Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Don't Kiss On the First Wedding Night

• Start Topic

Iris doesn't seem to have been too strict with herself, given she's alluded to other experience besides penetration. It looks like it becomes a 'thing' (hopefully not), or at least a discussion of sorts with Keith during the honeymoon.

She might just want to get to know him & be more comfortable beforehand, maybe even waiting to see if he's all in -before he's actually all in...

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

Okay, I know why she says it, but everything Iris says "I've been saving myself for 27 years" (or any variation) I kind of yell at the t.v., no you haven't as I doubt you were protecting your virginity and saving it for your husband when you were 3....  Yes, I get it that she's making a point that at 27 she's a virgin, but it just hits me wrong when she claims that she has been protecting her virginity since she was born.  Well, while I'm at it... and Deone stating that she has dated herself for the last 10 years.  Again, no, not unless you made arrangements with yourself and then took yourself out on dates to get to know yourself or just hang out.  Look, I'm single and I do things on my own, but I would never say or think that I was dating myself.  

Okay, I guess I'm extra grumpy for some reason so I'll leave now after I tell you to get off of my lawn...

• LOL 13
  • Love 11
(edited)
21 hours ago, lids said:

I actually LOL’d at this because it seemed like you were shading us few lame MAFS viewers for still watching. There are dozens of us HumbleOpinion. Dozens! 😂

Lmao! Off topic but like Conan O'Brien said (paraphrasing here) "I'm on TV. I entertain dozens of people. Well...hundreds watch...dozens are entertained." 

ON topic:

I think Elizabeth's father is mental. Her mother awkwardly stands by smiling. She looks like neither and has bad lip injections. I think Jamie is going to go in for a double whammy on this...hate bang Liz bc there's no way she doesn't irritate him and revenge bang so the father can roll back the tapes at the end and know that his Liz was deflowered for the 1,000th time. 

Deonna and Greg are adorable and  I'm seeing and enjoying her subtle humor. I went from not caring about them at all to rooting for them/liking them. Mr Kdawg says Greg looks 12 yrs old. Fine. Cute. 

Matt is a "lyricist?" I think he has a shifty player attitude wannabe ghetto fabulous. He is likely trying to promote the car detailing business he's launching w his buddy and I give 2 more episodes until we see a tee shirt with his business splashed across it. Amber doesn't speak as properly as any English teacher I've ever met and she says "like" too much and speaks in a teenage cadence. I think the 8th graders are teaching HER more than vice versa. And quit joking about popping out "Matt V." Matt IV is all but cringing.  

Iris and Mr Manly (forgot his name) are still the most attractive couple on any TV show anywhere. I hate you! ☺️

Edited by Kdawg82
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gurkel said:

I see your point, but I don't think anyone has come to definite conclusions about Iris' sexual feelings. PityFree raised some great questions that I agreed might be potential problems once she decides to have sex. Iris says she didn't have sex because of her religion. Many Christian churches preach that sex is a "necessary evil," even between married people. There are also many churches preaching that once you're married, anything goes between consenting partners. I just don't know how Iris was raised or indoctrinated--or should I say religiously educated. 

We don’t know, of course, but the “sex is a necessary evil” churches are maybe 1 in 1,000. Definitely not “many”! It’s just one of those things that gets disproportionate attention because most people think it’s a weird thing to believe. It’s not quite as compelling to say “most Protestant churches teach that sex is special and best shared within the bonds of matrimony, but they don’t believe in works-based salvation, so they don’t tell anyone they’re going to Hell for having unmarried sex. They just chalk it up to the struggles of the flesh and move along.” 

We don’t have the full story from Iris, but based on her apparent comfort level with Keith, her general willingness to go on this show, and the statistical improbability that she was raised by the mother in Stephen King’s Carrie, I don’t think it’s worthwhile to spend a whole lot of time on the idea that she is sexually defective or has weird hang-ups. If she says something to that effect, it will be a different story, but I’m not too concerned.  

Having grown up in evangelical churches in several regions of the country, I’m continually perplexed at society’s perceptions of evangelical beliefs vs. what I know to be true about the churches I attended. There are vanishingly few evangelicals who actually go around fretting about “heathens” or calling everything “ebil.” Sure they’re up for a good Disney boycott or a True Love Waits ring, but they’re not the paranoid dunderheads that some people make them out to be! 

