Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Another World

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Unraveled said:

I thought it was pretty obvious that she filtered the heck out of her all photos. She used a blurring effect on her skin which is why it looked disturbingly smooth.

Yikes, she neglected to filter her neck in a couple of the pictures.  Definitely turkey neck!  Her neck may look older than Jenny's.   I though she and Aladin had married earlier;  if so, why does she call him her fiance'  ( or is that just because of the name of the show)?   I am not sure showing him that book is a good idea;  he will probably feel very, very insulted so maybe she just better lie back and think of England (or Florida) during jiggy jiggying.

Well, I will say that Corey would have been pretty safe on the bus to Engabao with a camera crew or at least a camera man with him.   I just looked at trip advisor, and there were a couple of really cheap places he could have rented for the night instead of staying with grandmama unless she has already spent his money.    Also it looks as though the only thing to do there is fish, surf, or imagine throwing rocks at dogs.     Evelin is very snarky,  she would fit in very well in this forum. 

I think Karine(a) in Brazil is a little like Evelin.   Evelin is far worse, but Karine doesn't seem all that into Paul.   Maybe it is because of the language barrier, but being tossed out of the country might be a blessing in disguise. 

I will continue to arm myself with mirror, a strand of garlic, my rosary, and a stake to have handy when Deavan appears on screen.  I am starting to look at Jihoon to see if his teeth are becoming pointed.    I am sure that condo she rented  (is she pretending she owns it?) must have at least three bedrooms.  She needs to lie down with demon spawn until it goes to sleep, then she can go to another room and do the jiggy jiggy thing with Jihoon.   That is, assuming she wants to.

I did enjoy 2 scenes with cats. 

The only sighting of Ludwing was in a flashback.   Today in his honor I ate a grilled cheese sandwich.   

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, Tatortot said:

Corey!    She told you she doesn't want to get married to you, why are u moving over there on a 90day visa?   

But did she?  I thought what we know is this:  She found the engagement ring from last time (why was she in his things?  Rifling for spare cash?) and was pissed at the ring.  She told her family she did not want to marry him, I am not sure if she told him that.  Yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree on both counts. 

I definately think Deavan can be quite pretty, but she doesn’t do “disheveled well” and it shows. She spends a lot of time cultivating the looks she puts online. 

Yes cultivating her looks, instead of being a parent. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

That Demon Child is the reason why I do not have children.  No thanks!

Imagine what she will act like as a teen lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think Karine(a) in Brazil is a little like Evelin.   Evelin is far worse, but Karine doesn't seem all that into Paul.   Maybe it is because of the language barrier, but being tossed out of the country might be a blessing in disguise. 

Well, Pole did say that she asked for a divorce before she learned she was pregnant, So I'd say the affection, what little there was, is mostly gone.

• Love 5

Evil is definitely not Mormon.  She gleefully told Corey’s parents that she believes that Mormonism is a bad cult.  

37 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

But did she?  I thought what we know is this:  She found the engagement ring from last time (why was she in his things?  Rifling for spare cash?) and was pissed at the ring.  She told her family she did not want to marry him, I am not sure if she told him that.  Yet.

She did.  She also told him if he was moving to Ecuador, it shouldn’t be for her.  So  I have to give her points for honesty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

‘Oh! Their English is so good!  Why is their English so good when they all come from dumpy villages in third world countries?’  

If I do comment on someone speaking English well, it's with a sense of admiration because English is one of the most difficult languages in the world.  None of our rules are logical, and we're cobbled together from a lot of other languages in nonsensical ways.  

I have never commented on their home country or circumstances.  

And I did actually say that Karine speaks more English than Pole speaks Portuguese, despite living in Brazil.  :)

Not all language comments are ignorant or condescending.

• Love 22

Karine doesn’t need a stroller. She can wear one of those sarong type things that you tie the baby either to your chest or back while walking around. She spends most of her time lolling in bed or at the table complaining, not  so much walking outside. Paul will never be a good provider, Pierre will have the bare minimum. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

To assume poor foreigners cannot be educated. To measure intelligence with income level. That they are too poor or too dumb to learn a foreign language.

