Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Household

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

So this episode was basically created so we could see a headless Lincoln statue and the Washington monument turned into a cross. Style over substance.

There were a looooooooooooot of arty shots this episode.

• Love 17

This article covers this episode and says everything I feel and have felt about this season and the show as a whole in perfect detail. It’s just brilliant and I wanted to share. 

Hey, Handmaid's Tale, I Have Some Questions About This Body Horror Thing

This show once told a story so realistic and reflective of reality, it was beyond horrifying and soul crushing to watch.

Now it’s like I’m watching The Handmaid’s Tale: Jeepers Creepers edition, it’s so over the top and poorly written out. 

3 minutes ago, AllyB said:

I thought this episode was meant to be a gamechanger where something big and important would happen. Instead it was just more stuff and nonsense.

Yet I have no doubt that the show runners were all patting themselves on the back over what a “wondrous” job they did.

I mean, did you SEE the CGI Lincoln memorial?? And the cross? Oh, and the mouth rings, by god the retch inducing mouth rings!

Surely no less than 20 Emmy nominations are heading their way this season...

I feel tired. 

5 minutes ago, BellyLaughter said:

I wonder if the actors hearts sink as they read each script and think this just isn’t that good anymore.... it’s a hot mess.....

Probably not Lizzie, heh, but some of the other underserved actors might, if they’re being honest with themselves.

I wonder how the actress who plays Rita must feel, already knee deep into season 3 and she still hasn’t gotten shit all to do to grow Rita’s backstory or general purpose. 

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, AllyB said:

I thought this episode was meant to be a gamechanger where something big and important would happen. Instead it was just more stuff and nonsense.

Last episode was billed as a situation occurring that would have "far reaching ramifications". After this most recent episode I suspect that by "far reaching" they just meant the physical distance between Switzerland and Gilead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

This article covers this episode and says everything I feel and have felt about this season and the show as a whole in perfect detail. It’s just brilliant and I wanted to share. 

Hey, Handmaid's Tale, I Have Some Questions About This Body Horror Thing

TV Club isn't super impressed either:

The Handmaid's Tale heads for the nation's capital aboard the Too Much Express

Commenters over there are similarly on a spectrum between head-scratching and outrage. (Of what I skimmed.)

Meanwhile, as a non-actual-viewer: Nick is a Commander now? Or always was a Commander? What in the actual eff? Why am I even asking?

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

Last episode was billed as a situation occurring that would have "far reaching ramifications". After this most recent episode I suspect that by "far reaching" they just meant the physical distance between Switzerland and Gilead.

Picking Switzerland to be the ally in the middle was definitely a far reach of a choice for the writers I’d say.

That move just leaves me befuddled.

I guess the show is still embarrassed about their ridiculous attempt to bring Mexico into the story during season 1 and so they refuse, absolutely refuse, to acknowledge that.

They’d rather shoehorn the Swiss into this mess in a way that makes positively no sense instead of working with an already established connection and relationship that makes a lot more sense because they would have to write for that and be responsible in bringing up the past and making it work with current events. 

Basically, they would have to be good at their job, so it’s a no go obviously.

3 minutes ago, kieyra said:

TV Club isn't super impressed either:

The Handmaid's Tale heads for the nation's capital aboard the Too Much Express

Commenters over there are similarly on a spectrum between head-scratching and outrage. (Of what I skimmed.)

Meanwhile, as a non-actual-viewer: Nick is a Commander now? Or always was a Commander? What in the actual eff? Why am I even asking?

Great find, it’s just maddening that they actually sold this episode as being such a game changer. It certainly was a shit stirrer. 

Nick was sold to us in the beginning as the driver for the Waterford’s, and he was an Eye, a spy for the government.

But he became a commander this season and apparently the show has made him a huge deal within the ranks of Gilead, but we were not told or shown this at all over the past two seasons. Suddenly he’s a super big fucking deal and he’s now at the front lines of the war. 

Basically Nick is Superman, I don’t know.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, AllyB said:

So did I. I kept waiting and waiting and bloody waiting for something, anything to happen that would move the story forward, no matter how illogical and implausible it might be, because, God knows all logic and reason have left this show long ago. So, when the episode ended with  the EXACT SAME SHOT as the previous week, I actually gasped "Well, screw this" out loud, with only my cat as a witness.

