Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: Jesus, the Countess and Joseph

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Mannahatta said:

I must take umbrage with Dorinda and Sonya's Cool Sculpting segment later followed by an actual commercial for Cool Sculpting.  That was so tacky. (Although it was a tad more subtle than their movie commercial earlier in the season.) At any rate, the combo of bad acting with the shilling of random products just needs to stop.

Well, there weren’t any coupons for Coolsculpting on Coupon Cabin, so I am out.

9 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

There is a part of me that wishes the cameras catch this scenario on film. Luann effs up one too many times and is dropped by the Countess and Friends producers. Now Luann can only get shows in smaller venues. Because "Countess And Friends" is not owned by Luann her shows will now be called REHABARET WITH LUANN

Joking around liza minelli GIF by Fosse/Verdon

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, rehoboth said:

I agree that Tinsley's finances are none of their business but I do have a question about them myself.  When Tinsley first came, she stayed with Sonja for almost the entire season.  I thought it was because she was in some financial difficulty, had moved to NYC and needed some time to get her monies straightened out.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

Her in on the show was Sonja. There was no organic way to have her on there. Sonja got paid extra from production for the filming, and more air time. It was a win all around for Sonja. Sonja was miffed that Tinsley had more social capital than her, while at the same time working overtime to discredit and humiliate her at any and every opportunity. Sonja is seriously threatened by Tins. If I were Tinsley I'd get Machiavelli on Sonja's ass.  

• Love 24
39 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh man, The Countess is on WWHL lip syncing Feeling Jovani with a bunch of fabulous looking drag queens! 

And, WTF did Chrissy Tiegen do to her face?  She looks scary!!  

• Love 18
(edited)
6 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

While I loved that the Pinata was a Nutcracker so that Dorinda could get her aggression out, I didn't like Bethenny making fun of the ladies diving for the vibrators, sex toys. 

To be fair I did hear her include herself when she mentioned that. 

Oh, and what was with the comment Ramona made that she, Sonja, Dorinda, and Tinsley were a “different breed” than Barbara? What a B. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I can't believe the season is over. Doesn't filming usually go into the new year? It seems like the filming was over fewer months this season.

I believe filming started earlier than in the past few seasons. Bravo wanted to get cameras up as soon as possible after Dennis died.

It seems like they usually film from mid-late October to early March.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Two parties and a caberet show and...I've got nothing.  Poor finale.

My spidey sense is telling me that the women are coming for Tinsely because of some fourth wall shit.  Dorinda, especially, seemed to be talking in code.  I see Sonja being competitive with Tinsely.  But with Dorinda, Ramona and, from the previews, Bethenny, something else is going on.

Didn't Tinsley's marriage break up under circumstances similar to Sonja's?  I don't think Tinsley is capable of being honest with herself, and I think she has a hard time being honest with other people.  It comes across very clear to me now.

I am so over the caberet.  Luann...I've got nothing for you this time.  Sorry.

I finally realized one of the things that bothers me so much about Barbara--her goddamn voice!  It's like she's perpetually sucking on helium.  That can be helped with voice coaching too, which makes it more annoying.

Sonja had a good finale to a horrible season.  A overlall D performance.

Ramona is cool.  Good season Ramona.  Brava.  I expect you not to keep it up.

Yes, Bethenny had a piñata filled with Real! Diamonds! at the season eight finale.  She was just as manic about it as she was here with the sex toys and male strippers.  She acts like she invented the wheel with this pedestrian sexual shit.  I hate her vulgarity.  What exactly is a "s'mores and whores" party?  It's not even clever; it just rhymes.  At least be a modicum clever in you ploy to get attention. 

Did Bethenny's scene with the histrionics and hugging the housekeeper remind anyone else of Sandra Bullock in Crash when she played the snooty DA's wife who fell down the stairs and none of her friends would come to her aid, except her housekeeper, whom she hugged, and she wound up revealing to her husband Brendan Fraiser that her brush with death made her realize that her housekeeper was actually her best friend?  Yeah, me neither...

