Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 8

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

CW Is Planning Another 'Arrow' Spinoff
By Philiana Ng‍ 11:51 AM PDT, August 4, 2019
https://www.etonline.com/cw-is-planning-another-arrow-spinoff-129807

The CW is planning to expand the Arrow-verse after the flagship series ends with its final 10 episodes. CW President Mark Pedowitz revealed Sunday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour that the network is looking to add another DC series. 

While details on the potential new series are being kept close to the vest, including which DC character it could possibly center on, Pedowitz confirmed that it would be set in the same universe as Arrow.

The series is being eyed for the 2020-21 television season.

News of The CW's plans to continue the Arrow universe surfaced when Pedowitz was asked about the likelihood of an Arrow spinoff featuring the next generation of stars, who were first introduced in the series' seventh season. (Katherine McNamara plays Oliver and Felicity's daughter Mia and Joseph David-Jones plays William, Diggle's son.) 

"Nothing's ever 100 percent done. You learn that over time. There's a possibility but we haven't fully had a discussion of what that storyline would do," Pedowitz said. "Right now, we're looking at another property for next season."

ARROW at TCA: Live-Blog
August 4, 2019 by Marisa Roffman   
http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2019/08/04/arrow-at-tca-live-blog/ 

11:59 AM: “We pick up a week later,” Beth Schwartz says of when the season premiere starts. Stephen Amell jokes it’s as long as his hair is between seasons, so about six weeks.

12:00 PM “It’s been really emotional,” Amell says. “Every episode this year feels like we’re trying to put a button on certain parts of the show.”

“This year is fundamentally different,” he continues. “The episodes are events. The show as we constructed it ended as Emily left.”
12:04 PM: How can there be a happy ending if Oliver might die? “I think when I read about this online, they’re thinking about things in a very binary way: things will either be X or Y. I think we have Z planned.”

12:05 PM: “I do a ton [of stunts],” Amell says. He did a big sequence last week.

12:06 PM: “We like to bring him back every season,” Schwartz says of Colin Donnell. “We have a lot of guest coming back…the whole season is like our greatest hits. We’re tying up stories you may have seen in season 3 or 2.”
12:11 PM: The crossover will be hour 8 of the series. “Ever since we started doing Crisis, it was how many different corners of the DC universe can we touch,” Guggenheim says. They want to get as many things, CW and not, involved. Ramsey is a “huge fan” of BLACK LIGHTNING and is excited to potentially work with them.
12:14 PM: “The space has been closed; Diggle is always on Oliver’s side,” Ramsey says of Oliver and Diggle. “The relationship gets even tighter…some of that reconciliation has happened.”
12:16 PM: “I’m fascinated by directing, but it’s more interesting to me to check in on Katie who had day 1 of her directing on Friday,” Amell says of whether he’ll direct.

‘Arrow’ Final Season to Take Place in Earth-1 Timeline
Margeaux Sippell | August 4, 2019
https://www.thewrap.com/arrow-final-season-to-take-place-in-earth-1-timeline/

The eighth and final season of The CW’s “Arrow” series will take place in the primary timeline on Earth-1, executive producer Beth Schwartz confirmed to TV critics Sunday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.
Series star Stephen Amell added that Season 8 will take place in 2019, with Schwartz clarifying that the final season will “pick up a week” after where the Season 7 finale left off.
“The whole season is leading up to ‘Crisis’ and the crossover we’ve never done before. And like Stephen said, Season 7 ended our normal structure of how the show’s been, and this year, because we’re leading up to something spectacular, we’re allowed to have huge event episodes, and we’re allowed to bring characters back that we haven’t seen in a while,” Schwartz said. “Each episode is humongous. It’s not like anything we’ve seen on the show before.”
“It’s been really emotional. Every episode this year feels like we’re trying to put a button on a certain part of the show,” he said. “And I got a chance to work with actors and characters that I haven’t had a chance to work with in a bunch of years.”
“We’ve had a character come to Oliver and say, ‘You’re gonna die,'” Guggenheim said, addressing the ending of the show, which necessitates Oliver’s death. “Whenever I read about this online, people are asking us questions, they’re thinking about things in a very binary way, that the ending will either be X or Y. All I would say is that we have Z planned.”

