Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: Jesus, the Countess and Joseph

• Start Topic

(edited)

Did anyone else see the Countess candle when they showed the merch? ( * Link below)  Someone needs to clue in Noel about that sleazy mustache.  Yikes!

I hope that Bethenny's housekeeper is paid every penny she is worth.  That poor woman must have to wear a lot of hats.  

Sonja's silver dress reminded me of the kind of thing girls used to make in home ec. classes back in the 70's.  Either that or something my aunt would have made to wear to her work Christmas party.  Just remembered her interview on the Juicy Scoop podcast a couple of weeks ago.  If you haven't heard it, do yourself a favor and look it up, episode 347.  

*  https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a989e491aef1d29505d5fb9/5c008a9ab8a045661dea201e/5c008af3c2241b64dd5763be/1543539455078/Countess+Candle.jpg?format=500w

Edited by ichbin
spelling
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

You can get lots of funny candles in this "religious" mode.  My sister has given me several funny ones.  They are still good candles!

I currently have Bill Murray, Freddie Mercury, Bea Arthur, Prince, and Florence Welch gracing my bookcase.

The Beetlejuice ones are packed away with the Halloween stuff.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

You'll never convince me Bethenny didn't embellish if not out right fake her "near death" experience because Dorinda, Sonja and Luann were getting their time in the spotlight.  God forbid ANYBODY be the center of attention except Bethenny. Seriously, her need for attention and adulation is pathological. She can not handle when other women are getting attention and taking the focus off her.

You might be on to something.

Especially considering the repeated occurrences and the plane story that started falling apart under the slightest scrutiny. 

• Love 22

Dorinda was the one who brought up Tins and Scott so she should shut up about Tins defending herself. And Ramona and Sonja need to shut it too, Ramona is probably banging Mario and Sonja is probably banging Harry and all her ex’s.

A piñata with sex toys! 

Those Novena candles are kind of cool in a way. 

Can’t wait until the reunion(s). 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Thumper said:

You can get lots of funny candles in this "religious" mode.  My sister has given me several funny ones.  They are still good candles!

I have a Tim Riggins candle. #texasforever

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

I’m surprised too. Tinsley has beautiful clothes and purses etc and it’s her business how she gets them - all Dorinda gets is free dry cleaning.

Beth, the women have eyes and can see the vibrators and condoms without you screaming “SEX TOYS! SEX TOYS!” 

I don't get it with Bethenny - she really has to equate everything to something sexual.  Even a friggin' holiday pinata.  Why not fill it with mini alcohol bottles, or other fun adult trinkets, other than sex toys.  Luann and Sonja diving for the vibrators?  I guess Sonja may have melted her other one by putting too close the heating element in her dishwasher.  

Didn't Bethenny do a pinata at another party in a past season?  I seem to remember that, and she filled it with lots of costume jewelry, except for one or two real pieces.  

2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The “explosive” comment caught on an open mic was Barbara saying Luann can’t sing?  Luann is the only one that thinks Luann can sing.

Barbara is definitely NOT coming back next season - girl can't even remember she is mic'd!!  Although, I agree 1,000% with her, she's going to have to answer for that comment!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The “explosive” comment caught on an open mic was Barbara saying Luann can’t sing?  Luann is the only one that thinks Luann can sing.

Right? And it wasn’t like she was screaming it out for all to hear she was telling her friend the truth she couldn’t do full on concerts cause she can’t sing.  It’s not a lie she is like florence foster jenkins or little edie beale they aren’t going to hear her great signing it’s the spectacle of it all the joke ....you can be friends with someone and be honest she can’t sing lol

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Why the gangup on Tins? It’s no one’s business about Scott and I think she has her own money to buy her own stuff. And they are being very insensitive about Bambi. These bitches are not her friends.

31 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

OK.  Since Luann’s mother didn’t use birth control and had 7 kids, we have to suffer through Luann and her cabaret?  Good to know.

I’m not sure what difference it makes to anyone else if Tinsley is still with Scott or not.  And, she comes from money, so, what’s the big deal?

I don't think Tinsley has any money - while she isn't as destitute as Sonja, she doesn't have old money access. Before her marriage to Topper her family had some money for being successful merchants but Tinsley's dad blew through most of the money. To the point where Dale had to step in so they woudn't be thrown out in the streets.

Tinsley did get a decent settlement from her divorce from Topper, but old money is tied up in estate trusts. So while she got some money she sure as heck didn't get half. I put her in a similar boat as Luann - while all Luann got was the Bridgehampton House, Tinsley probably got 5M

Tinsley's business ventures tanked. She blew threw her divorce settlement.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I don't get it with Bethenny - she really has to equate everything to something sexual.  Even a friggin' holiday pinata.  Why not fill it with mini alcohol bottles, or other fun adult trinkets, other than sex toys.  Luann and Sonja diving for the vibrators?  I guess Sonja may have melted her other one by putting too close the heating element in her dishwasher.  

Didn't Bethenny do a pinata at another party in a past season?  I seem to remember that, and she filled it with lots of costume jewelry, except for one or two real pieces.  

Yeah, I found the sex toys a little pathetic.

• Love 18
36 minutes ago, Quita said:

Once again I'm stating that I'm in the minority of those who actually like Bethenny, and I felt for her when she was crying to her housekeeper. Sometimes, you just need a mom hug and we all know she doesn't speak to her mom, so I was sad for her that the only one to give her that comfort was her housekeeper. My mom passed away two years ago and I miss her every day and know what it's like to need that motherly affection and not have it. And it's not the same to get it from your spouse or significant other. There are times you just want your mom.

