Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Don't Kiss On the First Wedding Night

• Start Topic

I agree that maybe Deonna would seem more into this if she would just let herself lighten up and play a little. Yes, Greg was just trying to flirt with her and she shut him down. In the previews we see that she tells him not to give her compliments. Poor guy. He can't win.

As far as Amber and Matt go, I am wondering if the school board where Amber teaches will be happy to renew her contract to teach 8th grade once she has shared so much of her private life? Yes, they are technically married, but still, probably isn't the best role model for the students. I know times have changed, but can anyone imagine knowing/seeing that much of your middle school teacher???

• Love 6

JerSeinfeld and BigRedChardonney and The BBaller and his BabyBonobo "technically" did not have sex on their first night together...just so they could wave that flag around.....

But after breakfast with the in laws and before check out...those 4 horny toads were absolutely getting to "know" their spouses because why waste a perfectly lovely bed and towel swans.....

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

My thoughts so far: Deonna does seem uptight but she may also be having a hard time with the cameras or just feel shy around her stranger husband. Greg seems like a nice guy so far so we will have to see.  Amber is very annoying to me, most people don't like someone who pounces on them the second they meet. Give it a little breathing room. I do like tall guys and Matt is attractive but he sometimes seems stoned or drunk to me-maybe its the way he talks.

Iris and Keith are both attractive, both work with kids and many times a quieter person and a extroverted person work out well. It will depend on whether Iris is hung up on being a virgin and/or expects too much and whether Keith really wants to be married.

I don't really hate Elizabeth although I think she would be a lot to be around. Jaimie seems kind of high maintenance to me so they will probably crash. Her father is an absolute creep. 

Things seem faker than usual this season. Elizabeth's fathers comments, Keith's mother wondering why a bride would wear a white dress (huh?) and even the drawn out drama about. Matt's family. I always hope for the. Best with the couples, but so far I am predicting all kinds of issues. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Why would Iris want the hundreds of people who watch a basic cable TV show to know she saved herself for her husband?

She is a fame seeker...to jump start a modeling career,  to become a spokesperson for the church lecture circuit, to elevate her brand in the Charlotte, NC area.

Virgin Iris is going to hang tightly on to her calling card, dragging out her story line for 8 weeks....

Keith and the 10 of us on this forum won't give 2 shits by then......

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

I'm with those of you who think Matt & Amber and Jamie & Big Red had sex on the wedding night. I'd be super shocked if they didn't.

She did wake up in different colored sleepwear.  Could just be editing, but maybe the other one got...stained.

• LOL 3

I'm kind of put off by Matt's overdramatic clamming up over not having his family there because of his parents' divorce.  He was an adult when it happened; they are adults; sure, it's hard to see your parents split but he seems to be having a hard time moving on.

Amber should hold back a bit-she's coming across as that desperate type who is all "oooh, it's so perfect! He's so cuuute!" which I would think would be exhausting for him.

The "this season on MAFS" scenes at the end are always the same.  A minute of "he's everything I wanted! I never knew it would be so great!" *kiss kiss* followed by a minute of arguments and scowls and then the  "do you want to stay married........................or....." (you know the rest) accompanied by pensive faces and ring-twisting.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I'm going to be alone with this, but I don't see the big deal regarding Matt and his family.  I have a friend whose family are all drunks and addicts.  He has nothing to do with any of them.  

I agree and don't deal with some of my own family members, but Matt went on about how close he was to his family then this divorce happened and he seems to have excommunicated everyone including extended family. If he was angry at his father, he could have invited his mother to the wedding or vice versa. I thought it was strange that he felt as though he had to invite everyone and did not want to because it would be all kinds of drama. How about a close cousin or uncle or something? I think there are pieces of this story that we are not being told. Hopefully, it will become clear. Had he come out from the jump saying he has no dealings with his family, I would not have batted an eye.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I agree and don't deal with some of my own family members, but Matt went on about how close he was to his family then this divorce happened and he seems to have excommunicated everyone including extended family. If he was angry at his father, he could have invited his mother to the wedding or vice versa. I thought it was strange that he felt as though he had to invite everyone and did not want to because it would be all kinds of drama. How about a close cousin or uncle or something? I think there are pieces of this story that we are not being told. Hopefully, it will become clear. Had he come out from the jump saying he has no dealings with his family, I would not have batted an eye.

