Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Sparks Will Fly

• Start Topic

(edited)

Real talk though remind me never to piss off anyone in the DR because damn do they hold a grudge!

Obed has been holding a grudge over his ex bf for four years!  

Nicole is holding enough of a grudge to film her drunk brother dancing with some Dominican skank and show it to his wife! Damnnnnnnn!!!! That was cold blooded.  She must hate Chantal with the heat of a thousand Suns to make her brother collateral damage like that.

But I cannot believe Chantal is still sticking to the "river did nothing and my family was just asking questions and innocently calling you a liar" Girl, read a room!

I think Chantal is getting a taste of what Pedro gets when she shit talks him to her family and they "just ask questions," it's not much fun when you're not a native speaker and everyone is coming at you, is it chantal?

And FWIW, I thought his male friends were pretty decent in that they encouraged him to go with his wife and told Nicole to stay out of his marriage.

Also, I don't know how Chantal stays skinny if that sad workout is all she is doing.  And in full makeup too!

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Interesting take. My vibe about Andrei's father was that he probably grew up very poor. Dirt poor. And did everything he could for Andrei so he'd have a better life. And Andrei grew up entitled and expecting to be the man of the house and the boss, etc.. He may not have had a lot growing up but he had a hell of a lot more than his father. He may have grown up angry because he felt deprived but he (Andrei) has no clue what deprivation is. I bet his father does. I only say that because I grew up with very little but nothing even close to the nothing my parents had in the old country. My father told us that when he was a small boy and starving, there was a farmer with an apple tree and he and his friends would take a fallen apple to eat. More often than not, the farmer caught them and beat them for stealing an apple. My father said the beating was worth it to have something to eat. I thought about that growing up every time I wanted expensive sneakers and got generic ones instead. Andrei came to the U.S. with an attitude towards Libby's family  that, "She's mine now and she listens to what I say and does what I say, so you people need to go away." I wouldn't have fireworks or a party for a dick like that either.

I love Juan because I HATE Russ. I know that's wrong. Kind of. Well, maybe. Yeah, well....  

I want to think that Andrei's father was a moldovian mafia enforcer, the sweet grandfatherly type you'd never suspect.....

I want a bitchy gay friend like Juan, because I love the idea of kiki'ing and drinking tea and shading,  but he is a massive asshole to Russ and no way would i allow him my hypothetical bitchy gay bestie to treat my husband that way and be my child's godfather.  And pao's argument that it will be a"connection to Colombia?"  Isn't she Colombian?  Isn't baby axel half Colombian?  How much more of a connection do you want?

3 hours ago, Dobian said:

The look on Azan's face when Nicole said she was coming back to Morocco was priceless.  The look when she was still talking marriage even more so.

I was like "yeah Nicole he is ready to get married.....just not to you"

• Love 9
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Hey Debbie guess what? What happened between her, the lawyer and her arraignment (which you didn't bother to attend) is none of your business.  Keep drinking Debbie and keep eating Colt.

that baby belongs to Pao and Pao alone in her opinion. Russ doesn't exist in her mind, he was a means to an end and apparently momma and Pao agree. Pao could barely stifle her laughter when Juan  called him a fat pig and momma Pao should encourage her to respect her husband.

And yet again, more footage of colt knocking AS HE IS WALKING INTO the room.  And then demanding she engage with him when she doesn't want to.

He must have momentarily forgot he was being filmed because all of a sudden out came "this is my bedroom and my house" with the unsaid "so I can be anywhere I want!". And it's the same argument that controlling men are having around the world.  You can never have any privacy in this house because I pay the bills!

She wants to avoid a fight so she won't engage.....but she isn't allowed to not engage because Colt demands she talk to him and won't leave because he pays the bills....and really, Larissa is just a human sex doll without any right to privacy.

Colt can also miss me with his "I paid for her lawyer". The money TLC pays represents screen time for the BOTH of you.  You think Larissa sees even a dime of that money? 

Her lawyer is probably doing this at a reduced rate or for free to be on TV.  He is, BY FAR, the one attorney on this franchise that looks the part.  He is getting his name all the way out there.  And he is doing a fairly good job if he got Larissa's case dismissed or got the DA to drop it.

