Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: New Craig, Who Dis?

• Start Topic

Doggie Craig is so stinkin' cute! No way I see Shep keeping him though. I just don't think he has it in him to really give the care and attention that a dog needs when we've seen he's barely surviving taking care of himself.

I could be in the minority here but I don't think Craig was crazy for being annoyed with Austen BUT I do think his anger was absolutely disproportionate to the circumstances and he made himself look completely foolish. Austen usually stays out late - if he intended to not stay out late, he should have told Craig that given that he invited Craig out with a group of people where Austen was the only person Craig knew...and more importantly, don't use your ex-girlfriend as a cop out. I would be annoyed too if my friend was bouncing early, leaving me with strangers and then saying 'yeah, my ex told me to be home by 11'. Austen should have simply owned his decision to leave early. But also, if Naiomi is telling the truth about Craig calling her a fucking c*** for any reason, but especially stupid shit like not wanting to go out....that's really fucked up.

I loved those earrings that Chelsea got Cam.

Was that strange man doggie Craig's nanny?

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Doggie Craig is so stinkin' cute! No way I see Shep keeping him though. I just don't think he has it in him to really give the care and attention that a dog needs when we've seen he's barely surviving taking care of himself.

I could be in the minority here but I don't think Craig was crazy for being annoyed with Austen BUT I do think his anger was absolutely disproportionate to the circumstances and he made himself look completely foolish. Austen usually stays out late - if he intended to not stay out late, he should have told Craig that given that he invited Craig out with a group of people where Austen was the only person Craig knew...and more importantly, don't use your ex-girlfriend as a cop out. I would be annoyed too if my friend was bouncing early, leaving me with strangers and then saying 'yeah, my ex told me to be home by 11'. Austen should have simply owned his decision to leave early. But also, if Naiomi is telling the truth about Craig calling her a fucking c*** for any reason, but especially stupid shit like not wanting to go out....that's really fucked up.

“That strange man” seemed to be the dog’s nanny, Shep’s butler - or both.

• Love 1
(edited)

I haven’t looked because I don’t really care but is Shep getting raked over the coals for going to a breeder and not getting a rescue? I think Patricia and Chelsea’s dogs are rescues and well Elvis is a 16 year old freeloader and Naomie does a lot of work with rescue organization and fosters dogs and cats it seems weird for a Bravo “celeb” to shop not adopt a dog.

Also, suck it Shep and Craig if I had Cam’s house, backyard, dock and boat I also wouldn’t leave.! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11

I agree with a poster that thought Naomie wasnt over Criag. Now I think it's just she really hates him and regrets the time she wasted on him. It's not heart breakouts anger that she let him fool her.

The fact he thinks he is the best thing that happened to her is so self indulgent. She is  beautiful young intelligent educated and comes from what appears a good family (not rich just hardworking and loving). She obviously wants a successful man to build with, not a man child to have to mother.

Criag is good looking to me but that is all he has going.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

I agree with a poster that thought Naomie wasnt over Criag. Now I think it's just she really hates him and regrets the time she wasted on him. It's not heart breakouts anger that she let him fool her.

The fact he thinks he is the best thing that happened to her is so self indulgent. She is  beautiful young intelligent educated and comes from what appears a good family (not rich just hardworking and loving). She obviously wants a successful man to build with, not a man child to have to mother.

Criag is good looking to me but that is all he has going.

Not a big Naomie or Metul fan, but they are likely a great match. Craig is truly delusional though. Yes, he is handsome, but he is lazy and appears to have a hair trigger temper. He was furious that the women were not buying into his fantasy that Naomie is miserable because her boyfriend is too busy working to attend every social event. After 3 years with Craig, I am pretty sure Metul's ambition is not breaking her heart.  Also, why in the hell is Craig so incensed that Austen spent time with Madison? I don't get the level of interest from either him or Shep.I certainly don't buy that it is genuine concern. 

Shep should not have a dog at all, but no surprise he would have the latest "trending" dog, and would go to a breeder. No "trashy" rescue for Shep. Of course, little Craig is adorable and I found myself hoping he gives him to Eliza, who seemed to be truly smitten with him, unlike Shep. I cannot believe how much I have come to dislike Shep.   No Patricia this episode, or Tyson, I was disappointed, but Elvis and little Craig were cute.  Kathryn, without the TRav drama, is boring, Danni is even more boring. I still like Cameron. Chelsea, meh. I will admit it, I am looking forward to Ashley's appearance. Better than watching Craig, Shep and Austen fighting like an all male version of RHOBH.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, janie2002 said:

I agree with a poster that thought Naomie wasnt over Criag. Now I think it's just she really hates him and regrets the time she wasted on him. It's not heart breakouts anger that she let him fool her

Ding Ding Ding!  Their dynamic reminds me so much of myself and my one horrible ex-BF, down to the delusional narcissistic behaviour and financially taking advantage of her and her family.  I'm more angry at myself than at him for falling for his long con.  She may have her faults but I am definitely Team Naomie.