Stephen Amell Says Arrow as We Knew It 'Ended When Emily Left'
By Lindsay MacDonald | Aug 4, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-8-stephen-amell-emily-bett-rickards-exit/ 

"The whole season is basically our greatest hits," said showrunner Beth Schwartz. "We're kind of tying up some stories you could have seen in Season 3 or 2."

"Every episode this year feels like were trying to put a button on a certain part of the show," added star Stephen Amell. "And I've [gotten] a chance to work with actors and characters, thus far, that I haven't had a chance to work with in a bunch of years."

"I think that the show as people understood it and its sort of structure — I think it ended in our Season 7 finale," Amell continued. "This year is fundamentally different. The episodes are events. To me, the show as we constructed it ended when Emily [Bett Rickards] left."

The CW Plots Another ‘Arrow’ Spinoff As It Moves Into Next Phase Of DC Comics World – TCA
By Peter White August 4, 2019
https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-cw-plots-another-arrow-spinoff-dc-comics-1202660964/ 

Pedowitz said that there’s a “possibility” of an Arrow spin-off but that it is prioritizing another DC Comics property for next season, without giving any details.

“The fact that seven years ago, we introduced Arrow, who would have thought it would have spawned six shows, a whole universe that they managed to create. It’s quite a remarkable feat,” he added.
The latter, which stars Ruby Rose as Batwoman, launches on October 6. Pedowitz said that the show, which was developed by Greg Berlanti and Caroline Dries, was the “next evolution” of the strand. “It’s the next step to do something. We believe these franchises, this universe will continue for many years, so it’s important to ensure that you have characters that will keep the fans coming back. How that universe plays out, time will tell,” he added.

Stephen Amell Says 'Arrow' Already Ended in Season 7, Season 8 Is Something Else
Fred Topel | August 4, 2019
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/stephen-amell-says-arrow-already-ended-in-season-7-season-8-is-something-else.html/ 

Emily Bett Rickards left Arrow at the end of season 7. Any Arrow without Felicity won’t be the real Arrow, but it will still be cool.
“I think that the show, as people have understood it and its structure I think it ended in our Season 7 finale,” Amell said. “This year is fundamentally different. The episodes are events. And, to me, the show, as we constructed it, ended when Emily left.”
Most seasons of Arrow pick up half a year after the previous one. This time, the season premiere is only a few weeks after the end of season 7.
“However long my hair is relative to the end of Season 7 in the premiere is how long we took,” Amell said. “I’d say more like six weeks.”
“I don’t do as many stunts as I did in the first season,” Amell said. “I do a ton. I did a giant stunt sequence on Friday evening/Saturday morning.”

Edited by tv echo

“Arrow” Final Season: Episode 8 Crosses Over, 9 and 10 Provide “Proper Finale,” Producers Say – TCA
By Diane Haithman   August 4, 2019
https://deadline.com/2019/08/arrow-final-season-episode-8-crosses-over-9-and-10-provide-proper-finale-producers-say-tca-1202661047/ 

Guggenheim identified Episode 8 (808) as the previously -announced crossover episode with its fellow DC series, which Guggenheim is writing with Marv Wolfman.

After the session, Guggenheim said the final two episodes will not connect with Episode 8.  “Episode 9 is very specific, we know exactly what happens in it” although it is too early to reveal details, he said. Episode 10 will be “a proper series finale,” he added.

Schwartz confirmed guest casting discussions happening across the DC universe but that crossover casting remains incomplete and  producers ere not ready to reveal any more return visits or final casting for Season 8.

After the session, Guggenheim confirmed discussions with DC and Warner Bros. about a Lynda Carter return, but said he did not think that would happen. However, in a discussion with reporters after the session, he complained mildly about rumors spawned by “illegitimate outlet” Cosmic Book News when it announced that Carter as Wonder Woman and Tom Welling’s Superman were definitely cast for Season 8.