And if he isn't I'd bet TLC money that should partly be Larissa's is used to pay for the attorney.  But Colt and Debbie likely don't think she is worthy of being paid for her appearance on the show so they hoard her money.  

• Love 10
(edited)

I was almost on Chantel's side until I saw the ads for this:  

https://realityblurb.com/2019/04/09/tlc-announces-90-day-fiance-spinoff-the-family-chantel-show-to-feature-chantel-everetts-family/

The whole family is in on this money-making train. Choo-choo; ka-ching ka-ching.

She makes no sense.  And just wrapping up a yoga mat and putting it away without cleaning it?  Eww.  That's the reason I don't do yoga.  (Well, at least that's what I tell myself.)

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Kid said:

I am with you. She was his ticket to America. But since he thinks with his dick, he didn’t play it smart until he had his green card.

His dick is what got him to America. Smart never was a part of the plan from either party. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

And yet again, more footage of colt knocking AS HE IS WALKING INTO the room.  And then demanding she engage with him when she doesn't want to.

He must have momentarily forgot he was being filmed because all of a sudden out came "this is my bedroom and my house" with the unsaid "so I can be anywhere I want!". And it's the same argument that controlling men are having around the world.  You can never have any privacy in this house because I pay the bills!

She wants to avoid a fight so she won't engage.....but she isn't allowed to not engage because Colt demands she talk to him and won't leave because he pays the bills....and really, Larissa is just a human sex doll without any right to privacy.

Colt can also miss me with his "I paid for her lawyer". The money TLC pays represents screen time for the BOTH of you.  You think Larissa sees even a dime of that money? 

Her lawyer is probably doing this at a reduced rate or for free to be on TV.  He is, BY FAR, the one attorney on this franchise that looks the part.  He is getting his name all the way out there.  And he is doing a fairly good job if he got Larissa's case dismissed or got the DA to drop it.

And if he isn't I'd bet TLC money that should partly be Larissa's is used to pay for the attorney.  But Colt and Debbie likely don't think she is worthy of being paid for her appearance on the show so they hoard her money.  

I agree with every word.  What he thought he was buying was a sex slave.  Both Colt and his mother are despicable, unlikable people.  And he is just ICK!!!  Soft and doughy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

Not sure that is always true, San Bernardino sheriff's got caught beating the crap out of some guy who stole a horse.  They continued to beat him in spite of a loud news helicopter overhead.  So there are officers, sadly, who either don't really know or don't particularly care.  And it appears as though some officers turn off or have non operational body cams....like in South bend.  I remember when I externed for a federal judge, and we had a case of alleged police brutality...conveniently, the beating, justified or not, took place....just out of view of the dashcam.  Which was mysterious since nearly all other action was caught on dashcam.

Not all cops are good and not all cops are bad.  A blanket rule for cops or trying to hand a certain logic to any group of people can kinda go south sometimes.

You bring up a rare exceptions to make your point.

I also find it odd that you say the beating "conveniently" took place just outside the view of the dashcam.  If the force was justified it was decidedly inconvenient for the officers.  In the vast majority of cases, body cameras exonerate officers.

The officer who handled the Trashley and Jay incident was extremely calm, fair and professional.   If he wanted to, he probably could have come up with some legal way to give Jay a hard time, or sought to subtly antagonize him to try to provoke a reaction, but he did none of that.  I see no reason to think he wasn't one of the 99% of officers who protect and serve with honor.    

• Love 16
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

I don't like Coltee and I think he manipulates Larissa (who I also don't like) in passive aggressive ways.

But, the fact is, it IS his bedroom (and hers) and he shouldn't have to ask permission to enter it.   Also, I believe Larissa mentioned that Coltee was paying for her lawyer.  

Of course, the whole situation is a mess when you have spouses who are adversaries.   It is, to say the least, an awkward situation, when they share a home and bedroom and the "victim" is paying for the defendant's lawyer, etc. 

If there was some sort of affection between the two of them, maybe it would make sense to try to fix the relationship.  But, there doesn't seem to be any.  I hate divorce, but these two need a clean break before someone ends up in prison or worse.    