How many times has Bethenny now cheated death?  She was lost at sea, she couldn't stop vaginally bleeding, she inhaled fish on an airplane, she ate miso soup!  A lesser person would have lost their sanity at a restaurant.  

I cannot believe Bethenny is still trotting out the Dennis shtick even though she is now in a full-blown relationship.  For his family's sake and yours, give up the ghost.  Literally.

BUT--I'm at the point where I will back Bethenny if she comes for Tinsley with facts.  That is how much my opinion of Tinsely dropped.  It's a lesser of the two evils thing.

Bravo, please shake up this cast next year!  It was a cute season, but we need new blood badly.  This cast combo has run its course I think.

• Love 10

They did start filming earlier than they have during the last few seasons.  The earliest seasons we saw a lot more of filming in the Hamptons (which I really enjoyed).  The last few seasons they filmed later with little Hamptons, a Christmas break and then filming in January and February.  This year, filming ended before Christmas.  That's why the Bezerkshires was Halloween themed instead of Christmas/Holiday themed.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Well, there weren’t any coupons for Coolsculpting on Coupon Cabin, so I am out.

Joking around liza minelli GIF by Fosse/Verdon

If Countess and Friends goes belly up, Luann could also get a job running Cabar-A-A meetings

giphy.gif

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

After this season I’m convinced Luann doesn’t deserve friends. I too, don’t think it’s anyones business about Tinsley’s relationship with Scott or her finances. Sonja would be pissed off if she started in on her about it. Why do they think she is back with Scott? Do they know something we don’t?

• Love 19
(edited)

Dorinda has always seemed verbally entitled. And now she has a radio show. Yikes. Talk about feeding the demon. In time, she'll be the next LuAnn. If the tables were turned, and John treated her they way she treats him, he would have his own thread and 1,000 pages. 

Edited by itsadryheat
typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Yeah, I found the sex toys a little pathetic.

I think it was because it was a Smores and whores party.  Too bad they didn't' do a  tarts and vicars party.  

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

If Bethenny's allergies are that severe, and I do want to believe her about this, she should be carrying an epi pen or two.  And, of course, she should be carrying Tampax, too!  

Their purses are too small to carry things like tampons and epi pens.

1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

They showed it in the mid-season trailer too I think? And no, I’m pretty sure that scene never aired. Weird. 

Maybe be on the unseen footage at the reunion.

36 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

To be fair I did hear her include herself when she mentioned that. 

Oh, and what was with the comment Ramona made that she, Sonja, Dorinda, and Tinsley were a “different breed” than Barbara? What a B. 

Total snobbery.  

Maybe Luann rushed everyone out of the dressing room so she could do her pre performance blow.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Halloween was mentioned. We saw Christmas.....What a rip off! My Favorite Ho's got a short season. 

I think this season, there were only 17 episodes - aren't there usually more than that?  We are already up to Episode 20 of RHOBH, and the final episode hasn't aired yet.

I'd like to know how many of these 17 episodes contained scenes of either Bethenny and/or Tinsley crying.  Probably at least 15 of them!

I wonder if this season got cut short because of travel restrictions (they didn't travel outside of the U.S. - probably because Luann wasn't able/allowed)?  

I feel like I got cheated out of at least three episodes, and I definitely got cheated out of Christmas at Blue Stone Manor!  S'mores and whores at Christmastime at a rooftop venue in Manhattan just doesn't cut it for me!  

Plus, no reunion next week - we have to wait two weeks for it!  

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think this season, there were only 17 episodes - aren't there usually more than that?  We are already up to Episode 20 of RHOBH, and the final episode hasn't aired yet.

I'd like to know how many of these 17 episodes contained scenes of either Bethenny and/or Tinsley crying.  Probably at least 15 of them!

I wonder if this season got cut short because of travel restrictions (they didn't travel outside of the U.S. - probably because Luann wasn't able/allowed)?  

