Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Sparks Will Fly

• Start Topic

Larissa's second arrest threatens her life in America; Nicole pops the question to Azan; Jay's infidelity could cost him his freedom; Elizabeth braces herself for drama when both families unite for the first time; Paola's old friend stirs the pot.

Airs 6/30/19.

*The episode like many others before it is available On Demand nearly a week before its scheduled air date.  If you have not watched the episode and don't want to be spoiled, you should stop reading now.

Just watched it On Demand on Hulu.  I will only share this without spoilers:  Put on your most comfortable clothes, as it gets REALLY uncomfortable with Azan and Baby Beluga and Pedro, Chantal and Company.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Just watched it On Demand on Hulu.  I will only share this without spoilers:  Put on your most comfortable clothes, as it gets REALLY uncomfortable with Azan and Baby Beluga and Pedro, Chantal and Company.  

Well, I best get some popcorn for my train ride home viewing, for as the wise man Xander Cage once said, I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

One more thing:  In another thread I said I kinda felt bad for Pedro's sister? I take it ALL back.

I want to adopt Annnnddddrei's dad as my own.

Annnddrei CAN NOT let an evening NOT be about him, ever.  

• Love 21
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

One more thing:  In another thread I said I kinda felt bad for Pedro's sister? I take it ALL back.

I want to adopt Annnnddddrei's dad as my own.

Annnddrei CAN NOT let an evening NOT be about him, ever.  

Andrei was jealous of his own dad.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kid said:

You kill me!!😂😂😂😂😂

Thank you @Kid, but truthfully, when I was working in Early Childhood Special Ed, there was song (by Raffi?  I am not sure) called Baby Beluga.  I sang that damn song every day for months......it is still in my head!!!

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Andrei was jealous of his own dad.

Yes, yes he was.  A gentleman, being respectful and kind and willing to see both sides?  Yep, Annnnddddrei was jealous of his own dad.  His dad has his number.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Juicy!

• Love 1
(edited)

Beginning to think Andrei, unfortunately, is quite ill equipped for life in the U.S.  He doesn't seem to have any sense whatsoever regarding the value of money, or about how much work is required to support a family here. He very well might have been a hard worker, relatively speaking, before coming here, but that doesn't necessarily translate into being a hard worker by any standard.

Also have been trying to figure out exactly what Andrei was feeling/thinking during the dinner for his father. Interestingly, he said it made him "uncomfortable" because they didn't do the same things for him. Could simply have been clumsy word choice, and he really was jealous. But, assuming those words were intentionally and correctly chosen, it made me wonder if perhaps he was questioning the motives behind the party, as nothing fancy was done for him, so perhaps to him that means that sort of welcome for foreign visitors is not Family Elizabeth's normal M.O.  And given his general distrust of her family, I could see him thinking there were ulterior motives, and being uncomfortable because he couldn't really figure out what they were. Regardless, his dad was simply lovely.  Less Andrei, more Father Andrei, please.

And while I find home births stabby, especially for a first child, I'll give credit where credit is due and say I was super impressed Paola actually delivered that baby with no pain meds and not a ton of drama, from what we saw. Would not have thought she had enough grit and tenacity and was sure she'd be demanding a hospital and epidural before she ever set foot in that huge inflatable pool parked in her living room.

In other news, I swear they show the scene over and over of Chantel in the DR musing to herself, "I'm starting to think coming here might have been a bad idea."  Every single time my eyes involuntarily roll and I think, "Seriously?  Seriously, Chantel??  You are just now starting to think it was a bad idea???" Ugh, these people. All of them!

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 14
27 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Wow!  Ashley didn't waste anytime calling the new white woman personal security firm otherwise known as 911.  Let me get this straight: She dumps Jay's stuff out, puts her hands on him, ushers him out of the house and then SHE calls the cops on HIM???

That's a very dangerous game she's playing.