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't like Coltee and I think he manipulates Larissa (who I also don't like) in passive aggressive ways.

But, the fact is, it IS his bedroom (and hers) and he shouldn't have to ask permission to enter it.   Also, I believe Larissa mentioned that Coltee was paying for her lawyer.   

From the looks of the portion of the door near the knob, someone didn't "ask permission" before entering recently.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Anyone else notice that Debbie was adding water to a bouquet of flowers that look like ones you might get when arriving at an airport?  So,  Coltee got flowers for her, but not for Larissa when she arrived from Brazil.  And, I think that tells us everything we need to know...

I'm so tired of all of these people!  I'm thinking that maybe Andrei had to leave Moldova due to some violent incident and that's why he was in Ireland after trying to come to the U.S. and overstaying his visa.  His dad has referenced who Andrei is more than once, and in this episode even stated that Andrei is a hot head.  I just don't understand why Andrei is so angry all of the time.  He doesn't work, he has a nice apartment, his dad is here...why is he so very, very angry?  Libby needs to stop playing both sides though.  She loves the drama (just like Pao and Ashley...) but surely she needs some peace in her life.  And Pao just continues to be horrible to Russ.  But, she has probably been encouraged in her actions and attitudes as this episode showed that her mother is the same.  

I used to like Andrrrrei, despite him being a little rough around the edges.  But, now he has shown himself not only to be a hothead and too aggressive (as Father Andrrrrei put it) but a whiny, little crybaby prima donna.   He should have been thrilled with how Libby's family went out of their way to make Father Andrrrei feel welcome.  But, he whined that they never treated him that way.  

• Love 11
(edited)
18 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Hey now!

Oops! sorry!

Which made me wonder--is this really the first time he's seeing her purple hair, after it's had time to grow out a couple of inches?

I think it was. She said they hadn't been video chatting for about a month because Azan was so busy dealing with his super-secret "family emergency."

Edited by Elizzikra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, lids said:

Isn’t the target audience women?

Dean & Tariq are practically drooling everytime Chantal is onscreen.

21 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Azan  looked like he had no idea what Nicole was talking about when she mentioned his fake "family emergency".

I caught that, too.  You could almost see the brain gears whirling around trying to remember what story he told her.  No doubt he has a bunch of Nicoles in the string, maybe he's wanting out if the limelight.  This could be blowing his scam with the others.

• Love 17
(edited)

I'm always entertained by Chantel's dramatic poses when she is trying to pretend to be upset. She always holds her head, like she can't bear the pain. And when she lays on the bed in the hotel, she always turns in a specific way so she doesn't ruin her hair or makeup. She also had on perfect makeup while wearing that white robe in the previous episode. Pedro actually looks upset, but Chantel is a horrible actress. She better stay in nursing school.

Speaking of ruining things, TLC's advertisement for The Family Chantel during the episode commercial break completely spoils the ending of this whole dramatic farce they are feeding us. 

Andrei's just an asshole. Really, there isn't much else to say. Libby's family is a pain, but Andrei is just horrible. And his dad seems like such a nice person. Andrei just wants to control everyone and show what a "man" he is, when really he's an unemployed moocher whose father-in-law is paying all his bills. 

Edited by Kellyee
  • LOL 5
  • Love 18
23 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I used to like Andrrrrei, despite him being a little rough around the edges.  But, now he has shown himself not only to be a hothead and too aggressive (as Father Andrrrrei put it) but a whiny, little crybaby prima donna.   He should have been thrilled with how Libby's family went out of their way to make Father Andrrrei feel welcome.  But, he whined that they never treated him that way.  

I just kept thinking "you know Andrei, a simple thank you would do',

I'd be so on edge if I thought my dad would be treated poorly and so grateful when he was instead treated with kindness and respect.

I wonder if Andrei is just worried that his dad won't take "his side" because Libby's family treated him well.  I don't think Andrei cares for his father's advice and in Andrei's world you're either on his side or you're the enemy.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Kellyee said:

Andrei's just an asshole. Really, there isn't much else to say. Libby's family is a pain, but Andrei is just horrible. And his dad seems like such a nice person. Andrei just wants to control everyone and show what a "man" he is, when really he's an unemployed moocher whose father-in-law is paying all his bills. 