Yeah, I'm not understanding where all the estrangement is coming from...I could see being estranged from one side of the family, but both seems a little odd. Over a divorce, I mean. If they were all toxic and he had cut them off years ago, I could definitely where he's coming from, but just because your parents divorce (and you're not a child), why would you cut off everyone? Especially because he says they were very close beforehand. Hmmm...

• Love 4

I agree that maybe Deonna would seem more into this if she would just let herself lighten up and play a little. Yes, Greg was just trying to flirt with her and she shut him down. In the previews we see that she tells him not to give her compliments. Poor guy. He can't win.

And, if I'm not mistaken, Deonna and Greg have known each other for 48 hours (not counting previews, which I have seen misrepresented often enough to not count them until we see the scene in its entirety). I can completely understand that she is nervous and not entirely comfortable, because he's a stranger, she is married to him and they are surrounded by a camera crew. She has plenty of time to get more comfortable with him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Can Amber to fill that void of his  lost family?

Matt craves unconditional acceptance, kindness and love from a woman who is a risk taker like himself.

He is looking for someone to give him a reason to stay in one place because he has turned the page on his playing days...Adios Mexico!

He wants to look across a room of people's heads(super easy for him) and have someone who is looking back at him...her eyes saying.. let's go home....

Amber has had terrible bf after awful bf... she gave her last bf her paycheck and he controlled the money...WTF????

She needs someone who needs her, who likes her sweaty from a run or workout and who accepts her au natural....

Why did the experts chose them as a couple?...Do they fulfill a need in each other....

Naw...they just liked the comical look of too tall and too short.....like a Fun House mirror.....

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

I'm with those of you who think Matt & Amber and Jamie & Big Red had sex on the wedding night. I'd be super shocked if they didn't.

They didnt apparently !!! lol 😂

Well at least thats what they have said so far anyways

Who knows? that story could change by episode 7 or 8 lmao

Like when kate kept saying that "kissing" puke made him feel dead inside and repulsed.

Well we all found out later that "kissing"  was really their code word for sex

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

I dont even give 2 shits NOW !!! lol 😂😂😂

th.jpeg

Edited by STRIDER1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Maybe Matt feels that in order to include his parents, he would have had to tell negative aspects of their divorce and he’s trying to protect them from that. I mean, sure he looks whiny and immature for making the divorce about him, but at least he hasn’t thrown his loved ones under the bus personally. The show has obnoxiously had everybody and the hotel DJ ask him why his parents aren’t there, so tptb are definitely out to sensationalize it. I wouldn’t tell these show runners anything either. They would replay whatever trashy family secret he has an umpteenth million trillion times in the promos and the family divisions would just get worse.

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Virgin Iris is going to hang tightly on to her calling card, dragging out her story line for 8 weeks....

I actually LOL’d at this because it seemed like you were shading us few lame MAFS viewers for still watching. There are dozens of us HumbleOpinion. Dozens! 😂

I guess it’s possible that Iris is still going to drag the virgin title out, but that’s not usually how it’s done in evangelical communities. They go straight from virgin to pregnant in one year. Look for her Instagram and YouTube account to start endorsing wholesale family products. She’s not just a wife, she’s a lifestyle choice.

Also, I commented last week about how Iris and Keith seemed the most physically connected at their wedding. They pretty much stayed at a full body hug that whole time. Well, I noticed things seemed to change during the honeymoon. At one point Iris was all, “Yay, I’m your wife.” And Keith was like, “Yeah, ok, high five.” Ouch, that’s a downgrade girl.

What was the name of Amber’s hypothetical baby? Matt Something The Fifth? Yeah, never gonna happen.

This show has a surprising number of former athletes who “have trouble finding someone to love.” Tristan was a former football player, correct? Now Matt and basketball. Something is up with that. I imagine their agents telling them to transition from their sport into a TV spot. So far, this does not appear to be the way to go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Is Deonna dead inside? Did she just decide on the spot that smitten isn’t in her vocabulary. I feel bad for Greg because she’s already checked out before checking in. I feel like I’m understanding why she’s been single for more than a decade. 

Im a fairly anxious person but Amber makes me look cool as a cucumber. She’s definitely a 5 class clinger. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, STRIDER1 said:

Screenshot from 2019-06-27 01-30-09.png

Strider, Have you said Hi to the pretty lady Amanda this evening?.....

