Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 8

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Arrow Boss Hints at Final Season's Possible Returns: 'There Are So Many Characters That We Love...'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 29 2019,
https://tvline.com/2019/06/29/arrow-final-season-8-returns-thea-nyssa-malcolm/

For in addition to further setting the stage for the five-part “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover event — which launches in December and wraps up in 2020 after the holiday break — the seminal Arrowverse series may want to tend to any unfinished business involving characters who have been missing as of late. Thea (played by original cast member Willa Holland), for one, seems due for a finale encore, if only to fill in some blanks on Roy’s death, resurrection and self-imposed exile to Lian Yu. Plus, it’d be fun to get visits from two of the superhero drama’s best-remembered frenemies, Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett) and (the presumably late) Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman).

“There are so many characters [to consider]. So many characters,” showrunner Beth Schwartz acknowledged with a laugh during her most recent TVLine interview. “And we’re definitely thinking about all of that, because just as much as our fans want to see it, as people who have been on the show for a long time, we are also fans of these characters. So we’re going to make sure that everyone has a great final season.”
“That’s the exciting part of next season, only having 10 episodes,” she said. “We’ve [been] brainstorming and thinking about who we want back, because there are so many characters that we love.” And if everything goes according to the ambitious plan, “I think every episode is just going to be humongous,” Schwartz offered. “We’re going to fit it all in, and it’s definitely going to be an amazing season.” ...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Vlog 2 – Supanova Comic-Con & Gaming 2019 – David Ramsey
Published on Jun 29, 2019, by AccessReel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTwSjhiFvxE

-- On what he still wants for Diggle that hasn't happened yet, DR: "Well, I think we have to answer the question of what happens with this Green Lantern business. I think we just have to make a decision about that. We've teased it now for years, really. And, um, so I think we have to make a decision about that and I think this season we will."

-- On whether he knows how Arrow wraps up, DR: "Only pieces. And usually what's funny is that usually at the beginning of each season, we really do have an idea of where they want to go in terms of an arc. We have very little idea because they can do whatever they want this season. Ten shows, and every single episode is important."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

From media recap of SA/DR panel on June 29 at Supanova Perth....

Recap: Stephen Amell Aimed His Arrows At Supanova Perth
BY RACHEL  JUL 4, 2019
https://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2019/07/04/recap-stephen-amell-aimed-his-arrows-at-supanova-perth/

There were also rumblings about the possibility of another series coming out of the woodworks which would play in tune with spin-off rumors with Katherine McNamara (Shadowhunters) at the wheel… as well as the idea of new characters coming into season eight that have been on television before but not necessarily on Arrow.

Edited by tv echo

English translation: "The actress of Zoe in the future (Daughter of René) is already on the set. So the flashfowards already from the first capi we have them. OFÚ. I WANT TO OLIVER. # Arrow" ...

English translation: "Barrowman on the way to Vancouver. I REPEAT. JOHN BARROWMAN PATH TO VANCOUVER # arrow" ...

• Love 1
(edited)

‘Arrow’: Katherine McNamara Upped To Series Regular For Final Season Of the CW Drama
By Denise Petski July 11, 2019 
https://deadline.com/2019/07/arrow-katherine-mcnamara-promoted-series-regular-final-season-the-cw-drama-1202644818/ 

We’ll be seeing more of Mia Smoak in the final season of Arrow. Katherine McNamara, who joined the cast of the CW’s DC drama as recurring in season 7, has been promoted to a series regular for its eighth and final season.

Arrow promotes Katherine McNamara to series regular for season 8
By Chancellor Agard July 11, 2019
https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/11/arrow-promotes-katherine-mcnamara-season-8/ 

EW has confirmed that Katherine McNamara, who plays Mia in Arrow‘s flash-forward storyline, has been upped to series regular for the CW drama’s final season.
When Arrow returns, we’ll see the young vigilantes experience the growing pains of forming a superhero team. “They’re struggling with how to be a team for the first time,”  showrunner/executive producer Beth Schwartz tells EW, with EP Marc Guggenheim adding, “There’s also the feeling that these kids are just kids and they’re flying without a net. Future-Rene, Future-Dinah, and Future-Felicity are all gone, per the end of season 7, so they’re left to figure things out on their own.”

Arrow's Katherine McNamara Promoted to Series Regular for Final Season
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 11 2019, 
https://tvline.com/2019/07/11/arrow-final-season-8-katherine-mcnamara-series-regular-mia/ 

TVLine has learned that Katherine McNamara, who debuted and recurred during Season 7 as the 2040 street fighter-turned-rebel leader, has been promoted to series regular status for the CW drama’s 10-episode farewell run.