• Love 13

I couldn’t tell if Elizabeth’s parents were trolling Jamie or not with the name discussion. Does anyone actually and seriously ask their daughters’ spouses to consider changing their name? I feel like maybe it’s something I would do if I had a daughter dumb enough to sign up for this mess, just to mess with the other dumb-dumb that these alleged experts selected for my son-in-law? They can’t have been seriously trying to convince him with the argument that “it’s only four letters,” right? (Is there any universe where someone would say no to changing their last name but then change their mind when reminded that the new one was only four letters?) But then Jamie reacted so calmly that it ruined any fun they were getting out of the bit?

Elizabeth’s nipples being blurred out a million times during the episode gave me Arrested Development vibes. “Say goodbye to these, Jamie!”

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, configdotsys said:

How about a close cousin or uncle or something? I think there are pieces of this story that we are not being told. Hopefully, it will become clear. Had he come out from the jump saying he has no dealings with his family, I would not have batted an eye.

What if Matt's parents were both only children?  

20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

There's always people on this show who seem to have an angle; now it's possibly Keith with his music. If that's the case hopefully Iris has her own angle that has nothing to do with her virginity.

I think that most people who come on this show have some type of angle.  There are countless people on YouTube who are trying to become famous, trying to brand themselves.  There are so many relationship and family videos out there.  The world has changed, people are living their lives online, out in the public eye.  There are now "social media personalities."  

Jada Pinkett Smith is an actress and married to Will Smith, but right now, people know her for the Red Table Talk series, on Facebook (Jada, her mom and her daughter, Willow).  When I first went online back in the early 90's, most people wanted to remain anonymous on the Internet, that is not true today.  

I can see Iris and Keith staying together after the seven weeks and deciding to have a YouTube channel.  How many people watch this show every week?  An attractive couple like Iris and Keith would probably get millions of followers on YouTube, easily.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I feel like maybe it’s something I would do if I had a daughter dumb enough to sign up for this mess, just to mess with the other dumb-dumb that these alleged experts selected for my son-in-law?

I'll be referring to that crazy couple now as...

Big red chardonnay dumb

Jamie Seinfeld dumb dumb  

Hahaha  🤣🤣

dumbdumberlogo.jpg

• Love 2

Taking each couple at a time...

Amber and Mathew. No real vibes...that's the short and tall of it.

Elizabeth and Jamie.

I was thinking he's already seen his woman naked which is more the Jon ever got with Molly. Will they sizzle or burn out? Dad time to let girl your little girl is thirty and a little bit on the naughty side. No virgin there...

Iris Caldwell, 27 and Keith Manley, 27

I had the perfect answer when the mentioned about being a virgin. I would say honey this will be our 'virgin' first time with each other so its important we establish a bond first and I will do my utmost to be worthy of your virtue.  In my head I'd be thinking its going to be hard to get laid...

Deonna McNeill, 30 and Gregory Okotie, 32

Not good vibes...even this early on it can only go down hill.

• Love 2
(edited)

The producers are doubling down on the assigned characters this season. Iris is going to be prompted to talk about virginity constantly and Deonna is going to be asked about not dating for 10 years constantly. And that is all we will hear from these two regardless of anything else they do or say the whole season. It is a shame because they could both actually be interesting people and it is unlikely to show on tv.

Kristine from last season is one of the few who got to flip the script of whatever they had planned for her. But I suspect that happened in part because two couples were a fail and they had already decided to make AJ look crazy because he openly disagreed with them, so they basically had to cut Kristine slack in the final edit.

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

What if Matt's parents were both only children?  

Certainly possible. I did say "or something" after wondering about uncles or whatever. He also has two sisters. I guess we could believe that one took mom's side and one took dad's side so they were excommunicated too.

In any case, I said it before: If Matt said he was estranged from his family from the get go, then I would not have thought anything about it. He specifically said how close they were so it made me wonder why a divorce between his parents seemed to blow up relationships he has with the rest of his family and so much that inviting anyone from his family to the wedding would have resulted in high drama.

• Love 5
On 6/27/2019 at 2:50 PM, aphroditewitch said:

The women on this show can never win. If they are vocal about being into their husband like Amber, then they are called thirsty. If they are more reserved like Deonna then they are cold. If they are unsure about how their husband treats them like Dallas Amber, then they are insecure. If they are confident in who they are like Jasmine, then they are criticized for being spoiled and thinking well of themselves. 

