Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E26 Milla LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  LIVE CHATS happen in episode time.  Do not spoil the LIVE CHATS with any external info. Let's enjoy the ride together. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

It fixing to storm here again. We had a storm come through Friday and did a lot of damage. I didn't have electricity for 10 hours and some people were out for 3 days.

That happened to a friend of mine near Callaway Gardens.   The only time I have been out that long  is after a tornado or hurricane.  I think the longest was a week.  It was dreadful.

Just now, Stusan said:

I missed you, peeps!

I've been on vacation the past three Wednesdays (out of the country) so I've missed our live chats.

Happy to be here!

I hope you had a great vacation!

3 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Maybe just a momentary weakness so he could wrap his strong arms around you.

And murmur words of encouragement in his smooth, mellow, melodious voice......

1 minute ago, Stusan said:

I missed you, peeps!

I've been on vacation the past three Wednesdays (out of the country) so I've missed our live chats.

Happy to be here!

Welcome back! 

• Love 2
Just now, cmpbl said:

I hope you had a great vacation!

Well, I was taking care of both generation - both my parents and my kids - so this is my vacation from my vacation...

• Love 5
Just now, Twopper said:

That happened to a friend of mine near Callaway Gardens.   The only time I have been out that long  is after a tornado or hurricane.  I think the longest was a week.  It was dreadful.

I l ive in a small town and we had over 9000 people without electricity. We had trees down everywhere.

1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

This seems to be going too well.... or am I being cynical as usual?

The way this season has gone.....her ortho has just cancelled dun dun dun

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

It's not fair she doesn't have a gobbleneck and I do!

It is fascinating how weight is distributed on individuals, I've recently gained 10lbs and I can see a double chin! at 112 lbs.  However; no "bat wings"

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

We need an update on James K, even if it is just two hours of watching him lay in his own filth.  That episode gave us the best comments and greatest snarkfest ever.

I'm with you on that.  This episode is b o r i n g.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, aliya said:

I didn't know that. Why didn't she go, even in a wheelchair? Some people can't handle the funeral of someone so close to them, so I'll reserve any comments until I know why she didn't go.  

As I recall, all she said was that she "wasn't able to go" while she lay in bed and then nothing else. I never watched a Supersized episode on her so maybe there was more information about that during that show? If anyone knows different, I'm all ears.

8 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Muscle atrophy and joint issues.  Plus a lot of psychological ones - and human mind is a powerful thing, both in terms of placebo effect and nocebo effect.  I have been reading up on pain catastrophizing - that's a fairly recent concept in mainstream pain management - how you react to pain has a huge impact on long-term outcomes.

Nocebo effect?   That's a new one for me.   Thanks TLC, I am actually learning something.  Well, actually no thanks to TLC, just thanks to Hellga, but then if it were not for TLC I wouldn't have learned it from Hellga.     

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

The way this season has gone.....her ortho has just cancelled dun dun dun

I missed it. One minute she was waiting for surgery, I guess I blinked, and the next thing, she was talking about getting a hotel room. What happened?

1 minute ago, toodles said:

We need an update on James K, even if it is just two hours of watching him lay in his own filth.  That episode gave us the best comments and greatest snarkfest ever.

Didn't he die ? He's the 'Ow My Leg ! '  fattie wasn't he ?James K

Just now, Stusan said:

Well, I was taking care of both generation - both my parents and my kids - so this is my vacation from my vacation...

I feel for you.  I would much rather go to work than put in a full day of providing care and doing housework.  

• Love 2
Just now, aliya said:

I missed it. One minute she was waiting for surgery, I guess I blinked, and the next thing, she was talking about getting a hotel room. What happened?

Her ortho surgeon couldn’t make it and they sent her away

• Love 1
Just now, aliya said:

The surgeon had an emergency so they had to cancel.

Just now, aliya said:

Her surgeon had an emergency and canceled her surgery.

Just now, buffo said:

Didn't he die ? He's the 'Ow My Leg ! '  fattie wasn't he ?James K

Nice hard trying Kelly died and James K continues to lay alive in filth

• Love 2
1 minute ago, cmpbl said:

Why can they not do the knee replacement where she lives?

I'm going with TV show.  I travelled with a friend to Oregon from CA for her surgery.  They cancelled after having her fully prepped and making her sit in the pre-surgery area for hours.  We were not amused. 

1 minute ago, Wanda said:

Possibly the skin removal

It's a vertical scar straight up the spine.  Looks like she had spinal surgery.  

1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I'm going with TV show.  I travelled with a friend to Oregon from CA for her surgery.  They cancelled after having her fully prepped and making her sit in the pre-surgery area for hours.  We were not amused. 

4 minutes ago, Wanda said:

That's awful.  I'd give that hospital a blistering review.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, DEG9 said:

"nocebo" Thanks for the new word. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Nocebo effect?   That's a new one for me.   

I guess it's not talked about as much as the placebo, so it hasn't entered the common lexicon.  

My funniest experience with nocebo effect was when a popular birth control pill, Yasmin, went generic about 10 years ago.  There was an authorized generic - the same exact medication made by the same company, just packaged to look different and with a different name - and internet exploded with posts how "I never experienced any problems with Yasmin and now on this Ocella thing they switched me to I have nausea/spotting/whatever".  And it's literally the exact same thing, it's just their preconceived notions driving their physical symptoms. 

Edited by Hellga
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

You know that has to be disappointing to have your surgery canceled. I wouldn't have been that nice.....I don't think. 

I was in the middle of a sleep study. Had taken the meds, was hooked up with the electrodes and had fallen asleep, late at night, when the tech woke me up and said she needed to leave as her mother, who was in the same hospital, had taken a turn for the worse and she needed to be with her. She was extremely apologetic but I had to leave also. I told her not to worry, I was ok to drive (I actually wasn’t but didn’t want her to feel badly). Scared my husband shitless when I walked into the house at 1 am. He was furious but whatcha gonna do. Stuff happens.

• Love 3

I think Milla might be the first person we've seen actually weighed prior to surgery.

Dr Now really likes Milla. It's good to see him not yelling at someone for a change.

9 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

I l ive in a small town and we had over 9000 people without electricity. We had trees down everywhere.

Hurricane Wilma 2005. Roof blew off the top of my house while I was in it!

• Love 1