Kat McNamara Will Be Front and Center in Arrow's Final Season
By Lindsay MacDonald | Jul 11, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-8-katherine-mcnamara-promoted-series-regular/ 

TVLine first reported the news of McNamara's promotion, and as it turns out, this could be just what the final season needed. With the departure of Emily Bett Rickards in the Season 7 finale, there was a huge opening for a leading lady in this last run of episodes, and it looks like Felicity's daughter might be stepping up to fill her shoes next season. They are mighty big shoes to fill, but seeing as Mia is already well on her way to following in her father's vigilante footsteps, we're confident McNamara will deliver a killer final season for not just Mia but then entire flash-forward storyline introduced in Season 8.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow brings back Colin Donnell, Josh Segarra for final season appearances
By Chancellor Agard July 12, 2019 
https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/12/arrow-colin-donnell-josh-segarra-season-8/

EW has learned that Colin Donnell and Josh Segarra will guest-star in the CW superhero drama’s farewell season. Donnell played Oliver’s best friend Tommy Merlyn in season 1, and Segarra starred as season 5 big bad Adrian Chase/Prometheus; however, fans should expect a twist when they return, because this is Arrow.

“Adrian Chase comes back in a different way than expected,” showrunner/executive producer Beth Schwartz tells EW. “We’re really excited about that because obviously he’s one of our favorite villains.” Meanwhile, Donnell is “not coming back as the Tommy we know,” teases executive producer Marc Guggenheim.

(edited)

THIS BLOG POST IS FOR "ARROW" SEASON 8 EPISODE 1 titled "Starling City".
Yesterday I caught Arrow filming in a new studio that is literally known as "The Fortress". I hd been there a couple times in the past, but was unaware of why shows were using it so much,as I assumed it was just some business building that they were using for a day. But instead, it is 1 of the new crop of little 1 off studios across the Lower Mainland that has popped up in the past few years. This former bank has the structural integrity to withstand some of the film industries more tougher stunts to pull off, as I was told yesterday while there, they have even crashed a helicopter into the roof of it.

On this day, the Arrow cast and crew were using it for scenes for their 1st episode of their last season. Obviously because of the fact everything was shot inside this structure, nothing about the specific scenes is known.
Through out the morning & early afternoon, and late evening (I left for a few hours after lunch break) a variety of cast were seen by myself. Stephen Amell was walking to & from the set in half of his Green Arrow costume, and stopped to meet fans several times throughout the day. I also saw Rick Gonzalez at lunch, and briefly got to meet Katherime McNamara for my first time at a set. But the "I wasnt expecting to see you so soon" moment of the day came as former Arrow star, turned Chicago Med star, now back for quick drop in on Arrow, Colin Donnell. An article had come out just a couple hours before seeing him saying he would be back, and lo & behold there he was. But Tommy Merlyn looked a little different than the one we used to know, sporting a full beard. Oh that reminds me, 1 other thing I saw that I can not quite put my finger on what it means yet is... during lunch 2 stunt men in Green Arrow attire came out, 1 looking like how Oliver did, the other, had a big fake black beard on. make of that what you want. I have theories, but I wont post theories here.

We also saw a blond girl go in at one point that seemed to be wearing a mask. The person that was there with me when they went in thought it could be Katie Cassidy, and I was unable to confirm if it was her or not, but you can try to judge for yourself by the pics I added below. That said, I did hear two people for the cast referenced by crew while I was there. Katie Cassidy being one, the other was "Josh" who could be Josh Segarra, as he was also announced as returning in the same article as Colin was mentioned in.

When I returned later. Some fans were now there, and they pieced together to us what they had seen while we were gone. The only actors they had seen while we were gone were Stephen again, aaaaaaand John Barrowman? Now I was not there to confirm if what they say tey saw is a fact, but the fan I was talking to was well versed in his Arrowverse knowledge, so I feel confident he was not mistaken.
At the end of the evening, we saw 3 cast leave as Andrea Sixtos, Joseph David Jones and Katherine McNamara all left together, and shortly behind them we saw the director of the episode, James Bamford also leave.

img-4309_1_orig.jpg

img-4312_orig.jpg

img-4325_orig.jpg

img-4331_orig.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

-- KM: "Hey, y'all! I just finished my first day back on Season 8 of Arrow. And I'm so excited to share this season with you all. There is some really, really epic stuff coming your way. And, uh, I can't wait for you guys to come back to 2040." 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

See exclusive portraits of the Arrowverse stars from EW's cover shoot
Chancellor Agard    July 17, 2019
https://ew.com/comic-con/exclusive-arrowverse-portraits/
D_sLz3EW4AAutfp.jpg

How Arrow saved the TV superhero — and why it had to end
Chancellor Agard    July 17, 2019
https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/17/arrow-final-season-cover-story/

But there’s one integral cast member who won’t be around to see Arrow through its final season. This spring, fans were devastated to learn Rickards had filmed her final episode—bringing an end to Olicity. “They’re such opposites. I think that’s what draws everyone in a little bit,” showrunner Beth Schwartz says of Oliver and Felicity’s relationship. “You don’t see the [love story of] super intelligent woman and the sort of hunky, athletic man very often. She’s obviously a gorgeous woman but what he really loves is her brain.” For his part, Amell believes the success of both Felicity and Olicity lies completely with Rickards’ performance. “She’s supremely talented and awesome and carved out a space that no one anticipated. I don’t know that show works if we don’t randomly find her,” says Amell, adding that continuing the series without Team Arrow’s heart is “not great. Arrow, as you know it, has effectively ended. It’s a different show in season 8.” And he’s not exaggerating.

