Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E02: Season Premiere (Part 2)

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, zorak said:

Jackson on his “agony” of choosing who to banish:  “I didn’t ask for this.”  Except he totally did.

Really, what's up with that? You practically begged for it. Jackson is a constant soundbite. If someone continues to mention that they are here to make $500K , I would want them out ASAP.

Holly continues to rise in my first impressions. I love her dressed down look and she seems very sweet and nice. Kat loves nice without the gobs of camera ready makeup ( a brief look in the bathroom).

• Love 4

Ever so glad there's literally nothing to show us from a whole flipping week in the house. That must be why they made airtime for the ridiculous, excruciatingly drawn-out, stalking squirrel nonsense. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, LakeGal said:

I think Jackson took the easy choice, He went with the 3 people running against him in the contest plus the only person that never came to talk to him.  

I tend to agree and I really dislike the guy.  If he had picked those 4 and 3 of them had not been running against him, I’d be a lot more inclined to throw out accusations against him.

• Love 10

I feel like Jackson definitely is screwing himself and painting a big target on his back, all due to his sloppiness in handling his power. He might have been able to make it through this with less of a target if he maneuvered things better. 

Kemi went down in my eyes. I was hoping she would be a smarter player but with her refusing to talk to Jackson, it makes me positive that she'll be a huge disappointment. She can't just not suck up to people in this game. It sucks, but that's what she has to do, especially since she could have went home. She didn't even try, so that really reflects poorly on her game to me.

This episode gave me a better idea of who I like. I like Nick, Bella, Tommy, Christie, Holly, and Cliff . I wish I liked Jack more but he's on my nerves more than Shouting Sam. Kathryn was kind of a non-entity besides one DR. I forgot about Analyse this episode. Everyone else is meh. 

I feel bad for David. That was a complete luck-based competition for him to go out on. There was no way he could have won based off of strategy. 

Good on Christie for becoming the first HOH. I can't wait to see how fast that alliance implodes. 

WTF is a Whacktivity Comp? It sounds so stupid.

And what's happening next Wednesday that's never happened before? Is David just gonna automatically re-enter the game?

• Love 6

Jackson chose for banishment (and I will always hear that in Leo DiCaprio's voice): the token "old" guy, the larger POC woman, and the two black HGs. Trying it keep it slim, pretty, and mostly white, eh? I'm sure, if asked, he would say that he didn't mean it like that. But still. Not the best look, Lego Head. Also I'm sad to lose my eye candy on night 2 of the premiere. 

Confirmed buyback from the first 4?

I say it every season, BB: It was really funny the first time you did that edit where someone in a comp is all, "I'm going to rock this, I just need to stay on my-" and then you cut to them falling off the thing with a wacky sound effect and then back to them in the DR, with a bummed out look to finish with "feet." However, this was the (estimated) 343468012th time you went to that well and you did it at least twice in one night. IT'S EMPTY. YOU'RE SCRAPING MUD. MOVE ON.

• Love 21
(edited)
10 hours ago, zorak said:

I tend to agree and I really dislike the guy.  If he had picked those 4 and 3 of them had not been running against him, I’d be a lot more inclined to throw out accusations against him.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. But I'm also a little drunk.

And I will not survive a summer of Sam the Excited Trucker

Edited by phlebas
typo
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
(edited)

If he had picked those 4 and 3 of them had not been running against him, I’d be a lot more inclined to throw out accusations against him.

So the fourth could have been ANYBODY .... but he picked the Kemi.  And, when they have a Six-Pack ... of course, pretty girls and boys. 

It's not that it is deliberate, it's just that you look at these pair-ups with a little more consciousness.... 

Edited by AuntieDiane6
Factual Error. Forgot David ran against him since Jackson tried to convince David he was just a ringer.
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

So the fourth could have been ANYBODY .... but he picked the black guy.  And, when they have a Six-Pack ... of course, pretty girls and boys. 

It's not that it is deliberate, it's just that you look at these pair-ups with a little more consciousness.... 

David (the black guy) was running against him for Camp Director.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

So the fourth could have been ANYBODY .... but he picked the black guy.  And, when they have a Six-Pack ... of course, pretty girls and boys. 

Well, the fourth was Kemi, who even said that she wasn't going to talk to Jackson at all. So....I'd say that it's hard to say IF he would have banished her if she had talked to him or not, but she definitely helped cause her own banishment.

Girl, you GOTTA suck up in this game. If you don't, your ass is as good as done, especially when you could have gotten eliminated easily.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, zorak said:

David (the black guy) was running against him for Camp Director.

Kemi (sp?) was the one who did not run against him for CD. I'm sure the decision to pick the black woman was very very very hard for poor squarehead to decide to banish her.