“I don’t ever comment on casting, but it always vexes me if an illegitimate outlet just makes up stuff,” he said.

John Stewart’s Green Lantern Will Appear In Crisis On Infinite Earths
By Christian Bone August 5, 2019
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/john-stewarts-green-lantern-crisis-infinite-earths/ 

We Got This Covered has been informed by our sources – the same ones who told us the real Mandarin will be the villain in Shang-Chi, and that Wonder Woman will don her Golden Eagle armor in the sequel, both of which were later confirmed – that David Ramsey will be playing a different version of Diggle from another Earth in the event who will be identified as John Stewart. Fans have been keeping their fingers crossed that all those clues about this over the past year would lead up to something in “Crisis” and, from what we’re hearing, their wish has been granted.

Stephen Amell and David Ramsey on the End of Arrow | TV Insider
Published on Aug 5, 2019, by TV Insider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrT-0yXkVok

-- On what he would like to see in this final season for his character, DR: "Personally, I would love to see Diggle with his sons, um, but that'll happen. So, I mean, there's not much." 

-- Damian Holbrook: "I met your son last night. Charlie." DR: "He's great. Charlie's fantastic." SA: "Is he good?" DR: "I haven't met him, but I've heard that he's great."

-- Damian Holbrook: "Since, you know, you talked about it having a happy ending, I just talked to Marc Guggenheim. He said that he, you know, came up with the idea, talked to you, and you cried when you heard his last idea." SA: "Yeah." Holbrook: "So obviously you don't want to reveal any of that, but how do you feel the fans will feel about this?" SA (smiling): "Oh, it's a series finale they're going to hate." DR (laughing): "As all series finales go." SA: "Honestly, we're going to do our very best to stick the landing. I think that, um, knowing from - knowing from the beginning of Season 7 that Season 8 was going to be end has, um, given us a ton of momentum."

-- SA: "[Marc's] so excited about Crisis... It feels to me like this is - like Crisis is like the highlight of his career. He's so pumped." They then mentioned that MG was going to write the crossover episode with Marv Wolfman.

Edited by tv echo

The CW Is Planning Tribute Specials for Supernatural and Arrow
By RUSS BURLINGAME - August 5, 2019
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/06/the-cw-planning-tribute-specials-supernatural-arrow/ 

The CW will air tribute specials honoring both Supernatural and Arrow in the respective shows' final seasons, according to network head Mark Pedowitz. The episodes will follow in the same general format as the tribute episode aired during Jane the Virgin's final season earlier this year. The CW has toyed with these sorts of specials in the past, with Arrow getting a "Year One" special in 2013 that recapped the show's first season. Legends of Tomorrow also earned a sort of introductory special before the series debuted, which was titled "Their Time Is Now."
“We thought that the tribute special that appeared on Jane the Virgin this year was well-done,” CW chief Mark Pedowitz told reporters at the TCA. “We’re planning tribute specials for Arrow, as well as Supernatural.”

Arrow Boss Teases Series Finale, Whether Green Lantern Will Appear
By Chris E. Hayner  August 5, 2019
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/arrow-boss-teases-series-finale-whether-green-lant/1100-6468894/

There's one thing executive producer Marc Guggenheim cleared up after a panel for the show at the TCA press tour, though. The final episodes of Arrow will not be tied up in the fallout of the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover that will help close the series out.

"I would say Episode 9 is very specific. We know exactly what happens in it. It's not related to the crossover," Guggenheim explained to a small group of press. "And it's too early for me to talk about exactly what that episode is. But it's, you know, if we do it right, it'll be really special. And then Episode 10 will be a proper series finale."
There's been plenty of fan speculation about John Diggle (David Ramsey) ending up as the Green Lantern in the Arrow-verse. Then, in 2018's Elseworlds crossover event, the show directly referenced a possible connection between the two characters. While the chances of a full-blown Green Lantern series starring Ramsey are slim at best, Arrow isn't done having a bit of fun with the possibility.

