Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Another World

• Start Topic

Corey's arrival in Ecuador is not as he expected; Deavan is off to a rocky start with Jihoon's parents; Laura takes drastic measures to improve her sex life with Aladin; Paul receives upsetting news regarding his permanent residency in Brazil.

Airs 7/1/19.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

As an American I am happy to see these idiots leave my country.

Sadly some may return. 

1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

I want to feel sorry for Corey, but I can't.  He is an idiot.  Clearly, Evelin doesn't feel the same way he does.  The silver lining to this is that she won't marry him, so he will have to return home.

Paul committed war crimes and genocide?!  What the heck did he do? 

I seriously doubt that Aladin has "performance" problems.  Me thinks he just doesn't want to "perform" with Laura. 

Or he hasn’t had much practice with the ladies. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Jihoon, at this point, amuses me.

So far I like him also, he doesn't seem like a jerk he's just immature. But I don't think he will last long in the domestic life with two kids. Especially a rambunctious 3 year old who sleeps between you two!?!

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

So far I like him also, he doesn't seem like a jerk he's just immature. But I don't think he will last long in the domestic life with two kids. Especially a rambunctious 3 year old who sleeps between you two!?!

When they were talking about living in South Korea, I thought:  "Get your own flat!!!!"  No way could they all live in 1000 (on a good day) square space.  Newlyweds need their own space anyways.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I think Evelin’s bummed out that Corey didn’t get murdered on the bus ride.

I said the same thing. "Dammit!!! No one shanked him!!  Ya can't get a good thug nowadays."  And as an animal lover (and current foster dog mom) I was a bit horrified at her "Just pretend to throw rocks at them."  Nice......

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
34 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I thought the rando chatting him up might have picked his pocket.

31 minutes ago, rideashire said:

So what's the scam with Aladin and Laura? I don't get it. It's not to get him to the US because she's going there, so...what's his angle? I feel like there has to be something and I'm just missing it.

Maybe he thinks once they have been married for a while it will be easier for a man to come to the United States from a Muslim country.  Sort of like like Jon thinking they may overlook his criminal record if he is already married to the American.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, rideashire said:

Honestly, I couldn't care less about how rotten she is to Corey because she's giving him all the signs and he's refusing to see them, but then she said that about the dogs and I was instantly like wow...she's a terrible person. 

Hey at least she said pretend.  I could see her chucking boulders at those strays.

• Love 2
Just now, Spike said:

Boy that first pic of Laura was either 30 years old or filters have gotten spectacular.

I thought it was pretty obvious that she filtered the heck out of her all photos. She used a blurring effect on her skin which is why it looked disturbingly smooth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Oh well, at least she can console herself by grifting the rest of his money and the stuff he packed before leaving him to the wild dogs.

Laura has a fun personality, once again I wonder why somebody on this show has to go around the world to find a mate. But then again, these people are usually a 4 and think they deserve a 10 so I guess I answered my own question.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Oh well, at last she can console herself by grifting the rest of his money and the stuff he packed before leaving him to the wild dogs.

Laura has a fun personality, once again I wonder why somebody on this show has to go around the world to find a mate. But then again, these people are usually a 4 and think they deserve a 10 so I guess I answered my own question.

It’s because people’s friends lie to them.  If you’re a four and you ask me what you are I will tell you.

• Love 10

Evelin is just horrible. Corey is a wimpy guy, but he doesn’t deserve such a witch. He should tell her he is leaving and taking his money with him.

Paul and Corinne both seem like they have some cognitive issues. As for Laura and Aladdin, I don’t know what is going on there but it isn’t love. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Yeah.  I'm a terrible, shallow person.  Aladin is hawt.  I would like to test out this theory about Aladin...for science.  I, for one, would be more than happy to show him a whole new world; even with my brown hair, skin, and eyes (I need these brown men to be better to us brown ladies).  You're more than welcome people b/c

giphy.gif

In truth, I think you all are totally right.  He's just fine, but can't really get his situation working with her.  Aladin seems, at least for now, so different than Mo and Azan.  He actually seems happy and less about scamming her.  Let's see if that holds.