Also, while I am over Human Craig, I am loving Puppy Craig.  He almost made up for the lack of Tyson.  (I really hope that waste-of-space Shep doesn't pull a Dorit with that poor puppy)

Chelsea is my spirit animal, digging into that cake with a spatula.  She is definitely my favorite of the group.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, chlban said:

Not a big Naomie or Metul fan, but they are likely a great match. Craig is truly delusional though. 

They do seem very happy together and make a pretty couple.  The only thing that bothered me about Metul was that his girlfriend goes through tremendous effort to try to cook a traditional Indian meal and all he could do was make jokes about it not tasting good.  If my mate went out of their way to cook for me, I'd be eating it and pretending it was fantastic.  And then I'd be doing them on the kitchen table b/c going through that effort is sexy as hell!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I think Craig has been on this show too long and still not in the right head space. I agree, I'd be "annoyed" with Austen, but I wouldn't use my friend's 35th birthday party to start yelling at him from across the room. For christ's sake, it was ONE night. These guys go out and drink EVERY night. There's no reason to turn that incident into a shitshow. Craig really has lost it. He's still hung up on Naomi, and at his age thinks that having a date for weddings and such is more a sign of a successful relationship than being able to provide for your family or take your work responsibilities seriously?

Somebody needs to pull him aside and tell him to get his act together. All these boys need to get real jobs (not just dumb "investments" or "businesses" they create to sound important but they don't actually do anything.) All the men on this show could do with a reality check. I doubt anyone outside this circle (and whatever girls he meets at bars) care about Shep's family money. And if he actually tried to get a job I think it would be good for him to be humbled that real work doesn't care who your family is.

Speaking of which, why is Shep such an asshole this season? He's done this show enough to know how the public will perceive him for calling people low-class or white trash. Maybe he just doesn't care anymore. 

• Love 3

Shep doesn’t care about the opinion of the general audience. Bravo®️ paid both him and 'Cameron the Constant Complainer’  $450,000+... therein is the caring. Both exhibit narcissistic behaviors.

• Love 6

Am I the only one that could do without the requisite visit to the gyno/fertility Dr.?  It seems like every single reality TV franchise has *someone* that makes her fertility a storyline.  

• Love 9

I've said before that this show has morphed into Vanderpump Rules Southeast.  I stand by it.

My main concern has to do with Naomi's wardrobe; must she wear destroyed distressed skinny jeans every.single.day?

Note:  I believe LC is still with Shep.  I'm basing that on this: 

19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I haven’t looked because I don’t really care but is Shep getting raked over the coals for going to a breeder and not getting a rescue? I think Patricia and Chelsea’s dogs are rescues and well Elvis is a 16 year old freeloader and Naomie does a lot of work with rescue organization and fosters dogs and cats it seems weird for a Bravo “celeb” to shop not adopt a dog.

Also, suck it Shep and Craig if I had Cam’s house, backyard, dock and boat I also wouldn’t leave.! 

I'm just happy he didn't get a Doodle. If he went to a reputable breeder then good for him for doing a little research, but a nice farm doesn't make a good breeder so who really knows.

(edited)

I haven’t seen the episode yet. 

Shep is a subhuman piece of garbage. He really truly named his beautiful new puppy CRAIG?? (“Little Craig”, whatever) What a fucker. I used to love Shep first few seasons but he turns out to be a truly terrible person. 

I can’t stand Craig. But this is the bottom of the barrel. Who names their dog after their supposed friend?  A giant asshole. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 11
(edited)

I had loved this show so much that I had actually booked a trip to Charleston, complete with a self-guided walking tour of their homes and hangouts.  That trip had to get cancelled, and when I went to reschedule it, I was like.....naah.  I mean, I still might go to Charleston one day, but now, I just don't care as much.  
As much of a skank as Thomas and JD turned out to be, they were the epitome of what the show was all about.  What I wish is that they could find "new" Thomas and JD's, ones that don't have all the legal drama/baby mama surrounding them.  Patricia has to know people who would come on this show.

I think they were all hoping that super handsome, lawyer Craig would turn out to be that guy, but he's turned out to be a girly drama one-pillow-a-week maker, who needs an assistant just to get him out of bed before 3:00 pm.

Re:  Naomi and Metul.  I personally don't like the way he speaks to her.  We've only really seen him in 2 scenes:  the workout and her cooking, and in both instances, he talked down to her, or "negged" her, as was mentioned above.  However, she's obviously smitten, and loves his work ethic, and doesn't mind that he needs to be on call, rather than attend "a million weddings", with drunk-ass Craig and Shep and Austen.  She'd rather enjoy her girl time with Cameron, who is in a similar situation, and go home to a guy who is working towards a future.  I give Metul respect for his work ethic, and I give her respect for her respect for him. And, I agree with her on not wanting to disrespect Metul by going on a trip with her ex-boyfriend.  