"We've got we have a very specific moment in mind for the series finale, that our hope is it'll be satisfying to the fans, without getting me in trouble with my bosses at Warner Brothers," Guggenheim teased of Diggle's connection to Green Lantern.

Arrow's Stephen Amell Reveals How Oliver Will Move Forward Without Felicity in Season 8 [VIDEO]
Lindsay MacDonald   August 6, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-8-stephen-amell-david-ramsey-felicity-absence/

-- SA: "Well, she's ever-present in Oliver's mind. We found, um, Oliver can't wear his wedding ring in the premiere for a very specific reason, but he can wear it in the second episode. And it wasn't built into the script, but I spoke with our director, Antonio Negret, and we built a moment of Oliver putting his ring back on and just thinking about it. So Emily's gone, off the show, and, um - but Felicity and William and Mia are ever-present in Oliver's mind."

-- DR: "You can't have this season of Arrow without talking about Mia and - and Felicity. And I think there's even talks that perhaps Emily will be back. Who knows? So, you know, there's hope."

-- SA: "I don't want to play the entire last season being morose. The big thing for me is, if Felicity is the love of Oliver's life and when she says, 'whatever happens, I'll find you,' he believes her. So that gives him - that gives him purpose and allows him to move forward because, you know, he knows that somewhere along the way, in the immortal words of Chris Cooper from The Town, 'This side or the other,' uh, they'll find each other."

Arrow Final Season: Stephen Amell Reveals If Emily Bett Rickards Will Return (Full Interview)
Published on Aug 6, 2019, by Entertainment Tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ajjvekheVM

-- On whether we'll see the salmon ladder this season, SA: "Yeah, in the premiere. There's a shirtless salmon ladder in the premiere."

-- On his initial reaction when Greg Berlanti painted the picture of how Arrow ends, SA: "Well, we've actually been in discussions basically since the middle of Season 6 about Oliver's exit and how that ultimately happens... I actually know less about this year than I typically know. And I've been excited... Every episode feels like a special episode... Episode 1 feels like, um, it's just an ode to Season 1. And episode 2 really leans on Season 3. And episode 3 is just all about family... But they all feel like they have a theme. Like, you know when they do a promo and they go, 'on a very special episode of'? That's what every episode this year feels like. I actually don't know a great deal beyond episode 3 right now."

-- On him previously teasing that we can expect a happy ending, SA: "That's just because I love all series finales. I love Seinfeld. I like Lost... I think it's going to be happy because there's - there's a resolution... That doesn't mean that it won't be sad. But I personally think that it's a happy ending. It is for me. I don't care about anyone else."

-- On the chances of getting a Mia and Oliver scene, SA: "They're pretty good... Kat's wonderful. I haven't gotten to work with her yet, obviously... I watched her do a fantastic scene last night in episode 803, um, because I was behind the monitors with, uh, Katie Cassidy, um, because she's directing." SA then said that KM shadowed James Bamford when he directed 801.

-- On what the conversations are like between EBR and him about returning to Arrow for one more episode, SA: "Those aren't conversations that the two of us have to have. As a fan of the show - does that sound weird to say? ... I'm a fan of our show... I would love her to come back. As her friend, I respect whatever her decision is. Um, I think, probably not."

-- On EBR not being on Arrow this season, SA: "She's one of my best friends and it's tough not having her there, because Oliver's a dick sometimes and - and the levity of Emily's character, you know, always - it was there. I'm actually purposefully trying this year to not take scenes where I might be a little morose and, because we'd always have the juxtaposition of Felicity, we don't have that this year. So, um, believe it or not, here's a scoop for you, I tell a joke or two. Yeah. Try to be humorous... It doesn't work... I heard a rumor that the character in the comics is quick-witted and sort of funny, so we're trying to incorporate that, you know, right before the show's done." Leanne Aguilera: "Get a little bit of Barry Allen in there." SA: "No, get a little bit of, like, canon Oliver Queen!"

-- On getting his S1 pilot's bow back from child fan Sara at SDCC but not being able to keep it for himself, SA: "Oh, here's a scoop for you. Uh, one of the reasons that they want me to give it back is because in Season 8 Oliver is using his Season 1 bow, which magically appears because the Dark Archer broke it."

