Type keyword(s) to search

Welcome To The Barge! Life Away from TFGH

• Start Topic

If there is some sort of weird animosity toward either woman, I truly don't get it. KMc gave them about 30 years of work, for cripes sake. It's a bit much to expect her to keep the same job she has had since CHILDHOOD.

And It's GOOD publicity to get, having your actors succeed in outside ventures. Why be petty about it?

The show is rotten to its core at this point. I guess we shall see in a few days if the new writers have any intention of righting the ship ...

• Love 1

Does anyone have the official date when BM actually becomes Jason?  I want to mark it on my calendar as the date I get to swim back from the Barge.  (Not sure if I should've posted this question here or in the spoiler thread.)

No official date, but most of us speculate that the truth will come out on November 6th (Jake and Liz's wedding date), though IDK if he'll remember anything about his life.

• Love 1

No official date, but most of us speculate that the truth will come out on November 6th (Jake and Liz's wedding date), though IDK if he'll remember anything about his life.

Knowing this show, I think November 6th will be the start of the scenes that ultimately leads to the reveal ... at least one if not a full five episodes later. What I mean is that November 6th may have the morning of the wedding or it may even show people showing up at the church or the Haunted Star or wherever this wedding will be held. And then there'll be three more episodes of fake outs until the reveal finally occurs.

This is the show that publicized on twitter that Genie was -- OMG! -- back on a certain date and of course she didn't show up until the first last scene. And the show that spread what should have been a 5-minute conversation between Sonny and Ava over three episodes. Eighteen scenes to say "I'm gonna kill you," or as Sonny would say, "Imgnnkllu."

• Love 1

Does anyone have the official date when BM actually becomes Jason?  I want to mark it on my calendar as the date I get to swim back from the Barge.  (Not sure if I should've posted this question here or in the spoiler thread.)

Yeah, we're all guessing November sweeps. Although, now Liz is crazy eyeing like no one's ever done before and literally stood in front the mirror with veils saying "I can't believe I'm marrying Jason!" Laura walked in, she knows, which resulted in hilarity. Jake is now wanting to know who he is as well, and he and Sam are on to Nik knowing his identity. The anvils are dropping like Liz's crazy eyes. Hayden Greenlee Barnes Smythe also knows because no one fucking closes doors in PC. She overheard again. So, while Liz continues to be a douche to her, Hayden is internally like "Um I know shit." No one has bothered to look for Robin either. But they're all concerned with Patrick and Sam. So, yeah.

Thanks, everyone, for a general time frame, and the frustration with this, ugh, show.  I feel it so hard.  Lol.

I watched the past two days live. Reason being that I had kidney stones and was very heavily medicated.

This is basically what happened :

Sonny demanded Michael propose to Sabrina. So he did. Carly flipped out. Kinda like when Jason married Sam. Liz had a wedding shower in the cafeteria or break room at GH. Dr O bought her a non murderous gift. Sabrina was like blah blah can't marry Michael. Jakeson was like omg who am I? Jordan gave good Spinelli insults. Diane was like "Wtf you marrying Patrick for" to Sam. Olivia and The Julian will have joint custody of Baby Not Avery. Anna has a giant house. Alexis has a house. Um and Monica was on to actually find out Sabrina is the pregnant. And she mentioned AJ.

Oh and Zombie Kid freaked out because he um hates Halloween ? He hit Cam, but also called Jakeson his real dad. Liz had her omg crazy eyes on.

Here's a recap of Thurs/Friday:

The House of the Rising Jason- Michael, Carly, Sam take Jakeson to The Rib Shack. Bachelor party! Spinelli has a facial recognition program that loads like fucking 90s dial up. The last scene is Spin using a lot of words to tell Carly to give the computer to Sam because it is important and Ellie broke her ankle. Wormhole! The thing morphs Jake into SBu Jasus. Gasp!

Liz and Stuff- Liz gets a locket from Gram. She freaks out with Pat, who's like da fuck? Also, dresses as a cheerleader and says that Jake will adopt The Lost Boys and Zombie. Zombie issues a death curse. So um yeah.

Haunted Star- Dumb intern loads the video of Valerie and Mayo talking about Dante and Val doing The Nasty. It plays.

Carlos!- Paul tells Anna that he covered up her killing Carlos. It's a great scene. Sabrina tells Felix that Carlos may be the baby daddy.

Going into the Jasus reveal.....

I'm watching the Friday episode tonight, so here's a quick and Corinthos er dirty recap leading into it....

Carly sees the Spinelli computer program showing Jake is Jason. She immediately gets this doctor who uses MC to cheat on his wife. No, not lying. Jake is Jason. She goes to tell Jason. Kiki is drunk, crashes Not Todd's car into her, but no one knows because Morgan covers it up, not knowing she hit his mom. Carly battles a seatbelt, tree branch, and rock to tell Jason who he is.

