Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Final Countdown

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

Looks like Oliver's wearing Yao-Fei's hood 

7 hours ago, tv echo said:

I think this might be for 804, but I don't know if the filming for 803 took the usual 8 business days. Assuming that 804 is an ode to S4 or another past season (though no one has said so), what in S4-S7 might lend itself to this elegant house setting?

Yeah, I think it's for 804 as well, since if following schedule they should have started 804 some time today, and they did use this space for filming on like all of the Arrowverse shows during s4, so maybe that is it XD

8 hours ago, tv echo said:

ARROW: Katie Cassidy on Her Directorial Debut

-- On why she wants to direct, KC: "I feel like I have an eye for certain things. Um, I really want to - it's just about telling a story through the way - through my eyes. You know, sharing a story through my eyes with the world, um, the way I interpret it. And I don't know why, but I do have like a burning desire to do that. Um, I think also I'm more, again, pictures and stuff, film, movies, storytelling, showing people instead of just - it's another way of communicating, you know, it's like getting - this is my vision, my art, this is what I see and - I don't know, I shadowed Season 1, I shadowed again Season 6, I shadowed Season 7, so I shadowed quite a few times, um, and it's great. I'm excited."

I'm going to ready myself for a few possible WTH moments if we are going to see Arrow through her eyes.  She's seen her character in ways often not scripted so how does she see the rest of the show at this point?

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

-- SA: "That's three episodes down, seven episodes to go on our final season of Arrow, uh, not including the crossovers, like, 11 episodes that are just the crossover, or five, I don't know. I can't remember. It's just a lot... This was a really great episode. I wanna thank two people, one person I can actually thank right now and one person who I can't, because we don't know who it is and they haven't been announced yet. But, I would really like to congratulate Katie. Um, this was her first episode directing and she did a really, really lovely job. Um, she doesn't like to do a lot of takes, which I like, and, um, just in general, I'm sure it can be really intimidating, but she gave a lot to the actors. It was really positive and, um, she just put me in the position where, frankly, I wanted to deliver a good performance for her, because she deserves it and, um, yeah, she'll direct again. She was really great. Oh, yeah, two guest stars that I can't - well, in any event, it's really good. Also, this is exciting. I've got some news to share. I can't share it just yet. But, um, I don't know, fun, cool developments that are happening. But, uh, thank you guys very much. Um, three down, seven to go. Really, really, really enjoying myself. And, um, that's it."

Edited by tv echo

I don't know if this fits the social media thread better but since there is possibly a big spoiler (if Juliana was on set...) What are we thinking?

Looks like WH may have been on set on Aug. 14 (during 803 filming) - or at least someone playing "Thea Queen"...

In this video, Pagey says that he recorded it when Arrow was filming 803 and that his big spoiler is about the "Thea Queen" trailer sightings on the Arrow set...

Edited by tv echo

We know that Antonio Negret directed 802, so I wonder if he was asked to stick around to be a mentoring director or consultant for 803. If you recall, a papp had tweeted a pic of a Beckmark Production sheet for 803 that listed both Antonio Negret and Katie Cassidy under its "Director" heading (previously posted in Spoilers thread)...

Looks like LoT and Flash are doing the same thing (pairing an experienced director with a newbie director)...

Edited by tv echo

Hopefully we will see WH on set and not a stand in or alternative actress for a version of Thea. She could be one of the people Oliver has closure with in the first few eps. Hopefully it's the one that actually is his sister. 

Emily could just be visiting the set because we knew she was home in Vancouver. It seems a bit early for her to be filming anything even if she has agreed to come back (which is obviously far from certain.) 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RS3 said:

I don't know if this fits the social media thread better but since there is possibly a big spoiler (if Juliana was on set...) What are we thinking?

That def sounds like EBR. I love that if she does come back, we’re probably going to know exactly when because of stuff like this and paps checking out trailers. SA mentioned two special guest stars - if WH is one, who could the other be?  I doubt it’s EBR so soon. JH also did a story with EK in it, but it sounds like he’s doing bts stuff, not guest starring. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, tv echo said:

From SA panel at Fan Expo Boston today...

Seinfeld and LOST type things are the two kinds of finales that I don't think Arrow would do well, regardless of how people liked the originals or not. Guess he's kind of pushing the "controversial finales" thing still. It may have no baring on how Arrow's is though. 

Not really surprising that the last two episodes are just a wrap up of loose ends and things that have changed since COIE. 