I was rather surprised the local police were asking so many questions about Jay's immigration status, as they have absolutely no jurisdiction over that and normally very little interest in or knowledge about it.  Usually, all matters immigration related are left to Immigration & Customs Enforcement to worry about.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Lemur said:

I'd like to know how Mr. No Job No Change of Status Filed Tattoos For Free can rock a $700 Canada Goose jacket. 

Oh right, reality TV. 

He may not be "paid" for the tattoos, but he could be accepting "tips."  And whatever he's not paying for BJs in the bathroom, he could spend on clothes.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Here is what a terrible person I am:  I wanted Pao's labor to last a lot longer--like two days longer--and be a lot more painful.  I didn't want anything bad to happen to her or the baby, but I wanted there to be a crisis for which they either had to call in a doctor or rush her to the hospital.  I wanted her to have so much pain that a doctor prescribed something strong over the phone.  I wanted the birthing pool to spring a leak and put bloody, feces-infested water all over their apartment.  I wanted her mother to run screaming around the apartment until a neighbor called the cops.  I wanted the doula to pass out.  I wanted Russ to throw up.

So you wanted it to be a David Lynch movie ...

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Here is what a terrible person I am:  I wanted Pao's labor to last a lot longer--like two days longer--and be a lot more painful.  I didn't want anything bad to happen to her or the baby, but I wanted there to be a crisis for which they either had to call in a doctor or rush her to the hospital.  I wanted her to have so much pain that a doctor prescribed something strong over the phone.  I wanted the birthing pool to spring a leak and put bloody, feces-infested water all over their apartment.  I wanted her mother to run screaming around the apartment until a neighbor called the cops.  I wanted the doula to pass out.  I wanted Russ to throw up.

I second the motion!!!

• LOL 1
29 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I second the motion!!!

I third it!!  No harm at all  towards little Axl - I am SHOCKED Pao let Roos pick the name, control freak that she is.

6 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

He very well might have been a hard worker, relatively speaking, before coming here, but that doesn't necessarily translate into being a hard worker by any standard.

Also have been trying to figure out exactly what Andrei was feeling/thinking during the dinner for his father. Interestingly, he said it made him "uncomfortable" because they didn't do the same things for him. Could simply have been clumsy word choice, and he really was jealous. But, assuming those words were intentionally and correctly chosen, it made me wonder if perhaps he was questioning the motives behind the party, as nothing fancy was done for him, so perhaps to him that means that sort of welcome for foreign visitors is not Family Elizabeth's normal M.O.  And given his general distrust of her family, I could see him thinking there were ulterior motives, and being uncomfortable because he couldn't really figure out what they were. Regardless, his dad was simply lovely.  Less Andrei, more Father Andrei, please.

Had he been a willing worker and a hard worker, he would have accepted the on call trucker position and said thank you.  

Spoiler

I mean, the family had fireworks!!!  Those ain't cheap!

Yes way more Father Andrei.

1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Wow!  Ashley didn't waste anytime calling the new white woman personal security firm otherwise known as 911.  Let me get this straight: She dumps Jay's stuff out, puts her hands on him, ushers him out of the house and then SHE calls the cops on HIM???

That's a very dangerous game she's playing.

I thought the same thing, especially now it is on camera that she touched him first.  I hope SHE gets hauled for having a domestic.  The cop said, "We are trying to minimize contact between the two" so what does Ashley do?  Goes to confront him and hits him.  Bright move there, missy.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lemur said:

So I think there's Bravo-TLC Cleavage Cold War going on between Chantel and Southern Charm's Kathryn.  

CE.jpg

KD.jpg

My hubby watches this show with me and he is like, "Is this a requirement for being on this show?  Oversized breasts on display?"  He is a red blooded male and even he says, "Put them back in!"

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Kareem said:
Spoiler

Surprising to see the Libster's father being so kind to the Moldavan dad.  For two people who didn't understand each other, they understood a lot.  Nice to see. 

2 minutes ago, Kareem said:
  • Love 15
29 minutes ago, Kareem said:
  Hide contents

Surprising to see the Libster's father being so kind to the Moldavan dad.  For two people who didn't understand each other, they understood a lot.  Nice to see. 