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 5
On 7/3/2019 at 10:09 PM, Vandy10 said:

I’m probably overthinking this, but in the preview for next week, a certain person is reintroduced with a shot of her walking in tall, black boots. I hope that is (not?) an explicit connection to the boots Cameron spotted on Shep’s floor this episode. 

OMG     I hope you are overthinking it.   Although Shep getting   any action would tell me that you know who is desperate to be on TV

• Love 1
On 7/4/2019 at 1:22 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Isn’t it funny how Shep was just a fun, sweetly goofy good-time guy in the first two seasons, and then he gradually devolved into...THIS?!

Whoever mentioned a few posts above that this show has done him no favors is absolutely correct. If anything, I think all the extra money/exposure/opportunities being a Bravolebrity has afforded him has gone straight to his head, and his former slight sense of entitlement has gotten even worse with age. He’s lost his innocent simple Southern boy shtick and become this embittered, entitled snot just skating by on his former pickup lines and status. 

It’s also been an open secret in certain circles that he pretty much sleeps with any women he chooses now(aka sext’s cross-country trolling for random pussy). So the motivation for him to settle down is a big joke.

Not only is he turning into T-Rav 2.0, but he’s also turning into another Whitney, only without the style or class. He used to make fun of Whitney’s snooty, pretentious nature and now he’s knowingly feeding into it. Very disappointing to watch, and seeing Craig and Austen circling their own drains of loserdom is equally depressing to witness. At least Thomas and even JD had actual careers going on.

Am I the only one who see's that Shep has a "tic".....anytime I see him on TV, be it the show, at a party if he is sitting,  or with Andy Cohen, he is always taping his foot (leg), like he cannot sit still.

Drives me nuts.  This is a boy/man with some serious issues of some sort.  Very sad.  He had such potential   

• Love 6
On 7/4/2019 at 1:45 PM, sasha206 said:

He seemed like Cameron with Palmer -- like he was holding an alien.  Meanwhile, Cameron seemed to have more genuine affection for the puppy than her daughter.

Chelsea...I love her.  I think she's beautiful, funny, genuinely cool.  But it looks like she's spending too much time in the sun; her skin is looking leathery.

Kathryn has never looked more horrible with the bad roots.  Being with Thomas sure is hard on a woman I guess.  As were the drugs she was likely on.

Earlier this season, I mentioned thinking that Naomi isn't over Craig.  Boy was I wrong about that.  She's done. He isn't.  Naomi seems happy, mature, humble.  I didn't like her at all before.  Maybe being with Craig is hard on a woman.  

Meanwhile, I never thought I'd say this, but I am looking forward to Ashley's return.

If you strike out the last sentence, I will agree with everything you wrote!

(edited)

“SASHA206”,

Take out the 2nd line-break, the aura of liking Naomi within the 4th line-break, the 5th line-break and I will agree with you. Ha!

Wonderful comments, “SASHA206”.

Edited by BookElitist
No comment
(edited)
4 minutes ago, chlban said:

My company closed June 3rd, leaving me unemployed at 64, after working full time since I was 20. The first week, I filed for Unemployment and started on all those projects you never quite get to. I had lunch with a couple of old co-worker/friends. Then realized how depressed I actually was. There is a wonderful no kill animal shelter near my home, where the animals are wonderfully cared for. In addition to scooping litter boxes, laundry and dishwashing, volunteers spend time with the animals. I voluntered and have been going 3 x a week. I am also looking for a job. At 64 job hunting is beyond depressing, age discrimination is strong. But, when I am at the shelter, petting a confused cat who's owner returned them after 9 years, or walking an excited dog, or even folding laundry for them, I just feel better. With some exceptions, these people are aimless. Craig doesn't have a job, he doesn't have a goal, of course he is depressed. None of them volunteer for anything.  Shep and Austen are just as bad. They could use their BRAVO fame to do some good. Sleeping all day, partying all night is not only not a good look, it isn't doing them any good at all. At least the women work and I find it rich that Shep called Madision white trash. I have a hell of a lot more respect for hairdressers, secretaries, janitors and waitresses than I do for the three useless boys on this show.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 2

Cameron has become a bit of snobby lady to me. Her adoration of Shep kind of makes me think she's just a social climber. She's said on seasons past that hanging out with Patricia was like her dream and means you have made it, or something. As far as I know, she's not educated, kind of dumb like Shep (who has a GRE vocabulary, but used the term "binary" wrong which outed him, to me, a fake smart guy) and kind of desperate for attention. I'm just not a fan of her complaining all the time about how being a mom is not compatible with her control issues. Who is easier to control than a baby anyway? Don't get it.

