Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Dick Moves and Dick Pics

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Well, no one but Craig and Kathryn know what truly happened between the two of them when they drunkenly spent the night together on the beach during the trip to St. Simon's Island.

Craig can not keep his mouth shut to save his life about messy gossip. There is no way he wouldn’t have tossed that shit out at some point. Same goes for Kathryn who feeds on the drama.

Look how she was with the Whintey thing. She told one or two people but when it didn’t spread fast enough wasn’t being talked about enough she brought it up and had Cameron tell everyone together.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I've never understood Dani's devotion to Kathryn, but maybe she likes a "project" and thinks she can help her.  Freezing eggs sounded crazy expensive, but the reality is that she should probably do it if she wants kids.  She wasn't in a current relationship so in theory if she waited to get married it could be a couple of years before she'd have kids.

Patricia's treatment of Kathryn is fascinating.  Is it because Kathryn really is the star of the show?  He drama with Thomas has been the backbone of the show from the beginning,  Perhaps Patricia is seeing that and now that Thomas is gone she and Whitney are boosting Kathryn up to keep a storyline going?  I can't see why else Kathryn would be treated as the favorite when Cam has been Pat's favorite off the show.

Does anyone actually care about the Austen/Madison drama?  Even Austen and Madison don't care about it.  Make it stop.

Where was Eliza at the lady dinner?  She must've burnt a huge bridge during that first night to not be invited to anything after.

Also, why didn't we see more of the lady dinner?  Was it really that boring?

Shep is Shep, Austen is a younger, poorer version of Shep and gets jealous of that and Shep is jealous of Austen's youth.  I thought Cam's analysis of Shep was pretty spot on.  He's got some simmering anger in there.  He must've been rejected hard at some point and that's led to the person he now.  Whether that was academic, romantic or familial is yet to be seen.

Craig also aspired to Thomas' and Sheps' lifestyles.  And to give him credit, he is slowly working his way there.  His law degree is truly a fallback degree to his life on tv.  I think he's been smart with his money in buying rental property to eventually supply himself with "mailbox" money.

Whitney's just there because he's the creator of the show and without Thomas these guys need someone older on the scene otherwise it's just out at bars with them everynight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, NightFan said:

think they are jelly jealous. Because Craig seems to be getting hotter, and they are getting Notter. 

I think Craig is looking rough. His partying is catching up with him.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, scenicbyway said:

Craig also aspired to Thomas' and Sheps' lifestyles.  And to give him credit, he is slowly working his way there.  His law degree is truly a fallback degree to his life on tv.  I think he's been smart with his money in buying rental property to eventually supply himself with "mailbox" money.

Craig seems like the kind of person who could make money as an Instagram influencer.  That's a job now, right?  I think Cam is doing something like that in her spare time.  Craig fancies himself a great liar, meaning he'd be aces at marketing products to his followers. 

If he invests his SC money, and the rental money, he definitely has a good start on mailbox money. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think Craig is looking rough. His partying is catching up with him.

I dunno I kinda like that look, haha! That’s just me. He looks more manly and less pillow. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

What bothered me about this episode was the way these young "ladies" at the bar threw themselves at the "charmers" all too eagerly. They were actually in competition with one another if you watch it and look at them instead of looking st the guys. The brunette nearest Shep had expressed multiple times that she would definitely be interested in going back to their suite- as a drunken Shep began repeatedly luring the crowd with the lavishness of said suite. The fake storyline of Shep "stealing" all Austen's potential ladies is just ridiculous. While they may prefer Shep, they're a bunch of fame seekers and $ chasers that they would settle for ANY guy on the show. Oh I know, I know, Austen is "poor." I dont buy that he is piss poor- and he is on the show. Anyone with him will GET on the show and therefore get $ too. 

That's all I have for now.

I wish women would hold themselves higher than this. That's my disappointment in it all. I can see everything more clearly now that I'm older bc I would've been those chicks at the bar back then. I can only teach my daughters their worth now.