This is a type of racism.  

Being poor and from a disadvantage background does not mean you cannot learn English outside the USA.  You just have to be a serious Foreign Language student. 

Give foreigners this credit without judgement

You are right, and I thank you for pointing it out. 

I cannot believe Laura is only 51. Aladdin honestly must have been horrified the first time he saw her in person, vs. those heavily photoshopped and filtered pictures.

Same with Deavan. Her photos looked good, but all of them featured pouty duck lips, not a full on smile. Her daughter, my lawd, I cannot abide an unabashed brat. I thought Deavan was crying upon the Family Jihoon's arrival because of the child's misbehavior coupled with pregnancy hormones.

It occurred to me as well that Deavan would be dumb enough to try to pass off another, non-Korean man's baby as Jihoon's, thinking that any old Asian will do.  Now that would be interesting in the delivery room.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

If I do comment on someone speaking English well, it's with a sense of admiration because English is one of the most difficult languages in the world.  None of our rules are logical, and we're cobbled together from a lot of other languages in nonsensical ways.  

I have never commented on their home country or circumstances.  

And I did actually say that Karine speaks more English than Pole speaks Portuguese, despite living in Brazil.  🙂

Not all language comments are ignorant or condescending.

Perfect!  Love reading this.  It also means my comment did not apply to you.

My comment is general and brings attention to the issue.  ‘To stop spreading stereotypes rooted in racism.’

I also brought attention to Karine’s storyline who is learning English in Brazil.

It can be done regardless of background or location! 

Hopefully, we will see Pole in Portuguese language class.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

My point in responding was to address how students all over the world take their Foreign Language requirement seriously and learn the English language.......because it is the default language around the world.

Regardless, of what language you choose from your requirement. It is 8 months for comprehension. 2 years for fluency.  If students take their studies seriously.

Every week we get the same comment here.  I am just tired of reading it and want to shed some light.

‘Oh! Their English is so good!  Why is their English so good when they all come from dumpy villages in third world countries?’  

To assume poor foreigners cannot be educated. To measure intelligence with income level. That they are too poor or too dumb to learn a foreign language.

This is a type of racism.  It is a cultural superiority complex.

Americans are given the SAME chance in school to learn a foreign language.  Everyone is pretty much equal on the foreign language topic. 

This is what I wanted to say. 

I am pretty sure Karine will learn English faster than Pole will learn Portuguese.

And, they are both in.....Brazil! 

This is a storyline this season.

Karine will go from English translation App to Fluency.  By taking classes in her humble Brazilian neighborhood.......using online resources, etc. 

Being poor and from a disadvantage background does not mean you cannot learn English outside the USA.  You just have to be a serious Foreign Language student. 

Give foreigners this credit without judgement. 

I wasn't one of the ones who commented, but I share their reaction about Evelin's proficiency with English. I took 7+ years of a language (French) in school, at some well-regarded schools, including taking an AP course. I was a very serious student. I tested out of my (well-regarded) college's language requirement based on an oral and written exam. But I can assure you, at my best, my French was pretty much useless and I was far from fluent. Those who are more proficient in languages generally had a parent who spoke the language, or spent time travelling to a place where they could be immersed. Those who were raised bilingual also seem to have an easier time picking up a third language. So my assumptions are based on my personal experiences trying to learn a language and my anecdotal experiences of the proficiency of those I know who went through the Canadian and American education systems. Hence the reason her proficiency in languages stands out to me.   

The reason people are commenting on it is because people from poor villages are less likely to be exposed to English day to day (more likely to hear it in cities), less likely to have had an opportunity to do a study abroad (not cheap), and less likely to need it for opportunities available in their town (if everyone in town speaks the same language and the economy is local, there is no need for employees with other languages). Compare her English to Karine's. Which suggests she either had a goal in mind that motivated her to take extra steps to learn, or there's something noteworthy in her backstory that explains it. 

My understanding is her family is in the restaurant business, and her town has a tourist trade. That may be sufficient reason for her to have learned.