Dude, I think she may be a vampire...she has the same skin tone as the cast of Twilight....but it looks hot on her....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Outside of the show, perhaps Matt's recent estrangement and family troubles would not be deal breakers because you could take it slow and keep your distance if it got to be too much. However I would be pissed if I participated on this show and was matched with someone who (1) had massive debt, (2) had an incurable STD, (3) had a psychological disorder, or (4) had a terrible relationship with multiple immediate family members. The prospective spouse is already a total stranger and IMO Amber is getting a raw deal because she already has a problem to work through with him. She can't meet his family and have that relationship with them like the other people on this show. Yeah, sorry but I'm not feeling Matt's commitment to this at all.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

Outside of the show, perhaps Matt's recent estrangement and family troubles would not be a deal breaker. However I would be pissed if I participated on this show and was matched with someone who (1) had massive debt, (2) had an incurable STD, (3) had a psychological disorder, or (4) had a terrible relationship with multiple immediate family members. The prospective spouse is already a total stranger and IMO Amber is getting a raw deal because she already has a problem to work through with him. She can't meet his family and have that relationship with them like the other people on this show. Yeah, sorry but I'm not feeling Matt's commitment to this at all.

Ask Jamie how great a relationship with a spouse's family can be.

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Strider, Have you said Hi the pretty lady Amanda this evening?.....

Dude, I think she may be a vampire...she has the same skin tone as the cast of Twilight....

Thats totally fine buddy. Im 100% ok with that lmao

She can suck on my neck as much as she wants, among others things on my body hahaha

🤩🤣😍

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, STRIDER1 said:

Thats totally fine buddy. Im 100% ok with that lmao

She can suck on my neck as much as she wants, among others things on my body hahaha

🤩🤣😍

Fair warning: You are never going to get that bright fuchsia lipstick off of your face/clothing.

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, topanga said:

I do like the idea of them getting to know each other as people before they do it, but Iris is acting like she's got a gold-plated punany down there. Keith will need to prove himself worthy before being allowed to enter her virgin fortress.  

And while Keith is a great guy, I'm sure he's not used to women playing hard to get with him. I wonder how this will play out. 

I don't see Iris acting like that at all with Keith about her virginity.  She has mentioned it only 2 times to him and that was to let him know about it and to check in on him and see how he was handling the news. She seemed to understand very well that it may be a challenge for some to handle and she seemed sensitive to that fact. I think she has been pretty chill about her virginity with Keith and she did not become dramatic about it at all. I honestly think she was chill about it so as not to make him feel even more pressure about it.

But let's be real. There are millions of guys/girl who have taken someone's virginity. Let's not act like this is the biggest challenge/responsibility in the world. You what I'm saying... 😉

Elizabeth was surprisingly tolerable for me this episode, but I know that will end soon. I think Jamie can handle her extra-ness, but I don't think he will want to for the long haul.

Deonna was super cute and giggly pre-Greg. I see hints of cuteness between the two like them getting excited about having matching outfits, but next week worries me with the complaint about Greg giving her too many compliments. I mean if it felt fake, Yes...but Greg seems to be genuine. I wasn't really feeling Greg at first but he has really grown on me. I hope Deonna doesn't turn into a sourpuss because I do like her initial vibe. 

Amber is just thirsty as helllllll. Like girl, take a drink!!!  Everything is about how hot her husband is...nothing else. I'm wondering if Matt thinks she's being superficial. Not really interested in this couple. But I must say, Amber's widow's peak is distracting me like crazy. And I can say this because I have a little peak myself. lol

I really like Iris & Keith. I enjoy hanging out with them while they're in bed chit-chatting lol. Iris is more hype than Keith, but I feel she keeps it controlled.  I'm bummed to hear Keith may only be on the show to pursue his music career.  

• Love 8
(edited)
16 minutes ago, kanona29 said:

But let's be real. There are millions of guys/girl who have taken someone's virginity. Let's not act like this is the biggest challenge/responsibility in the world. You what I'm saying... 😉

When it's awkward sex with your virgin prom date, and she wants to get it out of the way before college, it's no big deal.  When it's with a 27 year old woman who's built it up to the ultimate expression of her religious beliefs AND you might be calling it quits in 2 months, it's a MUCH bigger deal.

First time in the history of the show I'm saying this - I would wait for a few months...minimum.