All that said, that hotel suite afterparty looked so tame/lame, I told Mr. Kdawg that high schoolers would probably be able to hang. Hell, even I could hang at my age and I can never hang anymore lol!

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Remember seasons back Shep would say that mutual girls they knew would say that Craig would sleep in the bed with them and never try anything? 

I also remember Shep asking Craig why he never wore undershirts anymore. Now he wears eyeliner and nail polish. 

Then there was the comment Craig made that left Austen incredulous: “if only I could like guys, things would be so much easier.” 

Pretty positive Craig is in denial (not closeted as CHLBAN said) about being gay. He never flirts with or shows any interest in girls on the show. Has no sexual chemistry with any women, including Naomie. They supposedly dated three years but I NEVER saw more than platonic affection between them. 

And ha ha, he’s the only one in the OG that Kathryn didn’t sleep with, lol! 

Good points, but, I thought that Kathryn did sleep with him or at least they said she did.  There are a lot of lies about that though, so, I don't know what to believe. 

• Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The eyeliner was from a Halloween costume and the one nail is part of a campaign called the #PolishedMan to raise awareness for child abuse so I don’t know that either has shit to do with Craig’s sexuality. 

What Halloween costume?? So he was wearing part of his Halloween costume at the pillow party? 

Okay, got it. 

Actually I thought he said he wore eyeliner because “girls like it”. 

When did Craig talk about his involvement with Polished Man , against child abuse? I missed it. What an amazing thing to be part of, he should talk it up more. 

Edited by Sage47
On 6/26/2019 at 10:13 PM, ParadoxLost said:

Cameron needs to stop making excuses for Shep.  Its not ok that Shep is an elitist asshole to everyone around him because he might be angry about something deep down inside.

I don't care about how he is feeling deep down inside.  I care that he is a lazy asshole that thinks he's superior to everyone around him because his parents had money and couldn't figure out how to raise him to be a decent human being.

Also, I noticed this episode that he laughs like either Beavus or Butthead.

Every time he talks about naming his dog Craig it makes me think he's going to abuse it.

My friend was in a HORRIBLE boating accident Memorial Day. Ever since then, I've been putting together a list of people who needs their asses kicked by me. If Shep abuses that dog, he will move up to #2 (right after the drunk guy driving the boat my friend was in).

On 6/26/2019 at 10:49 PM, Hockey Addict said:

Dani also was sitting with Cam and her friend last season and acted surprised to find out that alcohol could get into breast milk. 

The RV trip was boring. Disappointed in this episode.

Abstinence-only ed? No idea on how the human body works; even your own???

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Abstinence-only ed? No idea on how the human body works; even your own???

Dani and Chelsea playing Beavis and Butthead at the OB-GYN was the saddest thing I've seen in a long time. Note to Chelsea, not knowing the parts of your own body or the basics around how they work doesn't may you a guys girl, it makes you dumb. Chelsea, don't be dumb...

• Love 16

Patricia’s party reminded me of The Merv Griffin Set episode of Seinfeld. 

Is it normal to have a breathalyzer in a bar? 

If they are really assholes to Craig, I’d find new friends if I was him.  Or no friends. Either one just not Shep or Whitney. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 6/28/2019 at 2:36 PM, Natalie68 said:

They were the thing in the 70s when I grew up.  But we didn't eat them with aioli (fancy mayo) we used melted butter which is FABULOUS!

I had totally forgotten about artichoke dip.  My mom used to make it, made me think of her. We used butter and garlic salt in mayo.  I'll have to make it again sometime and see if my kids like it.

• Love 1
On 6/30/2019 at 12:31 PM, NightFan said:

I’m just not liking the smug Craig bashing.

i think they are jelly jealous. Because Craig seems to be getting hotter, and they are getting Notter. 

Just sayin

Shep and Whitney are way past their best by date.  Their lids are bulging from putrefaction.

• Love 7

Well, I think I've been a pretty loyal watcher but count me in with those who are getting bored.  These people are phoning it in and picking up the paycheck.  There doesn't seem to be anything natural about their interactions anymore.  Like they all know what time to show up for filming, get it over with and go their separate ways.  

