Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Another World

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, A-Lo said:

I've been watching most of this show but must have missed the courtship of Evelin and Corey since this is the first time I've seen them together.  I'm assuming she visited him in the US?  Was she nicer to him then?  'Cause other than her looks, I can't for the life of me see what is so attractive to him about her. 

I don't even think she has that going for her.  I was very underwhelmed by her.  I would say he is just as attractive or even more so.  Until he opens his mouth and that wienie voice comes out. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
(edited)

The only reason that I can imagine why a normal person would not be straightforward with their partner about their safety and health, is that they are terrified of upsetting the person and causing them to end the relationship.  Evelyn has Corey's money, so, he doesn't want to lose his investment. But, I must say, regardless of the money, Corey must realize that this woman would welcome his early demise.  That's why she doesn't care if he gets attacked, kidnapped, robbed, rained on or eaten by dogs or mosquitoes.  (Can you imagine the germs on that luggage that he lugged through those streets?)  lol 

In my mind, as he sat on that mattress, I was thinking ESCAPE PLAN!  Best plan would be to apply insect repellent and stay awake all night to keep them off.  Then, at daybreak lug luggage back to bus stop and to the airport for return flight home. I wouldn't even bother with a detour to local police to file report of her swindle. lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 16
(edited)

Evil-in's theme songs must be Ice, Ice baby by Vanilla Ice and Cold-blooded by Rick James.  I think the only reason she met him at the bus stop is to get the last little bit of shit he brought with him - the tv, cash whatever. She bled him dry. All the shit is in her name. She has no further use for him anymore. I can't find a shred of sympathy for Corey. He is the very definition of a SIMP. 

Corey if you can survive that 95 lb blood sucking mosquito Evil-in for this long, no need to worry about the ones in Ecuador. 

Paul denied a Brazilian visa? Now that is what I call effective border control. What work could he have possibly found and done in Brazil anyway? He can't speak the language and even in the US he wasn't qualified enough to scoop cow shit. 

Ji-hoon is unintentionally hilarious. 

3 hours ago, Bunnyette said:

Aladin wants a sugar mama so he can hang at the gym and not work too hard.  But that Laura is a fool for bringing sex toys.  Qatar is liberal compared to Saudi but not that liberal.  Her friend looked stunned when she told him her plans.

Wasn't Laura the one shown worried about Aladin being too affectionate at the airport for fear of getting arrested but yet she has a suitcase full of rubber dicks? Make that make sense! 

Laura's pronunciation of Aladin's name drives me crazy. Aladin himself pronounces the way I a am familiar with it - like the movie but Laura pronounces it like Allah-dean. 

Summit and Aladin need to do better. Preferences are fine but marrying these brokedown grandmas at their ages for their hair and eyes is just ridiculous, especially for Aladin who is quite attractive. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
45 minutes ago, A-Lo said:

Cause other than her looks, I can't for the life of me see what is so attractive to him about her.  She comes across as heartless and mean.  When she refused to meet him at the airport I was hoping he'd get right back on a plane to return home.

I'm not about to criticize anyone for their looks, but (imho) Evelin is not really all that attractive.  She has a nice body maybe, but her face is at best, average and she looks hard and ragged to me.  She won't age well.  It just doesn't seem to me like her looks are enough to make up for her godawful treatment of Cory.  I think her end game is to gaslight him with enough abuse so that he finally leaves, then blame him for leaving her (with all his $$).  I think the longer he puts up with her, the meaner she will be and the more frustrated she will get that he just......won't........go.........away.  She clearly loathes him.  I find it hard to be sympathetic to poor Cory.  He is so oblivious that he seems determined to learn the hard way because he sure isn't seeing all those big red flags waving frantically in front of his face.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
(edited)

Did anyone else catch this when Paul was reading about being called a terrorist, right before he ran off because he was about to have explosive diarrhea?  I paused my TV because I saw the word orgasm.  What the heck is Orgasm International??? 

Untitled design (38).jpg

Edited by GingerSnappy
Trying to make the image bigger
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

How old is Evelin? 26?  Her English is PHENOMENAL.  (kind of like Anfisa's, and she was even younger. ) Where did she learn it, being from such a tiny fishing village?  When she used REPELLANT properly, it made me wonder.  I don't think she's 26...

• Useful 3
  • Love 19

My sister & her husband believed in the "Family Bed",  their 2 kids slept in the same bed with them till they divorced,  kids were 6 & 10.  Deavon said she slept in bed with her parents till she was 7. As others have said tho,  having the little girl sleep next to a total stranger was wrong. 