• Love 8

That was a lot of fun.(Apart from Jackson /Michie's awkward boot choices). Julie looked lovely. The camp BB house is growing on me. It's a nice change from the usual clashing primary colours motif. 

Which actress is Christie reminding me of? It's driving me crazy. But she's extremely likeable. 

I don't like David getting booted so early, although there's a ray of hope. Is he right? Has there really never been a black BB winner? 

Ovi has to be the first Bangladeshi-American I've ever seen on a reality show. I think he was smart to throw the comp,and he managed to do it  very believably. 

So far so good. Maybe no more giant squirrels though. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, zibnchy said:

Kemi (sp?) was the one who did not run against him for CD. I'm sure the decision to pick the black woman was very very very hard for poor squarehead to decide to banish her.

Jackson very well may be a racist asshole.  I watch the live feeds and if he really is racist, I’m sure his true nature will be revealed.  Was it a hard decision for him to banish Kemi?  Probably not.  But considering that according to him, she was the only one who didn’t bother to talk to him about the decision, I think she did herself no favors as @Lady Calypso already pointed out.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

I keep reading that Jackson and Jack are like Winston and Brett. I don't see it. Winston was sad, awkward, and lonely. Jackson is more like Tyler.

Yeah, not even close. Winston was a fun paranoid idiot, and Brett was hilarious.

I'm seeing none of those qualities in Jackson or Jack. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, not even close. Winston was a fun paranoid idiot, and Brett was hilarious.

I'm seeing none of those qualities in Jackson or Jack. 

Before feeds come on, Winston is one of my favorite ppl to follow on social media from BB20. His dog is adorable. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

SAM: PLEASE TAKE THE VOLUME DOWN ABOUT 7,000 NOTCHES, OR I WILL NOT SURVIVE THE SEASON.

I correctly predicted him as the DR yeller of the season. What did I win?

please say earplugs please say earplugs please say earplugs

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

... I thought I was the evil twin in this relationship. You're supposed to be the good one. 

Y'all are both here to make me lmao, and you are appreciated! 😁 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I say it every season, BB: It was really funny the first time you did that edit where someone in a comp is all, "I'm going to rock this, I just need to stay on my-" and then you cut to them falling off the thing with a wacky sound effect and then back to them in the DR, with a bummed out look to finish with "feet." However, this was the (estimated) 343468012th time you went to that well and you did it at least twice in one night. IT'S EMPTY. YOU'RE SCRAPING MUD. MOVE ON.

I mean, they even did it twice just for Jessica.  Stop.  Just stop.

I know Sam is a yeller (and for some reason any time someone mentions Sam I think of last year’s Sam, which is weird) but I seriously do not think I can listen to Tommy’s voice for 99 days.  Good god.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, IndyMischa said:

Y'all are both here to make me lmao, and you are appreciated! 😁 

*somewhere off in the distance, Elton John softly begins to play*

Caaaaaan you feeeeeel the loooooove toniiiiiight...

You know it's Elton John and not Sam, because it's *quietly* playing.

• LOL 5
(edited)

Color Wars eh?

Oh, they meant the HOH Comp...I thought they were referring to the foregone conclusion that I predicted last night that minorities and the old guy would be marked for banishment and sure enough the black people, the weight challenged hispanic woman and the old timer. So predictable. Jodi I'm sure David feels your pain.

C'mon editors? You couldn't fine one person to lament David's banishment? Didn't he make any friends at all?

Nope, not buying it...there was no way Sam ad libbed the CARRIE quip...that was scripted out for him to shout into the cameras.

Tommy and Christina may be lovely people for all I know but I need them to go home soon because their accents are the verbal equivalent of fingers dragged across a chalkboard.

I notice Nicole taking the Knight's Oath and Pledging fealty to the false king Jackson Mickie last episode didn't earn her a spot in the alliance of six. There's your reward for flipping on the Puerto Rican model.

I wish people I like such as Bella and Discount Drogo weren't allied with the Camp Director who I already don't care for.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Girl, you GOTTA suck up in this game. If you don't, your ass is as good as done, especially when you could have gotten eliminated easily.

Has she never seen how people are required to act when someone says 'Who wants to see my HoH room?!?!" That "I'm not going to be one of these people that goes to talk to people in power" approach will only get you an early interview slot with Julie.

I agree with Shouting Sam and outrageous accent Thomas being hard to handle.

• Love 3

Legohead said he was targeting Jessica, David, and cliff because they ran against him for camp director. HOWEVER, didn't they volunteer before him. Technically, he challenged them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

I know the crazy doesn't usually come out to play until the feeds are up and running, but right now everyone seems way too nice, lol.  