The final season finds Oliver working for the all-seeing extra-terrestrial the Monitor (LaMonica Garrett) and trying to save the entire multiverse from a cataclysmic event. “[We’re] taking the show on the road, really getting away from Star City. Oliver is going to be traveling the world, and we’re going to go to a lot of different places,” says Guggenheim. “Every time I see Oliver and the Monitor, it’s like, ‘Okay, we are very far from where we started.’ But again, that means the show has grown and evolved.” Adds Schwartz, “This is sort of his final test because it’s greater than Star City.” Along the way, he will head down memory lane, with actor Colin Donnell, who played Oliver’s best friend Tommy Merlyn in season 1, and Segarra’s Adrian Chase making appearances. “Episode 1 is an ode to season 1, and episode 2 is an ode to season 3,” teases Amell. “We’re playing our greatest hits.”

But season 8 is not just about building toward a satisfying series finale. “Everything relates to what’s going to happen in our crossover episode, which we’ve never done before,” says Schwartz. Spanning five hours and airing this winter, “Crisis on Infinite Earths” will be the biggest crossover yet and may see Oliver perish trying to save the multiverse from destruction, if the Monitor’s prophecy is to be believed. “Oliver [is told] he’s going to die, so each episode in the run-up to ‘Crisis’ has Oliver dealing with the various stages of grief that come with that discovery,” says Guggenheim. “So the theme really is coming to terms, acceptance.”

If there’s one person who has made his peace with Oliver’s fate, it’s Amell. “Because he’s a superhero with no superpowers, I always felt he should die — but he may also not die,” says Amell, who actually found out what the show’s final scene would be at EW’s cover shoot. “I cried as [Marc Guggenheim] was telling me. There are a lot of hurdles to get over to make that final scene.” Get this man some more Guinness!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

‘Arrow’: Ben Lewis Upped To Series Regular For Final Season
By Geoff Boucher  July 17, 2019
https://deadline.com/2019/07/arrow-arrowverse-cw-ben-lewis-upped-to-series-regular-stephen-amell-1202647554/  

Ben Lewis, who portrays William “Will” Clayton on Arrow, has been upped to a series regular for the eighth and final season of the CW’s linchpin superhero franchise.

Arrow Promotes Ben Lewis to Series Regular for Final Season
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 17 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/07/17/arrow-final-season-8-ben-lewis-series-regular-future-william/ 

TVLine has learned that Ben Lewis — who recurred throughout all of Season 7 as William Clayton-Queen, Oliver’s grown son (via the late Samantha Clayton) — has been promoted to series regular status for the CW drama’s 10-episode farewell run.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrowverse Reunion With Ruby Rose, Grant Gustin & More | Cover Shoot | Entertainment Weekly
Published on Jul 17, 2019, by Entertainment Weekly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSF2ptHZqNA

-- SA: "I've always thought that Oliver should, uh - Specifically because he is a superhero with no superpowers. I've always felt like he should die. That being said, it was very emotional doing those scenes. But he also might not die. So...."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Ernie Hudson Expects To Return to Arrow In Final Season
By RUSS BURLINGAME - July 18, 2019 
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/07/18/ernie-hudson-expects-to-return-to-arrow-in-final-season/ 

Ghostbusters star Ernie Hudson expects to return to Arrow in the show's upcoming eighth and final season. The actor, who appeared in a single episode last year, plays General Stewart, John Diggle's stepfather, in the series. ...

While it seems no deal is in place yet, and he has not seen a script, Hudson thinks he will be coming back to pick up on some of the threads from his previous time out.

"They called me already," Hudson told ComicBook.com during a conversation at Salt City Comic Con in Syracuse, NY earlier this month. "They have a shortened [season], so I'll probably do a couple of those. I don't know if they're setting up for the next stage of Diggle's character or what."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Marc Guggenheim - San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Interview
Published on Jul 19, 2019, by Comicbook.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93dv1-wxgNg

-- On which Arrowverse show will feel the fallout of COIE the most, MG: "That's a great question. Um, that's a really terrific question. Um, I'm tempted to say actually Arrow. Um, and I may be a little bit biased in giving that answer. But, I would say, if we're able to do what we have planned, um, it's some pretty big consequences, um, that come out of Crisis for Arrow... I know, it's like we're 'big things' right before we end the show. But, uh, you know, it was interesting, you know, because of the nature of Crisis and the nature of a 10-episode order for Arrow, the two projects really became linked, uh, to the extent where the build-up to Crisis really takes place in Arrow, and then Crisis has to impact the final two episodes of Arrow. Um, so it's all connected. Um, you know, and I think it's going to be connected in a way that's satisfying to people. That's the trick."