I feel like I got cheated out of at least three episodes, and I definitely got cheated out of Christmas at Blue Stone Manor!  S'mores and whores at Christmastime at a rooftop venue in Manhattan just doesn't cut it for me!  

Plus, no reunion next week - we have to wait two weeks for it!  

Due to Luann, they were not able to take a long trip.  Yet, she feels like she had to be the center of attention, getting special favors all season.  Ramona's party seemed really lame.  It paled in comparison to Bethenny's party.

• Love 9

I’m calling BS on Bethenny’s “near-death” experience. Do I think she had an allergic reaction to fish? Maybe, possibly. But do I think even more that she ginned up the story for storyline purposes with the added bonus of using her “illness” to get out of going to Luann and Ramona’s events? 100% yes.

For several years now she’s used various crises to get out of mandatory ho-wife events and I think this was more of the same. All the wives do it at some time or another. Heck look how many times Ramona hit an event only to scurry out minutes later because she had a “date”. 

I totally get why they’d want to skip things (who among us hasn’t ditched a work event at some time or another?), but these women are being paid beaucoup bucks just the show up. That’s like their entire job on the show. So Bethenny needs to suck it up and do so.

• Love 19
37 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

After this season I’m convinced Luann doesn’t deserve friends. I too, don’t think it’s anyones business about Tinsley’s relationship with Scott or her finances. Sonja would be pissed off if she started in on her about it. Why do they think she is back with Scott? Do they know something we don’t?

I get the feeling someone saw them together and in fact there is an article online that says they were sited after the reunion was filmed 

https://realityblurb.com/2019/05/21/photo-rhonys-tinsley-mortimer-and-scott-kluth-spotted-holding-hands-after-break-up-are-they-back-together/

It seems Scott is the one who breaks up with her and I bet would resume contact when he didn't have someone else.  Because she was ever hopeful that it would work out I think she found it hard to get out of the cycle.   He probably sent her gifts in the process but it looks like she has now really moved on.  I really don't think they needed to mop the floor with her over this.  I totally understand her situation and breaking up is hard to do.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I’m calling BS on Bethenny’s “near-death” experience. Do I think she had an allergic reaction to fish? Maybe, possibly. But do I think even more that she ginned up the story for storyline purposes with the added bonus of using her “illness” to get out of going to Luann and Ramona’s events? 100% yes.

For several years now she’s used various crises to get out of mandatory ho-wife events and I think this was more of the same. All the wives do it at some time or another. Heck look how many times Ramona hit an event only to scurry out minutes later because she had a “date”. 

I totally get why they’d want to skip things (who among us hasn’t ditched a work event at some time or another?), but these women are being paid beaucoup bucks just the show up. That’s like their entire job on the show. So Bethenny needs to suck it up and do so.

Yeah, Bethenny could learn a bit from Lu Anne - That's show biz

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

In the reunion clip it looked like all the filler dissolved.

Yes, when she cackles during the reunion her face looks way more normal. 

48 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I could be clouded by the fact that I like John. He seems like a decent enough guy. The type that you meet once and if he runs into you in a restaurant, he still remembers your name and buys you a drink.

Remember the rumor Bethanny started at one reunion about how John and Dorinda do coke? Maybe they are party friends. He does seem to show up at big events. And is never chilling at her house...

• Love 6
(edited)

I've been watching RHONYC since season one. I remember back then the criticism was that the women were nouveau riche and that the "old money" society types wouldn't appear on the show.

Ramona, Sonja, and Dorinda all married men with money. None of them grew up wealthy. In their minds, if the man is gone so is the money, because that has been the story for them. In my observation, Tinsley is as close to an "old money" type as this show is going to get. I think the women are projecting because they'd like to believe they are all in the same boat.

Tinsley seems like the richest one (besides obviously Bethenny).