There was so much nonsense in this episode that I don't even know where to begin and you guys have pretty much covered it all. 

Aunt Lydia would have probably beaten a handmaid to death had she not been physically stopped mere two episodes ago and now she's all horrified by the treatment of the handmaids? GTFO. When she first inspected that handmaid with her mouth sewn shut I thought she'd be like "Hey, why didn't I ever think of this!" That would have been more in character. 

At least Chris Meloni still looks good, so that's something. And yeah, he was definitely hitting on Fred pretty hard and not at all subtly. And for a moment there I even thought his wife had hots for Serena. Maybe in the end they all get executed for gender betrayal. I don't really care anymore.  

I'm convinced that Nick as the Big Bad Meanie is a huge red herring, but his entire story makes so little sense now that I really can't bring myself to care about it.

That Canada would even entertain bringing a child back to the hellhole they've already taken near millions of refugees from is pure madness. Please let it stop. 

And is it just me or Gilead's religious symbolism is now absolutely nothing like what we were shown in S1? 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 12

How would Gilead be a “black-hole” we know things and people get in and out of that country? Somehow information is scarce? Only handmaids escape? Not one man deep in the inner workings said “You know what, I’m going to just stay in Canada where I can wear jeans and bang who I want without rituals?!” Or better yet, a wife!

The Swiss getting anywhere near this? Nick is dangerous/important? Canada being swayed by propaganda videos of rapists pleading for “their daughter” through bastardized prayers while muzzled handmaids bow at their feet? Sure, Jan.

12F4C1CC-70FF-45F9-9CCA-BD93C067889A.gif

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
(edited)
48 minutes ago, kissedbyarose said:

How would Gilead be a “black-hole” we know things and people get in and out of that country? Somehow information is scarce? Only handmaids escape? Not one man deep in the inner workings said “You know what, I’m going to just stay in Canada where I can wear jeans and bang who I want without rituals?!” Or better yet, a wife!

This is another glaring error in continuity. We KNOW that a disgruntled Aunt escaped to Canada in S1 and exposed a lot of dirt on Gilead, which was a pretty huge PR disaster for them and we saw Fred working hard to mitigate it. 

Also, the Mexican ambassador's assistant knew who June's husband was, which must mean there is some kind of register of handmaids (and their current postings!) and their real names and biographies, if they were able to make a connection between "Offred" and Luke Bankole.

Sure, gaining information from/about Gilead in real time must be challenging. A black hole no one knows anything about? Complete BS. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, kieyra said:

I don't watch at all anymore, just read the episode threads here, and that's been sufficiently enraging.

I'm also convinced the show needed a female showrunner. Suffice it to say it does not have one, so now it's difficult to tell if we're just being trolled or what. Male showrunner, cult-member lead actress. 

This! Why in the world does this show have a male show runner!? Bruce Miller is just so proud of himself but this show has become utter nonsense. 

• Love 8

I assumed that when Serena said that Nick had been part of the crusade, that it meant that he physically led the assassination of the US government.  Hence why he is not to be trusted because of his past.  

The mouths wired shut doesn't make any logistical sense for all the reasons above, but damn, it was disturbing

I half expected a handmaid to gun down Waterford or some other kind of resistance attack.  

June yelling at Serena about how wrong she is doesn't do anything for me.  We've known that since the first 3 minutes of the series.  

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

What does this mean?

On a shallow note, I really don't like watching Moss' face like this. It's not the most pleasing face in the actress world, especially in these constant extreme close-ups.

Scientology? Elizabeth Moss is a member. 

• Love 5
On 6/25/2019 at 10:25 PM, Umbelina said:

The actor playing the new commander, pumped up or not, all I think about is House when he's on screen, and now, of course, True Blood as well.  I don't know why it is that he just can't disappear into roles for me, but he never does.

He wasn't in House...?

I loved that Fred is being offered to trade himself for power now.  And I think he's gonna do it!  I think he puts his money where his mouth is and gives in to Winslow's advances.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, GatorDeb said:

He wasn't in House...?

I loved that Fred is being offered to trade himself for power now.  And I think he's gonna do it!  I think he puts his money where his mouth is and gives in to Winslow's advances.

Yeah, I meant that cop show, it was late, I was pooped.  😉

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, kissedbyarose said:

Canada being swayed by propaganda videos of rapists pleading for “their daughter” through bastardized prayers while muzzled handmaids bow at their feet? Sure, Jan.