Read here more, and I'm sure you'll see we're an equal opportunity snark community.  😉😊

• Love 8
17 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Except that Matt said how close they had been before his parents' divorce. I'm not understanding how he can't get past it- two years later. Yeah, marriages can break apart for many ugly reasons, and they were his parents. But it was their issue, not his. 

He’s been out of the country for a number of years with his B-ball.  Maybe he was surprised by what he came back to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Deonna and Greg are the most intriguing couple of Season 9...mainly because they got too little teevee time in the first episodes.

Greg, the math center proprietor is coming off a bad long term relationship....details please!

Deonna,  a tough nut to crack in 8 weeks and if she can't let Greg within 10 feet of her.

Greg has to learn to avoid her trigger words, what actions, anything  that causes her to shut down...

Take us to church socials,  the luncheons after service, film them at bible study, family game night, going out to group dinners ...the more time spent with friends and family is better for Deonna.

She needs to see Greg  interacting with her church family, friends and family.

Their approve of him is important.... she may even lower her dukes and defensive stance.

Greg will see a more relaxed Deonna with her friends and family...she is wary and skittish of him.

8 weeks of her shutting him out is just repeating Jon's and Molly's dumpster fire marriage.

In contrast, we never need to see JealousRonnie again.

Let's have lunch with Elizabeth's siblings...please reveal why Beth is Daddy's bizarro psychosexual obsession....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
(edited)

I think iris and Deonna prefer a vibrator in their beds!  Waiting til 27 and holding off for ten years!  That's surely not the modern woman!

I really like Gregory and Keith.  I see Gregory being hurt the most he's just so honest.  Keith can move on fast he's just yummy!

I think Jamie is delighted with his sexpot Elizabeth.  He hit the jackpot!

Matt and Amber.  He got secrets he didn't want his family to reveal!  He could have invited someone.  Mom, dad, brother, sister.  Somebody.  I can't wait to hear about that can of worms!

Edited by Jeanne222
Called Gregory Ronnie! The mind wanders.
  • Useful 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, SpecialSnowflake said:

Read here more, and I'm sure you'll see we're an equal opportunity snark community.  😉😊

I have been for several seasons and so far the women  get way more criticism. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think iris and Deonna prefer a vibrator in their beds!  Waiting til 27 and holding off for ten years!  That's surely not the modern woman!

These days it may be the new normal; I'm sorry but too many guys today lie about if they're single or not, or if they have kids.  Just watch Investigation Discovery or Dateline NBC.

11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I really like Ronnie and Keith.  I see Ronnie being hurt the most he's just so honest.  Keith can move on fast he's just yummy!

Who are Ronnie and Keith?

I have been for several seasons and so far the women  get way more criticism. 

I think the editing on these shows makes the men look all right  and the women look crazy or angry.  I think about how Shelia was edited to look like the "angry black woman" and then didn't it come out that Nate was cheating on her?  I remember Ashley and David and how folks thought Ashley was a cold fish; then when David went on that second chances show, he was revealed to be a jerk.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:37 AM, Neurochick said:

I think Barbuda got wiped out from Hurricane Maria. 😪

"Why do bad things always happen to good people?" Hopefully, they are well on their way to recovering and rebuilding. 

Based on the thousands of applicants that showed up in Charlotte, I can't believe these are the finalist. Three of the eight shouldn't have been selected. I wonder what was the criteria.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Based on the thousands of applicants that showed up in Charlotte, I can't believe these are the finalist. Three of the eight shouldn't have been selected. I wonder what was the criteria.

1)  Hard hitting focused questions to pinpoint the accuracy and suitability of top notched and upper tier ranked applicants to seek out the best of the very best. The 1 percenter.

MAFS producer :   are u willing to go on camera and act like a completely unhinged, totally deranged, mentally unstable, superficial out of touch with reality idiot and ultra desperate lunatic, all in the hopes of inflating our ratings and help us to drum up corporate advertising revenue?

MAFS prospect :  duh what was the first, middle and last part again?

MAFS producer :  ok thats perfect. you are in, next in line please !!!

2)  In depth and laser beam top to bottom lateral analysis to ascertain the worthiness of applicants and the viability of the relationship for long term compatibility.

MAFS producer :  what is YOUR IQ?

MAFS prospect :  what is AN IQ?

MAFS producer :  ok thats perfect. you are in, next in line please !!!

