Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Sparks Will Fly

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Nicole. Gurl. HE DOES NOT LOVE YOU. He doesn't even like you. This phone call is so painful to watch.

ETA: WTF is a "paper wedding"?

I think she means a courthouse type wedding, with just the marriage license as proof on paper that you are married.  She will then, however, demand a "real wedding" and I find that insulting to those who have, by choice, a courthouse wedding.  That is your wedding!!! But the point is moot as Azan is never marrying her.  My hubby was watching this episode with me and his take:  "Does she not have ears?  She seems to not hear anyone around her!"

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Chantel, screeching: The bruises you deserved?
Nicole, pulling out her phone:  Look what you deserved, Chantel...  cut to Pedro dancing:

Yes, saying Nicole DESERVED BRUISES!!!!  Nicole was indeed saving that video because she wanted to humiliate Chantel but it is really on Chantel for being so stupid.  Nicole is barely out of her teens and Chantel is 10 years older than her.  Chantel should have had enough sense to know things were going south and NOT engage with Nicole (that and get her head out of her ass about who started that fight).  I am old and theoretically more sensible but if someone had told me I DESERVED to be attacked and get bruises I too may have been tempted to humiliate them in spectacular fashion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Ashley* is a piece of shit who tries to use the police to get her cheating husband out of the house and deported from the U.S. at the snap of her finger.  (*Ashley, not "White Women.")

Jay* is a piece of shit who cheats on his wife in a barber shop bathroom, and shows up to a home he knows he's not welcome in the night he gets caught out there. (*Jay, not "Black Men.")

THANK YOU x 1,000,000!!!!!

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Drogo said:

You're absolutely right, she has no right to kick him out of the home they share without a major burden of proof.  But on the evening of a 911 call for a domestic, someone's leaving that house.  The police asked Jay if he would be willing to go somewhere for the night, and he was; they didn't make that decision for him.  Getting him out of the house permanently if he's not willing to leave is another heavy sack entirely, and getting him out of the country for cheating on you when you've been married for a year and just haven't filed the paperwork?  LOL, Ashley you crazy bitch, Immigration is going to want to know why you never filed that adjustment of status when you obviously had the time and the money to do so and haven't- just to exert your control over him. 

That said, they're both shit.. and neither's shittiness mitigates the other's shittiness.

Ashley* is a piece of shit who tries to use the police to get her cheating husband out of the house and deported from the U.S. at the snap of her finger.  (*Ashley, not "White Women.")

Jay* is a piece of shit who cheats on his wife in a barber shop bathroom, and shows up to a home he knows he's not welcome in the night he gets caught out there. (*Jay, not "Black Men.")

Good post.   The only thing I'm not sure about is whether Trashley did anything wrong in the eyes of Immigration by not filing for Jay's adjustment of status.  I don't know if filing for a spouse after a 90 day visa is a requirement or simply a right the American spouse has.  

It was a stupid situation from the start.  There is NO WAY a 20 year old from Jamaica was ever going to be "in love" with Trashley, and there is no way she "loved" him.  She acted out of some combination of lust, loneliness and desperation, not "love".

Jay was all too happy to play into her delusions to get a green card and perhaps a better life.  He is disgusting.  But, Trashley now wants to punish him, in an as dramatic and dragged out way as possible, for not loving her.  If he didn't make the lame excuses, like "I'm an immigrant, you don't know what that's like" and "I'm bored" I probably wouldn't despise him as much as I do.

Trashley has every right to want him out of her life, and for him to get little or nothing, and one consequence of that would be him being deported.  But, she wants to make his suffer.

The best part of your post was pointing out that their behavior reflects only upon them and not anyone else of their race or gender.   

• Like 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Good post.   The only thing I'm not sure about is whether Trashley did anything wrong in the eyes of Immigration by not filing for Jay's adjustment of status.  I don't know if filing for a spouse after a 90 day visa is a requirement or simply a right the American spouse has.  