-- On how they can create an ending to Arrow that will satisfy long-term fans (mentioning the controversial endings of Game of Thrones and Lost), MG: "The good news is, unlike Game of Thrones or unlike Lost, we're not - uh, we're not burdened with having to answer a question. You know, we're not burdened with 'who's going to sit on the Iron Throne?' or, you know, 'what was the island?' .Um, so we get to do, I think, a much more sort of character-based ending. Um, so - at the same time, the complication for us is that we also have Crisis and I think a lot of the stuff that was always in my head in terms of on how to end the show, um, we're now actually going to end up doing in the crossover instead. So it's like, well, now what does the series finale become? Um, but, you know, I - you know, we've got planned and I'm really excited about it. And the goal is, you know, to make it satisfying for the fans, but, um, the good news for us is, we don't have the challenges that Lost or Game of Thrones had... We also don't have their ratings, so, um, you know, there's that too... It's hard... It's a hard thing to do it in a way that satisfies - you know, satisfies everyone... Because obviously I have been thinking, like, how does one end the series, um, I think there's what the initial reaction to something is and then there's how it stands the test of time. Um, and, you know, those two things are not always the same."

-- On whether there's a chance that we'll see any Arrow characters again after the end of Arrow, MG: "That's a terrific question and there's always a chance, um, especially since this is a known - it's now become this huge universe. Um, we have all these different places we can go and different ways to tell story. Um, you know, and the thing I always - and I've been saying this for a few years now, because it's been a universe for a few years now - whenever an actor leaves the show, I always say, it's not goodbyes, I'll see you later, because we have all these different avenues available to us, between time travel and parallel universes and - and, you know, animated and - you name it, we've got all these different avenues, which is a nice thing to be able to explore."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

'Arrow' Stars Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy & Cast Join Us LIVE | SDCC 2019 | Entertainment Weekly
Published on July 20, 2019,, by Entertainment Weekly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtBRxwTgzHM

-- Chancellor Agard mentioned the Queen Mansion interior pics that SA posted, but SA was coy about it, saying that he reposted pics that someone else had posted.

-- Chancellor said that we know Oliver is travelling the world to do what he has to do for the Monitor and then asked what the rest of them were up to this season while he was away doing that. 

• RG: "Yeah, I think with Rene, I think we're gonna, um, tease the idea of the beginning of his political aspirations and how he became Mayor. So I think we'll be able to see some aspects of that. Also, I think we're gonna try and kinda outline, uh, a bit of a strain between him and Zoe. But that's as far as I can go." 
  • KC: "I can't really get into details but, um, you know, just sort of [unintelligible word] more Laurel coming into her own. Um, I think it'll be really interesting what version of her this season we're going to see. She's still getting into trouble. You know, she's still got that sassiness to her." 
  • JH: "Dinah is back to being captain at the SCPD. And I think she's trying to just kinda figure out, um, where she falls in terms of the team and where the team falls without Oliver... And also just embracing being this version of the Canary that she found last season, where, you know, she doesn't necessarily have this cry anymore, but she's still coming into her own and still finding herself like as a hero." 
  • DR: "Um, for John Diggle - I don't know, Is there any place Oliver Queen is that John Diggle isn't?" SA: "No, the entire first episode is based around the second act of The Notebook." (Everyone laughs) DR: "It is."

-- On whether we'll get some Oliver and Diggle scenes, DR: "Yeah, you will. In large doses. In large doses. If there's ever been a season, this is it."

-- On what they hope people will take away from the show in its final season, SA: "I mean, we're just trying to lay it all out. It, uh - the first seven episodes leading into the crossover feel like we're, uh, playing our greatest hits, so to speak, um, and alluding to memorable moments in the series. I don't know, I just hope that - I really hope that people enjoy it. It's a different show than you've seen. Um, the episodes - um, it's not as serialized as we've come to expect, because we don't have as much time. I don't know, I just hope people enjoy the ride in the last season." KC: "It feels like a - almost like a tribute in a way the entire season, and I think, you know, each episode I think is going to be - feel like a miniature movie."

-- SA: "Katie's getting ready to direct her first episode, by the way." Chancellor: "Congratulations!" KC: "Thank you I don't know if you were supposed to say that yet, but okay." SA: "Katie's getting ready to direct her first episode! Are we live?" KC: "I am so excited." She then mentioned doing the Warner Brothers directors' program.