2 hours ago, Chaser said:

I feel like 8x04 would be too early for her return. Could they be filming for later episodes?

Assuming of course, she is returning at all.

I'm keeping my expectations in check by telling myself that this is just a friendly BTS/trailer visit. Then again, they could have met for coffee on the weekends... Damn expectations. 

Stephen Amell ARROW Panel - Fan Expo Boston 2019
Published on Aug 17, 2019, by Fandom Spotlite

-- On his favorite series finale ever, SA: "People are going to be really upset, because it's Lost. I love the finale of Lost. I liked the finale of - I liked the finale of Lost. I also really liked the finale of Seinfeld. Um, yeah, Breaking Bad, I was like, 'yeah, sure, it's good,' but I thought everything leading up to Breaking Bad was good... I liked the Game of Thrones finale once I realized that the last episode was effectively like an epilogue. So. And I think that's going to be - it's going to be interesting for us for our finale, because they announced that the - the crossover is the eighth episode. And I feel like everything after the crossover might be somewhat anti-climactic. So maybe it's - maybe ours will play like an epilogue as well. I'm not sure."

-- SA: "We've actually tried in the final season to - and I've been joking about this - to really try to bring in some levity to the character and some humor, you know, because I did hear a rumor once upon a time that Oliver Queen does have a sense of humor in the comics. Um, we tried to bring a bit of that in."

-- Fan asked, when JB turns 60, if SA was going to deliver a birthday cake to him in a tiny bathing suit as well. SA: "It's part of the deal. Every 10 years, I put on a tiny suit and I deliver John Barrowman a birthday cake... He's back in the show in Season 8 and that was actually a rider that he put into his contracts."

-- On what happens to the Arrowverse once Arrow's gone because Arrow is the structure for everything, SA: "I think that, kinda by definition, um, you know, once - once our show's done, then, in my opinion, then it - Grant becomes the - Grant as Barry Allen becomes the, you know, central point in the universe, for sure. And, um, he'll do a great job with it. But, um, I don't know. Just don't start calling it the Flashverse. Okay? ... Just keep calling it the Arrowverse. But no, you know, there will always be - we just happened to be first. Right? But what I think is - what I actually think is, I think that the crossover this year will do a really good job of answering that question for you."

-- Fan: "So throughout all the seasons, you've had different love interests. Who do you believe that Arrow is truly in love with?" SA: "Felicity. For sure. Yeah." (Audience applause)  Fan: "Thank you." SA: "Thank you. (To Mod) I got off easy on that one." Mod: "I know. That was pretty easy." SA: "I thought I was gonna have to be specific and rank - (Makes hand gesture)." Mod: "I thought she was going to challenge you or like there was gonna be a throwdown. No, it was easy."

-- On which suit was his favorite out of all eight seasons, SA: "The Season 1 suit, for sure. Um, and in Season 8, um, we tried to make a suit - and you can see in the trailer that we put out at Comic Con - we tried to make a suit that, um, felt like it was an ode to the first couple of seasons. And, um, we brought back the Season 1 bow, just because I liked it."

Edited by tv echo

"Be happy that you're here with me and not with him" does not bode well for where Diggle is at in the flash forwards. I wonder if his mission Earth-hopping with Oliver messes him up? 

SA's "It's what I want; I pitched if for a very long time" makes me nervous because he's been talking about Oliver dying at the end for years. DR's "just like Oliver's ending, I think people are going to be pleased with it" makes me less nervous:

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

SA's "It's what I want; I pitched if for a very long time" makes me nervous because he's been talking about Oliver dying at the end for years. DR's "just like Oliver's ending, I think people are going to be pleased with it" makes me less nervous:

Maybe the paradise dimension is sort of a compromise? SA gets a sort of death for Oliver, but fans will get a happy ending for him and Felicity?

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe the paradise dimension is sort of a compromise? SA gets a sort of death for Oliver, but fans will get a happy ending for him and Felicity?

Yeah, I think it's something like this. Although the fact that Crisis happens and then there's still 2 episodes afterwards is the really thing that's confusing me about all of this

• Love 1
2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, I think it's something like this. Although the fact that Crisis happens and then there's still 2 episodes afterwards is the really thing that's confusing me about all of this

Since we know SA is playing multiple Olivers maybe AN Oliver dies in Crisis and everyone assumes it’s ours, but in the last episode it’s revealed it’s not? It would give SA the chance to play a big death scene which he clearly wants to do, but still allow for a happy ending. 