If I understand the situation from my extensive research (5 minutes on Google), the citizen spouse MAY apply for a change of status so that the immigrant spouse qualifies sooner for a green card (citizenship).  IF the immigrant is married to someone like Coltee or Ashley, they have to "hang in there" (live) with them for three years; at that point, the immigrant spouse can apply on their own for citizenship.  I don't know if I could stand living with either of them for three minutes, much less three years.

11 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

She acted out of some combination of lust, loneliness and desperation, not "love".

Or desire to lord it over someone who she saw as wanting something that she could provide - airfare to and citizenship in the USA.  She has proven herself to be a control freak of the first order.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

I suspect that in every relationship Ashley has ever had she has had something to hold over her significant other.

She likely found some fuck up early on and was always ready and willing to use it as a means of guilting them and getting what she wanted out of them.

With Jay, she had the adjustment of status to hold over his head. She would have, no matter what, found a reason not to file it.   He would have done something wrong.  Now he DID actually fuck up so it doesn't seem as weird. 

But how long had she been holding onto it before she found out about the tinder thing?  I would have expected it to be in the mail the minute they returned from Vegas because she should want him working and contributing income.  She didn't know about the tinder thing for a while IIRC.  So she was just holding onto it because she wanted something to hold over his head.

She never wanted to give him another chance but I think she had pushed it too far and jay was starting to check out.  So she had to say that she was going to try again because she was losing her hold on him.  Would not surprise me in the least of she contacts him again.

She is the Lucy to his Charlie brown and she loves yanking that football at the last second.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

If I understand the situation from my extensive research (5 minutes on Google), the citizen spouse MAY apply for a change of status so that the immigrant spouse qualifies sooner for a green card (citizenship).  IF the immigrant is married to someone like Coltee or Ashley, they have to "hang in there" (live) with them for three years; at that point, the immigrant spouse can apply on their own for citizenship.  I don't know if I could stand living with either of them for three minutes, much less three years.

Ha! I just googled it too. Yeah, the only way Jay could be considered illegal is if they were divorced... which is why I guess we see Ashley trying to get Jay to sign divorce papers in the preview for next week. She sucks. https://mypathtocitizenship.com/married-never-filed-adjustment-status-will-wife-denied-green-card/

In situations like this I always wonder if production has an obligation to reveal information. Ashley called the police on a false pretense. She said that there had been a domestic violence dispute (there wasn’t, unless we count her attacking him) and that her husband was here illegally. It’s all lies. The crew could have just showed them the tape. If I was there, I would have felt obligated just because things can go left really quickly when people try to exaggerate dangerous situations to the police.

It’s also symbolic of America to see how three families on this show who had (potential) police involvement reacted differently. FamilyChantel and Pedro didn’t even notify the police, because they wouldn’t see the police as helpful. Larissa thought the police would see her as a victim, but they ultimately turned and sided with Colt. And Ash didn’t even bat an eye before calling the police. She assaulted Jay, lied about a situation that’s ON CAMERA and had a friend tell Jay that he got off easy. That’s pretty much America in a nutshell.

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, lids said:

Ha! I just googled it too. Yeah, the only way Jay could be considered illegal is if they were divorced... which is why I guess we see Ashley trying to get Jay to sign divorce papers in the preview for next week. She sucks. https://mypathtocitizenship.com/married-never-filed-adjustment-status-will-wife-denied-green-card/

In situations like this I always wonder if production has an obligation to reveal information. Ashley called the police on a false pretense. She said that there had been a domestic violence dispute (there wasn’t, unless we count her attacking him) and that her husband was here illegally. It’s all lies. The crew could have just showed them the tape. If I was there, I would have felt obligated just because things can go left really quickly when people try to exaggerate dangerous situations to the police.

It’s also symbolic of America to see how three families on this show who had (potential) police involvement reacted differently. FamilyChantel and Pedro didn’t even notify the police, because they wouldn’t see the police as helpful. Larissa thought the police would see her as a victim, but they ultimately turned and sided with Colt. And Ash didn’t even bat an eye before calling the police. She assaulted Jay, lied about a situation that’s ON CAMERA and had a friend tell Jay that he got off easy. That’s pretty much America in a nutshell.

I read some of the questions and answers at that link, and I don't see how the only way Jay could be out of status would be them being divorced.   