I almost lost my mind when he was like "pfffft woman logic".....

Like the same logic that lets you believe that you're unemployed and making no money, is magically able to afford to live in an apartment and splurge on $600 plane tickets and not have that funded by Libby's dad?  Is that the awesome man logic, cause that shit makes no sense friend. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I'd be so on edge if I thought my dad would be treated poorly and so grateful when he was instead treated with kindness and respect.

Libby's family has not done a single thing that would suggest that they would be nasty to Andrei's father. Not a single thing. They were either going to be nice and pleasant (which they were), or they were going to use the time to whine to the father about Andrei. But they've done nothing to suggest they would be nasty to him. They haven't even been nasty to Andrei. Pushy and obnoxious, but never cruel or really unfair. And the only things they really seemed worried about with Andrei have all turned out to be true: He is sexist and controlling and can't financially support Libby or the baby that is coming. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Libby's family has not done a single thing that would suggest that they would be nasty to Andrei's father. Not a single thing. They were either going to be nice and pleasant (which they were), or they were going to use the time to whine to the father about Andrei. But they've done nothing to suggest they would be nasty to him. They haven't even been nasty to Andrei. Pushy and obnoxious, but never cruel or really unfair. And the only things they really seemed worried about with Andrei have all turned out to be true: He is sexist and controlling and can't financially support Libby or the baby that is coming. 

I didn't see all the earlier episodes.  Who signed to support Andrei when he applied for visa?

(edited)
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I didn't see all the earlier episodes.  Who signed to support Andrei when he applied for visa?

Probably just Libby.  She has/had a job working for her father.  

ETA:  And she's had a couple of small movie roles.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

I almost lost my mind when he was like "pfffft woman logic".....

Like the same logic that lets you believe that you're unemployed and making no money, is magically able to afford to live in an apartment and splurge on $600 plane tickets and not have that funded by Libby's dad?  Is that the awesome man logic, cause that shit makes no sense friend. 

I had forgotten about that line.  I think I am going to start  ending the discussion with "pfft woman logic", any time I have a disagreement with any of the female members here. :)

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

You bring up a rare exceptions to make your point.

I also find it odd that you say the beating "conveniently" took place just outside the view of the dashcam.  If the force was justified it was decidedly inconvenient for the officers.  In the vast majority of cases, body cameras exonerate officers.

The officer who handled the Trashley and Jay incident was extremely calm, fair and professional.   If he wanted to, he probably could have come up with some legal way to give Jay a hard time, or sought to subtly antagonize him to try to provoke a reaction, but he did none of that.  I see no reason to think he wasn't one of the 99% of officers who protect and serve with honor.    

These are the instances that we know about.  And honestly, my list was in no way exhaustive or complete.  And even if these were "rare exceptions", I think it's a dangerous precedent to be dismissive of them.  Every situation where this happens erodes public confidence and trust and is really a terrible violation of someone's rights.

In the case I was involved in, it was hard to know for sure, which was the states argument, so yes it was very convenient for the officers that the beating took place off camera.  Nothing much to show a jury, and the word of two people who have the public trust against the testimony of a criminal.

For sure the advent of body cams promotes more responsible policing, but there are so many ways around it and some of the very few bad apples either don't care because they know they will be cleared internally or they will just turn the body cam off if they know a situation could get dicey.  

when jay was approached by the officers and when Ashley called the officers neither of them knew who they were going to get.  I'm not at all faulting the officers.  I agree that they were absolute professionals.

I'm faulting Ashley, who, herself has pretty much said her town is rife with racism.  If that's what she thought, rightly or wrongly, she knew, in her own mind that calling the cops on Jay for no reason could have had a poor outcome.  And I'm not faulting jay for being scared out of his mind.  I also believe that no officer told Ashley that her call to 911 was a great decision.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Azan was so busy dealing with his super-secret "family emergency."

