Type keyword(s) to search

E!News - General Discussion

GaT
  • Start Topic

There doesn't seem to be a forum for gossip shows, so I guess starting a topic is the only way to talk about this because it's driving me crazy. I watch E!News every day, & lately they've been facetiming people on their phone instead of interviewing them in the studio or at some event like they normally do. I sit here watching TV of someone talking to someone else on their phone. It's the most stupid thing I've seen.

I read that Giuliana has announced her departure from the show again via social media.  This is likely tied to the show moving to New York next year.  She said that she is too busy with her family and other businesses to host a daily show.  I just hope this is true and that she won't be a candidate for Nancy O'Dell's old job at Entertainment Tonight.  (They've had guest hosts for nearly two months, so they're quite desperate.)  I haven't watched E! News since 2006 or so, but I do watch ET (though a friend and I mostly just complain about it), and Giuliana hosting would not be a positive development.

• Love 1
On 10/24/2019 at 3:04 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I read that Giuliana has announced her departure from the show again via social media.  This is likely tied to the show moving to New York next year.  She said that she is too busy with her family and other businesses to host a daily show.  I just hope this is true and that she won't be a candidate for Nancy O'Dell's old job at Entertainment Tonight.  (They've had guest hosts for nearly two months, so they're quite desperate.)  I haven't watched E! News since 2006 or so, but I do watch ET (though a friend and I mostly just complain about it), and Giuliana hosting would not be a positive development.

She hasn't been on the show for a while, she came back once the day after the Emmys, but other than that, she hasn't been there. I don't think Jason Kennedy is staying either. I don't like all the segments they've been doing that feel like morning show segments (food, exercise, etc), so even though I watch the show daily, once it moves I probably won't.

Anybody know if the show is ending 11/15? I was watching tonight & Jason & Giuliana kept talking about how it was the shows last week in LA, & I can't find the show anywhere in the TV schedule. The new show is supposed to start in January, I wonder if that means that there won't be a show until then. I still think making it a morning show out of NY is a stupid idea.

The show is done. I watched it at 6PM. I had stopped watching awhile ago. All they talked about was the Kardashians who I loathe. It’s going to be a morning show after the first of the year which is stupid. They better change the format because their audience at that time of day  is mostly older women who I doubt don’t care about the Kardashians and the other young performers they usually report on. 

I tried to watch the new E!News & Top of the Pop shows, & had to just delete both of them. I hate the hosts & the style of the shows. I'm going to give them another try, but it's not looking good.

And this show is cancelled.  I hadn't watched in forever, but I will fondly remember the days when I first got E! in 2003 when about five people were watching but I loved this show!  There was lots of male eye candy, and short of a celebrity death, no one took anything seriously.  (And that includes Giuliana, even though I read part of her book where she refused to name any of her co-hosts from that era and dismissed them all as worthless "Ron Burgundy-wannabes" who were personally responsible for the tragedy of her being demoted for a while before her inevitable triumph.  Barf.)

Well all three of the new hosts were awful, and Jason Kennedy had become full of his self since becoming friends with Justin Bieber and that church cult he became apart of. And they need to stop letting those guys fill in on daily pop. 

Edited by lucylou

Anybody watching the new iteration of this show? Hosted by Justin Sylvester & Adrienne Bailon-Houghton. I can understand why they picked Justin, but no idea why they wanted Adrienne. It's pretty much just 10 short entertainment stories, all very bland. They made Justin dial it waaaay back, which I have to admit, I like. I only found out the show was back by accident, E doesn't seem to be promoting it at all.

I wondered what happened to the last hosts of the show, & it doesn't even look like Lilliana Vazquez. works for E (or anyone else) anymore, & Scott Tweedie is going to be co-hosting an Australian show, so I guess he went back home. I have no idea what people like Jason Kennedy, or Erin Lim are doing, if they even work for E anymore.