The exception seemed to only be for women (not sure if it would apply to men as well) who could prove spousal abuse. 

(edited)

Chantal:  Run.  You're an asshole, but you can do a lot better than Pedro.  The fact he was sitting across from her with that friend of Nicole's almost sitting on his lap while she sat across from the table just shows where his head is at.  Then when his sister shows video to humiliate her, he just sits there while she leaves and has to be told by this friend to go after his wife.  He's just not that into you no matter what he said later in the episode.

Nicole:   Most likely people weren't looking at you because of your blonde hair, but because you are the typical obese, ugly American.  Purple hair only makes you look like a stupid, obese, ugly American.

Lizzie:   I just can't with her telling Andrei to shut up.

Pao:  Without makeup on, she really now resembles Octomom especially with those ridiculously inflated lips. And her mom can handle the baby all she wants, but not Roos's mom?

Ashley:  I know you're digging your victimhood status, but no one feels sorry for you.  You were forewarned, you sanctioned him cheating on you as long as it was in DR.  You married a kid who bragged about his sexual escapades at 8 years old.  Yes, he should not have fucked someone else, but the time to end the marriage was when you found the Tinder account.  Instead, you did a long torturous suffer that had the effect of making the viewing audience actually feel sorry fro him.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 13
42 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I suspect that in every relationship Ashley has ever had she has had something to hold over her significant other.

She likely found some fuck up early on and was always ready and willing to use it as a means of guilting them and getting what she wanted out of them.

With Jay, she had the adjustment of status to hold over his head. She would have, no matter what, found a reason not to file it.   He would have done something wrong.  Now he DID actually fuck up so it doesn't seem as weird. 

But how long had she been holding onto it before she found out about the tinder thing?  I would have expected it to be in the mail the minute they returned from Vegas because she should want him working and contributing income.  She didn't know about the tinder thing for a while IIRC.  So she was just holding onto it because she wanted something to hold over his head.

She never wanted to give him another chance but I think she had pushed it too far and jay was starting to check out.  So she had to say that she was going to try again because she was losing her hold on him.  Would not surprise me in the least of she contacts him again.

She is the Lucy to his Charlie brown and she loves yanking that football at the last second.

I think Trashley is an emotional mess.  She desperately wanted to believe she found "love" with Jay.  Now she wants to both punish him and continue to engage with him (probably with a secret hope that he will "come to his senses" and realize how wonderful she is).  

She can't allow herself to "lose" in the relationship.  She either needs to get him back or have him hurt worse than she does (in her mind anyway) and be deported or arrested.   

The old saying the the the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference, comes to mind.  If she were really done with him, she would avoid contact and try to get the divorce finalized and quickly and quietly as possible.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The exception seemed to only be for women (not sure if it would apply to men as well) who could prove spousal abuse. 

I think it only reads like that because it's written as an answer to a woman whose husband hasn't filed.  If a man was being abused in any way, he'd have the same protections.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I think it only reads like that because it's written as an answer to a woman whose husband hasn't filed.  If a man was being abused in any way, he'd have the same protections.

That is probably the case, though the answer references the VAWA (Violence Against WOMEN Act).  That is why I am not sure if it would apply to men.  

At any rate, Jay would have to prove abuse, and I'm not sure her shoving him after him saying "Whose fault was that?" about him having sex in the barbershop bathroom would be enough. 

She has excellent grounds for wanting to divorce him and not sponsor him.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2019 at 9:10 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Speaking of boobs, with Ashley’s autoimmune disease, isn’t it not advised to get implants? Not that she heeds any advice that doesn’t mesh with what she wants to do. 

Not necessarily.  If she's in active remission and her immune system is under control, then it's a non-issue.  If her SED rate is high, indicating inflammation, it's a no-go.  

13 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Every single one of us legal scholars from the Judge Judy Forum were screaming at the TV  "they can't put him out, it's a civil matter"!

And Judge Marilyn, and Judge Cristina ...

13 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Me, too, (mine is 21) and no way no HOW would a friend of his marry someone 12 years older!!!  I mean, just no.