I think that I know what the family emergency is...

they are entering a witness protection program so that when Nicole gets her airfare to Morocco, they will relocate to new home and name changes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Didn't they say in the previous episode that "Axel" was the perfect baby name because nobody could mispronounce it?   Well, so much for that theory.  Paola was pronouncing it Oxle

Kids will pronounce it Asshole.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

I want to think that Andrei's father was a moldovian mafia enforcer, the sweet grandfatherly type you'd never suspect.....

I want a bitchy gay friend like Juan, because I love the idea of kiki'ing and drinking tea and shading,  but he is a massive asshole to Russ and no way would i allow him my hypothetical bitchy gay bestie to treat my husband that way and be my child's godfather.  And pao's argument that it will be a"connection to Colombia?"  Isn't she Colombian?  Isn't baby axel half Colombian?  How much more of a connection do you want?

I was like "yeah Nicole he is ready to get married.....just not to you"

I can't stand juan. Russ may not be perfect but hes trying to do everything to make her happy. He let her try to be a sexy model. She came here with crazy ideas.  She's a little too old for the sexy model business, and now that she's the mother she won't do it.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

when jay was approached by the officers and when Ashley called the officers neither of them knew who they were going to get.  I'm not at all faulting the officers.  I agree that they were absolute professionals.

I'm faulting Ashley, who, herself has pretty much said her town is rife with racism.  If that's what she thought, rightly or wrongly, she knew, in her own mind that calling the cops on Jay for no reason could have had a poor outcome.  And I'm not faulting jay for being scared out of his mind.  I also believe that no officer told Ashley that her call to 911 was a great decision.

I just wonder something, probably brought on by the tragedy in Teen Mom land. Just say, some rogue officers showed up with no warning that they're going to be filmed. Things go south fast and they begin unjustly beating Jay. Would TLC just keep filming? What would Trashley do?

Thank goodness these officers were professional and Jay kept his cool, despite being obviously very upset. Ashley was drunk, angry, and she could have caused a very serious incident here. I almost wish her friend had not stopped her further assaulting Jay, because her drunk ass should have gone to jail.

• Love 5

Is her friend Destiny who was there when she kicked out Jay the same heavily tatted/bikerish one we have seen in prior episodes?  If so, she seemed to have a makeover and looks pretty vanilla now.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Just say, some rogue officers showed up with no warning that they're going to be filmed. Things go south fast and they begin unjustly beating Jay. Would TLC just keep filming?

Or a more likely scenario: Chantel walks into a bar in the DR surrounded by a bunch of lifelong friends and starts throwing insults at Pedro's sister and they all beat her ass down.  TLC would keep filming and a few production people would jump in, as they did during the HouseChantel debacle.   

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is her friend Destiny who was there when she kicked out Jay the same heavily tatted/bikerish one we have seen in prior episodes?  If so, she seemed to have a makeover and looks pretty vanilla now.

It's not the biker chick who looks REALLY rough.  I understand the confusion though since all Ashley's friends are essentially the same basic bitch with different color hair and different forever 21 skankwear.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

It's not the biker chick who looks REALLY rough.  I understand the confusion though since all Ashley's friends are essentially the same basic bitch with different color hair and different forever 21 skankwear.

Does Trashley shop at Forever 21?  If so, maybe that is why she thought she would be a good match for a 20 year old.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And stripper names.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 7/1/2019 at 12:37 PM, Lemur said:

Oh, yeah, and this ...

WORST PERSON OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK

Nominations are:

-Pedro who is apparently so mentally stunted as to think it's a good idea to bring your wife around your buddies to "fix your marriage" while sitting next to the chick you were grinding on and with your vindictive hammerhead shark of a sister who has the video evidence.

-Nicole (Pedro's sister) for taking vindictive bitchery to a new level on the show.  Apparently her sheer and utter hatred for Chantel surpasses even her Lannister-esque love for her brother.  Creepy AF, nasty AF, the type of chick who would willingly replace the vodka in your minibar with ethanol. 

-Pao for not only acting like she's the only woman who has ever produced a crotch fruit, but for also allowing her "best friend" to be a total fuck to her long-suffering husband.