• Love 6
(edited)

I agree that besides Shep, Cameron is showing herself to be a snob and a bit full of herself. Ok, you don’t like being a mother but for the sake of women everywhere who long for a family and are unable to get pregnant, please stop bitching about it. It’s clear you spend very little quality time with your child and thank goodness you know enough not to do it again. Enjoy your job, your television career, your wonderful, understanding physician husband, your lovely mother who seems to be available to take care of your” horrid spawn” whenever you need her and spend all your time complaining about your terrible life. Boo hoo, get over yourself.

Edited by Caseysgirl
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, chlban said:

My company closed June 3rd, leaving me unemployed at 64, after working full time since I was 20. The first week, I filed for Unemployment and started on all those projects you never quite get to. I had lunch with a couple of old co-worker/friends. Then realized how depressed I actually was. There is a wonderful no kill animal shelter near my home, where the animals are wonderfully cared for. In addition to scooping litter boxes, laundry and dishwashing, volunteers spend time with the animals. I voluntered and have been going 3 x a week. I am also looking for a job. At 64 job hunting is beyond depressing, age discrimination is strong. But, when I am at the shelter, petting a confused cat who's owner returned them after 9 years, or walking an excited dog, or even folding laundry for them, I just feel better. With some exceptions, these people are aimless. Craig doesn't have a job, he doesn't have a goal, of course he is depressed. None of them volunteer for anything.  Shep and Austen are just as bad. They could use their BRAVO fame to do some good. 

That is a wonderful post, pointing out the importance of helping others, animal or human.  I am sorry about your job, of course, as we all tend to indentify with our work, but you have made the best of a difficult situation and that is how the karma comes back to you.  I would like to see those lazy people on this show, who do nothing but waste time and drink (that we see anyway) read this and get a clue!!!!  They could have a lot to contribute to those less fortunate.  Good luck in your search and keep the rescue work after you find something.  It is vital

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

That’s so true, @chlban; working regularly at some sort of job is better for some people—a lot of us simply *need* that daily structure and routine or we’ll flounder and get to feeling quite aimless and/or depressed.

Craig isn’t the type who seems to be able to healthily manage working at his own pace like Shep or Austen. Austen likely worked on a varied schedule and managed his own work hours back when he was still a beer rep. Shep in particular is used to a life of traveling and pursuing his hobbies like golf, surfing and partying, and he seems content doing just that in between filming/promoting this show and doing what he needs to do for his mailbox money(checking on his bars and rentals, ShepGear, etc). Craig was always seemingly a go-getter who was used to working hard until this show suddenly fell into his lap and introduced him to the 24/7 partyboy lifestyle.

I do remember Craig doing some volunteer work with Habitat for Humanity and doing various charity pursuits here and there, even participating in races back when he was still with Naomi. Seems like she was the one responsible for his whole “Craig 2.0” persona—-too bad his pillow-making pursuits aren’t keeping him on his toes in the meantime.

Good luck on your job search, btw; I’ve been there myself and now how tough it is to suddenly shift gears and get back on a random job hunt. I was let go from my last gig over something completely frivolous and am still convinced that part of the reason I had a target on my back is because of my age(I’m a young 42 yet I was one of the oldest folks on their main staff, go figure). Maybe consult your local career service as well so they can help you find some leads and dust off your resume—-that helped me so much and I was back on my feet in no time thanks to them. And I’m happier and better paid than ever at my new workplace, so just remember that most doors close so even better ones can open!

I agree about one door closing  and another one opening.   Sometimes things happen for a reason and we have not clue what the reason is.    Hope this is the case for our friend on here

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Cameron has become a bit of snobby lady to me. Her adoration of Shep kind of makes me think she's just a social climber. She's said on seasons past that hanging out with Patricia was like her dream and means you have made it, or something. As far as I know, she's not educated, kind of dumb like Shep (who has a GRE vocabulary, but used the term "binary" wrong which outed him, to me, a fake smart guy) and kind of desperate for attention. I'm just not a fan of her complaining all the time about how being a mom is not compatible with her control issues. Who is easier to control than a baby anyway? Don't get it.

That last line is so funny!   Control and baby cannot be used in the same sentence basically.  If you put them in one place and they stay there, that might work.  BUT. if they want attention, you will know it.   It may just get worse for Cam and her control issue.   I feel badly for her husband as she come across as pretty indifferent to his child and his life.   This is partly because he does not want to be on the show, however, I wonder how his friends see this whole thing.  I see them staying together mostly because Cam would have a hard time being a single parent, I am quite certain.  Shame she is not more enthusiastic about motherhood, but not everyone is cut out for it. I am afraid.  She mentioned how many times she did not want a baby?   No one needs to have that responsibility if they don't want it.  I am sure she love Palmer, but not the way you would see on camera.  Sad

• Love 4
3 hours ago, oceanview said:

Shame she is not more enthusiastic about motherhood, but not everyone is cut out for it. I am afraid.  She mentioned how many times she did not want a baby?   No one needs to have that responsibility if they don't want it.  