So I have some male friends who, in their 20s, had a thing for older women and would date them for fun and steak house dinners.  It's a fun diversion, but even they would never consider marriage.  Their priorities were way different.  

12 hours ago, magemaud said:

What the HELL? No Nicole and Azan for two weeks then tonight we get a scene of her buying a smoothie and two more minutes of the same phone convo that we’ve seen teased on commercials all week! Looks like they’re not on next week at all! 

Yeah, this shit is wearing *thin*.  (I leave the door open to whoever wants to jump on this one.)

4 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Look, I don't care for Chantel or Pedro at this point; the shit has just gotten old. BUT why is he sitting next to the girl he was grinding on instead of next to his own wife? What?! Why is that girl even there??? Oh but.....Production. 

The whole scene was the worst sort of set up and Pedro was either in cahoots with Production or just to effing stupid to realize that the whole thing was like throwing kerosene on a fire ... and that he looked all the dumber for it. 

3 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

ETA: WTF is a "paper wedding"?

Courthouse wedding, Justice of the Peace, non-religious wedding, call it what you will.

3 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Pedro the clown 🤡 attended college? 😳

I am shocked to hear this.  I really hope his degree isn't in communications.

2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The fact that he was so reluctant to go and talk with her in private was a major red flag.  She was trying to handle the situation in a mature way but he decided to allow her to be continually humiliated in public by his sister and her friend.  It was pathetic that it took so much convincing from his male friends for him to go back to the hotel with her.  

I give her credit for sitting at the table like an adult and not bailing the fuck out of there when she realized that she was going to be put before a jury of her husband's peers and that they were going to attempt to "fix" her marriage.  FUCK THAT.  I would have noped out of there without even sitting down.  Uh-huh.  You aren't putting me before a firing squad in a language I barely grasp with your hammerhead shark sister sitting there.  NOPE.  

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Either Jay didn't tell the police she shoved him or he did and Ashley's friend didn't corroborate it- otherwise, Ashley would have been arrested as the primary physical aggressor.  The police don't care who Jay's been fucking, but they are obligated to arrest the person who took it to a physical level.

Or, since Jay was so amenable to leaving, they took a report and will put it before the DA to see if he wants to pursue charges.  If Jay had been more forceful that he'd been wronged, it may have played out that way. 

Some police departments cooperate with ICE more than others.  But, yeah, you probably aren't going to get anyone deported, merely for being here illegally, by calling the police.

Calling ICE might be more effective.   But, as backed up as they are, they probably aren't going to rush over to put a guy like Jay on a plane back to Jamaica either.   

So, my sister is a former police commissioner (civilian position) in our local government.  What happens (if you aren't a sanctuary city/state), if the police are aware of the person being out-of-legal-status, they call ICE.  Calling ICE is no guarantee ICE is going to call you back though.  Often there's no one there to even pick up the call and it goes to VM.  By the time ICE gets back to the local LEOs, the person has usually no longer in custody.  Unless it's a Big Bad, but your local LEOs would be working with the Feds on that anyway.  ICE also has a habit of taking your info, not getting back to you at all, and having someone there to pick the person up at their arraignment. (Also, if it's a sanctuary city/state, the LEOs don't call ICE.)

14 minutes ago, lids said:

Ha! I just googled it too. Yeah, the only way Jay could be considered illegal is if they were divorced... which is why I guess we see Ashley trying to get Jay to sign divorce papers in the preview for next week. She sucks.

Ahh, yes, the PA mutual divorce, 90 days and you're done with each other.  I don't blame Jay for not agreeing to a mutual divorce, especially with not having a lawyer to look it over. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Sort of nitpicky - but was Jay unwelcome there that night? I thought one of the things that Ashley screamed at him was that he could come by and pick up his belongings (though I think she said his stuff would be out front and if she had really and truly wanted to be rid of him, she would have left it outside so he could pick it up without seeing her). And not to blame the "victim" but she did leave the door unlocked. If she really didn't want to see him, why not lock and deadbolt the door.

Ashley wanted to see him. She wanted the drama. She goes on and on and on about never wanting to see Jay again and it's all bullshit. She will spend the rest of her life fighting with him if she can.