Poul.... how did you think you were going to buy everything "Baby" needs?  At least they can now bathe the baby.   My thinking is "terrorism" was stalking & "genocide" was starting the house on fire.   

I have one of those glamour shots photos done in the '80's... never thought of trying to post that as a current photo of myself.  

Regarding Corey & Evilyn,  based on the conversation with her family,  I don't believe the roof is being repaired at her apartment,  which I'm sure he's paying for.  She is wanting to make life as uncomfortable for him as possible.   He's too blind to see this. 

• Love 12

So Evelyn's $6000 car is always broken down? Suuuure. I bet we (and Cory) never lay eyes on it. 

I really want to know why he wears a ring, yet she says she never wants to get married. I don't see her being like that one who made her guy wear an engagement ring out of jealousy. He's delusional and needs to recoup whatever losses he can and run!  

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Lesia said:

How old is Evelin? 26?  Her English is PHENOMENAL.  (kind of like Anfisa's, and she was even younger. ) Where did she learn it, being from such a tiny fishing village?  When she used REPELLANT properly, it made me wonder.  I don't think she's 26...

It is called schooling and the Internet.  

Why do Americans think it is impossible to learn another language?  Americans are taught a foreign language in school!

For about 8 school grades and college ......American education requires a foreign language requirement to pass.  But, they do not take it seriously.  Never learn anything!  All Americans should be fluent in Spanish....the way the USA education is set-up.

All other nationalities take this foreign language requirement in their own countries  seriously and why they speak English.

Anfisa and Evelin are goal oriented women.  They know what they want.

Too bad they are caught up with less than ideal partners. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Evil-in's theme songs must be Ice, Ice baby by Vanilla Ice and Cold-blooded by Rick James.  I think the only reason she met him at the bus stop is to get the last little bit of shit he brought with him - the tv, cash whatever. She bled him dry. All the shit is in her name. She has no further use for him anymore. I can't find a shred of sympathy for Corey. He is the very definition of a SIMP. 

Corey if you can survive that 95 lb blood sucking mosquito Evil-in for this long, no need to worry about the ones in Ecuador. 

Paul denied a Brazilian visa? Now that is what I call effective border control. What work could he have possibly found and done in Brazil anyway? He can't speak the language and even in the US he wasn't qualified enough to scoop cow shit. 

Ji-hoon is unintentionally hilarious. 

Wasn't Laura the one shown worried about Aladin being too affectionate at the airport for fear of getting arrested but yet she has a suitcase full of rubber dicks? Make that make sense! 

Laura's pronunciation of Aladin's name drives me crazy. Aladin himself pronounces the way I a am familiar with it - like the movie but Laura pronounces it like Allah-dean. 

Summit and Aladin need to do better. Preferences are fine but marrying these brokedown grandmas at their ages for their hair and eyes is just ridiculous, especially for Aladin who is quite attractive. 

This cracked me up. When, I first read the boldface above in your post, I THOUGHT for a moment that they were going to marry these women and then take their hair and eyes to sell for profit.  You know, like illegal organ trade.....lol.....then, it hit me what you mean when these guys said that they were attracted to the women's appearance......omg.  Too funny. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, GingerSnappy said:

Did anyone else catch this when Paul was reading about being called a terrorist, right before he ran off because he was about to have explosive diarrhea?  I paused my TV because I saw the word orgasm.  What the heck is Orgasm International??? 

Untitled design (38).jpg

Probably a translation blooper

google translate gets translations wrong quite often

Edited by Cini
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Little Dracilla seems to be behind verbally as well. A three year old is usually chattering nonstop. Devaen seems to want to keep her a baby. Which is even more of a disservice to her. Wait till mama comes home with a baby and whines at Dracilla "mama needs you to help with the new baby!" It will not be pretty.

• Love 17

Brazil is doing Pole a big favor sending him back. He should have cut his loses after the miscarriage. Karine is a gross do nothing that never plans on doing anything. I guess they do kind of deserve each other though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lesia said:

She looks like a hard 46 to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, nr65000 said:

She looks like a hard 46 to me.

Evelyn is closer to 40 than 26 for sure. I do think she’s attractive, and has a nice toned body but look at her neck and face- the thinnest woman at 26 doesn’t have neck like that unless she’s malnourished from chemo or something. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GingerSnappy said:

Untitled design (38).jpg

Yes! I posted about this, but all I saw were the words"before orgasm".  I was guessing Pole had some kind of sex conviction.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, iwasish said:

I thought you couldn’t use hair remover cream on the lower level. Or is this something different. 

