Type keyword(s) to search

Love Island: In The Media

• Start Topic

Yes, Jeremy does look enormous, and I'm glad he doesn't have a bunch of tattoos.

I gave Cinco another look and he did look pretty good lounging in that chair.  On a score of uno a diez, I'd rank him a siete.  Maybe higher when I see him on tv.   

• Love 1
On 1/19/2021 at 12:36 PM, mirandroid said:

Obviously I’m late to this news, but I’m sad to hear about Justine and Caleb. I know it was just a silly TV show and they only knew each other a few weeks, but they seemed more genuine than the typical reality dating show couple. I’m typically a “wrong reasons” (Bachelor terminology) watcher, so it’s extremely rare for me to “ship” a couple. I didn’t realize he was only 24 to her 27! Complete speculation, but they’re definitely at different stages in life where Justine may have wanted to settle down and he’s years away from that. Not to mention living in different sides of the country in the middle of a pandemic. We’re they even able to see each other? Probably not. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

So, as of now, the following couples are still couples (season 3): Wes and Aimee, Josh and Shannon, and Cinco and Cash. Everybody else has cut ties. 

Interesting. Surprised that there are still three couples but not surprised that these are the three couples.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, shok said:

Interesting. Surprised that there are still three couples but not surprised that these are the three couples.

If all goes per the previous seasons, they will all be done by March or so. Except 2 of them didn’t really make it off the island as couples, so maybe they can break the US curse. 

• Love 1
On 6/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, Suzysite said:

From the US magazine article (emphasis added):

“As you guys know, Shannon has been in PA the last few weeks supporting her sister with the birth of her niece. She’s been figuring out her next career move, and has always had a passion for skincare,” the Love Island USA alums wrote in a joint Instagram statement on Friday, June 17, sharing an update on their relationship status. “Although she loves FL, she has decided to go back to school to become an esthetician and be closer to the baby.”

The Temple University alum, 26, had relocated from her Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, hometown after their reality TV tenure to Florida, where the former baseball player, 24, resides and works as an online personal trainer.

“It has always been a dream of his to live in FL and start his own business, and he’s doing just that! We love this life we’ve built together, but sometimes timing is everything,” their statement continued. “It certainly has been hard being apart [per the first paragraph they've only been apart a few weeks -- funny that they don't mention her filming The Challenge USA], and we’ve been trying to take the right steps to further both of our careers [sounds like their "careers" were always the priority]. We have created so many memories and achievements together over this past year. From love to tragedy and everything in between, we have been by each other’s side with support, friendship, and the greatest love for each other that words cannot even begin to describe. No one can take that away from us.”

-----

It will be interesting to see how Shannon presents herself in The Challenge USA, which presumably was filmed while she was still with Josh.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/the-challenge-usa-cast-revealed-photos/

On 6/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, Suzysite said:

I think that I get peacock free with my cable.  But they changed voice over guys…he’s the main reason I watch the mess.  Not sure if I will bother. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

I think that I get peacock free with my cable.  But they changed voice over guys…he’s the main reason I watch the mess.  Not sure if I will bother. 

Iain does the flagship show. I like them both, so I am not bothered. The change from Arielle to Sarah, however, is wearing on me. Sarah is just not a good hostess in my opinion. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

Iain does the flagship show. I like them both, so I am not bothered. The change from Arielle to Sarah, however, is wearing on me. Sarah is just not a good hostess in my opinion. 

I tried a few minutes and felt it was the Sarah show.  I’m not a prude but I’m used to it being somewhat edited for language ,etc.  i guess with it being on peacock it can be even less restrictive.  I just can’t get invested in it at this time.  Wonder how the ratings are so far?

Damn... I just realized this was on and on Peacock instead. Streaming 6 nights a week? With commercials I can't fast forward past even with 'enhanced' Peacock that comes with my cable sub? Yeah... that's still a no.

I don't like that any of the familiarity to it is gone with a new host and commentator (even if he's the voice of the UK version too) as well. That's a LOT of strikes against before I even consider tuning in.

22 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

I’m used to it being somewhat edited for language ,etc.

Ugh, that reminds me of those 'extra' episodes from last season where they just showed rolling footage of everyone, you'd see front to back of every conversation. It was basically like seeing a compilation of a live feed. I found them extremely boring. It felt like an excuse to be lazy, but then try to make it sound 'special' as it was "unedited". Didn't like that presentation much and yeah if that's what it will be I won't be tuning in for any nights; let alone taking it on like a part-time summer job.

• Love 2