Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Final Countdown

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

My level of interest is really low, but this actually has potential. 

On 7/17/2019 at 7:48 PM, tv echo said:

“Oliver [is told] he’s going to die, so each episode in the run-up to ‘Crisis’ has Oliver dealing with the various stages of grief that come with that discovery,” says Guggenheim. “So the theme really is coming to terms, acceptance.”

(edited)

SA also confirms that the crossover ep will be the 8th episode...

'Arrow' Stars Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy & Cast Join Us LIVE | SDCC 2019 | Entertainment Weekly
Published on July 20, 2019,, by Entertainment Weekly

-- Chancellor Agard mentioned the Queen Mansion interior pics that SA posted, but SA was coy about it, saying that he reposted pics that someone else had posted.

-- Chancellor said that we know Oliver is travelling the world to do what he has to do for the Monitor and then asked what the rest of them were up to this season while he was away doing that. 

• RG: "Yeah, I think with Rene, I think we're gonna, um, tease the idea of the beginning of his political aspirations and how he became Mayor. So I think we'll be able to see some aspects of that. Also, I think we're gonna try and kinda outline, uh, a bit of a strain between him and Zoe. But that's as far as I can go." 
  • KC: "I can't really get into details but, um, you know, just sort of [unintelligible word] more Laurel coming into her own. Um, I think it'll be really interesting what version of her this season we're going to see. She's still getting into trouble. You know, she's still got that sassiness to her." 
  • JH: "Dinah is back to being captain at the SCPD. And I think she's trying to just kinda figure out, um, where she falls in terms of the team and where the team falls without Oliver... And also just embracing being this version of the Canary that she found last season, where, you know, she doesn't necessarily have this cry anymore, but she's still coming into her own and still finding herself like as a hero." 
  • DR: "Um, for John Diggle - I don't know, Is there any place Oliver Queen is that John Diggle isn't?" SA: "No, the entire first episode is based around the second act of The Notebook." (Everyone laughs) DR: "It is."

-- On whether we'll get some Oliver and Diggle scenes, DR: "Yeah, you will. In large doses. In large doses. If there's ever been a season, this is it."

-- On what they hope people will take away from the show in its final season, SA: "I mean, we're just trying to lay it all out. It, uh - the first seven episodes leading into the crossover feel like we're, uh, playing our greatest hits, so to speak, um, and alluding to memorable moments in the series. I don't know, I just hope that - I really hope that people enjoy it. It's a different show than you've seen. Um, the episodes - um, it's not as serialized as we've come to expect, because we don't have as much time. I don't know, I just hope people enjoy the ride in the last season." KC: "It feels like a - almost like a tribute in a way the entire season, and I think, you know, each episode I think is going to be - feel like a miniature movie."

-- SA: "Katie's getting ready to direct her first episode, by the way." Chancellor: "Congratulations!" KC: "Thank you I don't know if you were supposed to say that yet, but okay." SA: "Katie's getting ready to direct her first episode! Are we live?" KC: "I am so excited." She then mentioned doing the Warner Brothers directors' program.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

#SDCC 2019: The Cast of 'Arrow' [VIDEO]
July 20, 2019
https://www.etonline.com/live/20190720181225-sdcc-2019-the-cast-of-arrow

-- On KC directing an episode this season, KC: "I am, I am, I'm so excited... Yes, Stephen broke the news earlier... I am. Episode - are we allowed to say what episode? 803. Um, I actually start prep on Tuesday. So, very soon."

-- On what they can tease about the final season, DR: "I think it's a tribute. There's a certain amount of, um - I like what Stephen said in terms of a victory lap. You sense that. Um, there'll be a lot of stuff from the past, I think. There'll be some old faces at are going to show up. Um, but I think, just in  terms of the pacing, I think it's changed, because we usually do this in 22 episodes and now we're doing it in 10, so I think you're just going to sense a sense of a movie very single time you watch an episode of Arrow." KC: "Yeah, I feel like every - it almost feels - yeah, cinematic. Each episode is huge." SA: "Yeah, I've read 1, 2 and 3 - 1, 2 and 3 are very contained. 1 is its own thing. 2 is its own thing. 3 is its own thing. (To KC) Best of luck, by the way... It's very, very contained. Obviously, there's a throughline. We're building toward the crossover. But, it's very fun. And it's fun working with some familiar faces, too."

-- RG: "I can say, you haven't seen Rene this way in the very first episode of Season 8."

-- On whether we'll be getting EBR back in this final season, SA: "No... Not that I know of... What do you want from me? It's a yes or no question."