I know. All that people in Canada/the world would think is, 'crap, don't ever send that baby back to that creepy hellhole!' But we're supposed to believe that Fred's eye for dramatic shots is so great it's making the world think of Gilead sympathetically.* And it's redundant anyway because Luke and Nicole would be repatriated to the existing US as soon as this nonsense started and Canada would just shrug their shoulders because it's no longer their business.

*I think it's a meta commentary on the show. Bruce Miller oversees great dramatic shots and thinks it will make everyone overlook the crapness of the show.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So when June and and Serena were fighting at the Lincoln memorial, how did no one notice them? There were like a million people milling about right outside, but no one looked slightly up and to the right? *Sigh* This episode just exists to show us headless Lincoln isn’t it? It’s basically the ending of that awful Planet of the Apes remake. 

Yep. And the wings behind June like in Game of Thrones. They’re stealing what they thought were brilliant bits from other shows and movies in their artsy fartsy quest. My eyeballs are going to end up stuck up in my sockets from all my eye rolling. They’re sure hoping for the cinematography award with that and all the slo-mo and overhead shots. It’s not going to work guys, you’re just giving us all vertigo. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

What does this mean?

On a shallow note, I really don't like watching Moss' face like this. It's not the most pleasing face in the actress world, especially in these constant extreme close-ups.

Elizabeth Moss (June) is a Scientologist.

• Love 3
On 6/26/2019 at 2:32 AM, AgentRXS said:

So this episode was basically created so we could see a headless Lincoln statue and the Washington monument turned into a cross. Style over substance.

The rest of it is so ridiculous, I just can't. Aunt Lydia beats the shit out of Janine last week, but this crosses the line for her?

Yeah, it's really healthy for pregnant women to be on liquid diets due to having their mouths clamped shut. Smart idea, Gilead.

You all have all ready covered the stuff about Gilead's economic status and global status, as well as external and internal politics, so I'll leave that alone.

And now all of a sudden, Nick is this all powerful guy but can't save June from Handmaid status and was just given lowly driver status instead of Commander status from the get-go. Yeah, right.

Commander Meloni is gay. What a shocker...not.

Also, Holly/Nicole is Gilead’s Elian Gonzalez.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, jenn31 said:

Yep. And the wings behind June like in Game of Thrones. They’re stealing what they thought were brilliant bits from other shows and movies in their artsy fartsy quest. My eyeballs are going to end up stuck up in my sockets from all my eye rolling. They’re sure hoping for the cinematography award with that and all the slo-mo and overhead shots. It’s not going to work guys, you’re just giving us all vertigo. 

To be fair, production on S3 of this show was finished by the time that particular episode of GoT aired, so the similar wing shots were just coincidental. I seriously doubt that the HT showrunners saw that GoT episode a few weeks ago, thought, "Ooh, cool idea!" and called everyone back to reshoot the scenes in this episode with the angel statue just so that they could incorporate the wing imagery.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

Picking Switzerland to be the ally in the middle was definitely a far reach of a choice for the writers I’d say.

I don't know.  For example, I believe Switzerland maintains a US interests section at their Embassy in Iran, so it does perform middleman duties on behalf of various countries in real life. 

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Yeah, it's really healthy for pregnant women to be on liquid diets due to having their mouths clamped shut. Smart idea, Gilead. 

It's always been so odd to me that for a country where so much of daily life is focused on women having babies, or attempting to get pregnant, Gilead has purposefully shut down all avenues to pregnancy outside of two people having sex. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Someone else already pointed out that the production schedules make the “steal the wing shot from GoT” thing  unlikely, but here’s another thing: I was listening to a podcast from NPR discussing some other show, I think it was Big Little Lies, and they talked about how a lot of television content is intentionally produced to make “meme”-able moments now. 

For a show with a big enough budget, that’s probably more valuable in terms of buzz marketing than making a coherent plot.

Edited by kieyra
  • Useful 5
11 minutes ago, kieyra said:

Someone else already pointed out that the production schedules make the “steal the wing shot from GoT” thing  unlikely, but here’s another thing: I was listening to a podcast from NPR discussing some other show, I think it was Big Little Lies, and they talked about how a lot of television content is intentionally produced to make “meme”-able moments now. 