Edited by tv echo

#SDCC 2019: The Cast of 'Arrow' [VIDEO]
July 20, 2019
https://www.etonline.com/live/20190720181225-sdcc-2019-the-cast-of-arrow

-- On KC directing an episode this season, KC: "I am, I am, I'm so exicted... Yes, Stephen broke the news earlier... I am. Episode - are we allowed to say what episode? 803. Um, I actually start prep on Tuesday. So, very soon."

-- On what they can tease about the final season, DR: "I think it's a tribute. There's a certain amount of, um - I like what Stephen said in terms of a victory lap. You sense that. Um, there'll be a lot of stuff from the past, I think. There'll be some old faces at are going to show up. Um, but I think, just in  terms of the pacing, I think it's changed, because we usually do this in 22 episodes and now we're doing it in 10, so I think you're just going to sense a sense of a movie very single time you watch an episode of Arrow." KC: "Yeah, I feel like every - it almost feels - yeah, cinematic. Each episode is huge." SA: "Yeah, I've read 1, 2 and 3 - 1, 2 and 3 are very contained. 1 is its own thing. 2 is its own thing. 3 is its own thing. (To KC) Best of luck, by the way... It's very, very contained. Obviously, there's a throughline. We're building toward the crossover. But, it's very fun. And it's fun working with some familiar faces, too."

-- RG: "I can say, you haven't seen Rene this way in the very first episode of Season 8."

-- On whether we'll be getting EBR back in this final season, SA: "No... Not that I know of... What do you want from me? It's a yes or no question."

-- On what they can tease about the COIE crossover, SA: "I'm going to play more than one character in the crossover... They're all named Oliver, if that helps." Leanne Aguilera: "Oh good, we're getting different Earth Olivers, I like it." SA: "No. No. Maybe."

(edited)

Arrow Cast Drops Final Season Teases, Reveals Who They Want to Return [VIDEO]
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 20 2019, 1
https://tvline.com/2019/07/20/arrow-final-season-8-preview-cast-video-oliver-crisis-mission/

-- Matt Mitovich: "What's this season going to look like? Is it going to be a season of Arrow? Is it going to be the final season of Arrow? Is it going to be a lead-up to Crisis? Is it going to be a little bit of both?" SA: "Its the second and the third thing that you said. It's the final season and it's a lead-up. It feels different. It doesn't feel - we don't have the amount of time that we have. Normally we would take nine episodes to kind of introduce the main, like, the crux of the season, the Big Bad. That's not the case this year." MM: "You're jumping right into the buddy cop movie with you and the Monitor?" SA: "That's right. That's right. Yeah. He and I have an old car... (Everyone laughs) It is actually a little bit like a buddy cop movie, but it's not necessarily me and the Monitor."

-- On whether there's a Big Bad for the final 10 episodes, SA: "Uh, nuhyeah, no. Kind of. Except he might not be bad."

-- On what the rest of Team Arrow will be doing while Oliver's doing what he's doing, JH: "We're trying to keep order, you know, without our leader.. and do the best we can." RG: "Because last season we saw, uh, Rene as the mayor in the future, I think we're going to kind of see the little bit of the beginnings of how he got there." 

-- On what E2 Laurel's up to this season, KC: "Laurel's doing her thing. Um, I like to say, she's kinda like her own - her own island. She's got her own, you know, sort of... journey." Matt Mitovich: "She's a lone wolf." KC: "Yes, yes." SA: "No, no, you weren't. Not in the pilot - not in the premiere, you're not a lone wolf. You got a team member." KC: "Somebody who... we mentioned?" SA: "No." KC: "We can't mention. It'll be really exciting. Yes, that is true. Um, she's plotting and planning her own -  you can say it, I'm not going to."

-- On whether Oliver expects that he might one day see Felicity again as he's going about doing his mission for the Monitor or whether he has ruled that out, SA: "His expectations are that he's there to do the Monitor's bidding. And, um, he's there to do it alone. And, uh, it's only after a very familiar encounter that he realizes that, you know, by hook or by crook, he's not going to be allowed to do it alone."

-- SA: "The series finale is going to be independent of the crossover... The crossover this year is in our 8th episode, I believe, but we have 10 episodes to do."

-- KC: "What's really cool and special about this is, I was saying before, this whole season feels like a tribute to the entire eight seasons of the show." RG: "Like a love letter."

-- KC: "I'm actually directing an episode... It'll be a fun experience."

-- RG: "And David's doing [directing] another episode this season as well."