I am almost 100% sure that Cam had a kid just to make her husband happy and to solidify her marriage. Hate to say it, but I’ve had a few friends in the past who told me for a fact that they also did NOT want a baby and/or weren’t necessarily yearning to be mothers, but they went ahead and gave their husbands a kid/s for similarly strategic reasons. 

A guy like Jason is hot property in a little Southern city like Charleston, where there are quite literally 5-10 pretty girls for every 2-3 shlubby dudes. He’s a handsome and personable young doctor from a good family and I’m sure she knew she’d landed a big fish when she met him.

Not that she’s not a hot property herself(physically/personality-wise, at least), but I’m sure she’s well aware of the fact that she was a firmly middle-classed gal with no higher education when she met him, so there was likely a bit of insecurity from her end already. And I’m sure she felt that if she didn’t go through with bringing him a child into the world that he would have a probable cause to leave her later, especially if she felt she was getting older and her looks were fading(hence her constant mentions of getting old and needing Botox...at 35!!!). I don’t doubt that a few younger local floozies likely would or have already thrown themselves at him.

I hate to be blunt and I don’t doubt that she loves Palmer, but bringing a child into the marriage was Cameron’s marital insurance policy. She definitely played her hand with that game smarter than Kathryn did, at least!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I agree that besides Shep, Cameron is showing herself to be a snob and a bit full of herself. Ok, you don’t like being a mother but for the sake of women everywhere who long for a family and are unable to get pregnant, please stop bitching about it. It’s clear you spend very little quality time with your child and thank goodness you know enough not to do it again. Enjoy your job, your television career, your wonderful, understanding physician husband, your lovely mother who seems to be available to take care of your” horrid spawn” whenever you need her and spend all your time complaining about your terrible life. Boo hoo, get over yourself.

I haven’t seen the episode yet. Did she actually use the term “horrid spawn”? If so, I wonder if she is casting herself (in her own mind) as a character from the TV series “Poldark”.  The beautiful, spoiled, wealthy girl who married Dr. Ennis. Although she clearly loved her baby she always acted facetiously as if she found the child far too tiresome and a huge drag on her time. It was a “cute” behavior between the couple. It’s not a cute look on Cameran. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, chlban said:

My company closed June 3rd, leaving me unemployed at 64, after working full time since I was 20. The first week, I filed for Unemployment and started on all those projects you never quite get to. I had lunch with a couple of old co-worker/friends. Then realized how depressed I actually was. There is a wonderful no kill animal shelter near my home, where the animals are wonderfully cared for. In addition to scooping litter boxes, laundry and dishwashing, volunteers spend time with the animals. I voluntered and have been going 3 x a week. I am also looking for a job. At 64 job hunting is beyond depressing, age discrimination is strong. But, when I am at the shelter, petting a confused cat who's owner returned them after 9 years, or walking an excited dog, or even folding laundry for them, I just feel better. With some exceptions, these people are aimless. Craig doesn't have a job, he doesn't have a goal, of course he is depressed. None of them volunteer for anything.  Shep and Austen are just as bad. They could use their BRAVO fame to do some good. 

I completely feel your pain - the same thing happened to my father at the same age back in 1988.  He was lucky enough to have a skill set that transitioned nicely to contract work, which he continued until he died ten years later.  

Sorry it has happened to you and in this economy we all need to be afraid for this happening.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

I haven’t seen the episode yet. Did she actually use the term “horrid spawn”? If so, I wonder if she is casting herself (in her own mind) as a character from the TV series “Poldark”.  The beautiful, spoiled, wealthy girl who married Dr. Ennis. Although she clearly loved her baby she always acted facetiously as if she found the child far too tiresome and a huge drag on her time. It was a “cute” behavior between the couple. It’s not a cute look on Cameran. 

Cameron has always been the most fake person on this show (probably because of her experiences on the Real World). I get it. If I was going on TV and could control my own narrative I would. It just makes for lousy TV. As much as she claims to be “one of the guys” who eats and does whatever she likes, we never see her less than immaculate in clothes and makeup, her house is always spotless (save for maybe one stray stuffed animal to show how hard her life is). But as others have pointed out, she has a ton of support from family, a loving husband who enjoys being home with their child when he’s not working, and he makes more than enough money for them to hire a nanny(s) if Cameron wants a career. I know plenty of moms who would love to go back to work, or need two incomes to support their family, but the cost of daycare cancels out what they’d make at work so they’re “stuck”. Cameron as the “every woman” is just bs. 

