Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: What You Take With You

I knew the minute Octavia took the glowing serum of character development that she'd end up in a battle with herself. So that was cliched and a bit annoying. But then they remembered that Lincoln existed and I actually teared up a little. 

But then I remembered that she took it to remember what happened in the anomaly but somehow just found herself or something and I'm not sure how those two things are related?? 

But the best thing about this episode?

Untitled.jpg

• Love 3

Meanwhile, this is an awesome fitting sendoff for Kane. The man who spaced people spacing himself to save them. Such an amazing bookended image, far more than Octavia skewering Blodreina (and far less contrived).

Parts of this felt like old 100 and maybe that's because it had a parade of better actors in the people they've brought back - Indra, Kane, Lincoln, even Pike. Maybe it's because the writers know who these characters are and used to be, back when they were writing a show because they had something to say rather than because they want a paying job.

Maybe it's just because Henry Ian Cusick has more gravitas in his little finger than half the current cast.

But this scene was great, as was everything Indra.

Untitled2.jpg

• Love 11

It definitely felt like an older episode of The 100...at least not a season six episode. Even with the Time Anomaly, it focused on more of Octavia as a character, we got back old characters that we haven't seen this season (hello Indra! Hello Time Anomaly Pike!), and we had to say goodbye to Kane (and we got back Henry for his goodbye!)

I will say that Greyston Holt was a perfect one-off as Marcus Kane the II. I thought halfway through the episode how eerily similar Greyston and Henry were, even down to the raspier voice, so when Henry showed up at the end of the episode, I realized that Greyston may have literally had Henry coach him behind the scenes. I was impressed with the send-off they gave Kane. As much as I'll actually miss Kane (he was one of my favourites), it was his time to go. Plus, I sense that Henry's wanted to leave the show for a while so now he doesn't need to come back (I imagine he'll come back for the series finale, but otherwise, he's done with the show).

As for Abby, she's in a serious need for redemption for herself. She's basically done nothing to redeem herself and Kane had to sacrifice himself in order to MAYBE get through to Abby that she's a total dumbass. 

Ah, so Octavia fought herself in order to erase the disaster that was season 5 Octavia. Not that season 5 Octavia was entirely wrong at points and not the only one at fault, but I was surprisingly ok with how they're handling Octavia's redemption. Like I said way back in a season 2 episode thread, this show does a great job at tearing characters down to a point of no redemption and then somehow actually redeeming them. At least, for me; I can't speak for others.

Well, now Octavia is going to actively search for redemption. Hey, O, can you do all of us a favour and bring Abby along with you? She desperately needs redemption as well.

So, the Adventures of Bellarkephine are really just a whole lot of talking before Clarke gets to take over and escape. I guess now JoClarke will be able to swap in and out whenever it is necessary. 

I'm not sure how this season is going to end. Part of me thinks it'll have to end with someone burning down Sanctum but then where are they going to go? I also feel like they've had it easy with having a dropship to carry them up and down from space, so I feel like that method of transportation has to get destroyed as well, similar to Arkadia burning down. But I have no idea what else is going to happen. The Primes will have to be destroyed, Russell included (maybe we'll get to keep the actor, though). But I'm not sure where next season is going to go. 

• Love 3

I was glad to see Indra back in the mix, but have to admit that my first reaction when they woke her up was "Did someone give style her hair while she was sleeping?" I don't actually have a clear memory of what she looked like before she went in the sleeping chamber (I also forget what it's called--hypersleep? suspended animation?), so it's possible she looks the same now, but my overall impression is that most people have woken up looking cleaner and more "styled" than when they went in.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm not usually all that fond of meta-commentaries within TV shows, but I gotta admit I laughed out loud at Josephine's summary of Bellarke: "It's exhausting, frankly."

"Tell me about it." Heh. 

I also may have cheered at Indra's whole, "Seriously? This is what you woke me up for? Good thing our hair apparently got perfectly and beautifully styled while we spent all those years in stasis!" expression. More Indra, show.