-- On what they can tease about the COIE crossover, SA: "I'm going to play more than one character in the crossover... They're all named Oliver, if that helps." Leanne Aguilera: "Oh good, we're getting different Earth Olivers, I like it." SA: "No. No. Maybe."

Edited by tv echo

What a perfect fanvid trailer! 

Out of the minimal new stuff, welcome back hot Oliver. It is a travesty that you look like that while you're away from your wife, who deserves to see you in all your hot glory all day everyday. Always here for Josh Segarra, and on a shallow note, KC's hair looks tragic IRL but really good styled with whatever that outfit/mask they have her in is. 

That's all I got. 

• Love 7

I haven’t been able to watch the trailer but I saw a couple screenshots. KC’s look reminds me of Smallville’s BC. Colin and Josh look hot. I’m so sad we don’t get Olicity when Oliver looks this good. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Arrow Cast Drops Final Season Teases, Reveals Who They Want to Return [VIDEO]
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 20 2019, 1
https://tvline.com/2019/07/20/arrow-final-season-8-preview-cast-video-oliver-crisis-mission/

-- Matt Mitovich: "What's this season going to look like? Is it going to be a season of Arrow? Is it going to be the final season of Arrow? Is it going to be a lead-up to Crisis? Is it going to be a little bit of both?" SA: "Its the second and the third thing that you said. It's the final season and it's a lead-up. It feels different. It doesn't feel - we don't have the amount of time that we have. Normally we would take nine episodes to kind of introduce the main, like, the crux of the season, the Big Bad. That's not the case this year." MM: "You're jumping right into the buddy cop movie with you and the Monitor?" SA: "That's right. That's right. Yeah. He and I have an old car... (Everyone laughs) It is actually a little bit like a buddy cop movie, but it's not necessarily me and the Monitor."

-- On whether there's a Big Bad for the final 10 episodes, SA: "Uh, nuhyeah, no. Kind of. Except he might not be bad."

-- On what the rest of Team Arrow will be doing while Oliver's doing what he's doing, JH: "We're trying to keep order, you know, without our leader.. and do the best we can." RG: "Because last season we saw, uh, Rene as the mayor in the future, I think we're going to kind of see the little bit of the beginnings of how he got there." 

-- On what E2 Laurel's up to this season, KC: "Laurel's doing her thing. Um, I like to say, she's kinda like her own - her own island. She's got her own, you know, sort of... journey." Matt Mitovich: "She's a lone wolf." KC: "Yes, yes." SA: "No, no, you weren't. Not in the pilot - not in the premiere, you're not a lone wolf. You got a team member." KC: "Somebody who... we mentioned?" SA: "No." KC: "We can't mention. It'll be really exciting. Yes, that is true. Um, she's plotting and planning her own -  you can say it, I'm not going to."

-- On whether Oliver expects that he might one day see Felicity again as he's going about doing his mission for the Monitor or whether he has ruled that out, SA: "His expectations are that he's there to do the Monitor's bidding. And, um, he's there to do it alone. And, uh, it's only after a very familiar encounter that he realizes that, you know, by hook or by crook, he's not going to be allowed to do it alone."

-- SA: "The series finale is going to be independent of the crossover... The crossover this year is in our 8th episode, I believe, but we have 10 episodes to do."

-- KC: "What's really cool and special about this is, I was saying before, this whole season feels like a tribute to the entire eight seasons of the show." RG: "Like a love letter."

-- KC: "I'm actually directing an episode... It'll be a fun experience."

-- RG: "And David's doing [directing] another episode this season as well."

-- SA said that MG is "stepping back in for her [EP Beth Schwartz], as Beth is taking a little time away for the kiddo."

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I haven’t been able to watch the trailer but I saw a couple screenshots. KC’s look reminds me of Smallville’s BC. Colin and Josh look hot. I’m so sad we don’t get Olicity when Oliver looks this good. 

The two side by side
3515pwj.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Another media rep tweeted the same thing, but it's still hard to know if SA is being truthful or joking...

I think he's being honest. I mean, even if they stick with the ending they already have it's an Arrow kind of happy since Felicity gets to go and be with Oliver wherever in the hell he is. 

Marc still calls her Black Siren

It's very bee-esque 

• Love 1

I don’t like the concept art but the screenshot actually looks good. 

SA said that Arrow ended in S7. It wouldn’t surprise me if the ending is Oliver going into the paradise dimension to wait for Felicity. 