And now we’ve reached the stage in a reality show’s lifecycle where all the cast members know how to get storylines/airtime, so none of this is real. It’s a shame because Charleston is a fun, charming city, but now everything is just fake drama. Guess I’ll be looking for another show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I have never cared for Cameron despite the admiration expressed for her- -Frequently surprised at the numerous complimentary comments. Obvious to me, always, has been her wiley tenacious social climbing and almost surreptitious back-handing, put-downs, and 'sell down the river’ attitudes and acts. That act of hers certainly has been pure 'TV Reality’ and profitable while successfully couched otherwise.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 8:19 AM, chlban said:

Shep should not have a dog at all, but no surprise he would have the latest "trending" dog, and would go to a breeder. No "trashy" rescue for Shep. Of course, little Craig is adorable and I found myself hoping he gives him to Eliza, who seemed to be truly smitten with him, unlike Shep.

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet but Little Craig is a French Bulldog and they are VERY EXPENSIVE.  Around $2,000 for a new pup so he shelled out a lot for that little angel.  I still think Shep and Craig are trying to fill the villian role of T-Rav 2.0.  I guess it isn't panning out with Eliza and the producers are scrambling to find someone to replaced Thomas and J.D.  Those are some big shoes to fill and both Craig and Shep have already established who they are.  This changing of personalities is strange and stupid.  I guess that's why Ashley is coming back for 1 episode....

I used to LOVE Cameron but her everyday woman shtick is getting old and isn't believable.  Every time her HUGE ass house is shown it serves as a reminder that she isn't like every woman as the show would like us to believe.

Edited by Dirtybubble
Forgot something...
  • Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Those are some big shoes to fill and both Craig and Shep have already established who they are.  This changing of personalities is strange and stupid. 

But their personalities haven’t really changed . Craig was an asshole to Kathryn in the first season because she wouldn’t sleep with him, was awful to Naomie several times on camera, and flown off the handle when challenged.  Shep has always been an asshole he just used to spend more time hanging with Cameron who he doesn’t pick on like a little brother. 

As Naomie mentioned to Austen Craig was always trying to get her to go out and was mean when she wouldn’t like he was in to Austen. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/4/2019 at 12:22 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Isn’t it funny how Shep was just a fun, sweetly goofy good-time guy in the first two seasons, and then he gradually devolved into...THIS?!

Whoever mentioned a few posts above that this show has done him no favors is absolutely correct. If anything, I think all the extra money/exposure/opportunities being a Bravolebrity has afforded him has gone straight to his head, and his former slight sense of entitlement has gotten even worse with age. He’s lost his innocent simple Southern boy shtick and become this embittered, entitled snot just skating by on his former pickup lines and status. 

It’s also been an open secret in certain circles that he pretty much sleeps with any women he chooses now(aka sext’s cross-country trolling for random pussy). So the motivation for him to settle down is a big joke.

Not only is he turning into T-Rav 2.0, but he’s also turning into another Whitney, only without the style or class. He used to make fun of Whitney’s snooty, pretentious nature and now he’s knowingly feeding into it. Very disappointing to watch, and seeing Craig and Austen circling their own drains of loserdom is equally depressing to witness. At least Thomas and even JD had actual careers going on.

When the show started, it was mentioned that the boys in Charleston had major Peter Pan syndrome and it's true.  (It's also true elsewhere in the South, in my experience, not all men and not everywhere, but there's definitely a Southern guy type that these guys fit into) Shep is exactly the same as he was day 1, he's just less guarded and more drunk, and this is what happens the more you spend time around these sorts of guys.  Meet them the first time and they're great, hang out a few times, they're super charming, seem like good friends, etc.  As time goes on, though, the cracks appear and you realize they're just overgrown children with "show manners" and are basically toddlers who feel they are entitled to whatever they want whenever they want it.  This is the current stage we're in with Shep.  

Whitney, on the other hand, kind of started at that stage.  He was always pretentious and judgey, he openly looked down on people, so you never doubted that he was a snob.  He was imperious and nasty.  He vanished for a bit and is being more cautious in how he appears, so at the moment he looks better.

• Love 6

I completely forgot that I wanted to include this link in my previous post.  This is why I say Shep is who Shep always was, we've just known him long enough that the charm has worn off.  