If she's in active remission and her immune system is under control

I think she's been hospitalized at least twice since becoming "famous" for lupus related flare ups, so my guess is that she isn't in remission and her immune system is no more under control than her anger at Jay.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

What the HELL? No Nicole and Azan for two weeks then tonight we get a scene of her buying a smoothie and two more minutes of the same phone convo that we’ve seen teased on commercials all week! Looks like they’re not on next week at all! 

Probably because there is no Nicole and Azan. That one phone call may have taken producers weeks to organize. I’m sure Azan doesn’t talk to Nicole every day so what it there to film? I’ll pass on watching Nicole do her daily activities without Azan. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Sort of nitpicky - but was Jay unwelcome there that night? I thought one of the things that Ashley screamed at him was that he could come by and pick up his belongings (though I think she said his stuff would be out front and if she had really and truly wanted to be rid of him, she would have left it outside so he could pick it up without seeing her). And not to blame the "victim" but she did leave the door unlocked. If she really didn't want to see him, why not lock and deadbolt the door.

Ashley wanted to see him. She wanted the drama. She goes on and on and on about never wanting to see Jay again and it's all bullshit. She will spend the rest of her life fighting with him if she can.

I think she's been hospitalized at least twice since becoming "famous" for lupus related flare ups, so my guess is that she isn't in remission and her immune system is no more under control than her anger at Jay.

It doesn't matter if he's welcome or not - he has established that address as his residence and he has a legal right to enter it or leave it at will.  She has no right to bar him from the premises regardless of whose name is on the lease/mortgage.

Also, immune systems are tricky things.  The mere stress of dealing with Jay could have flipped her switch into an attack.  It can happen that quickly.  (I have a long, strange family history or immuno diseases including RA, Crohn's and Rhupus in the family - Rhupus being the RA/Lupus remix that put my sister into a month-long coma over the course of three days.)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

I don't think so, I think he grabbed her arm so she couldn't hit him again and said "Listen/wait."

I don't like him, but I didn't see him shove her.

I didn't either, and I was on high alert for any signs of that. That could have easily devolved into violence and I give Jay credit for keeping his cool. Ashley was drunk and heartbroken, props to the officers who handled it just right.

I know it won't happen but I wish Trashley would get a big bill for misuse of 911. Her and Jenelle Eason.

• Love 12
(edited)
On 6/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

My hubby and I both have decent jobs and we have to save for a weekend in Duluth, lol!!!

But,  you also have bills & a mortgage to pay!  From what I've gathered,  Nicole lives rent free,  & takes a job when she needs enough money to pay for a ticket to Morocco.  

Azan  looked like he had no idea what Nicole was talking about when she mentioned his fake "family emergency". It was driving me nuts,  you could tell she was looking at the video of herself in the corner & playing with her purple hair while chatting with Azan. He needs month or so to take care of things before she can come out.   She just can't take a "subtle" hint.  Next month,  another "family emergency" will come up. 

11 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Just started ... did Trashley just throw SEQUINED shoes down the stairs? Oh, Skinz Jr. Your fashion sense is terrible.

I saw that too!  A silver sequined sneaker!   I'm sure there is a disco era silver sequined jacket to go along with it in there somewhere! 

When Larissa told the attorney that he took her cell phone,  the attorney said "he physically removed it from your hands". She said "yes,  he took it from my hands! ".   From what I remember,  she still had her tablet,  that's how she was communicating with her "fans" to help her.  

Ahhnndra's dad is my new favorite,  Pao's meek mom moved down a few pegs with her "Juan Love". 

I thought it was hilarious that Chantel never figured out that the girl in the video was sitting right next to Pedro!  She is either looking for fame or is really in love with Pedro, she tried to talk him out of leaving with Chantal,  then grabbed his hand & tried to pull him in her direction! 

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 4

Azan may be the safest thing for Nicole to hang on to right now.  He's far away and doesn't really pose any threat to her, as long as she is not nearby.  Well, except for taking her money.  lol  But, if she were that engrossed with a local man, she might be more at risk of harm.....her child too.  So, having Azan far away, might be a better option.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Ahhnndra's dad is my new favorite,  Pao's meek mom moved down a few pegs with her "Juan Love". 