I think if you are in the episode thread you don’t have to hide discussing things that happened in that episode.  People should not read the thread before watching the episode.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think if you are in the episode thread you don’t have to hide discussing things that happened in that episode.  People should not read the thread before watching the episode.

Accurate. 

• Love 5
(edited)

The Pedro/Chantel meeting was so uncomfortable. Why didn’t Pedro tell his friends Chantel was coming? 

When she gets there, some random dude hugs her and she doesn’t even do hoverhand. She just goes limp, like what the heck is happening. Then all Pedro’s friends are sitting in one corner with their faces behind their hands giggling until the hugger guy announces, “Chantel, tell us what’s wrong with your marriage. We’re here to fix it.” That devolves into SisterNicole showing the cheating video and proclaiming its what Chantel deserves. Then when Chantel walks out, they all follow from behind like it’s the TechoZombie* video from the early 2000s. So weird.

*Correction: I looked it up and he’s actually the Techno Viking and he deserves full recognition for what he contributed to society.

And I peeped Pedro’s motives for all this when he was disappointed that Chantel didn’t recognize the girl from the dancing video and attack her. He’s a drama queen, insecure and needs Chantel to perform these random acts of humiliation in order to feel like a big man.

Speaking of humiliation. Nicole, sweet child of mine, where is your self-esteem? I thought at the least Azan would come up with a reason why she couldn’t come visit for a month. But he seriously said, “I’ve got things to do.” That’s not a reason! All Nicole said was, we need to decide soon because May has to go to school. She’s gonna keep May in limbo for another month? Wow.

Edited by lids
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, lids said:

But he seriously said, “I’ve got things to do.” 

Dude is unemployed.  What is so time consuming?  Things to do = avoiding you and chatting up other marks on social media.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

new white woman personal security firm otherwise known as 911.

This^^^^made me laugh out loud.  Cause it is true.

Chantal and Pedro, okay now you both have people in two separate countries in your business.  Nicole. don't badger and say over and over:  "I am not discussing this in the street.  Let's go to the hotel and talk."  So they get back to the hotel and what does she do?  "I don't want to talk about this tonight, I want to sleep."  Which way you wanna go??

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Understood that but others above were more vague so I went with that this time.  

• Love 1
Spoiler

Ashley has said she spent lots on money in Jamaica on him, he lived in a shack with no water. She said something about building a house. And she bought him tons of clothes. If I remember the interview or article she said including the K1 paperwork she spent like 200k. 

Not sure where I read the above, It was recent and talked about her wellness retreat and cruise. And was updated with her recent health issues.

Just now, iwasish said:
  Reveal spoiler

Ashley has said she spent lots on money in Jamaica on him, he lived in a shack with no water. She said something about building a house. And she bought him tons of clothes. If I remember the interview or article she said including the K1 paperwork she spent like 200k. 

Not sure where I read the above, It was recent and talked about her wellness retreat and cruise. And was updated with her recent health issues.

Where do people get that kind of money?  Why do they choose to spend it on a vacation f&%k rather than, oh I don't know - better housing, kid's college, a nice vacation.......401k?

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Where do people get that kind of money?  Why do they choose to spend it on a vacation f&%k rather than, oh I don't know - better housing, kid's college, a nice vacation.......401k?

She must be one great bartender. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, iwasish said:

She must be one great bartender. 

She said on a recent episode that she works ten-hour shifts in a dental office.  Don’t know if she still bartends.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

She said on a recent episode that she works ten-hour shifts in a dental office.  Don’t know if she still bartends.

Doing what? She doesn’t dress like anyone I’ve seen in my dentists office. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Lemur said:

Jay:  I'm lonely so my dick fell into some random chick in the bathroom of a barber shop.  

Ashley:  I'm done with my teenage foreigner husband and I never filed for his change of assignment, please come arrest him. 

Gah, both such garbage people.  