Or maybe not. Shep continued, “I have never, ever, ever, ever gotten a gift for a wedding. What a stupid, stupid thing. I am spending literally a $1000 to come and see you — that’s enough.”
Read more at https://www.realitytea.com/2019/07/05/shep-rose-explains-why-he-didnt-get-jax-taylor-brittany-cartwright-a-wedding-gift/#uMfmErYt7Avd2euG.99

Really? With his mailbox money and his "Southern Manners, he thinks showing up at someone's wedding is enough? I know that when I got married I didn't care if people brought me a gift (seriously, I didn't), but at the same time, I wouldn't dream of going to a wedding and not giving a gift.  It's how I was raised.  And even if you don't feel like you have to get someone a gift, in what world is it tactful to be openly scornful of it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, smores said:

I completely forgot that I wanted to include this link in my previous post.  This is why I say Shep is who Shep always was, we've just known him long enough that the charm has worn off.  

Or maybe not. Shep continued, “I have never, ever, ever, ever gotten a gift for a wedding. What a stupid, stupid thing. I am spending literally a $1000 to come and see you — that’s enough.”
Read more at https://www.realitytea.com/2019/07/05/shep-rose-explains-why-he-didnt-get-jax-taylor-brittany-cartwright-a-wedding-gift/#uMfmErYt7Avd2euG.99

Really? With his mailbox money and his "Southern Manners, he thinks showing up at someone's wedding is enough? I know that when I got married I didn't care if people brought me a gift (seriously, I didn't), but at the same time, I wouldn't dream of going to a wedding and not giving a gift.  It's how I was raised.  And even if you don't feel like you have to get someone a gift, in what world is it tactful to be openly scornful of it?

And then Shep most likely goes to the open bar reception and drinks his weight in alcohol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, smores said:

Shep is exactly the same as he was day 1, he's just less guarded and more drunk,

I agree with this.  But I also think Shep maintained his likability early on in large part because of T-Rav. There were a lot of red flags in Shep's reaction to things that I handwaved into a general befuddlement on what weird power/class dynamics were going in on the cast that they didn't hold T-Rav accountable.  Now I think that Shep didn't have a problem with it, he generally shares the same character or lack there of.  

5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Those are some big shoes to fill and both Craig and Shep have already established who they are.  This changing of personalities is strange and stupid. 

I think Craig is also not really changing personalities.  Its just becoming more extreme.  

I think he was a high achiever in school but that doesn't make him confident about going out into the world / workforce (and he hates change).  So he picked law school to extend school not because he wanted to be a lawyer, but because it was his comfort zone.

Then when he was at that moment where he had to go out and earn a living or be one of those college graduates that fails to launch, he got cast on a reality TV show.

So that gave him money to front that he was moving forward in life by studying for the bar until that was no longer working.  

I tend to think Craig is harder on himself than other people are on him but is trying really hard to act like everything is great.  Hence trying so hard to make it seem like he needs a personal assistant for his pillow business.  I think he is basically a ball of stress and self loathing to begin with and its not helping that Shep is poking him every chance he gets.

So bringing it back to this episode, I think Craig is hypersensitive to the idea that he isn't making the right choices and he lashes out at anything he perceives as criticism.  

Crraig sees Austen taking Chelsea's advise to go home early to beter himself as Austen disagreeing with Craig's choices.

Craig sees Naomi wanting someone that made the life choices he didn't as an indictment of him,

If Craig were happy with where he is, he'd be more chill. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet but Little Craig is a French Bulldog and they are VERY EXPENSIVE.  Around $2,000 for a new pup so he shelled out a lot for that little angel. 

They can be up to $5000 depending on coloring and lineage etc.  I was considering buying a puppy before I was approved by a rescue to adopt my little squish, even the adoption fees were steep but I felt better about not contributing to breeders.  It's hard to know when they are good and when they aren't.  I hope Shep did some research to find a responsible breeder.  At least they had the puppies running around their house and not contained in some mill type situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think Shep buying a dog made perfect sense. Everyone seems so concerned about whether he will care for Craig the Dog properly, so what makes you think he is in the least bit capable of giving a rescue dog the nurturing it needs? He did seem to take time to research this purchase and hopefully he'll keep the dog. I'm not a pet person but did smile at Craig the Dog and Elvis hanging together.

Craig the Human is a hot fucking mess with a whole lot of anger issues. He is missing that high life with Naomie and traveling with her family, and is uber pissed that she's moved on with the opposite of him. And I hope it was all the booze he drank that made him think it was okay to say he's the better boyfriend because his unemployed ass is free to travel or attend a wedding on a whim. What the actual fuck, Craig? His parents must be so proud.

I didn't mind Methul during the cooking segment. I think he appreciated the effort but would have been able to appreciate and enjoy the food if she'd gotten a serious recipe and all of the ingredients needed.

He and Austen, who also is kind of a waste of space, really need to get it together. They do not have the money that Shep and Whitney have to sustain that lifestyle. I'm okay with Shep not working because he has invested in businesses/real estate and therefore is not solely dependent upon his mailbox money and he may ultimately get bored with his current lifestyle and when he does he'll have options.