-Juan for being a smarmy ass douche.  I hope he isn't getting paid for this.

-Russ for being a spineless, nutless doormat.

-Ashley for being stupid enough to think that she can just have Alexa call ICE to arrange pick up for her cheating teenage sex slav ... errr ... husband. 

-Debbie & Coltea; I don't blame Larissa for *not* trusting Colt and Debbie.  I think she's realized that she's a trapped animal that's been run to ground.  And while it's never okay to hit someone, Colt has been gaming the system and uses it like a cudgel.  It's almost cruel to watch at this point. 

-Andrei for trying to demand that Libby *not* have her mother in the delivery room with her.  Seriously, she's about to push a watermelon out of a hole the size of a lemon.  How about you STFU, hold her hand, feed her ice chips and don't breathe too loud, you troglodyte.  

Almost Making the Ballot:

-Libby for actually giving a flying %^&* about Andrei's comfort in the delivery room.  Honey, worry about your own self.  Seriously, lay the law down and tell him that if he's not good with that, there's a hallway for him to go sit in because you're about to have an infant, you don't need a grown-ass toddler underfoot.

-Pao's Mother who is honestly about as useful as mammaries on a bull. 

-Jay for insinuating Ashley somehow made his dick fall into another chick. 

Great post!! Especially, the “crotch fruit” part!!   😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Love 3

I'm very thankful, after Libby and Andrei drama, that my husband does not share details with his family. And I don't share details with my family. We have plenty of ugly moments, but around our family, we always want to portray a loving front because we are not trying to stress out our families, and we aren't drama people. I love my mom and dad and I want them to feel secure that I'm okay. That's extremely important to me. That my husband and I fought over whether or not to spend money  on a grill is not something I'm going to concern them with, even though my dad would buy me a grill if I asked. I like to think I have sense and some ethical principals. 

If you recount everything that upsets  you to the family (or friends) they will hate the other. So I do see Andrei's point. Libby needs to just keep her marriage to herself and not share every detail unless she wants to be passive aggressive. My husband and I, over the 10 years we have been together, have shared some harsh words. I think people need to take control  over their narrative and be considerate. No one wants to hear about your fucked up relationship (except for Libby's sisters who apparently can't get enough)! In any case, I sort of side with Andrei on this, even though he is a true brute. Libby married him, so she needs to step up and grow up- her family isn't going to make him change. She'll realize soon enough. 

• Love 9
On 7/1/2019 at 4:28 AM, Mu Shu said:

Chantal is gorgeous with an insane body. I sort of like her. Pretty people can get by with a lot.

Yeah and she'll ride that wave until her looks go in a few years. She doesn't have any redeeming personality qualities to save her when she's 30.

my 12 year old self would like to point out that she walks like a camel and needs oil blotting papers.  And her mouth opens about 2 seconds before a sound comes out.  Brain battery needs to rev up I guess.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
On 6/25/2019 at 10:30 AM, AZChristian said:

Hope Jay spends his idle days watching Judge Judy, and goes online to file suit against Ashley for the show.  

JJ:  "That's an illegal eviction.  It doesn't matter if you want a divorce.  He LIVES there in your house, legally.  You married him.  Doesn't matter if he's not on the lease.  You married him and moved him in.  If you get a divorce, you can make him move out - otherwise, he is entitled to stay there.  Judgment for the plaintiff, $5,000."

You forgot to start out with " Listen to me very carefully Madam" 😆

Seriously I fucking hate Ashley. She wants so much drama and when Jay doesn't deliver she gets fighting mad. She jumps up in his face trying to provoke him and when he gets up to leave she assaults him while screaming "get out!" Well bitch if you would let him... Then of course she comes BACK outside with the get off my property bullshit. Jay complies and she STILL CALLS THE COPS!! I want to waterboard this insufferable trash box. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

For sure the advent of body cams promotes more responsible policing, but there are so many ways around it and some of the very few bad apples either don't care because they know they will be cleared internally or they will just turn the body cam off if they know a situation could get dicey.  