• Love 1

I like the new suit and I also don't. It looks very beelike, and you know every time her foot or toe is going to get caught in that fishnet section. Are those more fingerless gloves? Better for spreading your identity everywhere, I suppose. 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I like the new suit and I also don't. It looks very beelike, and you know every time her foot or toe is going to get caught in that fishnet section. Are those more fingerless gloves? Better for spreading your identity everywhere, I suppose. 

They suspend enough disbelief at this point that it doesn't really matter but it already seems like they made changes between the actual suit and the concept art that she may have different gloves. 

Still not sure why they never went with the type of gloves she wore in 1x15
Arrow-Season-1-Episode-15-13-7a49.jpg

Edited by Primal Slayer

Charlie Barnett is a huge pickup.  He was so good in "Russian Doll" and was shocked he didn't get an Emmy nod out of it.  I'm still torn about the Arrow/Oliver stuff, but still hopeful for the Star City 2040 plots.

(edited)

According to the media, adult JJ is a series regular role...

Arrow Season 8: Chicago Fire Vet Charlie Barnett Cast as [....]
By Vlada Gelman / July 20 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/07/20/arrow-charlie-barnett-cast-john-diggle-jr-season-8/

Arrow‘s flash-forward family is expanding: Charlie Barnett (Chicago Fire) has joined the CW drama’s eighth and final season in the series-regular role of John Diggle, Jr., aka J.J., it was announced at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday.
J.J. has “a bit of an edge to him,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim shared at the show’s panel, adding that viewers “are going to be really surprised about the way we bring him in…and particularly what costume he wears.”

'Arrow': Charlie Barnett Joins Final Season As John Diggle Jr. – Comic-Con
By Denise Petski  July 20, 2019
https://deadline.com/2019/07/arrow-charlie-barnett-cast-final-season-john-diggle-jr-1202649690/

Charlie Barnett (Russian Doll) is set as a new series regular in the role of John Diggle, Jr. Known as J.J., John Diggle, Jr. is the Flashpoint-born son of John Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla Michaels (Audrey Marie Anderson). We meet J.J. in the future as the leader of the Deathstroke Gang, where he faces off against Mia and his adopted brother, Connor. Fans first learned of John Diggle’s other son following last season’s introduction of next-gen vigilantes Mia Smoak and Connor Hawke.

‘Russian Doll’ Star Charlie Barnett Joins ‘Arrow’ Final Season
By WILL THORNE    JULY 20, 2019
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/charlie-barnett-arrow-final-season-1203274567/

Barnett, who is having a busy year having also appeared in Netflix’s “Tales of the City,” comes on board in the series regular role of John Diggle, Jr., son of David Ramsey’s character. News of his casting was announced at the show’s farewell Comic-Con panel where things got suitably emotional. The CW series is coming to an end after season 8, which premieres in October.

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim teased that Barnett’s character has “a bit of an edge to him” and will wear a costume that fans will find “very surprising.”

Arrow Casts John Diggle's Flashpoint Son, Diggle Jr for Season 8
by Tim Adams – on Jul 20, 2019
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-john-diggle-jr-flashpoint-son-season-8/

Announced at the Arrow Panel Saturday night at Comic-Con International in San Diego, Charlie Barnett (Russian Doll) is set to join The CW series' final season as John Diggle, Jr. in a new series regular role.

Diggle, Jr., also known as J.J., is the Flashpoint-born son of John Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla Michaels (Audrey Marie Anderson). Fans will meet J.J. in the future as the leader of the Deathstroke Gang, where he faces off against Mia Smoak and his adopted brother, Connor Hawke.

Edited by tv echo
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

I feel like Juliana's been very quiet about Dinah...has she said anything about what she's up to in S8?

Police captain again, confident in her new found canary ways. 

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Groundbreaking. 

I mean outside of Stephen and David i expect same old themes. They need to set up the stories they hinted at during the FF. That means city turning against the vigilantes and them being hunted, Dinah getting her Canary network off their feet, Rene with his politics ambitions. Siren joining Dinah. 