-- About the COIE crossover, SA: "The only thing that I can tease is that there are no rules. And I'm playing two characters... I saw that character's costume today. It was great... No, I didn't try it on. I saw concept art for something that I'm going to be doing in the crossover." Leanne Aguilera: "Is it a character that we know?" SA: "Nope. Never appeared on screen before."

Arrow “Welcome To Hong Kong” Returning Guest Confirmed
August 8, 2019 Craig Byrne 
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrows-welcome-to-hong-kong-features-a-returning-guest/

The speculation is correct – The character of Tatsu Yamashiro (Katana) as played by Rila Fukushima will indeed be in the second episode of Arrow Season 8 which is called “Welcome To Hong Kong.”

“I think Tatsu being in Episode Two was awesome,” Stephen Amell dropped in our interview at the recent Television Critics Association press tour, giving away the big surprise.

Colton Haynes No Longer A Series Regular For Arrow Season 8
August 8, 2019 Craig Byrne
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/colton-haynes-no-longer-a-series-regular-for-arrow-season-8/

While Colton Haynes returned to being a series regular for the seventh season of Arrow last year, he will not be one when the show returns for its 8th and final season, though all hope is not lost for seeing him again.

“We hope to have him back,” Executive Producer Beth Schwartz told us in an interview this weekend at the Television Critics Association press tour.

While Colton will no longer a series regular, Schwartz has nothing but praise for the man who portrays Roy Harper. “We love him and he’s obviously one of the foundations of the show,” she said.

CW series plan to go out on a high note
By LYNN ELBE  August 9, 2019
https://www.columbian.com/news/2019/aug/09/cw-series-plan-to-go-out-on-a-high-note/

“Arrow” star Amell was asked how to square his recent claim of a happy ending for the show, despite rumors that his character Oliver Queen, aka Green Arrow, doesn’t survive.

“That’s not a spoiler,” Amell replied, prompting Guggenheim to jump in.

While a character did tell Oliver that he’s going to die, the producer said, there’s more than one way to consider possible outcomes. He then proceeded to muddy the waters.

“When I read about this online and people are asking us questions, they’re thinking about things in a very binary way, that the ending will either be X or Y. And all I would say is, I think we have Z planned,” Guggenheim said.

-- SA: "[Grant Gustin] is my favorite person as a guest star to work with. I love working with him. I actually have a pitch that I pitched to our writer last night about Oliver and Barry's last interaction. I hope it happens... And also it's been really, really fun just watching Grant grow into, you know, such an awesome leadership role. And, um, again, by being first, like, I'm sort of like the de facto captain of the ship. But when I'm gone, he will be, and he is more than capable."

-- SA: "Certainly, I've read the first three episodes, but there's just - doing scenes that are very familiar, um, on purpose. And, um, doing those scenes with Colin [Donnell], um, especially the way that the first episode ends, it's cool."

-- This Olicity part of the TV Guide interview was previously published above.

Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell Talks ARROW - San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Interview [VIDEO]
By COMICBOOK.COM STAFF - August 2, 2019 06:22 pm 
https://comicbook.com/2019/08/02/video-stephen-amell-talks-arrow-san-diego-comic-con-2019-interview/

- Interviewer: "There's a lot of these revivals going on. It feels to me like Season 8 is a revival. Like, the finale was the finale, and now you guys are back." SA: "Yeah. Quite right. The - 722, to my mind, played like a series finale. And I'm a big fan of reaction videos - tell no one. I'm a big fan of reaction videos and one of the things I enjoyed was like everyone was like, 'hah, this is like a series finale.' It's very much like a series finale. The series - the way that people, you know - normally we take 9 episodes to figure out, like, alright, what's Oliver up against? Uh, in this instance, we know what he's up against immediately. Even if that means, like, the Monitor isn't necessarily the Big Bad, but he's the focal point."

-- On what would he want in COIE if there was one character or one show he could pick, SA: "I would want Tom Welling."