For a show with a big enough budget, that’s probably more valuable in terms of buzz marketing than making a coherent plot.

Never watched Game of Thrones and haven't watched the episode but I have seen the photos of winged One. It is like every photo of every person who sees wings painted, or a sculpture that has wings, and steps in front of it for a photo. I have several friends who have done that, at different times and places. It is the opposite of original, or artsy. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

The mouths wired shut doesn't make any logistical sense for all the reasons above, but damn, it was disturbing

The problem is, while a frightening visual image, it pushed the whole concept of Gilead from "frightening because it skirts reality" to "this is totally unrealistic".   For the reasons mentioned:  How do they eat?  How do they manage morning sickness?  How does that setup not cause all kinds of damage during labor?    What is even the point?   A handmaid speaking out of turn would already be subject to all kinds of punishment.

And if DC is the capital, why does it seem like all the major meetings and decisions seem to be going down in Boston?

• Love 12

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who was like 'How do those bitches eat?  What happens if they get morning sickness?' 

The writing has gotten insanely lazy -- Poof!  Nick is super powerful and important!  Poof!  A handmaid can go all rogue on a Commander's wife in public and no one kuurrr!  Poof!  Switzerland is still super neutral (I didn't expect a full explanation of the geopolitical landscape that includes Gilliad...but just keeping Switzerland neutral because....we know it's neutral just seemed insanely lazy.)

They should seriously make it a rule for writers to watch ALL episodes of previous seasons.  Ya know...for the hell of it?

• Love 9

How did June lead the other handmaids in prayer when they all had their mouths ringed shut?

Fred putting Nick up on the stage next to June and they hold hands and nobody sees?

June makes an entrance down the steps of the Lincoln Memorial?  WTF?

If Cmdr. Lawrence was such a big shot in the founding of Gilead why didn't he go to DC?

So many questions!

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Olivia was his partner's name, Olivia Benson...I love when they do that sort of thing.

Can you imagine Lt. Benson as a handmaid? She'd knock June out of the park for seething gazes, and that's saying something. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 6/26/2019 at 6:51 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Sheesh, how many handmaids have the Winslows had in order to have seven kids?

Most of those kids are too old to be from handmaids. Gilead hasn't been around that long. I assume they're stolen, like Hannah.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, alexvillage said:

Never watched Game of Thrones and haven't watched the episode but I have seen the photos of winged One. It is like every photo of every person who sees wings painted, or a sculpture that has wings, and steps in front of it for a photo. I have several friends who have done that, at different times and places. It is the opposite of original, or artsy. 

Haunting of Hill House also did it last year, way pre-GoT, although they exercised this thing called 'restraint'.

Spoiler

the-haunting-of-hill-house-mrs-dudley-wi

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

I don't know.  For example, I believe Switzerland maintains a US interests section at their Embassy in Iran, so it does perform middleman duties on behalf of various countries in real life. 

True, real Switzerland does operate as such in today’s world, but my issue is how they’re interjecting them into Gilead, which just doesn’t, and shouldn’t, have nearly the same sway or power, aka money and weaponry, to make it worthwhile for them to be bothered with this baby tug of war between Gilead and Canada. 

I don’t buy any potential plot point that would explain how the Swiss of all people would give a shit over such a fairly insignificant issue, in regards to other international matters, involving one baby and a crazy annexed version of a torn apart and struggling faction in the former USA. 

What I see is that this is only being played out so because it’s June’s child at the middle of this, so the show wants to sell us on this idea that the custody showdown over Holly is just this extreme, next level, internationally significant problem that has to be solved at all costs that even the usually neutral Swiss want to throw their hats into the ring. It’s just nonsense to me. 

44 minutes ago, BeatrixK said:

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who was like 'How do those bitches eat?  What happens if they get morning sickness?' 

The writing has gotten insanely lazy -- Poof!  Nick is super powerful and important!  Poof!  A handmaid can go all rogue on a Commander's wife in public and no one kuurrr!  Poof!  Switzerland is still super neutral (I didn't expect a full explanation of the geopolitical landscape that includes Gilliad...but just keeping Switzerland neutral because....we know it's neutral just seemed insanely lazy.)

They should seriously make it a rule for writers to watch ALL episodes of previous seasons.  Ya know...for the hell of it?