Edited by Evangeline
Revising per Drogo's post.
  • Love 9

Criticizing the people on this show (including how well they speak English, Americans and foreigners alike) is perfectly fine. 

Criticizing other posters for their comments is not.

• Love 15

I forgot, or maybe I missed it.....If Paul has to leave Brazil.....what was the reason that Karine could not come to the U.S.?  Or is it because Paul has a felony (or multiple), he is unable to sponsor someone?

And uh yeah, there's no way Laura is 51.  As someone pointed out in another episode thread, her son made a comment about their age difference, where she'd be closer to 61.  I'm older than she is, and she looks like she could be my mother.  

And Laura, don't think we didn't notice your soft focus filters....who do you and Deavan, mom of spawn devil child, think you are that we wouldn't notice?

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I forgot, or maybe I missed it.....If Paul has to leave Brazil.....what was the reason that Karine could not come to the U.S.?  Or is it because Paul has a felony (or multiple), he is unable to sponsor someone?

And uh yeah, there's no way Laura is 51.  As someone pointed out in another episode thread, her son made a comment about their age difference, where she'd be closer to 61.  I'm older than she is, and she looks like she could be my mother.  

And Laura, don't think we didn't notice your soft focus filters....who do you and Deavan, mom of spawn devil child, think you are that we wouldn't notice?

Paul doesn’t make enough money and his mother refused to cosponsor.  He would need to make 28k for a family of three.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Spike said:

Paul doesn’t make enough money and his mother refused to cosponsor.  He would need to make 28k for a family of three.

Oh, right!  I can't believe I couldn't remember that!  And scooping up cow patties doesn't pay $28K, a job from which he was about to be fired anyway!  Thanks!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Well, to be fair, the producers only had something like  87 scenes of this guy dragging & dropping his luggage all over Ecuador so they needed just a little bit more footage.

That Demon Child is the reason why I do not have children.  No thanks!

My tubes pretty much tied themselves after witnessing such ferals over the course of my life. Double no thanks! 

Since Laura isn’t activating that lump between her ears anytime soon, maybe her friend (and now ours) Ludwing can clue her in that bringing a sex toy to Qatar is a no no. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

Qatar still practices female genital mutilation. So I'm not sure how thrilled Aladin is going to be to focus on something that many in his culture think should be cut off.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Azubah said:

Qatar still practices female genital mutilation. So I'm not sure how thrilled Aladin is going to be to focus on something that many in his culture think should be cut off.

He is from Tunisia, just working in Qatar.

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Azubah said:

This ^^. I have a friend from college who was Egyptian and Muslim - really new to America right when he was starting school. He was eager to immerse himself into the culture (especially when he caught the eye of pretty much every girl there with his looks). But he could not get with the notion of female orgasms not brought on by his penetration (read: someone faking it) and insisted that it was a manly duty to have penetration sex only, and men didn't use things because they had a thing (I know, right?). He's since been married for a long time to a British woman who has changed his way of thinking - but Laura isn't going to get off (HA!!!) that easily approaching it the way she's planning. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6

I find myself in the unfortunate position of agreeing with evelin.  I think Corey was being completely superior and extra at her grandmother's house.  Yeah, suck it the fuck up Corey, you're in a poor village in the third world country.  No electricity, no nets, just poor people doing the best they can.  Proudly talking about the humble bed they have for you and you're turning up your nose.  Shameful behavior.

If you were that worried about the mosquitoes you should have stayed home.

BUT, she really should have worn her special boutique church clothes to meet him.

5 minutes ago, preciousperfect said:

I honestly don’t have a clear favorite for least intelligent at this point. It’s a race to the bottom. 

It always is with the 90 day franchise.  A race to the bottom with a photo finish.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

At this point I can safely say that filters are the new catfishing.  And boy did Laura catfish the hell out of aladin.

I'm pretty sure I saw a glamour shot in there.  The original catfish filter.

Besides the fact that aladin won't be interested at all in any of that, does she know if he reads English?  

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Little Dracilla seems to be behind verbally as well. A three year old is usually chattering nonstop. Devaen seems to want to keep her a baby. Which is even more of a disservice to her. Wait till mama comes home with a baby and whines at Dracilla "mama needs you to help with the new baby!" It will not be pretty.