Although that recent interview with Charlie Barnett where he say he’s not sure if his future character sticks makes me veer back towards a ‘the crossover changes the flash forwards’ theory. 

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Although that recent interview with Charlie Barnett where he say he’s not sure if his future character sticks makes me veer back towards a ‘the crossover changes the flash forwards’ theory. 

Tbh that made me more think that maybe he dies or leaves town or something like that, although that might be more of me not thinking that they are changing the FF. I know a bunch of people want it, but idk they put so much work into 716 I don't see them changing it, especially if a spinoff is even a concept (or at least enough for it to be a legitimate question from press). Also, if he's only in a few episodes and possibly done or almost done filming, it would be weird to change things for the FF before crisis.

• Love 2

Arrow Season 8: David Ramsey on Diggle’s Sons
Delia Harrington Alec Bojalad   Aug 21, 2019
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/arrow/282953/arrow-season-8-david-ramsey-connor-hawke-jj-diggle

... Den of Geek spoke with David Ramsay, who plays Diggle, to learn more about how this theme of fathers and sons will play out on Arrow season 8, the final season, this fall. 

For many viewers, the surprise that JJ was gender-swapped (and no one really seemed to care?) had only just worn off when it was revealed that Connor Hawke was actually Diggle’s grown, adopted son in the future. But what was David Ramsay’s reaction when he found out? 

“I was like, ‘For real?!’ That was really my reaction. Like, [my voice] really went up in inflection, the whole thing. Just like that, like, ‘Really?’ I was really like, ‘Really?’”
However, the inclusion of Hudson’s character brought Ramsay clarity: “He married my mother, but, ultimately, there was a process where he took me under his wing. But that opens up the door to me understanding that there's someone else that needs my help…and that's such a John Diggle thing. Right? That makes total sense, that John Diggle would do this. But my initial reaction was, "What, really?" But after it was explained, I totally got it.”

Viewers have, of course, already met Connor Hawke in the future. But when we last saw him in the present, he was a small child and his father, Ben Turner (former alias: Bronze Tiger), was very much still alive and out of Slabside maximum-security prison. One of the mysteries season 7 left for the final season is what happens to Ben Turner and how Dig and Lyla come to adopt Connor. 
Ramsey is playing things coy, for now anyway. “I can't tell you what episode, but you'll find out. You'll find out the circumstances in which all this happens, and how and why it happens. But I can't tell you what episode that is.”

What we do know is that Charlie Barnett has been cast as future-JJ, Dig and Lyla’s other son, whose appearance next season has been teased heavily. “I've seen Charlie's work, and I was like, ‘Yes!’ And he looks like he could be me and Audrey's son,” referring to Marie Anderson, who plays Diggle’s wife Lyla. 

“I haven't met him yet…I can't wait to, ultimately, hopefully, work with him. Fingers crossed.” At the time of the interview at the Summer TCA press tour (August 4, 2019), Ramsay said they had just finished working on episode two. 

Edited by tv echo

This was just posted about 30 minutes ago - why were they still shooting a scene for 801? (801's scheduled shoot dates were July 11-23, 2019) ...

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

This was just posted about 30 minutes ago - why were they still shooting a scene for 801? (801's scheduled shoot dates were July 11-23, 2019) ...

Pickups or reshoots for episodes happen a bunch of times (the FF in 410 was filmed during 414, FF for 712-714 were all filmed together in the last week of shooting in December, BL filmed what was likely his "Overwatch" coverage for 801 I think a day after 801 was supposed to be done, etc.). Must have been a scheduling issue for the location (or maybe a weather issue if filming outside) or actors for a scene in 801, so they are picking it up now.

ETA: Yeah, I'm guessing a reshoot for outside shots

Edited by way2interested

DR is now 2nd on the call sheet...

Arrow Season 8: David Ramsey on the Final Season
Delia Harrington Alec Bojalad  Aug 23, 2019
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/arrow/282955/arrow-season-8-david-ramsey-final-season 