Make no mistake--the advent of body cams has also saved many officers from the false accusations that are hurled against them on a daily basis.  And for the record, officers are not allowed to "just turn the body cam off if they know a situation could get dicey."  Those cameras are subjected to constant abuse as well as heat and cold and frequently break.  Unfortunately, the officer will not even be aware if the camera is working or not until the day's videos are audited.  An officer who would knowingly turn off the bodycam would be subjected to a harsh admonition and possibly an internal investigation that could easily cost him/her future employment.  I know of no officer who wants to put his/her career on the line just to beat up a petty criminal.  This isn't the 1960's.  

• Love 5
(edited)
51 minutes ago, JDAlexander said:

Make no mistake--the advent of body cams has also saved many officers from the false accusations that are hurled against them on a daily basis.  And for the record, officers are not allowed to "just turn the body cam off if they know a situation could get dicey."  Those cameras are subjected to constant abuse as well as heat and cold and frequently break.  Unfortunately, the officer will not even be aware if the camera is working or not until the day's videos are audited.  An officer who would knowingly turn off the bodycam would be subjected to a harsh admonition and possibly an internal investigation that could easily cost him/her future employment.  I know of no officer who wants to put his/her career on the line just to beat up a petty criminal.  This isn't the 1960's.  

I doubt that's the calculus that goes through anyones mind when they decide to do something they shouldn't be doing.  I'm sure that those few bad apples don't want to risk their career, and many times that is not a choice they are faced with.  

And it's weird to me to somehow deny that this occurs because it's not 1960.  What's the point of that?  That it doesn't happen because there are laws against it and it's 2019? It clearly still happens so the passage of time hasn't been some magical salve that has stopped this behavior.

Not being "allowed" to turn off a body cam doesn't mean that an officer can't find a way for the body cam to be off.  I'm sure the official policy is that you can't turn the body cam off, but do I believe that no officer finds a way to turn the body cam off?  No, not really, especially since so many police unions fought tooth and nail against having the use of the body cam.  So, there were quite a few people who were in the positions of being LEOs who never saw body cams as a way to protect them from unfounded accusations.....some officers saw it as something else entirely.

a quick Google inquiry shows that a number of departments give an officer discretion on when to activate the camera, and other departments do not subject an officer to discipline for not having the body cam on unless there is a pattern of not having it on.  No word on how many instances constitute a pattern.

Im glad that you don't know bad officers.  Sadly, they are out there, and every time they behave poorly.  Every. Single. Time. it erodes public trust and it's a violation of someone's rights.  So often the rights violated are those of a criminal so it's easy to let it pass, but we all have civil rights even the lowest among us.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

some officers saw it as something else entirely.

Yes.  They saw it as an intrusion on their private conversations to family members during their breaks and when they speak to each other.  It's not something they easily remember to do--turn it off when they are having private conversations and then turn it back on again.  Not every LEO has ulterior motives, in spite of what the general public has been told.  The number of "bad cops" is exponentially outweighed by the number of criminals out there who see police as targets.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Not sure exactly how many police engagements per year there are in the USA, but I found one study with about 15 million traffic stops/year.  Add on the domestic violence calls, robberies, and calls that lead to nowhere, etc and we have a huge number of engagements,  As to killings by police, in 2017 1147 civilians were killed at the hands of police, and in my opinion that is a very small number given their number of engagements.  Less than 1% of 1%.  Calling cops, while it can certainly makes mess legal entanglements, is unlikely to lead to death.  

Eta: further found a statistic for 2017 that only 19 of those 1147 were unarmed black men.  As Jay had no gun, we assume, then the odds were even better he wouldn't get harmed.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, RealReality said:
11 hours ago, Spike said:

Biker Chick is “Brandi” and I believe at one point Ashley said she’s a cousin. Brandi, Destiny and Natalie were all going to be bridesmaids at Ashley and Jay’s barn wedding that was cancelled due to supposed internet threats. 

• Love 1

Even when Andrei is right (Libby's whole family does not need to be in the delivery room), the way he speaks to her makes him sound like such an ass. And its not just his accent or not knowing enough English. He's just a jerk. 

