• Love 2

I don't know why she would turn down a USA network show, especially if it had John Stamos in it, but I absolutely believe she turned down Mr. Box Office.  It's a cheapy lil tv show that comes on my CW channel on weekends.

Don't you mean weekends at 3 in the morning?

I think it's terrible that Nene is given opportunities like this when there are hard-working and talented actresses out there who have made sacrifices for their art. I'm a little shocked that there isn't more of a backlash and refusal to work with these reality "stars." I was very disappointed when Ryan Murphy cast Nene in two programs. She looked distraught after the news of poor Cory Monteith's death and only seemed concerned with herself. I think about an actress like Angela Bassett with her wonderful integrity and beautiful acting skills--and I am always glad to see when she gets a role--and I think she DESERVES them. I do like to think about Nene blowing up Ryan Murphy's phone for American Horror Story. He seemed to lose interest in her VERY quickly. I think Nene is as delusional as crazy-ass Sheree when she was talking about getting an Oscar. Lawd.  

• Love 3

I agree, that goes without saying. It's not like they needed anything at all. She could have asked all of her wedding guests to submit a donation to a particular charity in their honor instead.

Nene is not giving anything to charity unless its the Leakes' Foundation. 

• Love 6
Nene is not giving anything to charity unless its the Leakes' Foundation.

Ain't that the truth.  She got real upset during her last WWHL visit (the one with Kim), when Kenya tweeted Andy to ask Nene when she was submitting her donation, referencing the challenge Nene made to Kenya last year about matching any donation.  Kenya made her donation; Nene still hasn't.  Andy, being the shady queen that he is, kept asking Nene when she planned to do hers, and she got visibly upset and tried to laugh it away with some lame read on Kenya.  She continues to prove what a hypocrite she is.

• Love 4