This bothered me as well.  Juan doesn't seem to have one redeeming quality.  Neither does Pao so maybe she's used to it, but mama definitely lost points for being that clown's cheerleader.

5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Azan may be the safest thing for Nicole to hang on to right now.  He's far away and doesn't really pose any threat to her, as long as she is not nearby.  Well, except for taking her money.  lol  But, if she were that engrossed with a local man, she might be more at risk of harm.....her child too.  So, having Azan far away, might be a better option.  

It's certainly better for Azan!   😉

• Love 4
13 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Jay and Ashley both suck. If you get married, even if you are 20, you shouldn't cheat, unless you have some kind of agreement going into it. That's just how it is, sorry.

Trashley's friend laid it right out there, that the friend believed in the marriage vows, but apparently Jay did not.  He had no comeback.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I absolutely agree with you.

She could do much worse, and I could absolutely see her dating a child molester with nice abs.  

The best I can hope for is that she lands someone in prison for a long stretch who is conventionally attractive.  She can tell everyone she has a man, she can pull out pictures to show everyone, and she will have about as much physical contact as she has with azan.  And the price of ramen and phone cards has to be less than tickets to morroco.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Larissa .....Colt. Taking her phone was a very aggressive act, effectively cutting her off from the world. Fuck Colt. Let him try this shit with an American.

Colt is all complaining that after the second arrest, she is not talking to him.  That's right, because she sees you are totally not trustable.  She even wound up saying she sees Debbie as "the enemy" as well.  She is no doubt in hostile territory.

• Love 15

I still suspect that the REAL attraction to Azan is the tv show.  If Nicole had no financial incentive to be involved with him......IDK.  I can't see it.  She is very open to manipulation though.  She might buy into any kind of money making scheme a boyfriend might drum up.  I wonder why she hasn't found another willing contestant to join the show though.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kareem said:

This bothered me as well.  Juan doesn't seem to have one redeeming quality.  Neither does Pao so maybe she's used to it, but mama definitely lost points for being that clown's cheerleader.

Pao and her idiotic mother, cuddled up on her bed, snickering and giggling like schoolgirls over Juan's nastiness, really made me queasy. You can see where Pao gets her self centered, unpleasant ways. Poor little Axel will never, ever be good enough for Pao, and he will have heard about her 20 hours of unmedicated labor with him before his fifth birthday than he'll have had hot breakfasts.

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

In the fitness center...
Chantel: "Don't make me look like an ass."

uh, honey, no....your words and actions have done that.

I don’t do yoga, but are you supposed to sweat all over it then roll it up and place it back for the next person?  Shouldn’t it be washed like a towel?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Sister Pedro is the purest form of bitch. Pedro has his green card. Mission accomplished. Now family Pedro must work toward divorce for their son. Thing is, I think he cares for Chantel.

This theory is looking more and more likely!

Larissa and Coltee - it’s all so odd and suspicious. But Debbie will have her man to herself again. No doubt.

And this!

• Love 1
Just now, Spike said:

are you supposed to sweat all over it then roll it up and place it back for the next person

I guess this is how the true yogis do it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I absolutely agree with you.

She could do much worse, and I could absolutely see her dating a child molester with nice abs.  

The best I can hope for is that she lands someone in prison for a long stretch who is conventionally attractive.  She can tell everyone she has a man, she can pull out pictures to show everyone, and she will have about as much physical contact as she has with azan.  And the price of ramen and phone cards has to be less than tickets to morroco.

Someone's been watching Life After Lockup, I see.  

But, yes, you are correct. She could do much worse. 

12 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pao and her idiotic mother, cuddled up on her bed, snickering and giggling like schoolgirls over Juan's nastiness, really made me queasy. You can see where Pao gets her self centered, unpleasant ways. Poor little Axel will never, ever be good enough for Pao, and he will have heard about her 20 hours of unmedicated labor with him before his fifth birthday than he'll have had hot breakfasts.