Edited by tv echo

Arrow's New, Very Final Scene Will Present 'A Lot of Logistical Hurdles'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 11 2019, 1
https://tvline.com/2019/08/11/arrow-series-finale-very-final-scene-season-8/ 

During an Aug. 4 sit-down with TVLine at the Television Critics Association summer press tour, Guggenheim revealed that a month prior, a new way to end the Arrowverse flagship series’ eight-year run dawned on him.

“I came out of meditation one morning and I had the whole last scene — and it’s a brand-new scene,” he said.

The eighth episode of Arrow‘s 10-episode farewell run, airing Jan. 14, 2020, will serve as Part 4 of this season’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover event. The episode that follows is “not related to the crossover” and “very specific; we know exactly what happens in it,” Guggenheim told reporters after the show’s farewell panel. Episode 10 then will deliver “a proper series finale.”

If the show sticks with the newly conceived way to close said finale, it will take some doing to make it happen.

“There are a lot of logistical hurdles that have to be crossed in order to shoot that scene. It’s not like we can just film it tomorrow,” Guggenheim teased for TVLine.

The EP said he was not necessarily looking to change up the very final scene — but neither was he averse to the prospect.

“The thing that I’ve sort of always told myself about the finale was that I wouldn’t be so rigid about my plan that I wouldn’t leave myself open to other ideas,” he said. “Had I not left myself open, I wouldn’t have written the scene I wrote, which I really, really like.”

UPDATE: Guggenheim has tweeted that if this new final scene can’t overcome the logistics, he will share the script pages for what might have been:

Edited by tv echo

Here's How Stephen Amell Could Play Oliver Queen Again After 'Arrow' Ends
Fred Topel | August 12, 2019
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/heres-how-stephen-amell-could-play-oliver-queen-again-after-arrow-ends.html/

“I don’t want to sit here and say never say never because I’d probably be wrong,” Amell said. “But I do believe in a good clean break. So I’m not saying that I’m never going to pop up again but I’m going to take a minute."
“I really leave that up to Stephen and what he would like to do,” Guggenheim said. “I will say we’re lucky. There are various different mechanisms in place that would allow Stephen, if he desired, to maintain a presence in the Arrowverse. So I don’t want to speak for Stephen but we’re all very much in the same space of we have to launch the new season, we have to do the crossover, we have to bring the series in for a close. I don’t think any of us are really thinking about anything beyond Arrow at the moment.” 
“Look, I stand by the decision that we made,” Amell said. “I think actually midway through season 6 that I actually thought that we were going to end in 7. I think that what we’ve done, and frankly it was really [producer] Greg Berlanti’s idea, having a run of 10 episodes to bookend an eight-year run, stuff like that doesn’t happen.”

-- Charlie Barnett: "I'm only on Arrow for a couple episodes... And, you know, it's the last season of Arrow. So I know - I shouldn't say... Literally, I always catch myself in these positions where I'm like about to drop some information, and then I'm like, 'Nah, nah, nah, let's take a second.'" Reporter: "Drop some information." CB: "Nope, not gonna do it. I think Arrow has some interesting things coming up, alright. But, uh, I don't know if I'm committed to the world, let's say. There's a lot of worlds going on in Arrow right now. I don't know if you're up to date, but, yeah."

ARROW: Katie Cassidy on Her Directorial Debut
Published on Aug 12, 2019, by GiveMeMyRemoteTV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zkhz2LCC98

-- On her new costume, KC: "I mean, I was like, 'this is dope, uh, why didn't we do this, like, many seasons ago?' Also, 'can I keep my hair short?' And yes, they're letting me."

-- On directing 803, KC: "I start prep on Tuesday." (That Tuesday would've been July 23.)

-- On whether it'll be easy to direct herself, KC: "I think so. However, I'm not so shuhhh - I think it'll be interesting to do that, 'cause I'll probably - I'll probably just have my First A.D., uh, tell it what I want. And then, once I'm in the scene, let him kinda direct the scene I'm in, after I tell him what shots I have, what I'm thinking, but then try to immerse myself as the actor. I mean, it'll be challenging, but anyone can do it, I can do it. I feel like I can do - you know, I like challenges and I welcome them and it'll be a growing, learning experience. I'm looking forward to it."