3) Character and personality chart and graph formulation to help seek out those who are apt to thrive in the MAFS environment and flourish with their potential partner and reaching unrealistic and impossible to obtain pre-determined social, spiritual, emotional and physical goals and objectives.

MAFS producer : do u look smoking hot in a 2 piece bikini?

MAFS prospect : can I go in my birthday suit instead? 

MAFS producer : ok thats perfect. you are in, next in line please !!!

2fab1be7f595a58815389c0ff90ca1fb.png

Edited by STRIDER1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, SpecialSnowflake said:

Im a equal opportunity snarker as well hahaha 😂😂

Doesnt matter to me whether it is man or woman, if they act like complete boneheads on the show then I'm going to talk about them in here lmao hahaha lol  🤣🤣

snark-meter-sorta-snarky-002.jpg

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think the editing on these shows makes the men look all right  and the women look crazy or angry.  I think about how Shelia was edited to look like the "angry black woman" and then didn't it come out that Nate was cheating on her?  I remember Ashley and David and how folks thought Ashley was a cold fish; then when David went on that second chances show, he was revealed to be a jerk.  

Ok, that’s two examples, but I think there have been plenty of times the men were shown in all their rotten glory, including the all time winning asshole just last season, not to mention AJ as well. I certainly don’t think Sean, Nick, or any of the Ryans have been edited to look good. I actually think the show has had a pretty equal amount of male and female “villains”, so to speak, with the majority being somewhere in the middle depending on each viewers standpoint.

• Love 12
On 6/27/2019 at 9:28 PM, soufmouf said:

I am completely over the overuse of cymbals in allllll television but this show takes the goddamn cake.

It drives me nuts!! They're cymbal-happy on Marriage Bootcamp too. It's so distracting and irritating. 

On 6/28/2019 at 2:56 PM, Kdawg82 said:

I think Jamie is going to go in for a double whammy on this...hate bang Liz bc there's no way she doesn't irritate him and revenge bang so the father can roll back the tapes at the end and know that his Liz was deflowered for the 1,000th time. 

Totally agree. I swear I could see the gleam in his eyes after talking to her dad at breakfast, when he finally caught on to their little game, and decided to play along. 

On 6/28/2019 at 3:44 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

I couldn’t tell if Elizabeth’s parents were trolling Jamie or not with the name discussion. Does anyone actually and seriously ask their daughters’ spouses to consider changing their name? I feel like maybe it’s something I would do if I had a daughter dumb enough to sign up for this mess, just to mess with the other dumb-dumb that these alleged experts selected for my son-in-law? They can’t have been seriously trying to convince him with the argument that “it’s only four letters,” right? (Is there any universe where someone would say no to changing their last name but then change their mind when reminded that the new one was only four letters?) But then Jamie reacted so calmly that it ruined any fun they were getting out of the bit?

Exactly. I refuse to believe that this isn't an act. Their behavior is just too outrageous. I could see Liz & her dad hatching a little plan to play these silly roles, in an attempt to get maximum attention once the show airs. And then waiting on the edge of their seats for the show to premiere, so they could see themselves trending on social media for having such an unusual relationship. They both committed to the characters they conjured up..."the overprotective irrational father" & "the spoiled but quirky and lovable daddy's girl"...playing it up for the camera, thinking people would find them funny, cute, quirky, entertaining. I don't think they realized how creepy and disturbing it would come off to the viewers. I don't doubt that she's a spoiled daddy's girl, or that he's overinvolved in her life...I just don't buy that it's to the extreme level that they are trying to make it seem on camera. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 6/28/2019 at 12:01 PM, gonecrackers said:

The dynamic the show is pushing (& may or may not be real or exaggerated), between Liz & the 'father' is offensive, & her behavior so far on the show is  immature & irritating.  IMO if anyone shouldn't have been cast, it's her, but as usual they go for those who will be 'good TV'.

Reg. Deonna- more people should take time to develop themselves personally before starting a serious relationship. If anything she's bringing more to the table this way for her marriage. They can learn to work together as a unit - together. 

Reg. Greg's compliments - that doesn't help develop the relationship. One here or there is nice, but if excessive can seem disingenuous, so he might need to tone it down.  It's kind of akin to Amber's overdoing it with Matt, & can be overwhelming. But Matt will get plenty of sex out of it, until he bursts the "perfect" (her word) bubble she's putting him in.