So...Madison hits on Danni's boyfriend, and Danni apologizes to Madison for telling the truth about Madison to Craig?  In what universe does a bitch get apologized to and not dragged by her earrings for that?

Even if Madison's absolutely made-up, lame excuse was true and her friend orchestrated all of it, SHE should still apologize.   So stupid.  

I feel like Danni needs to accept Kathryn and move on as friendly people who are not "best friends."  They don't seem to have much of anything in common.

I continue to be perplexed by this relationship.  It seems to consist of Kathryn being an asshole and Danni running intervention against her foes and then building her back up again.  Are we to believe they go shopping, have a girls night, watch movies...whatever "best friends" should be doing?  I don't see it at all.  

When the boys were fighting around the campfire, there was all this overly dramatic music playing over everything.  Like that was supposed to create excitement and drama.  Nah.  Fail.  

Does anyone else think Eliza and her boyfriend thought months ago about maybe perhaps taking a trip with their friends.  Maybe they never even got to the discussion stage.  But now they were 100% ticketed and booked on the flight that crashed and had the closest near death experience evahhhhh?  Sorry to be doubtful.  I just wonder about the realness of the actual situation.   

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

But now they were 100% ticketed and booked on the flight that crashed and had the closest near death experience evahhhhh? 

It was a private plane and a last minute trip for them. 

• Love 1

Is it safe to say that Patricia's kaftan phase has passed?

Danni was an absolute pushover in her conversation with Madison. Even if Madison was telling the truth about her friend reaching out to Gentry, Madison should have at least acknowledged to Danni that it was a shitty thing to do and she understands how it may have come across poorly to Danni. But instead, Madison aggressively addresses the situation, gets an unwarranted apology by someone who simply told the truth and then brushed off the apology with a 'yeah'. Unlikely I'm going to like this one. It would have been interesting to see how her conversation with Madison would have gone done if Kathryn was there. Would she have stood up for Danni?

Shep is an asshole beyond measure. He's so instinctively mean that it's hard to believe there's a lot of 'good human' in there.

So....did anyone eat that cake?

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/1/2019 at 10:29 AM, Sage47 said:

What Halloween costume?? So he was wearing part of his Halloween costume at the pillow party? 

Okay, got it. 

Actually I thought he said he wore eyeliner because “girls like it”. 

When did Craig talk about his involvement with Polished Man , against child abuse? I missed it. What an amazing thing to be part of, he should talk it up more. 

I thought Halloween parties and parties in general are always shown on these reality shows. That's strange not to have shown it, no? 

And RE "Polished Man": you have to remember there are three types of fake lives these people live- 1) the fake Instagram life 2) the fake reality show life and 3) their real REAL fake lives 🙄

Edited by Kdawg82
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/28/2019 at 10:04 AM, psychoticstate said:

I have to admit I find Whitney (mostly) entertaining.  Of course he brought his Braun (or whatever) electric toothbrush.  Of course he's sanitizing the remote control.   Never change, Whit.  It was nice of him to pick up the dinner tab at the restaurant, especially since everyone ordered a steak and the 2 bottles of wine, alone, were over $200.  

I think Whitney “picking up the dinner tab” just means that the show is taking care of the bill since Whitney is the executive producer and show creator. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Eliza, I THINK, has the potential to bring the historical context to the show. The only person with historical roots to the area is Kathryn, and they are dated. Eliza currently has a functioning family estate, so she might have been brought in to compensate for Thomas. Kathryn does have a good name, but I think the money is mostly gone there.

I feel like Patricia and Whitney, as an ex producer, want to showcase the founders of the city and the historical underpinnings, so perhaps Eliza is their best bet. Thomas has completely fucked up and can't represent no more. Patricia and Whitney are NOT from the area, so they are sort of in a way, faking it to make it. It's interesting. Patricia has only lived there since 2008. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

And problematic as fuck. 