And where, exactly, is everyone finding these elaborate queen sized beds on this spaceship? This was a prisoner/mining ship, right? Why was it going for a home comfort/luxury hotel feel?

And farewell, Kane! At least, temporary farewell, Kane, assuming you aren't needed in someone's flashback or hallucination and/or the anomaly doesn't decide it wants you for plot purposes.  Great exit for Henry Ian Cusick, even if I was half-expecting him to scribble "NOT PENNY'S BOAT" on the glass the whole time. 

Edited by quarks
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Ugh I have been a fan of Henry's since Lost. Not many actors could make you ship a couple without them actually sharing scenes. The Constant is one of the best episodes of the series.  Penny and Desmond forever!! Anyways, I'll miss you Henry and Kane!

Hello Indra! Great to see you!

Okay. I take back some of my despair from last week. They didn't just stick Kane in a new actor and go about their business, and, as much as I wish he weren't dead, it's better that they killed him off this way.

I also totally missed the Jesus stuff in his story until he directly asked what happened to his crucifixion scars. And I spent a lot of time remembering back when Abby was kind of a badass and Kane was the chancellor, and they grudgingly respected each other and then fell in love. I used to really like them as a couple.

• Love 3
On 7/10/2019 at 7:03 AM, Lady Calypso said:

As for Abby, she's in a serious need for redemption for herself. She's basically done nothing to redeem herself and Kane had to sacrifice himself in order to MAYBE get through to Abby that she's a total dumbass. 

Ha! Also, yeah.

Anyone else wish they had spaced Abby and the magic juice instead of new body Kane? 

The Prime storyline continues to bore me, even in small amounts. I’m much more interested in the new Grounders and our original kru. 

• Love 4

Indra's back!  That more than makes up for Diyoza going off to wherever she is now in the anomaly.  I will always love Indra and her "I am so over this bullshit!" attitude, and her abilities to kick ass and just get shit done.  Looking forward to seeing more of her reacting to the shitstorm they've woken her up into.

Actually was surprised they finished off Kane for good (maybe?), since they went through the whole process of him being put into another body.  But it is believable that Kane would hate it and just rather end things.  While Greyson Holt did a good job in his scenes, I'm glad they had Henry Ian Cusick play him again at the very end, and gave him a great send-off.  That said, I really don't know how they can possibly redeem Abby at this point, because she's just become such an unlikable and obnoxious bore.

So, now it's time for Octavia to have her self-discovery and journey into the past!  Fun seeing Pike again since Michael Beach is awesome, and while I figured it would end with her fighting the "Bloodraina" in her head, that was still a fun little bit.  And now she seems to be owning up to her murdering past and is going to attempt redemption.  We'll see, I guess.

Clarke is now back in control for now, and heading for Gabriel.

On 7/12/2019 at 10:32 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Indra's back!  That more than makes up for Diyoza going off to wherever she is now in the anomaly.  I will always love Indra and her "I am so over this bullshit!" attitude, and her abilities to kick ass and just get shit done.  Looking forward to seeing more of her reacting to the shitstorm they've woken her up into.

Actually was surprised they finished off Kane for good (maybe?), since they went through the whole process of him being put into another body.  But it is believable that Kane would hate it and just rather end things.  While Greyson Holt did a good job in his scenes, I'm glad they had Henry Ian Cusick play him again at the very end, and gave him a great send-off.  That said, I really don't know how they can possibly redeem Abby at this point, because she's just become such an unlikable and obnoxious bore.

So, now it's time for Octavia to have her self-discovery and journey into the past!  Fun seeing Pike again since Michael Beach is awesome, and while I figured it would end with her fighting the "Bloodraina" in her head, that was still a fun little bit.  And now she seems to be owning up to her murdering past and is going to attempt redemption.  We'll see, I guess.

Clarke is now back in control for now, and heading for Gabriel.

Too bad Octavia couldn't have had that revelation before she started the war that ended Earth.

So, Diyoza is coming back with an adult kid, right? This has Connor from Angel written all over it.

Nice that Indra didn't get on the "do better" bandwagon. However, she did let Kane take the black goo into space.

• Love 1