Deavan is a damn mess.  I love that these two useless, in over their heads people, haven't had a conversation about basics like the sleeping situation.  I literally don't know anyone who sleeps with their child; like, sure, you get in for cuddles and reading stories in a storm, but the whole night?  Every night?.  I've heard of attachment style parenting, but that seems like it should at least be a conversation.  Drusilla needs someone to parent her.  Jesus.  Channel her energy.    Jihoon is awful presumptuous that he was gonna be hittin' it.  She's knocked up; the time in her mind for jiggy jiggy (I'm not ever calling it anything else) was over in that jiggy jiggy motel and that (undoubtedly cheap) bottle of wine.  Frankly, I don't care for the way she speaks to him either.  It feels condescending. 

Oh, Paul!  Complete fuck up as always.  Consistency is so comforting.

Imma need Cory to man-up.  Watching him eat shit every time Evelyn opens her mouth is painful.  He's an idiot. 

I thought I had called internet dibs on aladin 🤣 jk

But damn, like I said, how much does that model cost?  He has to be more than ugly mo or weird looking azan, but I make decent money too!  And I may not be much, but I know damn well I easier on the eyes than the skipper.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Sign me up too for a trip on the Aladin train.  Choooo choooooo jiggy jiggy  😂

Pole running off in distress is delightful. Out of the whole cast he concerns me the most. I can’t believe he’s responsible for a child. 😕

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, rideashire said:

So what's the scam with Aladin and Laura? I don't get it. It's not to get him to the US because she's going there, so...what's his angle? I feel like there has to be something and I'm just missing it.

She is his beard.

• Useful 8
  • Love 6

I bet Jihoon is secretly hoping his parents don’t approve of Deavan.  At least they met in Las Vegas and not her town.  That toddler needs to be in preschool! Or parented.  

Cory should have just booked a hotel when he arrived to no Evelin. It’s a big city where he landed, then not say anything and have her wonder when her meal ticket was arriving.  

Aladin wants a sugar mama so he can hang at the gym and not work too hard.  But that Laura is a fool for bringing sex toys.  Qatar is liberal compared to Saudi but not that liberal.  Her friend looked stunned when she told him her plans.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, DanaMB said:

As a Floridian, I'm aggravated so many idiots in this franchise are from here.

Floridian here too! I agree, our state gets an exceptionally bad rap!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

My well of sympathy - shallow though it was - has run dry for Corey. WHAT an absolute moron. Evelin is, to be sure, made of shit. But Corey keeps coming back for more. 

Jihoon seems okay so far but I can barely watch those scenes thanks to that hell spawn. Devaen’s constant, feigned helplessness at spawn’s antics are severely pissing me off. 

Paul and Karine - I’m mainly watching just for more scenes of him “running”. 

I think Evelin has moved into "her grandma's" house just to get rid of Corey. Did he not know anything about Engabao before moving there??? And I have to ask, why would Evelyn want so much to return there? It's a desperately poor town, no modern conveniences at all, I think it's just part of the long con.

Pretty much the same question for Jihoon and Deavan.....did y'all not talk about sleeping arrangements before hand?? I'm not familiar with Korean culture, but it seems to me that an American might think, these are my future in laws, older Asians, let's guess on the conservative side! Maybe they'll disapprove.  She claimed to want to make a good first impression, she has done the exact opposite so far.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Evangeline said:

Drascilla sleeping in the same bed as Deaven still is not at all odd, especially for a single mom. I'm surprised at how many are surprised at that. And I respect that she isn't kicking her daughter out for a new guy. But what is odd (to put it mildly) is to have a strange man in bed with her daughter. He should have been sleeping by himself in another room. Or at a minimum, you push the bed against the wall and have Drascilla on the other side of Deaven instead of in the middle. 

Given my understanding of attitudes towards both sex and women in that part of the world, I'm not surprised that Alladin was not focused on making sure she had an orgasm or experienced/trained in the ways to do that. It's not that he can't perform - she said he enjoyed himself lol.