LOL.  Was hilarious to watch devans hens coming home to roost (that sounds wrong but I don't know farm sayings).

It's real cute to pretend like non parenting is your choice, and I'd bet on any other day she'd give about zero fucks that her poorly behaved child was causing a ruckus and annoying everyone else.  

Nope, if it hadn't been for jihoons parents, she would have been grinning and giggling and druscilla went wild and shoulder shrugging and ignoring the dirty looks from everyone else.

She is a moron.  "Druscilla is acting so wild!". Bitch, don't act surprised, this is exactly the child you "raised". Don't act like druscilla is the problem.   YOU and your lassiez faire parenting are the problem.  In what universe did you think druscilla was going to behave any other way than in the manner you've allowed her to behave every other day??!?!!!!

"I don't want jihoons parents to think I'm a bad mom". Girl what?  I think that ship has sailed.

Also, what's going on with jihoons lip.  Does he need chapstick?  I can't live without chapstick .

9 hours ago, toodles said:

Coochie Cream.  Who knew?  I guess TLC really is the learning channel.

Still confused about what that is, it sounds like shaving cream, but why not buy shaving cream from Target?  

• Love 15
(edited)

***and from next weeks previews it looks like Tiffany figures out why marrying an addict five minutes out of rehab may not be the best idea!

5 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Evelin is a sociopath. 

Deavenenne(???) is truly a mess. Like I’m pretty sure I saw detritus falling off her as she walked. She and Druscilla are like those smoke ghost things in Spirited Away.

Somebody on PTV once described Pole as an alligator running on its hind legs and it was one of the best things I’ve ever read. 

That child stays looking dirty.  Parents I know carry wipes.  But Devan was too busy with eyeliner or something 🙄 

paul running was the best part of the show.  I bust out laughing every time he does it.  It's delightful and props to the camera crew who know just how to capture the moment.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL.  Was hilarious to watch devans hens coming home to roost (that sounds wrong but I don't know farm sayings).

It's real cute to pretend like non parenting is your choice, and I'd bet on any other day she'd give about zero fucks that her poorly behaved child was causing a ruckus and annoying everyone else.  

Nope, if it hadn't been for jihoons parents, she would have been grinning and giggling and druscilla went wild and shoulder shrugging and ignoring the dirty looks from everyone else.

She is a moron.  "Druscilla is acting so wild!". Bitch, don't act surprised, this is exactly the child you "raised". Don't act like druscilla is the problem.   YOU and your lassiez faire parenting are the problem.  In what universe did you think druscilla was going to behave any other way than in the manner you've allowed her to behave every other day??!?!!!!

"I don't want jihoons parents to think I'm a bad mom". Girl what?  I think that ship has sailed.

Also, what's going on with jihoons lip.  Does he need chapstick?  I can't live without chapstick .

Still confused about what that is, it sounds like shaving cream, but why not buy shaving cream from Target?  

Coochie cream is hair conditioner, basically - but that wouldn't have been good (?) tv.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

Coochie cream is hair conditioner, basically - but that wouldn't have been good (?) tv.

Okay, so it helps you cut your hair down there or is it supposed to make it softer if you like being.....natural down there?

I mean unless you have a situation downtown, if you want to cut it the softness of the hair shouldn't matter right?

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Okay, so it helps you cut your hair down there or is it supposed to make it softer if you like being.....natural down there?

I mean unless you have a situation downtown, if you want to cut it the softness of the hair shouldn't matter right?

It's just to condition the skin for shaving, minimizes ingrown hairs and razor burn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Because throwing a fancy label on it, selling it at a sex store, and charging a lot makes it seem somehow superior to anything you can buy at Target.  It's marketed towards the dumb, so it works perfectly on any 90 day participant.

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

It's just to condition the skin for shaving, minimizes ingrown hairs and razor burn.

Don't they have commercials for "Bikini Zone" during the show, where the three girls are trimming those little bushes into heart shapes? Product placement? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
20 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

I thought shaving cream did that?!?!!!

I'm so late to the game.  