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

When it's awkward sex with your virgin prom date, and she wants to get it out of the way before college, it's no big deal.  When it's with a 27 year old woman who's built it up to the ultimate expression of her religious beliefs AND you might be calling it quits in 2 months, it's a MUCH bigger deal.

First time in the history of the show I'm saying this - I would wait for a few months...minimum.

I can't believe I'm divulging this on a message board so please be gentle lol

I was also a virgin at 27 for very similar reasons as Iris although not Married at First Sight...ha! When I finally said toodles to my virginity with a guy I was dating, there was definitely more pressure and awkwardness for me than the guy.  He, on the other hand, was happy as a clam *rolls eyes* lol

Update: Yes, the clam and I are still together 🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

There's always people on this show who seem to have an angle; now it's possibly Keith with his music. If that's the case hopefully Iris has her own angle that has nothing to do with her virginity.

So far I like Deonna & Greg & am getting a production messing with them- & us - vibe, but we'll see.

Amber's fan gurl routine is a bad start to having an actual relationship with Matt. He mentioned his initial discomfort on Unfiltered, & his disappointment over her height.  She keeps talking about their "chemistry", but it seems one sided; I don't think he's feeling it for Amber.

Reg. Matt's family, he said he didn't want "negative energy" at his wedding. Maybe there was a lot of hurtful behavior surrounding his parents' divorce which affected those around them, possibly him especially, with perhaps even being caught in between a bit, so he's staying away. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on the family thing for now.

Really hoping Liz keeps her clothes on the rest of filming; pleasantly surprised at her full coverage on Unfiltered. Keith & Matt's man spreading was excessive.

Agree about the fakery; it's really in our face this season.

Hoping not to see Liz's father again, ever, not even at the entertaining family episode.

• Love 5

I predict that Big Red and her guy won't make it to the finish line.  She is hyperactive, kind of like that guy, A. J.,  on last season who did hit the jackpot with his understanding wife.  She needs the spotlight all the time and can be exhausting.  And her close relationship with her dad is creepy cuz it seems more than a daughter/father thing.

• Love 5

I don't think the experts should have let someone who hasn't dated in 10 years on the show.  Clearly she has Issues.  So she probably decided 10 years ago she was done with men and dating, and so surprisingly enough, her self inflicted wish comes true.  So somehow she will sabotage this marriage, probably unconsciously, and they will divorce all because she decided early on she would never marry and is done with men and dating.  don't pick people with emotional baggage just to have tension and drama on the show!!!!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, brown eyed susan said:

I don't think the experts should have let someone who hasn't dated in 10 years on the show.  Clearly she has Issues.  So she probably decided 10 years ago she was done with men and dating, and so surprisingly enough, her self inflicted wish comes true.  So somehow she will sabotage this marriage, probably unconsciously, and they will divorce all because she decided early on she would never marry and is done with men and dating.  don't pick people with emotional baggage just to have tension and drama on the show!!!!

If they didn't cast people with issues, there wouldn't be a show.

Also it is unclear whether Deonna dated or hooked up with anyone in that 10 years. There is a difference between not having a relationship and not dating. I feel bad for her because on top of getting a crappy edit, she is getting attacked right and left for a situation that is hardly unique or bad. A lot of people don't have a relationship for a significant length of time and go on to have a  healthy relationship.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don't really hate Elizabeth although I think she would be a lot to be around.

Elizabeth is batshit crazy and I’m here FOR ALL OF IT!  💩

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, OnTime said:

The producers are really taking this show to a new level now.

The "slow motion" scenes, bachelor parties,  Elizabeth naked and blurred out, Iris telling Keith's mother....

They have turned this show into a cross between a scripted soap opera and The Bachelor (for the sleezy factor) !!

Production is genius.  It’s so agitating that we can’t wait for the next episode, lol.  The scene of the Father grilling Jamie was so real, it was chilling.  The look in his eyes .. Yikes !

Edited by Gem 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Reg. Matt's family, he said he didn't want "negative energy" at his wedding. Maybe there was a lot of hurtful behavior surrounding his parents' divorce which affected those around them, possibly him especially, with perhaps even being caught in between a bit, so he's staying away. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on the family thing for now.