I'm in the camp Iris will remain a virgin at least during the season. If they develop as a couple we might be looking at a big decision or reunion day reveal. I noticed in the previews she's honest about having a past, albeit one lacking penetration, & am really hoping Keith doesn't get judgy because that would be ridiculous.

The show pushes narratives, therefore we'll keep hearing about Iris' virginity, Deonna's 10 year no dating, Matt's family issues, etc., because this is not a documentary; it's a show in every sense of the word. 😒

I watched the UK version of Married at First Sight. Season 2 I think it was. And it was jarring. Not in a bad way, but it WAS very much a documentary in style. The narration was at least half of the show. 

On 6/28/2019 at 12:01 PM, gonecrackers said:

Reg. Greg's compliments - that doesn't help develop the relationship. One here or there is nice, but if excessive can seem disingenuous, so he might need to tone it down. 

Maybe I missed something, but all I heard him say was that he was "smitten."  Did he say something else?

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Maybe I missed something, but all I heard him say was that he was "smitten."  Did he say something else?

In the preview for next time, she told him to cool it with the compliments. He seemed confused By it.  

6 minutes ago, Kareem said:

In the preview for next time, she told him to cool it with the compliments. He seemed confused By it.  

Oh, ok thanks.  I missed it in the previews.  This should be interesting because I'm confused as well.  She doesn't like compliments?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

Oh, ok thanks.  I missed it in the previews.  This should be interesting because I'm confused as well.  She doesn't like compliments?

No comment.  😏

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I wouldn't put any stock in the previews at all. They are often very misleading or completely taken out of context. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Maybe he was overdoing it. He doesn't know her so it could be creepy or annoying after a while.

18 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I wouldn't put any stock in the previews at all. They are often very misleading or completely taken out of context. 

Or this.

• Love 1
(edited)

Greg and Devonna are very cute together.  I liked their phone number exchange.  I hope they make it and that she appreciates him.   In the first show, I thought Greg would be a good match for iris.  they both have similar faith and he may very well be a virgin himself- but isn't advertising it.

Matt just seems to be hiding things.  I hope he's honest about his family with Amber and just keeps it off camera, but imho he seems shady.  Her family asked the right sort of questions for just meeting some guy that married your daughter so I thought it was odd that he said they were intense.

Iris- I think being a virgin at 27 is unusual, but I don't think it means she's doomed to a bad marriage.  I don't think it's fair to her or the husband the experts picked for her to match her up with someone who isn't willing to understand her viewpoint or be patient with her feelings.  Keith seems into her and willing to take it slow. There have been couples on this show who did not have sex during their marriage at all(although they weren't virgins), I don't get the feeling that Iris is against having sex with her husband.  From the previews it maybe seems that their sexual expectations are where they are going to have problems (the fight about the condoms).

Elizabeth and Mr. Picky- Good Lort!  Could the experts pick any more annoying people to be together?  Her relationship with her dad is seriously bizarre.  I couldn't tell if he was mad or jealous that Jamie kissed her and talked about laying in bed with her.  I'm actually surprised that Liz isn't the virgin on the show; it seems like her dad would TOTALLY be into purity balls and rings and protecting her virginity and being a total creep about it.  She looks like a badly drawn picture of Jessica Rabbit at age 40.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 3
On 6/30/2019 at 8:41 PM, Kareem said:

Sometimes people compliment you when they have no idea what else to say. I think Greg may be a bit shy -and more than a bit intimidated by her.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Sometimes people compliment you when they have no idea what else to say. I think Greg may be a bit shy -and more than a bit intimidated by her.

Agree, and don't know whether it's right or wrong as it was only briefly shown in the preview.  I was just explaining what others were referring to for a poster who asked. 

• Love 1
On 6/28/2019 at 9:14 PM, SpecialSnowflake said:

I'm a male and I haven't noticed a significant greater amount of criticism of woman. I don't think anyone has ever been more criticized then Luke was last season. I imagine he's called out on the streets for being such a self-centered jerk. I think more females than males comment on this show...just a guess.

• Love 6

I see Gregg and Devonna being just like the couple last season that never had sex.  He's intimidated, she's kind of a know it all.