The wedding is as crazy and weird as you'd think, and it hasn't even started yet. Jason writes a weird note about pancakes, the hospital clique dresses Liz for the big day. Corinthos inc wonders where Carly is.

Dillion admits to Val that he played footage admitting Dante and Val did the It on purpose. Lulu leaves Dante, taking 2 suitcases and Rocco. Maxie is mad at Tree for not telling he knew. Franco threatens Morgan. Sam wears a pretty blue dress to the wedding. Anna and Paul play cat and mouse. Sabrina hides that the kid could be for Carlos. Hayden and Nik are attending the wedding. Laura is not.

And we're at the big day...

I will start watching this show if one of the following happens:

1. Michael reveals that this is a long con and that he's working behind the scenes to take down Sonny. All of the BS was to make sure that he let down his guard.

2. AJ is revealed to be alive but was unable to tell Michael that he'd survived for some reason (I am NOT down with Michael deciding that his father is evil again)

3. Sonny dies and/or is sent to prison off screen (not to be a bitch about the actor, but so incredibly done with this BS)

4. Jason gets his Quartermaine memories back and actively works to take down Sonny/Carly all PC mob BS in an extreme reaction to the fact that he was a brain damaged hitman. After finishing that, he tries to figure out how to atone for his own actions while being said brain damaged hitman. (I might take just the first part because a) hard to be sure where the storyline will end and b) I think it would be amazing to watch Sonny & Carly try to deal with Jason trying to destroy them.)

Or if two of the following happen:

1. Anna gets a clue about Robin and actually saves her (at which point Robin can peacefully leave town however they can make it work), Anna then continues to be kick ass

2. There are 4 actual Quartermaine storylines happening (Michael does not, at this moment, count. Nik running ELQ also doesn't count.)

3. Jason gets his Quartermaine memories back and decides that he has to atone for all of the awful things that he did as Jason Morgan

4. Lucky returns (so long as it's a decent recast) Explain that he's been off trying to figure out the whole Jake is Jason thing to be sure Nik was telling the truth or something

5. They have an umbrella storyline that includes all of the Quartermaines working together to take down Nik.

So, yeah, I'll continue reading here and deleting the episodes from my DVR once every few months without even looking at them. 

• Love 5

Looks like my reason for being on the Barge has finally been resolved.  I didn't specify in great detail that I wanted Slizabitch to pay and pay and pay for her role in his not knowing, so I can't hold that against this horrible show at this point.  

See y'all.  It's been nice hanging out with you.  Beginning my swim back.  ;););)

• Love 1

Someone on my FB page who knows I (used to) watch GH randomly tagged me in a clip. It made me realize I haven't watched this show since since JT's last airdate. 8 months later, I'm kind of amazed how easy it was to quit the show after that. I just deleted it and stop following spoilers and news. You would think it would be harder to quit a show that's been in your life consistently for almost 20 years. I was just done.

The ironic thing is that I stuck it through some of the show's worst moments in the mid-2000s in hopes of seeing Laura Spencer and Robert Scorpio back on my screen again, one day.  And yet, Genie's back and my friend mentioned Tristan's coming back (again) too and I just don't care.  Ron Carlivati's damage had already been done. Botching a proper L&L goodbye kind of pushed me out the door. I hated Luke at the end, but L&L are soap legends and deserved a proper farewell.  Once Scrubs got their proper send-off, I didn't see much reason to hang around. The show had been stripped of every shred of realism and became a live-action cartoon in my eyes. I don't think anything would be able to bring me back. A TV show should never cause that much stress and annoyance.

Sorry for rambling, but seeing that clip was like running into an old friend who used to be so put together but whose life has now turned to total shit. Familiar faces yet completely unrecognizable as the show I once knew and loved otherwise.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 4

I saw where things were going the minute Nelle ingratiated herself with Carly and I just didn't want to be grossed out by the inevitable.  Between that and the even more reviling Franco is being paired with a single mother of three boys who would be looking at most askance at the repulsive man and I felt like I was getting doubled up on the being grossed out.  That was enough, but I would go back to watching

Spoiler

if SBu came back as the older, more mature Jason Quartermaine, the one that didn't have his head scrambled by a tree.  He wouldn't have the Q name, of course, but would he have ended up where he is or if he had gone on to chief-of-staff, with a family.  He wouldn't have looked twice at someone like Carly.  He wouldn't have needed her the way that our Jason did. 

(This post doesn't really fit in the spoiler/rumor thread since it is only my delusional wish.  I have been out here for about a year now.)

(edited)

On 7/2/2017 at 11:26 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

This barge is about to be lit af with Steve Burton returning.  