(edited)

Susanna Thompson Returns To Arrow In Season 8 "Starling City"
Published on Jul 21, 2019, by KSiteTV

-- On whether there are any returning actors (other than Colin Donnell and Josh Segarra) that haven't been announced yet for the S8 premiere, MG: "There actually are. There are a few people. You know what? I'm going to give you an exclusive, 'cause I don't think we had a chance to talk about this on the panel. Susannah Thompson is back, um, for our season premiere... It's a love letter to the show. It really is... I was telling Beth it felt a lot like the series finale, not the series premiere, in the best possible way... In fact, it was almost to the point where we're like, 'what are we going to do for the series finale?' I mean, we know, obviously, but, um, it has that kind of resonance to it, and that's exciting."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Olicity Forever! Stephen Amell’s Sweet Words About Missing Emily Bett Rickards on ‘Arrow’
Published on Jul 20, 2019, by extratv

-- RG: "You know, this season will be a culmination of, like, you know, everything we've put in and also, like, a really great love letter to the fans, and for us to kinda wrap things up in a way that satisfies and fulfills everything that we've done on the show. So hopefully we get to do that."

-- On Oliver's mindset now that he's been separated from Felicity and Mia, SA: "He's resigned. Is that okay? Because you choked a little bit when I said it. He's resigned. He's resigned. I don't want to play Oliver over the last 10 episodes as morose. I want to play him as resigned and committed and willing to see things through. 'Cause I don't want the fans to - I - We actually have an episode where it's just him sitting in a corner for 30 minutes, um, (Other cast members chuckle) - trying to save money. Uh, nah, I want him to be proactive."

-- On whether it's possible to reverse the 20-year separation and give Oliver a happy ending, SA: "Look, we've kinda mapped out how the show is gonna end. And normally when television shows do that, that's not how it ends, which is probably why that's how it's gonna end."

-- On what lessons Oliver still needs to learn, SA: "Frankly, I think he's learned all the lessons that he needs to learn. You know, he's impatient. He likes to do things on his own. He's impulsive. Um, but, you know, if that's in the servitude of protecting people, then I'm glad that he has all of those faults."

-- DR: "There's more story to be told with Diggle. Uh, his father, his wife, his son, two sons actually... And the lasting relationship that he has with the team. So there's a lot more story to cover in - within 8 episodes. And from my understanding, they do a pretty good job of it."

-- On whether we'll ever see Diggle in the future with his son Connor, DR: "The direct answer to your question is probably not, immediately, but you'll know what's happened... or happening."

-- On what we can expect from bringing back CD and JS in the S8 premiere, SA: "Tommy gets to play the Tommy that we always wanted him to play. And, uh, Josh as Adrian, um, gets to come back and just be awesome... Missed having Josh so much. He comes back with a vengeance in the first episode."

-- SA: "I shot a scene with David the other - just the - was it yesterday? Was it Thursday? (DR: "Um-hmm.") I shot a scene with David on Thursday, and it's not supposed to be a sad scene. But he had allergies and the wind's blowing. And as I'm delivering the line, this perfect tear rolls down his cheek. And it was because of allergies. I hope they - I hope they use it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

David Ramsey | Arrow Season 8 | Comic-Con 2019

-- On what he thinks Diggle will react to the most in the upcoming COIE crossover, DR: "I think the enormity of what this is, these multiple Earths... what the Monitor's endgame is, I think, would be something that really would flip a person like Diggle."

-- On whether there's world where Baby Sara might still exist, DR: "I would love that on one of the Earths. Me and Marc(?) have actually talked about that. It would be great if they just kinda run into a grown-up Baby Sara, right? I don't know, but it would be great."

-- On the chances that we'll see a Green Lantern ring on Diggle's finger (on a scale of 1 to 10), DR: "I don't know, but I still know it's in the talks, which, you know, is not dead. So we'll see." On his new Spartan suit which has some green in it, DR: "Another homage... They've been dropping hints, man, for six seasons."

Edited by tv echo
10 minutes ago, tv echo said:

On his new Spartan suit which has some green in it

Clearly that whole mess in S6 was just Diggle being upset he didn’t have any color in his suit. He didn’t want to be the Green Arrow or in charge. He just wanted to wear the color green. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Stephen Amell | Arrow Season 8 | Comic-Con 2019 | Crisis on Infinite Earths

-- On what he can tease about CD and JS's return in the S8 premiere, SA: "Colin Donnell is playing Tommy Merlyn, and Josh Segarra is playing Adrian Chase."

-- On whether other actors might be returning for the S8 premiere that haven't been announced, SA: "Oh yes. One in particular that was, um... There's a scene in the - actually, there's two. There's a scene in the Queen Mansion that I'm incredibly fond of."

-- On what he can tease about Oliver's mission for the Monitor, SA: "Oliver is effectively - we don't know how much time passes between 7 and 8. Um, certainly enough time to let my hair grow a little bit. Um, but Oliver is doing the Monitor's bidding. What we get into in the early part of it is, like, what do I actually know about the Monitor? Should I just trust him? Clearly, when I told him I needed to save Barry and Kara, he gave me an arrow that allowed me to defeat Superman. So, from that standpoint, he's trustworthy. But, like, am I really willing to put everything on the line for this guy?"