I like Gregg better than her.  He just seems kind and caring!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I don’t see the big deal with Matt not inviting his family either. If I were Amber I’d be quite excited actually...fewer annoying relatives I don’t care about anyway 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ShowFan said:

I don’t see the big deal with Matt not inviting his family either. If I were Amber I’d be quite excited actually...fewer annoying relatives I don’t care about anyway 

But his entire family? If I were Amber, I'd want to know why he doesn't talk to anyone in his family anymore. And 'anymore' is key. What happened? If nothing else, it will tell me more about what he might be dealing with emotionally or how he handles conflict. Both of which are important in a marriage. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I'm a male and I haven't noticed a significant greater amount of criticism of woman. I don't think anyone has ever been more criticized then Luke was last season. I imagine he's called out on the streets for being such a self-centered jerk. I think more females than males comment on this show...just a guess.

Luke deserved the criticism considering he was actively abusing someone. And even though he was doing that, people attacked Kate a lot for what was going on. 

Some of the criticism of the women has just been ridiculous. People deciding that Jasmine was a bitch based on a obviously biased edit was the perfect example of that. The criticism of Ashley in season 3 that she wasn't nice enough to the creep they matched her with. The criticism of Heather for getting out early because Derek was awful towards her and while a lot people have since reversed their opinion on that situation it doesn't change how people treated Heather at the time.  And I see it now with Deonna. And I think Deonna is getting a bad edit this season, conversations are being so poorly edited that it is obvious that things are being left out that might give a more balanced view on her as a person. 

Aside for the obvious outliers like Luke, the men have escaped a lot of the heavy criticism during their season. I'm among the few who will consistently call out the behavior of both, although I will acknowledge that I probably call out the men more because I see the criticism towards the men lacking. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, topanga said:

If I were Amber, I'd want to know why he doesn't talk to anyone in his family anymore. And 'anymore' is key. What happened? If nothing else, it will tell me more about what he might be dealing with emotionally or how he handles conflict. Both of which are important in a marriage. 

Been there, done that! ...When I first married my hubby (about 45 years ago) I discovered that, while he was seemed remarkably nonchalant about his mom & almost worshipful of his father, he absolutely hated his younger sister and only sibling. He avoided her completely whenever possible, and when forced to be in her presence he wouldn't talk to her. Even at our wedding, he wouldn't talk to her. When asked about it, he said it was because she's a mean bitch who uses drugs (or something to that effect), and the only guys she likes are the ones who can beat her up.

Considering that I enjoyed a few brews or a little weed from time to time myself, and a lot of people have a violent relationship in their history, that just didn't seem reasonable to me. I decided to "repair" their relationship, bit by bit. I would call her on the phone and pick up the phone when she called. (Hubby still refused to be handed the phone, but I continued in my quest, undaunted.) 

Finally his sister said that she and her boyfriend would be "traveling through" our home town and asked if they could visit for a week. I said that sounded great to me. Hubby threw a fit, of course, but we were madly in love...  a young couple with a baby and a toddler.

The first thing that annoyed me: they both smoked, cigarettes and otherwise, inside the house --without asking. When hubby told them to take it outside, they said it was too hot out there. So, to try to keep the peace, I would take our little ones into their room to play while those two smoked. (It happened a lot.) The place where hubby had been working went bankrupt so he was out of a job at the time, but they never bought anything or paid the tab for a meal --or even offered to go "Dutch".

"One week" had already stretched into 3 1/2 (with no end in sight) when a loud, belligerent argument between our "visitors" led to the sister's boyfriend using his fists on her and knocking her down. 

Right in front of our kids

That's when hubby informed them, loudly, that it was time to get out of his house and never come back. (The sister, of course, protested "it's not his fault, she made her boyfriend mad...")

Hubby had been right about his sister. We didn't need that in our lives. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

The first thing that annoyed me: they both smoked, cigarettes and otherwise, inside the house --without asking. When hubby told them to take it outside, they said it was too hot out there.

I would have throw them out that second, whether or not my wife agreed.

That's when hubby informed them, loudly, that it was time to get out of his house and never come back. (The sister, of course, protested "it's not his fault, she made him mad...)

Abused women are loyal.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Hubby had been right about his sister. We didn't need that in our lives. 

I'm sorry you and your kids had to go through that. Your husband, too. 

Matt's family could be this dysfunctional. I just hope that he eventually feels comfortable enough with Amber to share whatever is going on with him and his family. 