...  Den of geek caught up with David Ramsey at the TCA’s to discuss Arrow season 8, reflect on the impact the show has had and how it feels to have been a part of the CW DC renaissance. 
What's it like working on this season without Emily (Bett Rickards) and Felicity (Smoak)?
[DAVID RAMSEY:]
It's tough. Same story I've been telling everybody. We were there on the first day of 801, in the foundry, me and Stephen, where Emily normally is. Near Felicity's workspace. She wasn't there. And it was a noticeable energy gone. Just noticeable. You felt it. You don't really replace energy like that, you move past it. Now, granted, our rushing up to episode eight of the crossover does that successfully in the sense that we're making great television even without that presence being there, but we still miss her very much.
It does seem like it's going to be a fairly atypical final season for a TV show, just because of that crossover event. What's it like to balance this enormous crossover with it being the last go around for everybody?
Well, it won't be the last go around for anyone else, I would imagine, their crossover will continue, even without Arrow. But, for us, it's bittersweet in that it's sad but also awesome because, I kind of know how it's going to end. Not kind of. I do know how it's going to end. So it's like, "They're never going to get this! They're never going to see this coming! Oh my god! That's a red herring!" So all that stuff is real exciting as a fan. So we're reading that in the script. When I get the script, it's like, "Smart! Clever! Oh, they thought that. No, this." So I kind of geek out about it.

That's kind of cool, because even though you guys are ending, you almost could just see the real, tangible evidence that the spirit of this never going to end, and it's still going on with the crossovers and spinoffs.
That's right. And you get to see how it gets played out, right? As opposed to you just work, and all of a sudden you get the call of, "Oh, you won't be here for next year," in the middle of episode nine. But we knew last year, so it was like, "Great, we get to go out the way we want to go out."
What's been one of your favorite moments of this whole experience? When you think of your time on Arrow, what's the thing that most readily comes to your mind?
Really, a few things. Three big things. The fans. My coworkers. And the executives. 
And I wasn't always second on the call sheet. I started this taking a pay cut at number five. That's the truth. And it was always, from day one, "Whatever you want, call me. Whatever you need, talk to me." And there are a lot of people in this business where that type of rapport is only in lip service. It doesn't really exist, practically. And it did. Still does. And I'm talking about particularly with Greg, Peter, and Mark. And Beth. Beth didn't start off as a showrunner, that's why I didn't include her initially. But it's become that with Beth, and that just doesn't really exist to the extent that it exists with a lot of executives in this business.

And then after that it would be the cast. Cast has been terrific. We had lightning in a bottle, man. Me, Stephen, and Emily, it just doesn't happen a lot.
So those are the three elements of come to my mind when I think about why Arrow was successful and what I'll miss about it.

Excellent. That's one of my favorite things about TV. You mentioned you climbing up the call sheet, just that improvisation, and I mean improvisation of just how for these series that go on for so long, you have those little surprises, where it's like, "Oh, well this guy's going to be a huge part of the show."
That's right. And you just don't know it. I mean, talk about Emily. Emily came on a guest star for one episode. And it's just lightning. Boom! Hits again. It's just been one of those things that, time after time, after time, after time, there's lightning in a bottle. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Arrow Season 8: David Ramsey on Directing in the Final Season
Delia Harrington Alec Bojalad   Aug 22, 2019
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/arrow/282954/arrow-season-8-david-ramsey-directing

David Ramsey’s directorial debut was Arrow’s season 7 episode 11, “Past Sins,” one of the better episodes of last season. Lucky for us, he’s back in the director’s chair again for Arrow season 8, the final season, this time with episode six, the title for which has not yet been released. Den of Geek caught up with David at the Summer 2019 TCA press tour and chatted about his experience directing for the show.

When asked about his highlights of Arrow’s final season, Ramsey shouted out the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover (crossovers are our annual favorite, too) and humbly neglected to mention his sophomore directorial outing. After a bit of prodding, though, he opened up about his feelings on the experience. 

“Incredible, man. I've been bitten! I think I've been bitten. It's incredible. I mean, it's episodic, so you're buying into a way of doing things. You only have a certain amount of say. It's not independent film. But it's probably similar to a studio film in that there's a way of doing it, people have a vision, and you have to follow that vision.”
Hopefully all of this means that we’ll be seeing more of Director David Ramsey’s name in the credits in the future. Look for David Ramsey’s next directorial outing on November 19, the sixth episode of Arrow season 8.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Some Arrow items on TV Line:

Do you know if Katrina Law will reprise her role as Nyssa on Arrow? I’m worried since she’s now been cast as a series regular on Hawaii Five-0. –Maarten
I can’t speak to Nyssa specifically, but rest assured that all of Arrow‘s final-season encores have not (yet?) been spoiled. “A lot, actually,” have not been revealed, EP Marc Guggenheim told me earlier this month. I’m a little surprised that more have not leaked, which is great. Again, we’re using the first seven episodes of the season as an opportunity to really look back on the first seven seasons and that’s very gratifying but also just very fun. As [co-showrunner] Beth [Schwartz] says, we’re playing our greatest hits, we’re also playing some album tracks, too.”