-- On how Oliver is coping without Felicity, SA: "He's doing okay. It's very important to me that - that he stands by his decision, that he's not morose. Um, there's a reason and there's a very, very good reason that he is actually quite emotionally distraught, um, in the season premiere, because he unexpectedly loses someone. But it's also important that, when Felicity says to him, 'hey, wherever you go, whatever you do, I will find you,' that he believes in that."

-- On the possibility that we might see EBR again before the series is over, SA: "Maybe. It would feel, um - frankly, it would feel shitty to end the series not seeing her again. But I am also a big fan of goodbyes. When you say goodbye, it's okay if you say goodbye."

-- On what excites him most about the COIE crossover, SA: "An idea that I pitched that's being pitched out in the coming weeks... I think it's a really cool idea... I have this one idea that I think is really cool, and I just hope that we can make it happen."

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

On what lessons Oliver still needs to learn, SA: "Frankly, I think he's learned all the lessons that he needs to learn.

Yes, thank you. 

• Love 3
(edited)

'ARROW' Roundtable | Stephen Amell
Published on Jul 21, 2019, by Rama's Screen

-- On what the "Arrowverse" is going to be called now that Arrow is going away, SA: "The Berlantiverse, which is what it should actually be called. No, you know, no, it's still the Arrowverse. We're not going away. We're just ending our run... You going to call it the Flashverse? That would be stupid. It's still going to be the Arrowverse. Tell Grant I said that, by the way."

-- On whether he'd want Oliver and Barry to have a little adventure before the crossover, SA: "Any chance I get to work with Grant, I'll take. I love working with him. Aside from, um - aside from Emily and David, he is my favorite person to work with."

-- In response to interviewer commenting that it's hard to imagine 10 episodes without Felicity and asking how that's going to work with Oliver because he's hasn't done well in the past when they've been separated, SA: "From a practical standpoint, it sucks. I don't like doing the show without Emily. It's like trying to type without your pinkie... I don't like doing the show without Emily. Um, Arrow ended in 722. The show's done, right? Arrow, the final season - it's like an event series, so to speak. Like, imagine that we ended in 722 and then we took an 8-year break and then we came back for 10 episodes. That's what this season is like... It's tough being there and doing what we do without her, because she's the best. But I also think that, you know, we're going to make do."

-- In response to interviewer commenting that MG has already spoiled that, at some point, SA will be working with KM,* SA: "Is that true? Did he say that?" Interviewer: "Quote, he said, 'It would not be ideal if we didn't find a way to get Stephen and Kat together in a room.'" SA: "Same with Ben. Um, yeah, look, we're all under contract. If we go through the final season and Oliver doesn't interact with his kids in some way, shape or form, that'd be a mistake, wouldn't it?" On how that would happen, SA: "I don't know. I actually don't know. I'm not being coy... What would Oliver do? The last time he saw Mia, she was an infant, right? Kissed her goodbye, walks away. Does he recognize her? Does he recognize William? Probably recognizes William. And William certainly recognizes him. What does that look like? I don't know... I'd probably approach it like a big sloppy puddle of emotions. I don't know... If Oliver turns around and sees Mia as a grown woman, he'd probably pass out. Wouldn't you?"

(* I have not yet seen this MG interview.)

-- SA: "It's so fun having Josh [Segarra] doing what he's doing in the premiere."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I`m actually looking forward to Oliver`s crazy Monitor adventures. That could potentially be very interesting and trippy. 

And while the flash forwards haven`t always been the greatest, I do like the legacy cast there. 

Not at all looking forward to Rene and his probably appearing mullet setting up his mayor route. Or Dinah basically doing the same crap she has been boring me with for the last year. 

At least Diggle seems to work a lot with Oliver or will it be Alt!Diggles? They have done a pretty shoddy job redeeming the character after that atrociousness at the end of Season 7/beginning Season 8 but with Diggle at least, I have my nostalgic love to fall back on for him and his bromance with Oliver. 