Hah, love your poofs, they’re so true, 

I swear, they don’t remember half of the shit they’ve written, they just can’t. They are writing a whole new show this season, hardly anything ties into the past two seasons. 

1 hour ago, jcin617 said:

The problem is, while a frightening visual image, it pushed the whole concept of Gilead from "frightening because it skirts reality" to "this is totally unrealistic".   For the reasons mentioned:  How do they eat?  How do they manage morning sickness?  How does that setup not cause all kinds of damage during labor?    What is even the point?   A handmaid speaking out of turn would already be subject to all kinds of punishment.

And if DC is the capital, why does it seem like all the major meetings and decisions seem to be going down in Boston?

The mouth rings may be an even more jump the shark moment than the previous ones so far pointed out this season. 

Once they got the green light to film in DC suddenly DC is this huge BFD in regards to Gilead leadership and their power structure, yet we haven’t even gotten a whiff of this place or its’ almighty standing until now, much like Nick’s sudden Batman status, and it’s laughable.

Yet again the writers just make it so and we’re supposed to just be impressed with headless Lincoln and not care about anything making actual sense, apparently. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

I swear, they don’t remember half of the shit they’ve written, they just can’t. They are writing a whole new show this season, hardly anything ties into the past two seasons. 

Same actors, same names, same story beats over and over; but the world-building and characterization is completely random. (From season to season, and even episode to episode.) 

It's like someone sat down and tried to figure out the worst possible implementation of an 'anthology' show.

• Love 7

Once I saw the handmaids’ mouths covered, I assumed they were wearing some type of iron muzzle underneath like those used on enslaved women in the Americas. Especially with the tight close up on June’s face as she uncharacteristically gabs about her day like she’s Natalie first meeting Tootie on their first day at Eastland. I knew they were setting the shot up to be some sort of shocking torture device.

Olaudah Equiano describes the iron muzzle in his autobiography:

"I had seen a black woman slave as I came through the house, who was cooking the dinner, and the poor creature was cruelly loaded with various kinds of iron machines; she had one particularly on her head, which locked her mouth so fast that she could scarcely speak, and could not eat or drink. I [was] much astonished and shocked at this contrivance, which I afterwards learned was called the iron muzzle."

(edited)

So I guess I have to be the lone dissenter here and say that I think it made total sense that Switzerland was involved...

...Since this plot is as full of holes as Swiss cheese. Ba dum pum.

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.

Anywhoo, the mouth wires. I can't with this nonsense. They would have just cut out their tongues if they wanted to silence them. Commander Stabler and his ass, dear sweet baby Nichole, that's just so over the top. Also, why the big white box any time new clothing is given. Aunt Lydia would have just walked in holding that facial jockstrap in her hand FFS. Drama for the sake of drama is annoying. I'd also love it if June could wear that reverse feed sack upside down. Think of all the glare closeups we could avoid if that thing covered her eyes instead.

Edited by ElsbethTascioni
had/hand
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
(edited)

Also:  if that whole prayer show at the Lincoln Memorial was for PR sake, what country would look at all those women with red muzzles on and go "Oh yeah, looks like everything is A-OK there." even if they didn't already know all the awfulness that goes on in Gilead.   Not to mention they previously had all their PR spots with June unmuzzled, so...?

To a much earlier point, people wondered why any country would give Gilead the time of day:   Gilead has nukes, and seems to have already used them against the US (assuming that's where all the radiation in the Colonies comes from).   Doesn't seem like they'd have a qualm using them against others if push came to shove.

I don't know what is going on in their world with NATO (if the US exists, why isn't it helping?  Does it consider it a civil war?) -- but seems like Canada could just ask the UK or France to station a few nukes as insurance.   Not to mention US nukes that might still exist at bases in HI and AK.

Edited by jcin617
  • Love 8

This whole season has been such a disappointment. It's like the writers never read the book or watched the last two seasons. I used to be enthralled with the show and now I watch with one eye while scrolling on my phone. If they were going to add to the book they should have it make sense. if I never see June's determined, grim face staring into the distance again I'd be happy.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ElsbethTascioni said:

So I guess I have to be the lone dissenter here and say that I think it made total sense that Switzerland was involved...

...Since this plot is as full of holes as Swiss cheese. Ba dum pum.

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.