Because I love making my recommended products super fun, I did research.  Coochie Cream is a gentle shave cream designed for uses on sensitive areas. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
22 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Brazil is doing Pole a big favor sending him back. He should have cut his loses after the miscarriage. Karine is a gross do nothing that never plans on doing anything. I guess they do kind of deserve each other though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree, but I fully expect Pole will come back to the US with Karine and baby in tow.  

If that does happen, I can't wait to see Mother Pole's reaction to having to support not only Pole again, but his wife and baby as well.  She seemed to be over being financially responsible for Pole when she sent him off the last time.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, BucFan said:

I’m not exactly sure what coochie cream is, and I’m afraid to google it. 

I did.  lol 

Spoiler

What I saw said it was a shaving cream to prevent bumps.

• Useful 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, Adeejay said:

It would appear that Aladin is "hustling backwards", but don't be fooled.  When Laura gets to Qatar, she is going to be so miserable that she will want to return home and suggests that he comes with her.  Like the loving husband that he is, Aladin will "reluctantly" come to America with his wife.  Mark my words.

Yes this is my theory as well. He is playing the long con. I don’t feel bad for her. 

I really liked Daevan’s gray dress with the bow at the airport. I wanted to make at least one positive comment about her because everything else is a train wreck.

Edited by preciousperfect
Me fail English
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, preciousperfect said:

Yes this is my theory as well. He is playing the long con. I don’t feel bad for her. 

I really liked the dress that Daevan’s gray dress with the bow at the airport. I wanted to make at least one positive comment about her because everything else is a train wreck.

I agree on both counts. 

I definately think Deavan can be quite pretty, but she doesn’t do “disheveled well” and it shows. She spends a lot of time cultivating the looks she puts online. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Given my understanding of attitudes towards both sex and women in that part of the world, I'm not surprised that Alladin was not focused on making sure she had an orgasm or experienced/trained in the ways to do that. It's not that he can't perform - she said he enjoyed himself lol.

Exactly my impression.  And I think her sex books and sex toys are going to have zero effect on his performance, plus they will insult the hell out of him.  "Male-dominant culture" includes the bedroom.  Didn't she watch Game of Thrones?

Is she planning to shave her pubic area?  She'd better find out how the culture she's moving to considers pubic hair--some cultures find a hairy crotch a good thing, the hairier the better--and I wonder if some cultures see a hairless crotch even on an adult woman as approaching pedophilia.  Surely she is not hoping to introduce Aladin to cunnilingus?  Didn't she watch The Sopranos and what Uncle Junior went through when it was learned he went down on his gf?

Aladin seems to be in love with the woman in the internet photos, so in love that he doesn't see reality right in front of his eyes.  He said she was a Muslim man's dream, blue-eyed and blonde, and she does look in those doctored photos like a 1950's pinup girl.  I don't know how she is pulling this off in person, but in trying to make him care about her sexual pleasure she's treading down a dangerous path.

She needs to leave well enough alone until she finds out a little more about Muslim men's attitudes about jiggy jiggy.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Spike said:

I thought she said they are doing roof repairs on her place so this is temporary.

Is that like the Ramadan that appears whenever the undesirable foreign partner is around?

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, nr65000 said:

I'm not about to criticize anyone for their looks, but (imho) Evelin is not really all that attractive.  She has a nice body maybe, but her face is at best, average and she looks hard and ragged to me.  She won't age well.  It just doesn't seem to me like her looks are enough to make up for her godawful treatment of Cory.  I think her end game is to gaslight him with enough abuse so that he finally leaves, then blame him for leaving her (with all his $$).  I think the longer he puts up with her, the meaner she will be and the more frustrated she will get that he just......won't........go.........away.  She clearly loathes him.  I find it hard to be sympathetic to poor Cory.  He is so oblivious that he seems determined to learn the hard way because he sure isn't seeing all those big red flags waving frantically in front of his face.

Agree. I would only add, my guess is that by the time he's ready to surrender, he's going to have to call Mom and Dad to buy his ticket home.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Yeah.  I'm a terrible, shallow person.  Aladin is hawt.  I would like to test out this theory about Aladin...for science.  I, for one, would be more than happy to show him a whole new world; even with my brown hair, skin, and eyes (I need these brown men to be better to us brown ladies).  You're more than welcome people b/c

giphy.gif

In truth, I think you all are totally right.  He's just fine, but can't really get his situation working with her.  Aladin seems, at least for now, so different than Mo and Azan.  He actually seems happy and less about scamming her.  Let's see if that holds.