Kathryn's family lives far out from Charleston I thought. Maybe all the plantation folks live far away, but want to live in the city and buy something. I'm not sure why Patricia decided to buy a place in Charleston. Maybe she felt that was the best place to invest and affordable-- don't know at all--- Whitney doesn't live there, just her. Isn't she married now? 

• Love 1
Just now, bravofan27 said:

Kathryn's family lives far out from Charleston I thought. Maybe all the plantation folks live far away,

I thought you were referring to Kathryn having a historical name (Calhoun) that makes her important that’s what I was referring to as being problematic given his name has been removed from several places and people have been trying to get rid of references to him in several more. 

• Love 1
On 6/28/2019 at 10:38 PM, Sage47 said:

I actually think that 95% of Naomie reaching out was to get on the show. She is very calculating and I just didn’t fully buy her and Craig and their angst about each other.

I’d go to 100%.  

The worst part is that she SUCKS and now we are stuck with her.  Make her go!

On 6/30/2019 at 2:31 PM, NightFan said:

I’m just not liking the smug Craig bashing.

i think they are jelly jealous. Because Craig seems to be getting hotter, and they are getting Notter. 

Just sayin

He sure is!!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I thought you were referring to Kathryn having a historical name (Calhoun) that makes her important that’s what I was referring to as being problematic given his name has been removed from several places and people have been trying to get rid of references to him in several more. 

Well, they will all be scrubbed eventually. It's the south and I'm guessing most made their money from slaves. Thomas and Ezira live on plantations AND actually brag about them being plantations. No one is clean. 

(edited)
24 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Thomas and Ezira live on plantations AND actually brag about them being plantations. No one is clean. 

So does Kathryn or rather she grew up on one and brags about it.

Eliza doesn’t live on a plantation. It’s her grandparents place and in Aiken which is about 2 and 1/2 hours from Charleston. 

Edited by biakbiak
On 6/26/2019 at 9:19 PM, Golden Girl said:

Despite his money and pretensions, Shep is just trash.  

Such a shame.   This show did him no favors.  Season 1 and 2 he was likeable and fun, as I recall.  Not bad looking either, but he is a mess now.   I partially blame his family, particularly his mother, for her giving him  such a free ride with his behavior.  I am sure she loves him, perhaps too much, but he needs to be accountable for his actions

• Love 5
On 6/27/2019 at 4:03 AM, SallySarue said:

I thought it was strange that Dani apologized too. Stupid. She's got to be one of the most boring, unnecessary cast members in all of reality tv land. And yeah right, who goes into a doctor appoimtment for such a specialized procedure without doing a lick of research first?? Again, stupid.

I get the feeling things are not going to end well for Naomi. Her bf doesn't even seem to be that into her. And I don't think he's all that in the looks OR personality depatment, but she sure is smitten. To each her own I guess. She's really feeding his ego though! 

Not sure yet how I feel about Metul.  I just think more about Naomie and she seems very happy.    I hope he does not hurt her, as many have said.   Has to be an improvement over Craig.  Craig has a certain appeal but is basically shiftless and lost.  Naomie is  much more productive and hard working.  A couple of flashbacks showed her with Craig that made me glad they split up.  Ambitious people should not marry lazy ones.  it will eventually cause problems IMO.   In one old scene she mentions him and his pillows and, to her credit, does not seem to be against his sewing interest, but more about his follow thru on ANYTHING.   He procrastinates in  every part of his life.   I get not wanting to be a lawyer or anything else after you have been educated for that, but he basically drifts from one thing to another, and not successfully.  Perhaps a person cannot feel fulfilled if he is unable to enjoy his working life also.  I also think he is outclassed with those around him (by their money) and wants to it to his   reality without really earning it or inheriting   it.....

On 6/26/2019 at 9:42 PM, bravofan27 said:

Patricia has a sense of humor to die for. She has an interesting blend of being uber conservative, uber feminist, wealthy with very high expectations of staff (Michael brought her a drink without a tray!!), but can relax and  be very funny. I think it's all the bourbon and vodka she drinks. It brings out her spunky side.