Guess I picked a good time to part way with my cable -- not that there aren't many other ways to catch up - but it appears that the regime is satisfied with highlighting Sonny and Jason (and Carly and Sam)  who are truly despicable violent felons.  How do the TPTB expect folks  - who go out and try to earn a living and/or raise a family  - relate to people whose chosen career is to prey on people who are down on their luck is beyond me.  This soap opera bears little resemblance to the soap opera called General Hospital that I started watching in the '70s.  I thought that there was a recent positive change afoot - but bringing back thug Jason just cemented their intentions.  It's especially exasperating because there are enough solid actors on the show - amongst a bloated cast - that getting rid of the Corinthos family - wouldn't give the soap much pause.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny

The trajectory of all storylines leading to the Fab Four, while not new, seems to be worse of late; add that to the current “Starr X-Ed Lovers” (RIP OLTL) treatment of Jason and Sam and we’re close to the barge. If they successfully throw Delores under the bus for her “unfair” treatment, that will probably be it. 

The recent Ava/Julian and Alexis/Valentin scenes, while not exactly full of storyline content, showcased good acting and good chemistry that are currently in short supply on the show. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

I haven't watched in a very long time, but poked my head in the episode thread and see Dante is back? When did he come back? Is he back for a while or just a few episodes? I left regular viewing around the time he left. 

Dominic returned when the show resumed filming during this pandemic. I think he's back for good. For now. At least I think so.

• Love 2

I think my longest run with the barge was the mid-2000's to about 2011. I really can't remember anything about that time period with the exception of when Belle Brady started calling herself Maxie and the time Wig on a Stick became Laura again for a few weeks and then back to Wig on a Stick. Then I took another long trip on the barge when they had Sonny kill Real  AJ off, but came back when they decided to retcon Alex Marik into an evil twin. Yes, I watched her on AMC. Do I care that they made her evil for some inexplicable reason? Nope. It's a retcon of a retcon and Finola clearly had fun with it.

WARNING: I was trying to find out why Robin Mattson wasn't chosen for the role of Heather and I was digging around on the Internet to see if I could find what she's up to now, and went to her website, and it's infested with a nasty virus that my virus protection didn't catch, and it locked up my computer and said I should call a number to get it unlocked.  Fortunately, I was just able to kill my Chrome and restarted my computer, and so far, it seems ok.

• Mind Blown 1

I started wondering, too, @RedElf. I did see one post from July where she said she was going to have knee surgery, so maybe its related to that. I didn't see anything that would indicated she'd retired from acting. (and she'll always be Heather Weber to me.)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rur said:

I started wondering, too, @RedElf. I did see one post from July where she said she was going to have knee surgery, so maybe its related to that. I didn't see anything that would indicated she'd retired from acting. (and she'll always be Heather Weber to me.)

Everything Robin Mattson is precious to me.  I loved her as Janet From Another Planet on AMC.

• Love 1

I've been skimming clips related to Lucy being shot since seeing her, Anna, Holly, and Robert on a mag in the check out line.

I get that I have no actual idea what has been happening in the last decade or so and my frame of reference is mostly rooted circa before Port Charles went off the air and anything I've seen since then didn't commit to long term memory.

But is there seriously no one who gives a crap that Lucy is shot and presumed dead other than Michael E. Knight possessed by the ghost of an old civil war era Southern general (I had to watch old AMC clips to see if I somehow missed that accent on Tad Martin).

Damn it Scott.  You, Lucy, and Dominique got me hooked me on this show.  You are an ass.  

And Felicia.  Just like old times.  I hope Lucy got over wanting to be Felicia's friend at some point considering she also seems to not care.

Are Mac and Kevin still on the show? Even with internet sleuthing I can never figure out who is recurring and who is gone.  Kills my desire to pick the show back up again  every time.  That and having drama and then failing to play out the drama in a well rounded way.

I think i'm going to presume tales of Luke's death are exaggerated and he returned the favor Lucy did for him in Puerto Rico.

On 11/1/2022 at 10:32 PM, ParadoxLost said:

Are Mac and Kevin still on the show? Even with internet sleuthing I can never figure out who is recurring and who is gone.  Kills my desire to pick the show back up again  every time.  That and having drama and then failing to play out the drama in a well rounded way.

I think i'm going to presume tales of Luke's death are exaggerated and he returned the favor Lucy did for him in Puerto Rico.

Mac and Kevin are still around. Mac is awaiting test results to see if he is the biological father of new character Cody, whose mother was apparently Dominique. Kevin is not seen often, but Ryan is also on the canvas, so Jon Lindstrom is getting regular paychecks.

I would be extremely surprised if Luke is not forever dead, because Anthony Geary has expressed zero desire to return, and that’s one role that just can’t be recast. I’m sure Lucy will resurface, though, whoever Lynn Herring finishes her vacation.

Have you heard that Holly is back? It’s just short term, though.