My friend's parents have been divorced since she was in high school. Her father is remarried. At her first wedding, my friend couldn't have her parents at the same table at the reception or the rehearsal dinner because they can't talk without arguing (more on her mom, who was bitter. I love her mom, but it's true). As bridesmaids, we were asked to make sure they stayed apart because things could go left very quickly. (Her second wedding was at City Hall. She lives in the same city as her mother so her mother was there. I think her brother was too, and that was it.) My friend speaks to both her parents but they don't have a good relationship with each other. If that's the dynamic Matt's parents have, I don't blame him for keeping them away.

I know a few people who don't speak to their families for very valid reasons - their families of origin don't deserve them. Not everyone comes from a loving family.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
23 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Deonna does seem uptight - "businesslike," to use Greg's word. "Smitten is not in the book of Deonna," like, dude, chill. I haven't seen many smiles from her. She's the sort of person - she's said as much - who wanted to be married because it was next on her list. She's not unique in that way, but she doesn't seem to have given any thought to WHY she wants to be married or what she

She’s what you call a “tight ass “.  Very business like and no fun.  She needs a gallon of wine to loosen her up, maybe.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Some probably do. From what I've observed from married friends, women feel less inclined to dress sexy when they feel their husband isn't putting in the effort with the household upkeep and parenting. And that is fair, someone isn't going to want to dress or feel sexy when they are worn out from everything else and don't feel they have support from their spouse. 

I've been married a long time. A great marriage has very little to do with "dressing sexy" and if I'm wearing a t-shirt to bed it's because it is comfortable, not because I'm worn out or feeling unsupported.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Redhead's Dad needs to back the hell off.  It's absolutely creepy when he says "her heart is mine," and that he is upset when she kisses her husband.

YES!  He acts more like a creepy ex then her dad

• Love 8

Elizabeth's dad is a first class creep. He probably wanted to do her on  her wedding night. Something very off with that family. She is such a loud mouth, attention seeker, opportunity seeker - - she probably thinks she'll get a spin-off series of her own or something. Hopefully when this is over and she watches herself on TV, she'll realize how awful she is.

How many times can Deonna say "I haven't been in a relationship for like 10 years." OMG, enough already. She starts every conversation, with every person, with it. It's becoming very obvious why she hasn't been in a relationship for 10 years.... IF that's even the truth. We all know how participants in this show aren't truthful, and the "experts" don't vet these people fully.

Iris and her virginity. PUH-LEEZE. Again, IF that's the truth.  

As I mentioned in another post, Amber is like a 13-year-old in heat. Can't she see that Matt wants nothing to do with her? He's like "Oh shit, I wish I wouldn't have done this MAFS thing."

And then there are the "experts." What a joke. Those people are a disgrace to the rest of the professions they supposedly represent.

• Love 6

Before you delete the last Unfiltered from your DVR, take a look.

Big Red Beth turned it down to simmer and was an engaging panelist.

Her hair color is a more flattering hue of crimson and she is a vision of loveliness in her raspberry top.

She has a banging body.

Question Keith's grey tunic...but as usual, he is handsome.

Matt's striped socks with his comically expansive manspread made him look like a sock model....

You could tell the 3 of them are friendly as you watch the interaction as they cut scene.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Raise your hand if you HOPE Elizabeth is adopted....then her enmeshed relationship with JealousRonnie is a little less uncomfy....for us to watch

Seriously thought for a second that at breakfast , Ronnie was going to whip out his peniz and challenge Jamie to measure up with his....

In the season tease, Elizabeth is caught in a lie...wanna bet it has to do with Daddy.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Maybe Matt feels that in order to include his parents, he would have had to tell negative aspects of their divorce and he’s trying to protect them from that.

I think there is more to the story than garden variety divorce - some big issue or scandal that Matt found intolerable. I'm deferring opinion until we learn more.

Update: Yes, the clam and I are still together 🙂

Please tell me your nickname for him is "Clam."

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I'm going to be alone with this, but I don't see the big deal regarding Matt and his family.  I have a friend whose family are all drunks and addicts.  He has nothing to do with any of them.  

Except that Matt said how close they had been before his parents' divorce. I'm not understanding how he can't get past it- two years later. Yeah, marriages can break apart for many ugly reasons, and they were his parents. But it was their issue, not his. 

• Love 3
(edited)
22 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Except that Matt said how close they had been before his parents' divorce. I'm not understanding how he can't get past it- two years later. Yeah, marriages can break apart for many ugly reasons, and they were his parents. But it was their issue, not his. 