But after watching aladin's waxing, coohie cream is a far better alternative.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Corey/ evilen- Snore!  I don't even care what happens to them.

Laura/ Brad Pitt- I think they are hilarious.  Laura is like a smarter/more pleasant  Angela. YOLO

Deaven/ Jujitzu- I think this is the first time Deaven really had Dracula all in her care by herself.  I mean, pregnancy hormones make you cry about everything, but I really do think it's the first time she traveled alone with her or has even been alone with her.  She was not terribly confident in how to handle her.  Devean has ruined her kid's life if she doesn't step up/grow up to be a mother.  First she gave her a stupid name, and second she is showcasing her lack of parenting and her daughter's terrible learned behavior as part of her storyline on a trashy reality show, and 3rd her kid/s will grow up to be terrible people that no one can stand to be around.  Too bad Jujitzu now has an anchor baby with her; he will never escape hillbilly Deavan and her spawn.  I don't feel pearl clutchy about co-sleeping in and of itself; whatever works for you and your family, but having her kids sleep next to some man that she hardly knows??????? Gross; this is how abuse can happen; let me pull my pearls off and throw them on the floor along with a bowl.

Pol/ Slug- Everytime we see trash sitting on the street and feral cats  you know their segment is coming up.  Pol is a loser.  Sluggy possibly thought he was a rich American who could give her all the stupid stuffed animals she wanted, but she's finding out he's just a freak that can't hold down any job; not even shoveling horse poop- and not even a good looking freak.  Pol runs like a hyper toddler with poop in it's diaper that doesn't understand potty training yet and doesn't want you to change him. So he just runs and smells like poop.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4
On 7/1/2019 at 11:07 PM, Adeejay said:

It would appear that Aladin is "hustling backwards", but don't be fooled.  When Laura gets to Qatar, she is going to be so miserable that she will want to return home and suggests that he comes with her.  Like the loving husband that he is, Aladin will "reluctantly" come to America with his wife.  Mark my words.

Wow, you are too wise because he was about to fool me with his seemingly genuine words of affection for Laura. I just could not understand it! But then he mentioned the blonde hair, blue eyes thing and I'm like...are men really that desperate for some bleach blonde hair and blue eyes at any cost??? Regardless of anything, they won't last because he is attractive and he knows it and she's insecure and he knows it.

I can't stand Evelin and her whole speech about Corey doing for himself in Ecuador. Ummm, did you get that bar on the beach and car all by doing it yourself Evelin??? Girl, bye. But Corey, this is exactly what you asked for so no sympathy here. She is playing you like a fiddle and you like her song and dance. As soon as Evelin would've said we had to walk to grandma's house after that long @ss trip carrying all that luggage, I would have brought my dumb behind right back home. 

I can't with Deaven and that child. Drascilla had my kitty leap right out of her sleep with all that screaming. And Deaven's just has this permanent "I'm out to lunch mentality, spiritually, and emotionally" look on her face. Poor Jihoon just knew he was going to get him some that first night lol. The only thing he is worried about is having sex with his American girl...smh. Speaking of Jihoon. Everytime I see him, I just want to smear a tablespoon of vaseline on his bottom lip!!

And I don't know how any self-respecting woman would allow herself to get pregnant by no running Paul. 

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Don't they have commercials for "Bikini Zone" during the show, where the three girls are trimming those little bushes into heart shapes? Product placement? 

I saw that commercial like ten times before I realized there were different shapes.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
8 minutes ago, kanona29 said:

I can't with Deaven and that child. Drascilla had my kitty leap right out of her sleep with all that screaming.

TLC should sell ads for condoms or Pharma Birth Control Pills after every segment with Bratzilla. Perfect product placement! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

I find myself in the unfortunate position of agreeing with evelin.  I think Corey was being completely superior and extra at her grandmother's house.  Yeah, suck it the fuck up Corey, you're in a poor village in the third world country.  No electricity, no nets, just poor people doing the best they can.  Proudly talking about the humble bed they have for you and you're turning up your nose.  Shameful behavior.