Yeah, poor kid is going to be subject to some Duggar-level maternal guilt.  And Juan can go kick rocks.  I turned the rest of the episode off after this, as I literally cannot force myself to care about this couple.  I just can't.  Pao is ridiculous.  No one can/will tell her no.  Roos is a pushover who will wring his hands but ultimately do whatever Pao wants.  GROW A SPINE ALREADY.  YEESH. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

is a requirement or simply a right the American spouse has.  

First - green card does NOT equal citizenship it equals residency.  My husband has a green card but is not a citizen.  Granted it has been many years and things could have changed but the immigration agent told us that my husband would get a 2 year "conditional" green card.  After we had been married for 2 years we had to prove to immigration that we had a "real" marriage i.e. owning property together, a lease in both our names, a joint bank account etc.  Once we had done this, he got his permanent green card - we could have gotten a divorce and it would not have affected his green card status.  That is why Ashley wants Jay to sign the divorce papers.  I don't think there is any way around the waiting period - I could be wrong but I don't think that Jay could even apply for citizenship before the 2 years.  (I notice people are mentioning 3 years - it's possible the Dept. of Immigration has changed the requirement from 2 to 3 years - I'm far to lazy to look it up.)

I'm guessing that this is also why Mohammad wanted Danielle to get a divorce rather than an annulment.  They had probably been married two years at this point and divorce would not have affected his status.  While an annulment wouldn't necessarily have gotten Mo deported it was one less hoop for him to jump through.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, AZChristian said:

Hope Jay spends his idle days watching Judge Judy, and goes online to file suit against Ashley for the show.  

JJ:  "That's an illegal eviction.  It doesn't matter if you want a divorce.  He LIVES there in your house, legally.  You married him.  Doesn't matter if he's not on the lease.  You married him and moved him in.  If you get a divorce, you can make him move out - otherwise, he is entitled to stay there.  Judgment for the plaintiff, $5,000."

And don't forget, one of my favorite Judge Judyism's "You picked him!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Well my my my it turns out it is a case of 'the apple didn't fall far from the tree' when it comes to Pao. She is clearly the family favourite, Pao her momma and Juan are trash. Russ is a fool. I tend to skip their scenes and now I remember why.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

According to Trashely, she never filed for his adjustment of status after their marriage and after the 90 day fiancee visa expired.   Basically, it would mean he is now here on an expired visa.  

The thing is though that Ashley (and the other Americans) do not file the Adjustment of Status, the foreign spouse does:

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/fiancees

"After being admitted to the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant and marrying the U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days, the foreign national spouse can then apply for lawful permanent resident status in the United States (get a Green Card).

This page provides specific information for foreign nationals in the United States who want to apply for lawful permanent resident status based on their admission as a K-1 nonimmigrant and marriage within 90 days to their U.S. citizen petitioner. This is called “adjustment of status.” You should also read the Instructions for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (PDF, 485 KB) before you apply."

I looked at Form I-485 and the foreigner needs to fill it out and sign, there is nowhere for the American spouse to sign off.

So, are we supposed to believe that none of the foreign spouses ever researched how a K-1 Visa and subsequent Adjustment of Status works? Ashley never looked up what the process is?  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Cini said:

"After being admitted to the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant and marrying the U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days, the foreign national spouse can then apply for lawful permanent resident status in the United States (get a Green Card).

This page provides specific information for foreign nationals in the United States who want to apply for lawful permanent resident status based on their admission as a K-1 nonimmigrant and marriage within 90 days to their U.S. citizen petitioner. This is called “adjustment of status.” You should also read the Instructions for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (PDF, 485 KB) before you apply."

I looked at Form I-485 and the foreigner needs to fill it out and sign, there is nowhere for the American spouse to sign off.

So, are we supposed to believe that none of the foreign spouses ever researched how a K-1 Visa and subsequent Adjustment of Status works? Ashley never looked up what the process is?

Oh, this makes sense.  My husband was here on a student Visa so, of course, I never filled out initial paperwork to bring him to this country.  That is why I needed to fill out paperwork AFTER we were married and go to the immigration office for an interview.  We were doing the steps opposite.