-- SA said that MG is "stepping back in for her [EP Beth Schwartz], as Beth is taking a little time away for the kiddo."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow Season 8: Chicago Fire Vet Charlie Barnett Cast as [....]
By Vlada Gelman / July 20 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/07/20/arrow-charlie-barnett-cast-john-diggle-jr-season-8/

'Arrow’: Charlie Barnett Joins Final Season As John Diggle Jr. – Comic-Con
By Denise Petski  July 20, 2019
https://deadline.com/2019/07/arrow-charlie-barnett-cast-final-season-john-diggle-jr-1202649690/

'Russian Doll’ Star Charlie Barnett Joins ‘Arrow’ Final Season
By WILL THORNE    JULY 20, 2019
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/charlie-barnett-arrow-final-season-1203274567/

Arrow Casts John Diggle's Flashpoint Son, Diggle Jr for Season 8
by Tim Adams – on Jul 20, 2019
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-john-diggle-jr-flashpoint-son-season-8/

Edited by tv echo

Susanna Thompson Returns To Arrow In Season 8 "Starling City"
Published on Jul 21, 2019, by KSiteTV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJjaB4N0H9c

-- On whether there are any returning actors (other than Colin Donnell and Josh Segarra) that haven't been announced yet for the S8 premiere, MG: "There actually are. There are a few people. You know what? I'm going to give you an exclusive, 'cause I don't think we had a chance to talk about this on the panel. Susannah Thompson is back, um, for our season premiere... It's a love letter to the show. It really is... I was telling Beth it felt a lot like the series finale, not the series premiere, in the best possible way... In fact, it was almost to the point where we're like, 'what are we going to do for the series finale?' I mean, we know, obviously, but, um, it has that kind of resonance to it, and that's exciting."

Olicity Forever! Stephen Amell’s Sweet Words About Missing Emily Bett Rickards on ‘Arrow’
Published on Jul 20, 2019, by extratv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi0ZnwfeSXQ

-- RG: "You know, this season will be a culmination of, like, you know, everything we've put in and also, like, a really great love letter to the fans, and for us to kinda wrap things up in a way that satisfies and fulfills everything that we've done on the show. So hopefully we get to do that."

-- On Oliver's mindset now that he's been separated from Felicity and Mia, SA: "He's resigned. Is that okay? Because you choked a little bit when I said it. He's resigned. He's resigned. I don't want to play Oliver over the last 10 episodes as morose. I want to play him as resigned and committed and willing to see things through. 'Cause I don't want the fans to - I - We actually have an episode where it's just him sitting in a corner for 30 minutes, um, (Other cast members chuckle) - trying to save money. Uh, nah, I want him to be proactive."

-- On whether it's possible to reverse the 20-year separation and give Oliver a happy ending, SA: "Look, we've kinda mapped out how the show is gonna end. And normally when television shows do that, that's not how it ends, which is probably why that's how it's gonna end."

-- On what lessons Oliver still needs to learn, SA: "Frankly, I think he's learned all the lessons that he needs to learn. You know, he's impatient. He likes to do things on his own. He's impulsive. Um, but, you know, if that's in the servitude of protecting people, then I'm glad that he has all of those faults."

-- DR: "There's more story to be told with Diggle. Uh, his father, his wife, his son, two sons actually... And the lasting relationship that he has with the team. So there's a lot more story to cover in - within 8 episodes. And from my understanding, they do a pretty good job of it."

-- On whether we'll ever see Diggle in the future with his son Connor, DR: "The direct answer to your question is probably not, immediately, but you'll know what's happened... or happening."

-- On what we can expect from bringing back CD and JS in the S8 premiere, SA: "Tommy gets to play the Tommy that we always wanted him to play. And, uh, Josh as Adrian, um, gets to come back and just be awesome... Missed having Josh so much. He comes back with a vengeance in the first episode."

-- SA: "I shot a scene with David the other - just the - was it yesterday? Was it Thursday? (DR: "Um-hmm.") I shot a scene with David on Thursday, and it's not supposed to be a sad scene. But he had allergies and the wind's blowing. And as I'm delivering the line, this perfect tear rolls down his cheek. And it was because of allergies. I hope they - I hope they use it."

(edited)

David Ramsey | Arrow Season 8 | Comic-Con 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBOxZm-fm9U

-- On what he thinks Diggle will react to the most in the upcoming COIE crossover, DR: "I think the enormity of what this is, these multiple Earths... what the Monitor's endgame is, I think, would be something that really would flip a person like Diggle."

-- On whether there's world where Baby Sara might still exist, DR: "I would love that on one of the Earths. Me and Marc(?) have actually talked about that. It would be great if they just kinda run into a grown-up Baby Sara, right? I don't know, but it would be great."

-- On the chances that we'll see a Green Lantern ring on Diggle's finger (on a scale of 1 to 10), DR: "I don't know, but I still know it's in the talks, which, you know, is not dead. So we'll see." On his new Spartan suit which has some green in it, DR: "Another homage... They've been dropping hints, man, for six seasons."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Stephen Amell | Arrow Season 8 | Comic-Con 2019 | Crisis on Infinite Earths
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx6SaGeco0c

-- On what he can tease about CD and JS's return in the S8 premiere, SA: "Colin Donnell is playing Tommy Merlyn, and Josh Segarra is playing Adrian Chase."