Deavan is a damn mess.  I love that these two useless, in over their heads people, haven't had a conversation about basics like the sleeping situation.  I literally don't know anyone who sleeps with their child; like, sure, you get in for cuddles and reading stories in a storm, but the whole night?  Every night?.  I've heard of attachment style parenting, but that seems like it should at least be a conversation.  Drusilla needs someone to parent her.  Jesus.  Channel her energy.    Jihoon is awful presumptuous that he was gonna be hittin' it.  She's knocked up; the time in her mind for jiggy jiggy (I'm not ever calling it anything else) was over in that jiggy jiggy motel and that (undoubtedly cheap) bottle of wine.  Frankly, I don't care for the way she speaks to him either.  It feels condescending. 

Oh, Paul!  Complete fuck up as always.  Consistency is so comforting.

Imma need Cory to man-up.  Watching him eat shit every time Evelyn opens her mouth is painful.  He's an idiot. 

While not the norm, I think it's fairly common for parents to sleep with their toddlers.  A lot of moms do the co-sleeping thing for nursing infants now and frequently don't transition into a bed either because it's easier not to go through the transition or because they like sleeping with the kid.

I know a lady who sleeps with her husband and her 2 year old and 6 year old in bed every night.

Personally- not my thing.  My son rolls around a lot and no one would be getting a good night's sleep in my house!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BravoAddict72 said:

Not everyone takes Spanish and it was not required for that long. We had to take 2 years in highschool and I took French.

Why does a 3 year old still have a bottle and a diaper? 3 is way too old for a bottle in the back of the car. I realize some kids are not completely potty trained at 3 but maybe be trying and have them in a pull up? And this whole 10 minute rule nonsense? She knows she can only behave for 10 minutes inside places and Deavan is ok with this? Oh heck no! My rule was if you cannot behave on your own you will be strapped in the stroller or in the grocery cart. If you continue to misbehave we will go outside and have a "talk". Once we get home it will be nap time since you must be tired if you cannot behave. That feral child needs a bath, her hair combed, and some discipline.

I think Americans don't take studying a foreign language as seriously as other cultures do because you can get a good job here and be fine in most areas just learning one.  But in other countries, knowing English is helpful to getting a better paying job especially in a business field.  Those that take it seriously do learn other languages fluently.  Plus- many Americans don't want to live overseas.  Anfisa wanted to come to America.

I took Spanish for 4 years in high school and then in college.  I was fairly fluent but then lost it because I didn't have to use it at all after college in my job.

Even though many high schools require a language, many kids will language hop because it is easier.  (I used to teach in a high school and it wasn't strange for a kid who really didn't care about learning a language to take Spanish 1 for a year, followed by French 1, followed by Mandarin 1).  They were thus able to fulfill the requirement but never have to worry about learning the really difficult grammar rules!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, GingerSnappy said:

Untitled design (38).jpg

I noticed that too, along with other questionable translations.  I predict that next week we will find out that Pole took it all wrong and that he has not been denied a residence permit.  After all this time, he still doesn't seem to have developed enough of a grasp on Spanish to understand even approve vs deny.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

Something is wrong with Deavan. She is slow and strange.

I could say the same thing about Cory. He's a simpleton who will gladly take abuse and loathing from his hard-faced Ecuadorian girlfriend.

Is she Mormon too?  They believe an angel named Moroni visited upstate New York.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

Yes! I posted about this, but all I saw were the words"before orgasm".  I was guessing Pole had some kind of sex conviction.

Yea, I read it fast and assumed he got off on burning houses down.  I don't put anything past Pole.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GingerSnappy said:

Untitled design (38).jpg

I paused my DVR on the original, untranslated letter (because I just love to try to read stuff they flash on my HD TV), then, I think Paul used some kind of an app that translates the written word for you when you take a picture with your phone (I did not even know such a thing existed, lol.) Anyway, the original letter said "organismo internacional", which I think would translate to ""international organization." I guess those apps are not foolproof, err Paulproof.

Also, I call bullshit on the whole Corey/Evilyn story. Supposedly, Corey was backpacking, (by himself!) around Central/South America when he decided to head into Ecuador for a few days and met Evilyn there. And now they want us to believe he cannot handle the simplest of tasks on his own? Evilyn needs to "test" him on his ability to travel alone? And, the car just happens to be broken down so they need to walk to grandma's hovel? Where they need to stay because Evilyn's apartment just happens to be under repair? Producer driven bullshit, I say.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, BucFan said:

I’m not exactly sure what coochie cream is, and I’m afraid to google it. 