Edited by Miss Slay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21
(edited)
11 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

Ramona, literally from day one (WATCH SEASON 1) leaves events to go do other things. In the very first season, Bethanny is doing her exact same shocked/flummoxed look (cut to TH bitching about it) when Ramona decides to take off unexpectedly. She even sent her daughter, who was 12 at the time and PETRIFIED home alone in a cab because she got an offer to go to a more fabulous party. Ramona just can not take advantage of what she thinks is an opportunity. She's an social adrenaline junkie. 

Bethanny has complained constantly about Luanne's cabaret and how she absolutely does not want to go to cabaret. It's like parents and piano lessons, or parents and church. You find every excuse in the world to not go. Why? Probably because you 1) don't like it, and 2) want to show your independence. Bethanny will not be controlled by Luanne. Bethanny WILL throw her own parties and be super happy because it's her party. She will boss her staff around and tell them to make things happen. She will sit back and smile, with what seems to be an honest to god happy face, that people are having a good time. However, if it's someone else's event, it's just not good enough for her. She needs bells and whistles, and at cabaret Luanne isn't there to make sure she is taken care of and the bar isn't stocked with Skinneygirl booze-like products. IMO. When Bethanny and Carole were friends, Carole ALWAYS had Skinneygirl at events she hosted. She even wore the shirts and stuff and would bring up SkinnyGirl in conversation like these products were a part of her life. Luanne would just never ever do that. I think the only one that would do that, MAYBE is Dorinda. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I can't wait to get to all the comments on here but phone is almost dead and I'm in bed...

Just how- HOW, pray tell, was LuAnn more tolerable than Bethenny this episode?

Tinsley may lose an apple bc nobody cares anymore and she's losing Dorinda now😬

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

How strange. Without going back too far, the last two years of NY had 19 episodes before the reunion shows. And as you have said, BH is on episode 20, but the last two years had 18 episodes each before the reunion shows. How odd that the number of epis are inconsistent both within a franchise itself from year to year, and from franchise to franchise. 

I really hope they didn't make this season shorter just because Lu couldn't travel out of the country. Who cares? She wasn't at the reunion last year because she checked into rehab, so why would they cut the season short because she can't travel? I think Bravo is taking their viewers for granted. 

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Bethanny has had WAY TOO MUCH facial work. She looks horrid when she makes expressions!

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

The stuff of nightmares. If there was ever a need to cast for a female Joker in a Batman movie, Bethenny would be an ideal choice. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

It seems like there are missing scenes between Tinsley’s dog dying and this final party scene where Dorinda is coming for her with a vengeance. Otherwise the push-back on Tinsley doesn’t make any sense.

Clearly Dorinda, Sonja and Ramona had discussion among themselves prior to this about Tinsley’s financial situation because they were all on the same page from the moment T entered Luann’s event. Both Dorinda and Sonja made specific mention of her dress. Not just the usual “it’s pretty”, but more a sideways comment about how nice it was (which to me read as commenting on its priciness). A couple other comments were made and T said she was picking up an edgy vibe from Dorinda.

Then later at Ramona’s thrown-together-to-spite-Luann party Dorinda was loaded for bear. And when she called Sonja and Ramona over they both joined right in without even needing to be caught up on what was being discussed. So something had to have happened towards the end of the season that put Tinsley on the outs with them but if there was footage, it got cut.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Then there is Lu's Mom wondering why birth control pills were not invented back when she was young.

94166553_ScreenShot2019-06-27at8_49_37PM.png.574c56aff5878e8cd71da8331bc41265.png

Kinda sad that I know this, but I don't think the woman pictured above is Luann's mom. Her mom is the silver haired lady wearing the same tacky fake diamond costume necklace Sonja donned.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Rahul said:

Kinda sad that I know this, but I don't think the woman pictured above is Luann's mom. Her mom is the silver haired lady wearing the same tacky fake diamond costume necklace Sonja donned.

You're right!  My bad.  :-)

2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Good grief.  We have to watch Beth cry again.  She almost died.

I know. It's torture. She just keeps torturing us with her tortuous tears. I wish the torture would stop.

Sorry Beth, your acid tears are not melting my heart.

• LOL 7
  • Love 15