I think it`s good that the x-over is not the Arrow Finale. The show deserves its own farewell. It makes me a bit more hopeful for sneaking Emily into the final episode for some epic Olicity happy ending-ness. If TVD could get Nina Dobrev back, I see no reason why Arrow couldn`t bring Emily back and if it were just for a day or two of shooting. That`s not too much to ask. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

-- On how Oliver is coping without Felicity, SA: "He's doing okay. It's very important to me that - that he stands by his decision, that he's not morose. Um, there's a reason and there's a very, very good reason that he is actually quite emotionally distraught, um, in the season premiere, because he unexpectedly loses someone. But it's also important that, when Felicity says to him, 'hey, wherever you go, whatever you do, I will find you,' that he believes in that."

Distraught by loosing someone not Felicity.....alt!whichever character?

They wouldn't have him be completely morose for all the episodes but it's nice that he's taken her words to heart that they will find each other again, as long as they don't erase that part of the ffs. And yeah he's going to mean his kids somehow.

8 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

At least Diggle seems to work a lot with Oliver or will it be Alt!Diggles? They have done a pretty shoddy job redeeming the character after that atrociousness at the end of Season 7/beginning Season 8 but with Diggle at least, I have my nostalgic love to fall back on for him and his bromance with Oliver. 

Looking forward to this bit as well. Maybe a mix of actual Diggle and Alt!Diggles? I feel like they're almost certainly going to have him as John Stewart at some point. I really want them to actually work on some of Dig's pod!Diggle-ness but this doesn't really sound like the season to do it, unless lots of scenes together, knowing Oliver is going to "die" in the COIE will mean appologies/heartfelt talks.

• Love 2
(edited)

'ARROW' Roundtable | Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy
Published on Jul 21, 2019, by Rama's Screen

KC Interview:
-- On whether the Canaries will team up now that they're on the same side, KC: "Oh, I'm sure. I mean, I have no doubt. I think that, you know, but I think the season is going to be a tribute to all of the seasons of the show. Um, so I definitely think we'll have a little bit of everything. I also think we're going to see Laurel, you know, sort of align herself with Oliver in terms of the - uh, while he fulfills his quest to save the multiverse. Um, I also have a new costume, which I don't know if you've seen. It's really good. So that's awesome. And they're letting me keep my hair short, which I also do love because it's fresh, right? It keeps things fresh. And I'm directing 803."

-- On the episode (803) she'll be directing, KC: "I feel like each season represents something on the show, and it covers a place and a time - that's all I can tell you."

-- On whether she wants to see some Earth-2 characters from her character's past in the final season, KC: "Oh, yeah. I mean... Black Siren with Black Siren's bad [unintelligible word?] Black Siren is so fun to play. But also, you know, Laurel this season is basically like Laurel never died. She's lived, and I do get to keep - incorporate a little bit more of that sass and that, you know - I don't mean to say bitchiness, but edginess... She's a little harder than the straight and narrow Laurel. Um, so, yeah, I definitely think there's a little mixed in there and it would be cool to see, like, maybe a flashback episode or something where you see Earth-2 Black Siren, where I can really just, you know, kill 'em with my sass. It's fun."

-- On whether she'll be interacting with the future kids, KC: "I certainly hope so. I think it's, um, a possibility. I don't write the show... I would definitely love to be... I definitely think there's a world in which that could happen. Um, you should tell or ask Marc Guggenheim. See what he says, and then let me know."

-- On whether her character will be involved in saving the multiverse or whether that's Oliver's journey alone, KC: "Yes. Laurel will end up sort of aligning herself and teaming up with Oliver to help him fulfill his quest to save the multiverse, for sure. And I do think fans are kinda wanting to see that, especially, by the way, with the new costume... Obviously, the costume is for the fans."

-- KC: "Hopefully, you know, maybe they'll do - who knows, anything can happen, another spinoff. (Interviewer: "Birds of Prey?")  I'm trying. Um, I think that would be awesome. I pitched it. I think they should. It's time for women. Come on, we got this!"

JH Interview:
-- On what happens between Dinah and E2 Laurel, JH: "So, I don't fully know what happens between them yet, but I know there's a dynamic with the Canaries and a story with the Canaries that is really cool and really exciting and really different... You will start to see it at the very beginning."

-- JH: "Actually, I think with Oliver not being there, Dinah feels more of a responsibility to the city. So I think she's going to stay strong in her desire to be the captain [of the SCPD] as well as the Black Canary, instead of being so torn."

-- On whether we'll see Dinah in the future this season, JH: "So, yeah, I believe we will. Maybe in a different capacity. But she still has a story going on in both timelines."

-- If she was writing the ending for Dinah, JH would want the following for her: get her cry back, remain captain but also own her Black Canary-ness, and end up part of a team (since she started as a loner).

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1