Anywhoo, the mouth wires. I can't with this nonsense. They would have just cut out their tongues if they wanted to silence them. Commander Stabler and his ass, dear sweet baby Nichole, that's just so over the top. Also, why the big white box any time new clothing is given. Aunt Lydia would have just walked in holding that facial jockstrap in her had FFS. Drama for the sake of drama is annoying. I'd also love it if June could wear that reverse feed sack upside down. Think of all the glare closeups we could avoid if that thing covered her eyes instead.

"Facial jockstrap" -- I spat my beverage onto my keyboard! We have a winner!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I had hopes that the meeting with the Swiss would turn out better, but I ended up FF'ing through quite a lot of this episode. This entire season has devolved into unrealistic horror and shots of June's 'pissed' face. 

• Love 5

I can't believe they had such horrifying images in this episode and yet STILL managed to make it boring. The whole Elian Gonzalez/Hollchole storyline is something most of us saw coming within minutes after Season 2 ended. It already feels old. 

I'm not understanding the timeline, either. They act like Gilead's been in formation for decades, yet Hannah hasn't aged more than a few years. Also, what are they going to do when all the current handmaids age out and can no longer bear children? Where's the next crop coming from? 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I live in D.C. so I kind of laughed at most of the scenes. The monument is almost always closed for repairs, so good luck with that obelisk crucifix combo, ya freaks. And the airport is actually in Arlington, so I was hoping to see if there were any OfJeffBezos handmaids scooting around.  When June was looking up at the Lincoln Memorial, I was half expecting for Abe’s face to have been replaced by a monkey’s. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
On 6/26/2019 at 1:25 AM, Umbelina said:

All I can think of is that the USA outspends the next 7 or 8 highest spending military countries (combined)  in the world, so Gilead now has that huge stockpile of weapons.

Yes, how in the hell do those handmaids eat?  What happens if they cough or sneeze, those metal clamps rip their lower faces off?

It was another shocking visual, but without answers it makes no sense.

The actor playing the new commander, pumped up or not, all I think about is House when he's on screen, and now, of course, True Blood as well.  I don't know why it is that he just can't disappear into roles for me, but he never does.

Apparently he isn't shooting blanks though, and damn that was a lot of handmaids, considering that they had to bring handmaids back from nuclear waste facilities to fill the quota in Boston.

Sigh, there is that continuity problem rearing it's ugly head again.

I honestly can NOT "buy" that Switzerland would get involved in this mess.  The entire world is boycotting Gilead, why would Switzerland (or Canada) cross those lines to negotiate the return of a baby girl to a place that is pure hell for all females?

Unless there was substantial money as bait?  No chance Switzerland would touch this mess, or consider giving a baby girl back to this horrid country.

I know, why Switzerland?  Because they are who people think of when you think of being neutral I guess.  And I don't understand why they would think that video of all the handmaidens and armed guards would do anything but horrify the whole world.

The SVU Law and Order guy!  That's what happens when shows use the same actors over and over and over.  I hate when the same actors are playing roles in shows that are going on at the same time.  There's no shortage of actors out there.  

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I live in D.C. so I kind of laughed at most of the scenes. The monument is almost always closed for repairs, so good luck with that obelisk crucifix combo, ya freaks. And the airport is actually in Arlington, so I was hoping to see if there were any OfJeffBezos handmaids scooting around.  When June was looking up at the Lincoln Memorial, I was half expecting for Abe’s face to have been replaced by a monkey’s. 

The face will end up being June’s scowl once it’s rebuilt and she conquers all.

Edited by ferjy
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

The more I read this thread the less I want to watch the episode. I actually have this afternoon off but cannot make myself move to watch it.

This is not a bad thing, because I am having a blast with some of your comments here. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, alexvillage said:

The more I read this thread the less I want to watch the episode. I actually have this afternoon off but cannot make myself move to watch it.

This is not a bad thing, because I am having a blast with some of your comments here. 

I am here for these threads for the rest of the season. The best part of (not watching) the show.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, alexvillage said:

You may as well watch it.  It has good moments, and it is visually very good.

The writers have just, once again, lost logic, the plot, and continuity.

I will say though, that EVERYONE is getting long close ups on their faces, it's not just June.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, kieyra said:

I am here for these threads for the rest of the season. The best part of (not watching) the show.

Me too. I haven't watched the past two weeks. 

• Love 1