And I get that it might be hard for him to share his family drama with a stranger and on camera. But come on, Matt. You're on Married At First Sight. You've already signed away your right to privacy! I'm being a bit facetious, of course. But he is on reality TV. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 1
On 6/28/2019 at 7:28 PM, Neurochick said:

I can see Iris and Keith staying together after the seven weeks and deciding to have a YouTube channel.  How many people watch this show every week?  An attractive couple like Iris and Keith would probably get millions of followers on YouTube, easily.

I wish I were ashamed to admit that I'd at least check their channel out but I'm not. If Keith and Kristine had a channel I'd probably watch that too. Completely unashamed to admit I aww over Anthony and Ashley's cute baby. Some people just have the it factor. 

At no time would I be tempted to watch Jamie and Elizabeth on YouTube - maybe hate watch but I wouldn't even want to give them the views.

• LOL 2
14 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I wish I were ashamed to admit that I'd at least check their channel out but I'm not. If Keith and Kristine had a channel I'd probably watch that too. Completely unashamed to admit I aww over Anthony and Ashley's cute baby. Some people just have the it factor. 

At no time would I be tempted to watch Jamie and Elizabeth on YouTube - maybe hate watch but I wouldn't even want to give them the views.

You and me both. Hell, I even follow AJ and Steph on Instagram......and I like them! This stupid show, it's a sickness.

As for Elizabeth and Jamie - I don't think you need to worry about them having a channel - I think a nasty crash and burn is in their near future.......

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This may be a repeat as I haven’t read everything.  “Smitten” is not in Deanna’s vocabulary.  The way she said it was like she was the teacher and he was the student.  Have a feeling she’s going to be a pain in the ass.  Wet blanket.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

After all these seasons, Jamie is still not comfortable in front of the camera.  She talks a mile a minute and has a forced smile.  Very hard to watch.  Just MO.

Elizabeths Father.  What a piece of work. The Mother just sits there and says nothing.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

After all these seasons, Jamie is still not comfortable in front of the camera.  She talks a mile a minute and has a forced smile.  Very hard to watch.  Just MO.

Elizabeths Father.  What a piece of work. The Mother just sits there and says nothing.

I wonder why they haven’t told her to slow down. You know who else talks 250 wpm? Iris. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

You and me both. Hell, I even follow AJ and Steph on Instagram......and I like them! This stupid show, it's a sickness.

As for Elizabeth and Jamie - I don't think you need to worry about them having a channel - I think a nasty crash and burn is in their near future.......

I don’t do Instagram.  How are A.J. and Stephanie doing?  Pregnant yet?  Where do I see Ashley’s baby? If you don’t mind.

19 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I don’t do Instagram.  How are A.J. and Stephanie doing?  Pregnant yet?  Where do I see Ashley’s baby? If you don’t mind.

Oh, o.k.  I googled the Petta baby and everything came up.  Thanks anyway.

• Love 1
On 6/28/2019 at 5:54 PM, seacliffsal said:

Okay, I know why she says it, but everything Iris says "I've been saving myself for 27 years" (or any variation) I kind of yell at the t.v., no you haven't as I doubt you were protecting your virginity and saving it for your husband when you were 3....  Yes, I get it that she's making a point that at 27 she's a virgin, but it just hits me wrong when she claims that she has been protecting her virginity since she was born.  Well, while I'm at it... and Deone stating that she has dated herself for the last 10 years.  Again, no, not unless you made arrangements with yourself and then took yourself out on dates to get to know yourself or just hang out.  Look, I'm single and I do things on my own, but I would never say or think that I was dating myself.  

Okay, I guess I'm extra grumpy for some reason so I'll leave now after I tell you to get off of my lawn...

Hahaha .. love it.  Dionne was dating herself because maybe nobody asked her as she is so full of herself.  She’s got a good man there, so better watch her step.

• Love 1
On 6/27/2019 at 10:44 AM, Neurochick said:

I don't get why Keith and Iris are on this show.  Both of them are gorgeous; their wedding photo looked like something from a bridal magazine.  

Deonna needs to loosen up, life's too short to be that tightly wound.

BTW, Iris is a virgin, did you know that?

I can kinda see why Iris is here. Women outnumber men and she said she has had a hard time meeting someone who is OK with her decision to wait until marriage. I think Iris wants to know why Keith is there, too. He seems nice and I hope he stays that way. 

Did you just say Iris is a virgin? Omg I had no idea. Ahe really kept that under wraps🤣

I hope Deonna isn't like this the whole season. Greg seems like a nice guy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1