-- On whether other actors might be returning for the S8 premiere that haven't been announced, SA: "Oh yes. One in particular that was, um... There's a scene in the - actually, there's two. There's a scene in the Queen Mansion that I'm incredibly fond of."

-- On what he can tease about Oliver's mission for the Monitor, SA: "Oliver is effectively - we don't know how much time passes between 7 and 8. Um, certainly enough time to let my hair grow a little bit. Um, but Oliver is doing the Monitor's bidding. What we get into in the early part of it is, like, what do I actually know about the Monitor? Should I just trust him? Clearly, when I told him I needed to save Barry and Kara, he gave me an arrow that allowed me to defeat Superman. So, from that standpoint, he's trustworthy. But, like, am I really willing to put everything on the line for this guy?"

-- On how Oliver is coping without Felicity, SA: "He's doing okay. It's very important to me that - that he stands by his decision, that he's not morose. Um, there's a reason and there's a very, very good reason that he is actually quite emotionally distraught, um, in the season premiere, because he unexpectedly loses someone. But it's also important that, when Felicity says to him, 'hey, wherever you go, whatever you do, I will find you,' that he believes in that."

-- On the possibility that we might see EBR again before the series is over, SA: "Maybe. It would feel, um - frankly, it would feel shitty to end the series not seeing her again. But I am also a big fan of goodbyes. When you say goodbye, it's okay if you say goodbye."

-- On what excites him most about the COIE crossover, SA: "An idea that I pitched that's being pitched out in the coming weeks... I think it's a really cool idea... I have this one idea that I think is really cool, and I just hope that we can make it happen."

(edited)

'ARROW' Roundtable | Stephen Amell
Published on Jul 21, 2019, by Rama's Screen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFzjo0rtJds

-- On what the "Arrowverse" is going to be called now that Arrow is going away, SA: "The Berlantiverse, which is what it should actually be called. No, you know, no, it's still the Arrowverse. We're not going away. We're just ending our run... You going to call it the Flashverse? That would be stupid. It's still going to be the Arrowverse. Tell Grant I said that, by the way."

-- On whether he'd want Oliver and Barry to have a little adventure before the crossover, SA: "Any chance I get to work with Grant, I'll take. I love working with him. Aside from, um - aside from Emily and David, he is my favorite person to work with."

-- In response to interviewer commenting that it's hard to imagine 10 episodes without Felicity and asking how that's going to work with Oliver because he's hasn't done well in the past when they've been separated, SA: "From a practical standpoint, it sucks. I don't like doing the show without Emily. It's like trying to type without your pinkie... I don't like doing the show without Emily. Um, Arrow ended in 722. The show's done, right? Arrow, the final season - it's like an event series, so to speak. Like, imagine that we ended in 722 and then we took an 8-year break and then we came back for 10 episodes. That's what this season is like... It's tough being there and doing what we do without her, because she's the best. But I also think that, you know, we're going to make do."

-- In response to interviewer commenting that MG has already spoiled that, at some point, SA will be working with KM,* SA: "Is that true? Did he say that?" Interviewer: "Quote, he said, 'It would not be ideal if we didn't find a way to get Stephen and Kat together in a room.'" SA: "Same with Ben. Um, yeah, look, we're all under contract. If we go through the final season and Oliver doesn't interact with his kids in some way, shape or form, that'd be a mistake, wouldn't it?" On how that would happen, SA: "I don't know. I actually don't know. I'm not being coy... What would Oliver do? The last time he saw Mia, she was an infant, right? Kissed her goodbye, walks away. Does he recognize her? Does he recognize William? Probably recognizes William. And William certainly recognizes him. What does that look like? I don't know... I'd probably approach it like a big sloppy puddle of emotions. I don't know... If Oliver turns around and sees Mia as a grown woman, he'd probably pass out. Wouldn't you?"

(* I have not yet seen this MG interview.)

-- SA: "It's so fun having Josh [Segarra] doing what he's doing in the premiere."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

'ARROW' Roundtable | Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKVxqcyyZ2M

KC Interview:
-- On whether the Canaries will team up now that they're on the same side, KC: "Oh, I'm sure. I mean, I have no doubt. I think that, you know, but I think the season is going to be a tribute to all of the seasons of the show. Um, so I definitely think we'll have a little bit of everything. I also think we're going to see Laurel, you know, sort of align herself with Oliver in terms of the - uh, while he fulfills his quest to save the multiverse. Um, I also have a new costume, which I don't know if you've seen. It's really good. So that's awesome. And they're letting me keep my hair short, which I also do love because it's fresh, right? It keeps things fresh. And I'm directing 803."

