Type keyword(s) to search

The L Word: Generation Q in the Media

• Start Topic

Showtime is rebooting The L Word. Series premieres this fall.

From the Hollywood Reporter:

Arienne Mandi (Baja), Leo Sheng (Adam), Jacqueline Toboni (Easy) and Rosanny Zayas (Orange Is the New Black) will star in Showtime's The L Word revival, subtitled Generation Q. They will play the new generation of LGBTQIA characters joining original stars Jennifer Beals, Katherine Moennig and Leisha Hailey in the updated take on the groundbreaking drama from showrunner Marja-Lewis Ryan and exec producer Ilene Chaiken.

The rebooted series follows Bette Porter (Beals), Alice Pieszecki (Hailey) and Shane McCutcheon (Moennig) as their lives are intertwined new faces including Dani Nùñez (Mandi), Micah Lee (Sheng), Sarah Finley (Toboni) and Sophie Suarez (Zayas) as they experience love, heartbreak, sex, setbacks and success in L.A.

I was looking forward to this show until they announced Fortune Feimster would be “an aspiring comedian who lacks boundaries”. So her usual obnoxious, oversharing character that’s not the least bit funny? 

Otherwise the casting seemed great. 

• Love 1
On 2/4/2022 at 3:57 PM, AnimeMania said:

I’ll be tuning in again when the next season airs! Season 2 rushed through a lot of development of the relationships and I think it suffered from not having a stronger overarching main storyline (Bette’s mayoral race or the tie-in of Alice’s show) that 1) offered updated commentary/representation on race/ethnicity, gender identity and other sociopolitical topics; 2) gave the audience a strong foundation and thread between established and new main characters and; 3) allowed space to introduce characters (even as foils) that make the world these characters live in feel less insular. 

Granted, I’m sure navigating Covid was like 60% of the problem, but for me, what felt really fresh about the new show was how the way the show was photographed felt really modern and stylish and expansive (lots of wide shots esp. in office scenes with big windows or the LA skyline in the backdrop). It’ll be interesting to see if my rewatch of season two still feels so small-scale (both story-wise and visually)

‘The L Word: Generation Q’ Casts Kehlani, Margaret Cho, Joey Lauren Adams, Joanna Cassidy as Season 3 Guest Stars

‘L Word: Generation Q’ Season 3 is currently in production at Showtime and will include Margaret Cho, Joey Lauren Adams, and Joanna Cassidy. 

Margaret Cho will play herself as a guest host on the “Alice” talk show. 

Joey Lauren Adams will play Taylor, a salt-of-the-earth, self-deprecating barista with a secret passion.

Joanna Cassidy will play Patty, Tess’ mom and a former Las Vegas showgirl currently suffering from MS and dementia.

Kehlani, the singer who most recently released “Blue Water Road,” will play Ivy, a makeup artist and young parent who heads up Alice’s glam team and falls for the wrong person.