I think it's more than just the divorce. IIRC, he's said something like, "My parents divorced a couple of years ago, and a lot of stuff went down..." That last part, while a vague statement, *could be* important. I mean, it could really mean anything from "I simply couldn't handle it" to "They tried to involve all the kids in their fights" to "Mom/Dad cheated and gave the other an STD." I'm sure the actual reason for the family estrangement will come out during one his (or their) sessions with an expert. Knowing this show, TPTB will likely bring family members in for "a very special MAFS." 

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 6

The dynamic the show is pushing (& may or may not be real or exaggerated), between Liz & the 'father' is offensive, & her behavior so far on the show is  immature & irritating.  IMO if anyone shouldn't have been cast, it's her, but as usual they go for those who will be 'good TV'.

Reg. Deonna- more people should take time to develop themselves personally before starting a serious relationship. If anything she's bringing more to the table this way for her marriage. They can learn to work together as a unit - together. 

Reg. Greg's compliments - that doesn't help develop the relationship. One here or there is nice, but if excessive can seem disingenuous, so he might need to tone it down.  It's kind of akin to Amber's overdoing it with Matt, & can be overwhelming. But Matt will get plenty of sex out of it, until he bursts the "perfect" (her word) bubble she's putting him in.

I'm in the camp Iris will remain a virgin at least during the season. If they develop as a couple we might be looking at a big decision or reunion day reveal. I noticed in the previews she's honest about having a past, albeit one lacking penetration, & am really hoping Keith doesn't get judgy because that would be ridiculous.

The show pushes narratives, therefore we'll keep hearing about Iris' virginity, Deonna's 10 year no dating, Matt's family issues, etc., because this is not a documentary; it's a show in every sense of the word. 😒

• Love 3

Amber needs to stop her repeated comments & jokes about Matt Gwynn V.  Jesus woman, you just met him.  I don't care if you are married, you just met - STOP with the having his baby jokes.  It's creepy.  Not as creepy as Elizabeth's dad but damn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

We haven't been shown anything to indicate that Iris is afraid of sex, uninterested in it, or thinks it's "dirty." I don't know where all that speculation is coming from. Being a virgin at 27 does not mean she's a clueless ingenue who's never touched a boy before. She chose to remain abstinent for religious reasons, not because she's asexual or man-repellant. She seems comfortable with herself and with Keith.

The show is just harping on this one aspect of her, like it does. They make everyone a caricature because that's a reality TV shortcut. God forbid we fill 47 minutes with new, character-building footage when we could just replay the same two scenes over and over: "coming up on...", "this is about to happen...", "this is happening...", "did you catch that? it just happened!", "previously on...", "we're not sure if you remember, but this happened...", ad infinitum.

Matt makes me nervous. He seems like he might be a snake in the grass. Very tall grass. Amber is kind of oblivious and he's saying just enough to make her think he's into her, but his body language reminds me of Jephte's when Shawniece gave him that Title IX violation of a lap dance. They eventually worked out, I guess, but there are some similarities in the energy differential. Jephte did seem a little more likely to crack a smile occasionally, though. Matt comes across as morose.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

We haven't been shown anything to indicate that Iris is afraid of sex, uninterested in it, or thinks it's "dirty." I don't know where all that speculation is coming from. Being a virgin at 27 does not mean she's a clueless ingenue who's never touched a boy before. She chose to remain abstinent for religious reasons, not because she's asexual or man-repellant. She seems comfortable with herself and with Keith.

The show is just harping on this one aspect of her, like it does. They make everyone a caricature because that's a reality TV shortcut. God forbid we fill 47 minutes with new, character-building footage when we could just replay the same two scenes over and over: "coming up on...", "this is about to happen...", "this is happening...", "did you catch that? it just happened!", "previously on...", "we're not sure if you remember, but this happened...", ad infinitum.

I see your point, but I don't think anyone has come to definite conclusions about Iris' sexual feelings. PityFree raised some great questions that I agreed might be potential problems once she decides to have sex. Iris says she didn't have sex because of her religion. Many Christian churches preach that sex is a "necessary evil," even between married people. There are also many churches preaching that once you're married, anything goes between consenting partners. I just don't know how Iris was raised or indoctrinated--or should I say religiously educated. 

She seems very affectionate with Keith, so she might not have any of these problems at all. 

I also raised the possibility that any of these spouses could have sexual issues, whether they've had 0 partners or 50. 

• Love 3