He sounds like a selfish lover, and those are not in short supply.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Spike said:

I thought the rando chatting him up might have picked his pocket.

Maybe he thinks once they have been married for a while it will be easier for a man to come to the United States from a Muslim country.  Sort of like like Jon thinking they may overlook his criminal record if he is already married to the American.

How’s that theory working out for Jon? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, QueBueno said:

“Koochie cream, for cutting the grass down south.”  🤣

I thought you couldn’t use hair remover cream on the lower level. Or is this something different. 

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

staying in Engabao, which is apparently a beach town, owning a business and a nice apartment? Evilyn is a big fish in a small pond, better off than 90% of her neighbors. If there's a tourist trade there, she stands to make a very nice living from her cocktail bar. And it is her home. Even someone from a poor country might love their country too.  

Yes, I get that, I really do. I've stayed myself in a hurricane ravaged town, I truly get that. 

But I have to ask, where is this "nice apartment" ? Why are they staying in Evilyns grandma's house? I

ETA: just realized, kind of ridiculous I guess for Deavan to worry about sleeping arrangements when she's 8 months pregnant with Jihoon's(?) child. 

Also. If she's pregnant with some other Asian guys baby, and he isn't Korean, they will know.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am not one to be "tested" on my survival skills by a suposed loved one unless we were in a plane crash in the Andes...test me and I will eat you! 

Evelin is putting it on thick for her mark Corey, no comforts, no sympathy for the travel weary, she strikes me as someone who would pull the wings off of a fly. 

Corey's life with Evelin will be a stressful one, Corey will turn himself inside out trying to please his wife and it will never happen.  

That Wiccan girl with the wild child, she looks like she sucks the air out of every room she enters.  Does she ever smile?  Jihoon and his parents are in a fun town but that Wiccan will make sure that it will be less than fun.  They won't see Donny and Marie, J. Lo or even Blue Man Group but they will see a toddler tear apart a rental house, have melt downs in restaurants and they will see their son second guessing his choices.

Spot on with the bolding, @Baltimore Betty!!  I do think she smiles when talking about how she has tattoos, never finished college, etc.  

Major kudos to the poster upthread who said, in so many words:  "Look, co-sleeping is fine but not with a strange man (to your daughter) on the first night.  Jihoon, you get one room, Mom and Dad get this one, Feral Child and I get this one.   When she is out cold I will pop in for a some shnick shnack, then leave."   I am no Conservative Connie, far from it, but I do have a thing about sharing a room, unmarried, in front of your parents or kids*.  Now I get it, she is pregnant, what is the big deal, but they are Korean and traditional.  Show some manners.  Jihoon seems cool but WHAT THE HELL?  Who knows if he becomes Feely McFeely with Feral Child?  

*=When my hubby and I took my younger son to college, we were not married yet.  We were getting married in about six weeks.  Younger son and I shared a room (two beds, obviously) and fiance was in his own room, on another floor!!!  LOL!

I am not picking on Feral Child, she is.....feral.  Her MOTHER deserves feedback on how she has placed no borders, boundaries, rules or regulations with that child.  "Feral Child, come here so I can brush your hair."  Feral Child somersaults onto the couch and her hair looked worse!

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

But I have to ask, where is this "nice apartment" ? Why are they staying in Evilyns grandma's house? I

I thought she said they are doing roof repairs on her place so this is temporary.

• Love 4

I've been watching most of this show but must have missed the courtship of Evelin and Corey since this is the first time I've seen them together.  I'm assuming she visited him in the US?  Was she nicer to him then?  'Cause other than her looks, I can't for the life of me see what is so attractive to him about her.  She comes across as heartless and mean.  When she refused to meet him at the airport I was hoping he'd get right back on a plane to return home.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, A-Lo said:

I'm assuming she visited him in the US?  Was she nicer to him then?  

Yes, she visited him here.  No, she was not nicer.

Which is why most of us are assuming he's learning disabled or something . . . why else would he put up with her?

• Love 10