It’s basically hair conditioner, or used to be. We sold it in an adult store I worked in around 1999, and it was 7 bucks an ounce then. All you need is some Suave or White Rain.

Im going to need some proof Corey is An active Mormon. There is no way this pansy went on a 2 year mission. Mormons are the nicest people, but they’re not naive at all. Especially when it comes to finances, and an outsider trying to run a game on them.

Laura is in her sixties. She needs to step away from the Snapchat filters. Aladin is stringing her along because she has an income, and can come over when he needs her to without losing any income, ergo he gets some action occasionally, and money and gifts. If he prefers blue eyed blondes, Europe is close by and he could surely find someone half Laura’s age to have fun with. It’s all about her steady income.

Pole running is the best thing ever. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

It’s basically hair conditioner, or used to be. We sold it in an adult store I worked in around 1999, and it was 7 bucks an ounce then. All you need is some Suave or White Rain.

Im going to need some proof Corey is An active Mormon. There is no way this pansy went on a 2 year mission. Mormons are the nicest people, but they’re not naive at all. Especially when it comes to finances, and an outsider trying to run a game on them.

Laura is in her sixties. She needs to step away from the Snapchat filters. Aladin is stringing her along because she has an income, and can come over when he needs her to without losing any income, ergo he gets some action occasionally, and money and gifts. If he prefers blue eyed blondes, Europe is close by and he could surely find someone half Laura’s age to have fun with. It’s all about her steady income.

Pole running is the best thing ever. 

If Aladdin has to do the nasty with Laura he is earning every penny.  I wish Laura brought Ludwing to the dildo store.

3 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Most brand products in Latin America (OFF! is popular) are imported.

But according to Evelyn mosquitoes don’t bite the locals.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

If Aladdin has to do the nasty with Laura he is earning every penny.  I wish Laura brought Ludwing to the dildo store.

But according to Evelyn mosquitoes don’t bite the locals.

Hey!  You have Corey with a flat screen Tv in his luggage......but, no OFF! and mosquito net!

To him......television is more important than catching Zika! 

I am pretty sure he got the information  pamphlet on these diseases when he got his travel shots.

Evelyn is Correct! 

He is gonna learn!!!!!  

Next week he will back on that same bus to the store to buy himself himself a net and repelente! 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

My rule was if you cannot behave on your own you will be strapped in the stroller or in the grocery cart. If you continue to misbehave we will go outside and have a "talk". Once we get home it will be nap time since you must be tired if you cannot behave.

YES! I said to my husband, she needs to strap that baby in a stroller!  Listen we have an almost 3 year old and I sympathize.  It's a tough age.  When Deavan cried at the airport, I was like, ok--she's pregnant, stressed and alone.  I get it.

But damn, she just acts helpless and like it has nothing to do with her! Get your act together and maybe quit chasing the next asian dude and focus on the kid you have. I know, its too late for that 🙂

• Love 15

I can't help it; I'm so entertained by how much Evelin hates Cory. She could not make it more clear from the jump that she hates him and didn't want him to come, and he did anyway, so I have no sympathy for him. I'm going to be stitching "He shouldve brought his own mosquito repellent" on a pillow.

Paul running will never not be funny to me. I could watch it a million times and it will never get old.

You know, I would've thought Drascilla would've been the best birth control on the planet. It's certainly working for me.

It has been driving me nuts for two weeks trying to figure out who Deavan looks like, because she kept reminding me of someone. Then it finally came to me - if Brandi C from Rock of Love dyed her hair black.

6bylzxx.jpg

bye-brandi.png

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, linthia said:

Also, I call bullshit on the whole Corey/Evilyn story

Me too. She's too hard as nails and he's too dumb and spineless.  I think we're being especially set up with these two.

Who was the guy getting his whole face waxed?  Yikes! that hair will be growing and itchy within hours. 

Watching Pole run is the funniest thing.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, linthia said:

And, the car just happens to be broken down so they need to walk to grandma's hovel? Where they need to stay because Evilyn's apartment just happens to be under repair? Producer driven bullshit, I say.

Well, to be fair, the producers only had something like  87 scenes of this guy dragging & dropping his luggage all over Ecuador so they needed just a little bit more footage.

1 hour ago, Princess Sparkle said:

You know, I would've thought Drascilla would've been the best birth control on the planet. It's certainly working for me.

That Demon Child is the reason why I do not have children.  No thanks!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6