-- On the episode (803) she'll be directing, KC: "I feel like each season represents something on the show, and it covers a place and a time - that's all I can tell you."

-- On whether she wants to see some Earth-2 characters from her character's past in the final season, KC: "Oh, yeah. I mean... Black Siren with Black Siren's bad [unintelligible word?] Black Siren is so fun to play. But also, you know, Laurel this season is basically like Laurel never died. She's lived, and I do get to keep - incorporate a little bit more of that sass and that, you know - I don't mean to say bitchiness, but edginess... She's a little harder than the straight and narrow Laurel. Um, so, yeah, I definitely think there's a little mixed in there and it would be cool to see, like, maybe a flashback episode or something where you see Earth-2 Black Siren, where I can really just, you know, kill 'em with my sass. It's fun."

-- On whether she'll be interacting with the future kids, KC: "I certainly hope so. I think it's, um, a possibility. I don't write the show... I would definitely love to be... I definitely think there's a world in which that could happen. Um, you should tell or ask Marc Guggenheim. See what he says, and then let me know."

-- On whether her character will be involved in saving the multiverse or whether that's Oliver's journey alone, KC: "Yes. Laurel will end up sort of aligning herself and teaming up with Oliver to help him fulfill his quest to save the multiverse, for sure. And I do think fans are kinda wanting to see that, especially, by the way, with the new costume... Obviously, the costume is for the fans."

-- KC: "Hopefully, you know, maybe they'll do - who knows, anything can happen, another spinoff. (Interviewer: "Birds of Prey?")  I'm trying. Um, I think that would be awesome. I pitched it. I think they should. It's time for women. Come on, we got this!"

JH Interview:
-- On what happens between Dinah and E2 Laurel, JH: "So, I don't fully know what happens between them yet, but I know there's a dynamic with the Canaries and a story with the Canaries that is really cool and really exciting and really different... You will start to see it at the very beginning."

-- JH: "Actually, I think with Oliver not being there, Dinah feels more of a responsibility to the city. So I think she's going to stay strong in her desire to be the captain [of the SCPD] as well as the Black Canary, instead of being so torn."

-- On whether we'll see Dinah in the future this season, JH: "So, yeah, I believe we will. Maybe in a different capacity. But she still has a story going on in both timelines."

-- If she was writing the ending for Dinah, JH would want the following for her: get her cry back, remain captain but also own her Black Canary-ness, and end up part of a team (since she started as a loner).

'ARROW' Roundtable | David Ramsey and Rick Gonzalez
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZBlaXiIkCA

DR Interview:
-- DR: "Obviously, you don't have an Oliver Queen without Diggle someplace near his side. So that's part of our season."

-- DR: "There's a lot of questions that are answered within 10 episodes, which... presents a bit of a challenge to the writers, um, but also makes each episode kind of its own little movie, because we're getting to the point very, very quickly."

-- DR: "And for Diggle's story, it's what happens between he and Lyla, who's the leader of ARGUS. What happens between he and his children, who grow up to be influential in the future. Is he or is he not Green Lantern? Those are kind of the big questions." 

-- On the chances that he'll be Green Lantern, DR: "If I had to put a percentage on it, I don't know. But it better be a big payoff, guys. It's been six seasons of them talking about that. Have you seen the new wardrobe, the new costume that came up? It's like another nod, right? It's like, of all the colors ... a green helmet, green piping in the suit. So, yeah, these things will be answered and, um, I think you guys will be happy with it." Interviewer: "I'll take it as a 'yes,' then." DR: "You'll be happy with it."

-- DR stressed again that they have to answer the question of what happens to the Diggle and Lyla relationship because she's the leader of ARGUS, "which, I wouldn't call them nefarious, but you know what kind of corporation they are."

RG Interview:
-- RG would've liked to have seen Rene fall in love before the series ended and said that there was an opportunity for that last season with Emiko, but that never happened because she was evil. So now his focus is on being a father.

-- On whether we'll see the development of Rene and Zoe's relationship as she grows up, RG: "We only have 10 episodes and there's only so much real estate to cover that... I think, more importantly, what we'll try to do is kind of see her maybe find a perspective for her, while Rene is on the road to becoming a politician, because he does become mayor. You saw that in Season 7. So there's a roadway to that, right? So we need to see a little bit of that. So how does she feel about that, you know? Is she proud of him? Is she not proud of him? Does she like who's he become, you know? Obviously, we see that she doesn't in the future, so we'll probably see a little of that."

-- On whether we'll see Zoe's journey to becoming Black Canary, RG: "I don't know. I mean, she's really young.right now, like, in present day, and then she's like 20 years later, so she's in her early 30's, I want to say, late 20's, early 30's... I don't know if we'll get that far... We'd have to find out when exactly she became the Canary in her life for us to know, so that's difficult."

-- RG: "Hopefully, this season, for this crossover, we see him connect with more people."