I find her annoying.  

• Love 1
On 6/30/2019 at 12:23 PM, ProudMary said:

Well, no one but Craig and Kathryn know what truly happened between the two of them when they drunkenly spent the night together on the beach during the trip to St. Simon's Island.

And she seems to really like Craig and a "gay friend" is a great friend for women.  They can  both  be themselves around each other.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:30 PM, RHJunkie said:

Danni was an absolute pushover in her conversation with Madison. Even if Madison was telling the truth about her friend reaching out to Gentry, Madison should have at least acknowledged to Danni that it was a shitty thing to do and she understands how it may have come across poorly to Danni. But instead, Madison aggressively addresses the situation, gets an unwarranted apology by someone who simply told the truth and then brushed off the apology with a 'yeah'. Unlikely I'm going to like this one. It would have been interesting to see how her conversation with Madison would have gone done if Kathryn was there. Would she have stood up for Danni?

Shep is an asshole beyond measure. He's so instinctively mean that it's hard to believe there's a lot of 'good human' in there.

Every time Cameron says "Shep has a good heart", I want to punch her.    

On 7/2/2019 at 9:30 PM, RHJunkie said:

Every time Cam says "Shep has a good heart", I want to punch her.   A good heart?  Sleeping with anything that breathes?  Getting a pet you will probably ignore when the novelty wears off, and palm off on your mother?   Have to be out at a bar every night, and several semi failed business ventures because of it?    Not being really loyal to friends and using Craig as a punching bag most of the time?  That kind of heart, Cam?    

• Love 9
On 7/1/2019 at 9:18 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Good points, but, I thought that Kathryn did sleep with him or at least they said she did.  There are a lot of lies about that though, so, I don't know what to believe. 

Always wonderd if  Craig  had gender identification issues for some reason.   He can be annoying too, but I fee sorry for him.  Lacks initiative and seems basically unhappy.  Lately he seems to be drinking much to much and it is not a good look, physically or mentally for him

• Love 2
4 hours ago, oceanview said:

Has to be an improvement over Craig.  Craig has a certain appeal but is basically shiftless and lost.  Naomie is  much more productive and hard working.  A couple of flashbacks showed her with Craig that made me glad they split up.  Ambitious people should not marry lazy ones.  it will eventually cause problems IMO.

For sure, a huge improvement! Craig is lazy, that's for sure. I don't think he's all there either. 

I find Patricia annoying too. Her ego is enormous.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, SallySarue said:

I cFor sure, a huge improvement! Craig is lazy, that's for sure. I don't think he's all there either. 

I find Patricia annoying too. Her ego is enormous.

Glad I am not alone about Patricia.  I also think she is basically a "snob" and am surprised she would lower herself to this type of reality show.   Hate when people kiss up to her.  So phony.  Michael is a saint, but he also knows where is bread is buttered.  Just poured myself a good stiff drink, so I can mosey on over to last night's episode  to see what kind of responses it got.  Shep looks worse every week.   

• Love 4
On 7/2/2019 at 8:38 AM, Kiki620 said:

I continue to be perplexed by this relationship.

[Kathryn and Danni]  It's simple.  Kathryn is the alcoholic/addict and Danni is the co-dependent.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Am I alone on the "Michael is nothing more than an actor/production plant" island?

He has worked for her since 2004 and moved from NY to Charleston with her so he is definitely not a plant.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I read about his bio/employment history in a Bravo piece, but I don't know, something just seems off to me.  Maybe it's just my aversion to the 'servant' vibe of it.  I'm confident in the notion that he would not be a part of the show if he were a person of color.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I read about his bio/employment history in a Bravo piece, but I don't know, something just seems off to me.  Maybe it's just my aversion to the 'servant' vibe of it.

Based on stories of people who have met him when visiting Charleston if it’s a shtick it’s one he is very committed to off camera and year round.

• Love 3