Sonja shouldn't concern herself about how Tinsley affords her lifestyle, whether that's through her family or Scott. She seems very jealous of Tins. Worry about your own finances or lack thereof, Sonja.

I like Bethenny too and really felt for her this season. I totally understand how scared she must have been with the severe reaction, I think most of the fear was ' if I die what happens to Bryn' not really afraid for her self. 

• Love 18
(edited)

In the first half of the episode Bethenny was driving me nuts.  I get that she had an allergic reaction but:  telling the cameras that Dennis was pulling her from the other side, this other fucked up shit, I mean come on!!!!!!!!!!  She uses every opportunity to invoke his name!

Second half of the episode I was just like, I wish I had a friend like Bethenny who would invite me to a Smores N Whores party.  That was awesome.

I don't find sex toys and condoms scandalous or tacky at all.   It's fun and the women loved it.  It wasn't a Tupperware party ---  it had the word "Whores" right in the title.

I'll never like Barbara.  I'd be so pissed if I was Sonja and my surprise was ruined!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 19

My thoughts on Ramona/Dorinda going at Tinsley

I've said it before Sonja and Tinsley are the same person with a 10 year difference in age. They have the same story line.

Both are attracted to men in their late 20's early 30's. These are the guys that do it for them emotionally and sexually. None of these men will ever marry them. So they will turn to someone older with money in the hopes of marriage.

Both married old money and are divorced. Both blew threw their settlements, but lie about their finances.

Sonja is threatened by Tinsley - she is afraid her apple is in jeopardy if 2 women have the same story line. If it comes down to a choice - who does Bravo pick as the apple keeper?

Dorinda got close to Sonja this season, so she is protective of Sonja and wants Sonja to stay

Ramona has always been close to Sonja and feels the same - she'd take Sonja over Tinsley any day.

This Scott conversation, was to show where they (Dorinda/Ramona) stand

• Useful 7
  • Love 10
(edited)

So.... A little bit of fish will put Bethenny into anaphylactic shock? Wowza.  Wonder if Jason knows that? EPI PEN! You can afford two! or fifty! Lawdy, they are expensive!

And is it just me, or did I hear that Tinsley had Bambi frozen, to be thawed out later, for a VIEWING???

What the bloody hell!  Girl needs some serious psychiatric help! STAT!

Edited by goofygirl
As usual, typing!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I like Bethenny too and really felt for her this season. I totally understand how scared she must have been with the severe reaction, I think most of the fear was ' if I die what happens to Bryn' not really afraid for her self. 

I'm not a Beth fan, but I felt for her in this regard, too.

Also -- as a peri-menopausal woman, yes, she should be carrying tampon supplies with her at all times.   We all learn this.   Not relying on other people and then making caustic remarks about them not needing tampons.  

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Didn't Lu invite the girls to her dressing room before she ushered them out?

Did Ramona really say, while in Rome do as in Rome?  WTF?

Seems like Bethenny would learn to carry Tampax and Benedryl in her purse at all times, since she seems to be always bleeding or having a near death experience due to allergies.  Hell, I would be afraid to even eat out.

I love Ramona! Gwack Ah Moe lah!

PS the Ramona black lacy dress - was that the same dress she wore to Sonja's Paper Magazine party?

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Why the gangup on Tins? It’s no one’s business about Scott and I think she has her own money to buy her own stuff. And they are being very insensitive about Bambi. These bitches are not her friends.

Ita. When did Dorinda become the dating police and why is she so obsessed with Tinsley's wardrobe? I think Tinsley has plenty of cash flow without Scott. Is this a thing, where if you have a boyfriend  he pays all your bills and buys you beaucoups of clothes? Dorinda must be miffed at Tinsley's for something other than this. I like her sometimes but she can be really vicious.  

Also, I just can't with Luann anymore. 

And Sonja - I like her but that silver outfit really looked like crap.. she needs a boyfriend to get her a new wardrobe.

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

She did. 

She had a Mexico-themed party after the original Tequila trip got cancelled and the pinata was filled with costume and (I believe) one real piece for each of the women.

• Love 5

At the beginning of the season there was a preview of upcoming episodes and one was of Dorinda screaming into the phone to someone saying you are going to lose me. Was this ever in one of the episodes? Admittedly I half watched some of these shows so I might have missed it.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

At the beginning of the season there was a preview of upcoming episodes and one was of Dorinda screaming into the phone to someone saying you are going to lose me. Was this ever in one of the episodes? Admittedly I half watched some of these shows so I might have missed it.  

They showed it in the mid-season trailer too I think? And no, I’m pretty sure that scene never aired. Weird. 

• Love 13

While I don't particularly like Luann as she's been a total asshole, I do like her for the show. She can be very entertaining to me as a viewer.

I do wish her success and if she can keep it under control her Cabaret should last for a while. So good for her on collecting steady coin. As long as the producer's (who are taking the biggest cut) are making money, she'll be able to keep touring. If she messes up and can't perform her 2 shows a month - they will cut her off and move on to the next business venture.

There is a part of me that wishes the cameras catch this scenario on film. Luann effs up one too many times and is dropped by the Countess and Friends producers. Now Luann can only get shows in smaller venues. Because "Countess And Friends" is not owned by Luann her shows will now be called REHABARET WITH LUANN

• LOL 18
  • Love 5

I agree that Tinsley's finances are none of their business but I do have a question about them myself.  When Tinsley first came, she stayed with Sonja for almost the entire season.  I thought it was because she was in some financial difficulty, had moved to NYC and needed some time to get her monies straightened out.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Love 3