Normally, I'd agree with you, but I think it was just a last straw thing for Corey.  She didn't meet him at the airport, and the whole "You need to learn to do things" didn't fly for me.  She's not wrong that he does, but he just flew all that way to be with her, I'd want a person I did that for (not that I can image doing that) to want to meet me at the airport.  Then she sprung the "we have to stay with my grandma because my place is being fixed" and "we have to walk with all your luggage because the car is broke down" on him when he finally got there.  So far, in the little time he's been there, nothing has been what he thought it would be.

Now, if he keeps up that attitude, I'll be right there with you.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Wait... so Pole is a crime against humanity?

You've seen him run....thats at least a crime against Darwin.

46 minutes ago, lh25 said:

Normally, I'd agree with you, but I think it was just a last straw thing for Corey.  She didn't meet him at the airport, and the whole "You need to learn to do things" didn't fly for me.  She's not wrong that he does, but he just flew all that way to be with her, I'd want a person I did that for (not that I can image doing that) to want to meet me at the airport.  Then she sprung the "we have to stay with my grandma because my place is being fixed" and "we have to walk with all your luggage because the car is broke down" on him when he finally got there.  So far, in the little time he's been there, nothing has been what he thought it would be.

I could see that.  I think it just rubbed me all sorts of wrong so maybe it was a last straw.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lh25 said:

34 minutes ago, RealReality said:

You've seen him run....thats at least a crime against Darwin.

I could see that.  I think it just rubbed me all sorts of wrong so maybe it was a last straw.

Yeah, I can see both sides here too. One one hand, it's obvious that Evilin made zero effort to help Corey when he first arrived, and that was a total bitch move. From what we see on the show, it's like she doesn't even want him there (I totally don't blame her, he's a dud), but if that's the case she should have spoken up and told him to take a long walk off a short cliff already. 

At the same time, I don't feel sorry for people who choose to go to poor countries and expect things to be different for them. It's a"I'm so precious and special, I shouldn't have to put up with these conditions!" attitude. It rubs me the wrong way, as if the person is implying that it's okay for all the locals to subjected to poverty, but not themselves. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Twopper said:

I am sure that condo she rented  (is she pretending she owns it?) must have at least three bedrooms. 

No, they know it's rented.  Jinhoon asked if they were going to a hotel and she said no, a house. And she did say it has 3 bedrooms when she said his parents could pick what room they wanted. So maybe it has 4 since it looks like they chose the master. 

• Love 2

Think it's a status thing of having a blonde hair- blued woman. Some people fetishize certain features so much that it literally blinds them to the other imperfections the people may have. He seems to genuinely be excited about her.

• Love 3

I have a friend of South Asian descent who is married now but says the one thing he regrets is not hooking up at least once with a blonde blue-eyed woman.  Maybe Hollywood has a great impact on worldwide standards of beauty.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Think it's a status thing of having a blonde hair- blued woman. Some people fetishize certain features so much that it literally blinds them to the other imperfections the people may have. He seems to genuinely be excited about her.

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

I have a friend of South Asian descent who is married now but says the one thing he regrets is not hooking up at least once with a blonde blue-eyed woman.  Maybe Hollywood has a great impact on worldwide standards of beauty.

Whiteness, specifically blonde hair and blue eyes has a lot of currency for women in the heteronormative framework. If one is white and has blonde hair and blue eyes they might not notice (duh) but there’s propaganda that if you’re a thin, blond haired blue eyed white woman you are THE HOTTEST THING WALKING EVER and every man’s total fantasy. The effects of colonialsm and our global economy with the internet making the world much smaller makes it easier to act on this fetish/fantasy for those that are interested. 

I do think for a lot of Laura situated women, who are now older, they’ve lost their youth but they will always be white- it’s a currency they can play with the foreign fiancés. It doesn’t make them a morally corrupt human being (everyone is an adult here), but let’s not pretend it’s any different than a man offering an increased standard of living and a green card. 

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Think it's a status thing of having a blonde hair- blued woman

Well, I'm going to dye my hair blonde, get blue contacts, filter the hell out of my pictures and put my profile on international dating sites just to see if I can land a hot foreign guy! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6