Why can't Austen get his beer shit together? He has nothing else to do. I hope he's not blowing all of his Bravo bucks on booze. Maybe Chelsea can coach him into shape.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, politichick said:

the food if she'd gotten a serious recipe and all of the ingredients needed

She did have a serious recipe the problem was that she had a few and also some spice blend. I think she was doing what a lot of people do and look at a few different recipes and sort of get the idea of it but since she isn’t used to cooking Indian it was harder. One of the recipes she used was Made in India  a great cookbook for people just getting interested in cooking Indian food.

11 hours ago, politichick said:

Craig the Human is a hot fucking mess with a whole lot of anger issues. He is missing that high life with Naomie and traveling with her family, and is uber pissed that she's moved on with the opposite of him. And I hope it was all the booze he drank that made him think it was okay to say he's the better boyfriend because his unemployed ass is free to travel or attend a wedding on a whim. What the actual fuck, Craig? His parents must be so proud.

He does think that, though, even without the booze.  Craig is beyond delusional about his actual abilities and how he interacts with others.  He has some personality disorder that he is not treating and could benefit from quite a lot of therapy.  I'd venture to guess, though, that he'd be difficult to treat, since he's pretty manipulative and just lies and tells people what they want to hear. 

10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She did have a serious recipe the problem was that she had a few and also some spice blend. I think she was doing what a lot of people do and look at a few different recipes and sort of get the idea of it but since she isn’t used to cooking Indian it was harder. One of the recipes she used was Made in India  a great cookbook for people just getting interested in cooking Indian food.

It would have helped if she had read the recipe before starting, though.  Part of the issue was that it was supposed to sit overnight and then she also didn't have cream and subbed half and half.  Not that I haven't been in that position before, I'm totally the person who is like "Oh, it calls for thyme? Rosemary will work!"

• Love 4
On 7/3/2019 at 7:09 PM, Vandy10 said:

I’m probably overthinking this, but in the preview for next week, a certain person is reintroduced with a shot of her walking in tall, black boots. I hope that is (not?) an explicit connection to the boots Cameron spotted on Shep’s floor this episode. 

Shep will fuck anything. 

• Love 3

I did not like this episode. I haven't liked this season. I am tired of all of them.

I usually keep all of the episodes until the end of the season so I can watch a second time but this season, I've watched, I've fast forwarded, I've deleted. 

Watching Cam get drunk to forget her life was tedious and dull. Her story line this season seems to be how to get away from her daughter.  Day care for 2 year olds, grandma care, nanny, booze. Watching her this season has been an eye opener. 

I am over hearing her bitch and complain about her life. Every damn episode, another complaining scene starts by her saying she realizes how blessed she is,  then it's bitch, bitch, bitch about how motherhood has cut into her life. Count your fucking blessings and really take them to heart and quit bitching, or give the damn kid up for adoption if she's that much of an inconvenience. Good God what a broken record.

Even Katherine seems more engaged with her children and and seems to want to be around them, raise them. We have never seen that with Cameran.   

The guys are the same as they always were, just a lot older without any growth of maturity in it's many forms. What a fucking waste of genetic material.

The women have more ambition than the men but have become nagging harpies toward the man children out of frustration. If they aren't gutting them, they are making excuses for the ones they are on better terms with.

There really is no distinction between any of them either,  not the men nor the women. They are all of the same type with little variation within the sexes.

This used to be a favorite show but not any more. It's lost its charm. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, smores said:

Craig is beyond delusional about his actual abilities and how he interacts with others.  He has some personality disorder that he is not treating and could benefit from quite a lot of therapy.  I'd venture to guess, though, that he'd be difficult to treat, since he's pretty manipulative and just lies and tells people what they want to hear.

This 100%.  My ex was an habitual liar.  He would even lie when telling the truth would be the better option.  He manipulated both of his therapists so artfully it was actually quite impressive.  And yes, it was all about telling people what they want to hear.  That's how these criminals are able to bilk the elderly out of their life savings.  I hate it.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Giselle said:

Cam...count your fucking blessings and really take them to heart and quit bitching, or give the damn kid up for adoption if she's that much of an inconvenience. 

Sorry, I'm not one to usually quote a post to say how good it was, but I guess this is the exception because 1.) that post was a really good, really well-timed dressing down, and; 2) I couldn't decide to give you a heart or a laughing face, so I gave a heart, but damn if the above didn't make me lol, cause my funny bone is really dark and I enjoy off-color jokes immensely.  

(Just in case anyone thinks I'm an insentive asshole for laughing, I feel like I should add a disclaimer:  my husband was adopted, and I don't think it's a generally hilarious subject, but this strikes me as a joke at Cameran's expense, not the expense of the adoption process.  🙏).

• Love 2