Edited by DaphneCat
Yes, I can actually write in English.
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Cini said:

The thing is though that Ashley (and the other Americans) do not file the Adjustment of Status, the foreign spouse does:

The foreign spouses typically come here penniless and with no job prospects (cough, Jay, cough) so the sponsor files the packet, and the U.S. spouse needs to also file the Affidavit of Support with the Adjustment of Status. 

giphy.gif

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Cini said:

(Edit)

I think the reason that the American spouse usually files is because it costs money. The page I briefly looked at said it was something like $1000. http://pdximmigration.com/k1-fiance-visa-adjustment-of-status/

Also, the longer you wait after the 90 days, the more money you have to pay. https://citizenpath.com/faq/k-1-fiance-visa-adjust-status/

You may stay in the United States permanently once you have married and file an adjustment of status application. Generally, you should apply for adjustment of status of status as soon as you marry your fiancé and before the 90-day period ends. It is possible to adjust status after the 90 days. However, you will accrue time in an unlawful presence and the adjustment of status application becomes a bit more complicated (and expensive).

51 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don’t do yoga, but are you supposed to sweat all over it then roll it up and place it back for the next person?  Shouldn’t it be washed like a towel?

They really need to stop with the porn-style workout shots. She wasn’t even sweating. I don’t know what yoga abomination that was. The way they shoot Chantel doing everything is weird - long shots of her walking through a parking lot (in spandex), night shots of her curled up in bed (in spandex). Isn’t the target audience women?

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Someone's been watching Life After Lockup, I see.  

But, yes, you are correct. She could do much worse. 

LOL.....was it that obvious?  I do love me some trainwrecks!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Are we counting Pop tarts because I feel like that's about all he is going to get.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL.....was it that obvious?  I do love me some trainwrecks!  

That and Bridezillas. 

(And yes, the narrator on Bridezillas will *always* be Mindy in the old TWOP tradition.)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, lids said:

They really need to stop with the porn-style workout shots. She wasn’t even sweating. I don’t know what yoga abomination that was. The way they shoot Chantel doing everything is weird - long shots of her walking through a parking lot (in spandex), night shots of her curled up in bed (in spandex). Isn’t the target audience women?

You forgot the shots of her in her hotel robe, sitting on fawn-like on the bed, wistfully scrolling through her Twitter feed. 

• Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, lids said:

I think the reason that the American spouse usually files is because it costs money. The page I briefly looked at said it was something like $1000. http://pdximmigration.com/k1-fiance-visa-adjustment-of-status/

Also, the longer you wait after the 90 days, the more money you have to pay. https://citizenpath.com/faq/k-1-fiance-visa-adjust-status/

The filing does need to be done by the foreign spouse and presumably they usually get the money to so from either their American spouse or they have money of their own.

Drogo is correct though: Ashley needed to file an Affidavit of Support along with the Ajustment of Status that Jay needed to file.

Seeing that they apparently haven't filed anything, how did Jay think this would work for him? 

Ashley refusing to file the Affidavit of Support and Jay's subsequent inability to file the Adjustment caused Jay to be out of status = he is illegal at this point. That makes me wonder if Ashley could get in trouble for having an illegal alien living in her home?

Edited by Cini
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

Colt is all complaining that after the second arrest, she is not talking to him.  That's right, because she sees you are totally not trustable.  She even wound up saying she sees Debbie as "the enemy" as well.  She is no doubt in hostile territory.

And what irks me even more is how he will force contact with her even though she is trying to avoid contact because I think she knows that she is susceptible to his gaslighting and ends up in jail.

So she tries to stay in bed, she tries to stay in her room and close the door.  Yet, he repeatedly and without knocking walks in on her and tries to force her to interact with him.

Fuck dude, just leave her alone. 

Go play with debbie......go play with the slot machine.....go play with Debbie's slot machine because I know she would love it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, RealReality said:

So she tries to stay in bed, she tries to stay in her room and close the door.  Yet, he repeatedly and without knocking walks in on her and tries to force her to interact with him.

tenor.gif?itemid=9854676

• LOL 7
  • Love 4