-- On why she wants to direct, KC: "I feel like I have an eye for certain things. Um, I really want to - it's just about telling a story through the way - through my eyes. You know, sharing a story through my eyes with the world, um, the way I interpret it. And I don't know why, but I do have like a burning desire to do that. Um, I think also I'm more, again, pictures and stuff, film, movies, storytelling, showing people instead of just - it's another way of communicating, you know, it's like getting - this is my vision, my art, this is what I see and - I don't know, I shadowed Season 1, I shadowed again Season 6, I shadowed Season 7, so I shadowed quite a few times, um, and it's great. I'm excited."

Edited by tv echo

-- SA: "That's three episodes down, seven episodes to go on our final season of Arrow, uh, not including the crossovers, like, 11 episodes that are just the crossover, or five, I don't know. I can't remember. It's just a lot... This was a really great episode. I wanna thank two people, one person I can actually thank right now and one person who I can't, because we don't know who it is and they haven't been announced yet. But, I would really like to congratulate Katie. Um, this was her first episode directing and she did a really, really lovely job. Um, she doesn't like to do a lot of takes, which I like, and, um, just in general, I'm sure it can be really intimidating, but she gave a lot to the actors. It was really positive and, um, she just put me in the position where, frankly, I wanted to deliver a good performance for her, because she deserves it and, um, yeah, she'll direct again. She was really great. Oh, yeah, two guest stars that I can't - well, in any event, it's really good. Also, this is exciting. I've got some news to share. I can't share it just yet. But, um, I don't know, fun, cool developments that are happening. But, uh, thank you guys very much. Um, three down, seven to go. Really, really, really enjoying myself. And, um, that's it."

Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell ARROW Panel - Fan Expo Boston 2019
Published on Aug 17, 2019, by Fandom Spotlite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDkWHVU6QaQ

-- On his favorite series finale ever, SA: "People are going to be really upset, because it's Lost. I love the finale of Lost. I liked the finale of - I liked the finale of Lost. I also really liked the finale of Seinfeld. Um, yeah, Breaking Bad, I was like, 'yeah, sure, it's good,' but I thought everything leading up to Breaking Bad was good... I liked the Game of Thrones finale once I realized that the last episode was effectively like an epilogue. So. And I think that's going to be - it's going to be interesting for us for our finale, because they announced that the - the crossover is the eighth episode. And I feel like everything after the crossover might be somewhat anti-climactic. So maybe it's - maybe ours will play like an epilogue as well. I'm not sure."

-- SA: "We've actually tried in the final season to - and I've been joking about this - to really try to bring in some levity to the character and some humor, you know, because I did hear a rumor once upon a time that Oliver Queen does have a sense of humor in the comics. Um, we tried to bring a bit of that in."

-- Fan asked, when JB turns 60, if SA was going to deliver a birthday cake to him in a tiny bathing suit as well. SA: "It's part of the deal. Every 10 years, I put on a tiny suit and I deliver John Barrowman a birthday cake... He's back in the show in Season 8 and that was actually a rider that he put into his contracts."

-- On what happens to the Arrowverse once Arrow's gone because Arrow is the structure for everything, SA: "I think that, kinda by definition, um, you know, once - once our show's done, then, in my opinion, then it - Grant becomes the - Grant as Barry Allen becomes the, you know, central point in the universe, for sure. And, um, he'll do a great job with it. But, um, I don't know. Just don't start calling it the Flashverse. Okay? ... Just keep calling it the Arrowverse. But no, you know, there will always be - we just happened to be first. Right? But what I think is - what I actually think is, I think that the crossover this year will do a really good job of answering that question for you."

-- Fan: "So throughout all the seasons, you've had different love interests. Who do you believe that Arrow is truly in love with?" SA: "Felicity. For sure. Yeah." (Audience applause)  Fan: "Thank you." SA: "Thank you. (To Mod) I got off easy on that one." Mod: "I know. That was pretty easy." SA: "I thought I was gonna have to be specific and rank - (Makes hand gesture)." Mod: "I thought she was going to challenge you or like there was gonna be a throwdown. No, it was easy."