Ashley should not have called the police, because Jay was outside her house and making no effort to hurt her or come back inside. I think Ashley is addicted to players and bad boys, and so she keeps getting hurt and is pissed. But I bet she dumped Mikey the Ex. He seemed like the type of Nice Guy she would use but not stay with. She prefers 20 year old gigolos instead.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Even when Andrei is right (Libby's whole family does not need to be in the delivery room), the way he speaks to her makes him sound like such an ass. And its not just his accent or not knowing enough English. He's just a jerk. 

It's because he gives pronouncements. "It is this way because I don't like what you want to do." Often they seem to be based on his whims, rather than any reason. The pronouncements are especially illogical when he just full-on dumb*ss. E.g., "I am not going to do the trucking and that is all." or "We will move out of this free house and into an apartment even though I am doing nothing to support this family and bring in money and you are having a baby." On that last one, some of it is subtext.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

Yes.  They saw it as an intrusion on their private conversations to family members during their breaks and when they speak to each other.  It's not something they easily remember to do--turn it off when they are having private conversations and then turn it back on again.  Not every LEO has ulterior motives, in spite of what the general public has been told.  The number of "bad cops" is exponentially outweighed by the number of criminals out there who see police as targets.  

Well, I think anyone would know better than to say "I don't want to be filmed potentially doing things I'm not supposed to be doing". 

I mean, people don't always reveal their true motives if they realize it won't get them what they want.  How many times has someone on the 90DF franchise insisted they are in love with someone but their true motives was to gain citizenship?  It happens 

Officers have discretion as to when the body cam is activated and are not always punished or even really often punished when they turn the body cam off.  

Since body cams are so hard to remember to turn on and are so great at protecting officers it seems like they should be clamoring to have them on all the time.  And yet...and yet....such protestation over doing so.

No one said all LEOs have ulterior motives.  But there are bad apples, and their actions and the actions that offer them protection for their behavior erodes public trust and is a violation of civil rights.  And it's an burden to the many, many officers who do an amazing job.  

The public entrusts a police officer with the right to detain someone, to hamper with their freedom of movement, to arrest them, to carry a gun and the right to use force, including deadly force. 

And since people with far less power work in surveilled environments, it is in the public interest and as you've pointed out, the interest of good cops to have the cams running all the time if it's a challenge to remember to turn them on, it's probably better just to have them on all the time.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Not sure exactly how many police engagements per year there are in the USA, but I found one study with about 15 million traffic stops/year.  Add on the domestic violence calls, robberies, and calls that lead to nowhere, etc and we have a huge number of engagements,  As to killings by police, in 2017 1147 civilians were killed at the hands of police, and in my opinion that is a very small number given their number of engagements.  Less than 1% of 1%.  Calling cops, while it can certainly makes mess legal entanglements, is unlikely to lead to death.  

Eta: further found a statistic for 2017 that only 19 of those 1147 were unarmed black men.  As Jay had no gun, we assume, then the odds were even better he wouldn't get harmed.

But no one knows who that 1% is going to be.  And there are things beyond getting shot that can be pretty awful and can shake public trust and confidence.  Though I agree it's hard to find precise numbers on engagements because "stop and frisks" do not have to be accounted for.  And those are their own can of worms.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 1
(edited)

The villains here, in my opinion, are not the police officers.  The issue here is not, in my opinion, race.  The villains here, in my opinion, are Jay and Ashley.  He wanted a ticket to America and she wanted a live sex toy.   Unfortunately for her, her ever ready bunny never turns off, even when she’s not around.  Unfortunately for him, she is vindictive.

In some ways, they deserve each other.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 10

Yeah Ashley can blame herself for this mess.  She's 32 years old with kids and should be looking for an age-appropriate husband who wants a family.  She's blonde and pretty and would have no problem finding guys, but instead she wants a Jamaican sex boy.  Guys like that you have a weekend fling with, you don't marry them.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

Biker Chick is “Brandi” and I believe at one point Ashley said she’s a cousin. Brandi, Destiny and Natalie were all going to be bridesmaids at Ashley and Jay’s barn wedding that was cancelled due to supposed internet threats. 

But Ashley and Jay managed to have like 6 weddings anyway.