Do you have any other scoop on the final season of Arrow? –Brooke

When we caught up with Colin Donnell at TCA, he was a good soldier and didn’t spill much about how (and as whom) he will be involved in the farewell season. “I think it’s something that fans maybe have wanted to see for a while…,” he teased. “That’s all I’ll say.” And as for whether he’ll be in the crossover, he offered with a grin: “There’s hope!” Speaking of Colin Donnell….

Any Arrowverse scoop? –Joao
For one, I am told that Lamonica Garrett, who plays the Monitor (and will also play the Anti-Monitor), will appear in 10 total episodes across the Arrowverse this season (“Crisis” crossover included). And speaking of “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” here’s a Pro Tip from Flash boss Eric Wallace: “Before I sit down to watch this year’s crossover, I would really rewatch all three episodes of ‘Elseworlds,’ because it will enrich your viewing experience. Without giving away any spoilers, there are certain ‘elements’ that will be revisited in ‘Crisis,’ that were very deliberately planted back then and now we’re going to pay off.”

3 hours ago, way2interested said:

It's almost so obviously Oliver and Diggle that I wonder if it's actually SA trolling and it's someone else.

The emphasis on “I do know that” makes me think Oliver’s talking to someone whose E1 counterpart died because of him. So Tommy or Moira.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It sounds so obviously like it's supposed to be Oliver and Diggle, I'm inclined to say it has to be someone else or in a very different context.

Isn't Tommy's character allegedly going to be the Dark Archer? That wouldn't match up It could be when he's under cover on Earth!Whichever. Not sure I can picture him saying it to BS though. 

12 hours ago, lemotomato said:

The emphasis on “I do know that” makes me think Oliver’s talking to someone whose E1 counterpart died because of him. So Tommy or Moira.

That's a good point. 

However, this could also apply to E2 Laurel because Oliver let E1 Laurel join Team Arrow and help him, and she died.

On the other hand, Oliver already let E2 Laurel help him in the S7 finale, so for him to show such concern for her well-being at this point would be inconsistent. Despite her redemption arc, she and Adrian Chase are responsible for the death of his son's bio mom.

On the other, other hand, Oliver could be on yet another alternate Earth, like, say Earth-5, where he's pretending to be that Earth's Oliver and he's talking to that Earth's Laurel, who has suited up as Black Canary and wants to join Team Arrow.

It still sounds like something that Oliver would say to Diggle. Maybe because Oliver has been told that he will die on his mission for the Monitor, he just believes that anyone who goes along with him will also die.

Edited by tv echo

FWIW (consider the source) - we also have no confirmation that DR will suit up as Green Lantern in COIE (on the contrary, MG teased something for the Arrow series finale)...

A Green Lantern Show Starring David Ramsey Has Been Pitched To The CW
By Christian Bone   Aug. 26, 2019
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/green-lantern-show-starring-david-ramsey-pitched-cw/ 

We Got This Covered has heard from our sources – the same ones who told us a Ms. Marvel TV series was happening, before it was confirmed this past weekend – that a Green Lantern show starring David Ramsey’s John Diggle has been pitched to The CW. Diggle’s long been theorized to be a doppelganger for GL John Stewart, which last year’s “Elseworlds” crossover basically confirmed. We’ve previously brought you the news that Ramsey will suit up as Stewart in December’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” mega-event, too.

It’s important to emphasize, though, that this has only been pitched at the moment, so there’s no guarantee that it’ll actually get off the ground. For instance, Katie Cassidy Rodgers recently revealed that she’s also pitched a Birds of Prey spinoff to execs, as well. In that case, it’s likely Warner Bros. would put a stop to it because of the incoming movie based on the same team. Something similar could befall a Green Lantern show, too, what with the long-gestating Green Lanterns Corps film. But it’s a fun idea to knock around for now.

Edited by tv echo

I’m not sure if this is the right thread and this is clearly not confirmed but KP seems to think the Arrowverse kids are getting a show:

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

A bit early isn't it? I'm going to assume they are locking them down just in case they are wanting to move forward with a spin off.  

The Batwoman spinoff was rumored a year ago shortly after her participation in Elseworlds was announced so I think you're right that they're just getting everything in order (actor contracts, writing team, general pilot development, etc).

If this does turn out to be true (and I hope so cause I want more of Future Team Arrow) then they're probably aiming at a fall 2020 premiere. So the timing of the leaks makes some sense.