In that 911 call, I think Jay came across better, Trashley was pretty trashed when the cops came in. Two bottle of wine on the table where the women were sitting and Trashley nearly fell down the stairs to answer the door when the cops knocked. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, lids said:

Speaking of humiliation. Nicole, sweet child of mine, where is your self-esteem? I thought at the least Pedro would come up with a reason why she couldn’t come visit for a month. But he seriously said, “I’ve got things to do.” That’s not a reason! All Nicole said was, we need to decide soon because May has to go to school. She’s gonna keep May in limbo for another month? Wow.

I think you mean Azan? And Baby Beluga Nicole, not Piranha Mouth? 

• Love 1

My dentist's staff will be pretty irate when they find out they could be making $200K of disposal income if they moved to Mechanicsburg PA. 

I've always suspected Ashley bought her engagement ring herself or it was left over from one of her two broken engagements. It's a pretty big rock for Jay to have bought with tattoo money. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I’m not an expert on the K1 visa, but does Ashley bear no responsibility on not filing jays adjustment of status? She’s going on how he’s here illegally, but that’s her fault! I’m so confused. This show just confuses me more and more with every episode, but I can’t stop watching. And I always have to watch the first hour of next weeks episode early because I’m that addicted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, lids said:

Speaking of humiliation. Nicole, sweet child of mine, where is your self-esteem? I thought at the least Pedro would come up with a reason why she couldn’t come visit for a month. But he seriously said, “I’ve got things to do.” That’s not a reason! All Nicole said was, we need to decide soon because May has to go to school. She’s gonna keep May in limbo for another month? Wow.

@lids:   Lids, Lids, Lids......sigh....if you know anything by now, Nicole will ALWAYS put Azan before her daughter!!!  😉   (I think you meant Azan not Pedro in your post.)  "I have things to do" is the international sign of blowing someone off.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

I’m not an expert on the K1 visa, but does Ashley bear no responsibility on not filing jays adjustment of status? She’s going on how he’s here illegally, but that’s her fault! I’m so confused. This show just confuses me more and more with every episode, but I can’t stop watching. And I always have to watch the first hour of next weeks episode early because I’m that addicted. 

To me by not filing it she’s kind of keeping him almost a hostage. He can’t work(legally), not sure about driving, but she only has one car and if she works 10 hr days, he is stuck at home. How does he get to the barbershop? How far is it! Does he use public trans? Did she say something about withdrawing her letter of support, can she do that arbitrarily?

i always thought it suspicious that David suddenly got Annie’s  green card. The timing was suspect for me. He finds out Annie is making inquiries as to what’s happening and the logjam of delay clears?  I think he got scared that she would find out it had been  issued. Or if he hadn’t applied for it, the authorities might start getting nosy. 

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Thank you @Kid, but truthfully, when I was working in Early Childhood Special Ed, there was song (by Raffi?  I am not sure) called Baby Beluga.  I sang that damn song every day for months......it is still in my head!!!

Aww, Sang this Raffi song with my children!  Thanks for the memory!    But Baby Beluga “swam so wild and swam so free!”   I can’t see Nicole doing that.  😞

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Grammy said:

Aww, Sang this Raffi song with my children!  Thanks for the memory!    But Baby Beluga “swam so wild and swam so free!”   I can’t see Nicole doing that.  😞

I can't imagine Nicole swimming as that would be physical exercise.

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Azan sure was enthusiastic about the purple hair. 

He has to be enthusiastic about something!

• LOL 2

Eff you Pedro for making me feel sorry for Chantal. I felt second hand humiliation for her sitting there with about ten people shooting you hostile glances. I wanted to smack ThirstyGirl for her impudence. 

I peeped Ashley’s “ take your ‘dirty a** ‘back to Jamaica.” He’s a young black man in a white(?) neighborhood late at night and you call the cops? I see you girl. 

“He’s my husband but he is in this country illegally.” Hmmm all 911 calls are recorded and I’m not sure of liability on her end but that was a stupid thing to do. 

Azan: “The front looks good. “ LOL 

• Love 19