I should know not to get attached to anyone this early, but I really felt for David in his TH.  I hope he gets a second chance!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Blissfool said:

Legohead said he was targeting Jessica, David, and cliff because they ran against him for camp director. HOWEVER, didn't they volunteer before him. Technically, he challenged them.

I still think he was just looking for an explainable "out" for his banishment. But it could have actually been an easy way to go ahead and target people he didn't like in the house (aka RACIST!!) too. I wouldn't put that one past him either.

I also wish that David could have pulled out "don't say banishment!" in his convo about being a "pawn".

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zorak said:

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I feel like Jackson definitely is screwing himself and painting a big target on his back, all due to his sloppiness in handling his power. He might have been able to make it through this with less of a target if he maneuvered things better. 

Kemi went down in my eyes. I was hoping she would be a smarter player but with her refusing to talk to Jackson, it makes me positive that she'll be a huge disappointment. She can't just not suck up to people in this game. It sucks, but that's what she has to do, especially since she could have went home. She didn't even try, so that really reflects poorly on her game to me.

This episode gave me a better idea of who I like. I like Nick, Bella, Tommy, Christie, Holly, and Cliff . I wish I liked Jack more but he's on my nerves more than Shouting Sam. Kathryn was kind of a non-entity besides one DR. I forgot about Analyse this episode. Everyone else is meh. 

I feel bad for David. That was a complete luck-based competition for him to go out on. There was no way he could have won based off of strategy. 

Good on Christie for becoming the first HOH. I can't wait to see how fast that alliance implodes. 

WTF is a Whacktivity Comp? It sounds so stupid.

And what's happening next Wednesday that's never happened before? Is David just gonna automatically re-enter the game?

I feel awful for David too.  And I like Christie, but I feel like the Tommy-Christie connection will harm the two of them at some point.

Whackitivity Comp? First thought was some sort of Whack-A-Mole aka  The Squirrel? I hope he's not a recurring theme. They drug that out far enough already, geesh. 

And yeah! My first thought was Hah! Wouldn't it be funny if they just threw him back in and said "Too bad, so sad (while looking at Lego Head)... Meet the next Camp Director, David."

8 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Has she never seen how people are required to act when someone says 'Who wants to see my HoH room?!?!" That "I'm not going to be one of these people that goes to talk to people in power" approach will only get you an early interview slot with Julie.

I agree with Shouting Sam and outrageous accent Thomas being hard to handle.

I had my hopes for Kemi, Sam and Thomas dashed quickly in the first 2 episodes for almost the same reasons.  I don't mind Thomas' accent too much, I'm a yankee that was transplanted in the South 30 or so years ago; but he's pretty loud and over the top; so I think he'll get on everyone's nerves. (Or at least the Feedster's nerves!)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

Kemi isn’t nice. That’s all.

I was looking at all of their bios on the CBS website and one of the 3 adjectives she used to describe herself was “bitch”.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, LuvizBlind said:

Whackitivity Comp? First thought was some sort of Whack-A-Mole aka  The Squirrel? I hope he's not a recurring theme. They drug that out far enough already, geesh. 

She, actually. It's BB11 and 13's Jordan reincarnated. 

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, LuvizBlind said:

The Squirrel? I hope he's not a recurring theme. They drug that out far enough already, geesh. 

Well, not usually at this size or amount of creepiness but the squirrels theme is usually carried through in all outdoor comps so it already is a recurring theme... but yeah that took up wayy to much of tonight.

• Love 1
(edited)

David was too stoopid to survive for long.  "Oh no!  I might get put up!  I know!  I'll stick my neck out and challenge for the power!!!!"  He never did get to write that letter home from camp.

I liked the squirrel.  I'd also bet anything that it did not actually carry the two HGs it did not shroud in the kitchen.

Cliff only cemented his rotten fate in the house.  He demonstrated some real savvy in being the first to emerge from banishment.  The young bucks recognized and they do not want to deal with a dude who is like sports coaches they had.  Coaches always know more than the players, eh?

Will Jessica pay a price for her early and clean fall in the comp?  She should.  

I would not like Isabella IRL, but I love her snark in the BB house.

There was some more surprisingly clunky editing by Endemol.  The DR was similarly off.  Way too heavy-handed with obviously planted scripts.

Breaker 007.  Out.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 2
Just now, Cutty said:

They go out of their way to cast bitchy and confrontational African American women. It's really fucking repulsive.

I know. I really wonder what would happen if they cast someone like Cirie on the show. 

But maybe they cast really strong confrontational women because they don't want a Candace redux. Candace was a fairly pleasant, normal, bubbly (if slightly shallow) pageant queen type and her treatment by Aaryn and Gina Marie was horrific and she spent the entire summer alone and crying. So ... maybe they just don;t want that to repeat itself?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6