-- On which suit was his favorite out of all eight seasons, SA: "The Season 1 suit, for sure. Um, and in Season 8, um, we tried to make a suit - and you can see in the trailer that we put out at Comic Con - we tried to make a suit that, um, felt like it was an ode to the first couple of seasons. And, um, we brought back the Season 1 bow, just because I liked it."

Arrow Season 8: David Ramsey on the Final Season
Delia Harrington Alec Bojalad  Aug 23, 2019
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/arrow/282955/arrow-season-8-david-ramsey-final-season

...  Den of geek caught up with David Ramsey at the TCA’s to discuss Arrow season 8, reflect on the impact the show has had and how it feels to have been a part of the CW DC renaissance. 
What's it like working on this season without Emily (Bett Rickards) and Felicity (Smoak)?
[DAVID RAMSEY:]
It's tough. Same story I've been telling everybody. We were there on the first day of 801, in the foundry, me and Stephen, where Emily normally is. Near Felicity's workspace. She wasn't there. And it was a noticeable energy gone. Just noticeable. You felt it. You don't really replace energy like that, you move past it. Now, granted, our rushing up to episode eight of the crossover does that successfully in the sense that we're making great television even without that presence being there, but we still miss her very much.
It does seem like it's going to be a fairly atypical final season for a TV show, just because of that crossover event. What's it like to balance this enormous crossover with it being the last go around for everybody?
Well, it won't be the last go around for anyone else, I would imagine, their crossover will continue, even without Arrow. But, for us, it's bittersweet in that it's sad but also awesome because, I kind of know how it's going to end. Not kind of. I do know how it's going to end. So it's like, "They're never going to get this! They're never going to see this coming! Oh my god! That's a red herring!" So all that stuff is real exciting as a fan. So we're reading that in the script. When I get the script, it's like, "Smart! Clever! Oh, they thought that. No, this." So I kind of geek out about it.. 

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Arrowverse, Grey's, This Is Us, SVU, Chicago Med, The Blacklist and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 23 2019, 10:14 AM PDT
https://tvline.com/2019/08/23/ncis-season-17-spoilers-ziva-return-faked-death/

Any Arrowverse scoop? –Joao
For one, I am told that Lamonica Garrett, who plays the Monitor (and will also play the Anti-Monitor), will appear in 10 total episodes across the Arrowverse this season (“Crisis” crossover included). And speaking of “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” here’s a Pro Tip from Flash boss Eric Wallace: “Before I sit down to watch this year’s crossover, I would really rewatch all three episodes of ‘Elseworlds,’ because it will enrich your viewing experience. Without giving away any spoilers, there are certain ‘elements’ that will be revisited in ‘Crisis,’ that were very deliberately planted back then and now we’re going to pay off.”
Do you know if Katrina Law will reprise her role as Nyssa on Arrow? I’m worried since she’s now been cast as a series regular on Hawaii Five-0. –Maarten
I can’t speak to Nyssa specifically, but rest assured that all of Arrow‘s final-season encores have not (yet?) been spoiled. “A lot, actually,” have not been revealed, EP Marc Guggenheim told me earlier this month. I’m a little surprised that more have not leaked, which is great. Again, we’re using the first seven episodes of the season as an opportunity to really look back on the first seven seasons and that’s very gratifying but also just very fun. As [co-showrunner] Beth [Schwartz] says, we’re playing our greatest hits, we’re also playing some album tracks, too.”

Do you have any other scoop on the final season of Arrow? –Brooke

When we caught up with Colin Donnell at TCA, he was a good soldier and didn’t spill much about how (and as whom) he will be involved in the farewell season. “I think it’s something that fans maybe have wanted to see for a while…,” he teased. “That’s all I’ll say.” And as for whether he’ll be in the crossover, he offered with a grin: “There’s hope!” ....

Edited by tv echo