Type keyword(s) to search

"YOU'RE DISGUSTING! YOU ARE!" The Worst Parents on SVU

• Start Topic

Sadly, I don't recall the episode name, but I do remember it was on the Mothership and was sort of a riff on the whole Michael Jackson mess.

Yes, it was the Mothership. It was the episode "Smoke". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0629428/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_36

I really thought it was an SVU episode and was surprised to find that it was not. I believe the younger son has a heart condition that required surgery and that was why the older son was basically sold to the pedophile for the weekend.

• Love 1
(edited)

Another who belongs on the "Worst Parent" list is the father from "A Single Life," the S1 episode about a woman who commits suicide and leaves a note in which she puts the three males whom she considers responsible for her death on blast: her shrink/lover, her married boyfriend and worst of all, her own father, aka the "sperm donor," who molested her when she was little. 

Especially powerful was the scene when the woman's sister read her suicide note to the sperm donor, forcing him to confront what he had done to his daughter and to their family. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 7

Nicole from last nights "Motherly Love" was a piece of shit. Molesting her son's friends, manipulating her son into shooting one of them after crying rape, then trying to throw him under the bus at the trial by claiming he was jealous and had an Oedipal obsession with her? My skin was crawling watching that.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Nicole from last nights "Motherly Love" was a piece of shit. Molesting her son's friends, manipulating her son into shooting one of them after crying rape, then trying to throw him under the bus at the trial by claiming he was jealous and had an Oedipal obsession with her? My skin was crawling watching that.

Apparently all women named Nicole in this franchise are warped, evil, and/or cray-cray!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 2/16/2017 at 0:20 AM, Xeliou66 said:

The dad on tonight's episode ranks as one of the worst parents ever as well. 

So does the "mom." She was supposed to protect her sons from him and she not only failed them as much as their so-called "dad," one of them almost died because of it. By taking the beating from their "dad" to prove that he was the one responsible for goading Kyle into raping and accidentally killing his best friend Jack and to protect their little brother Mark from future abuse, Adam, the oldest boy, was more of a parent in those few minutes than his "real" parents have been in years, as far as I'm concerned. 

• Love 3

Can the mother who didn't want to vaccinate her son in the Hillary Duff episode selfish be called awful? I understand  that she had her reasons not to but still she was putting other children who came into contact with her son at risk..

• Love 3

I'm going to include Lt. Olivia Benson in this group. All she does is kiss the kid late at night while he's sleeping and take him to the park once in a blue moon. Then spends the rest of her time ( at work...always) fretting about him becoming a rapist. Why in the HELL would anybody give her a kid? He's like a fashion accessory to her so she can justify being menopausal and unmarried but still have something to show for it. Cringeworthy.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I agree about Olivia, she is a terrible parent, and her constant worrying about Noah being a rapist is really going to harm him when he grows up and becomes more mature. 

SVU has had numerous awful parents, it's hard to pick the worst. I think that the judge and his wife in Justice might be the worst, both of them were total scum, the judge raping his step daughter and then claiming she seduced him, and his wife killing her own daughter because she sided with the pedophile judge. Fuck both of them, I hope the wife got the death penalty and I hope the judge got thrown in a cell with a bunch of sex offenders that he had put away and they gave him a dose of his own medicine every day.

I would put Stabler's ex partner Pete in the category of an awful parent, he only cared about how good his son was at baseball and then he beat him when he found out he was using PED's. I cheered when Stabler beat the crap out of him in the bathroom even though I normally didn't like Stabler's anger issues. 

Also I would say Philip Westley from Rockabye was an awful parent, he kicked out one daughter for having sex with her boyfriend and then he was about to disown his other daughter until Stabler talked to him. Couldn't stand him, typical intolerant redneck far right religious bigot. 

• Love 8

The parents in last night's episode are pretty high up there on the shittiness scale- they were OK with their daughter being raped because they wanted it to "cure" her from being a lesbian.

• Love 7
On 5/18/2017 at 2:27 PM, Cotypubby said:

The parents in last night's episode are pretty high up there on the shittiness scale- they were OK with their daughter being raped because they wanted it to "cure" her from being a lesbian.

ITA they were pretty close minded.

• Love 3

Ones that haven't been mentioned are Cheryl Avery's parents in Fallacy. They were scum, they kicked her out because she was transgender and didn't let her go to the school that she should've gone to that would've been safe for her. They weren't killers/rapists, but they were narrow minded garbage and worthless excuses for parents. 

• Love 6
(edited)

The father Jim from Great Expectations also was a terrible dad he told his son to attack the other boy on the hockey team and beat up his older son because he stood up to him.

Edited by Redskinsfan
  • Love 4

Yeah I mentioned the guy from Great Expectations back when that episode aired. That guy was a piece of shit, he terrorized his whole family and justified his actions by talking about "PC crap" and that everyone else was "weak". Fuck that guy.

• Love 4

Stacy Keach's character in the American Disgrace episode wasn't a good father either. He payed off 3 young women to lie about his an superstar ex basketball player raping them because he was mad that his daughter slept and got pregnant with his baby.

• Love 4
(edited)

Another shitty parent is definitely Gloria from "Deception," who not only cheated on her abusive, rich husband with her stepson Kyle and her trainer, she had the trainer kill the husband with Kyle's baseball bat, the son took the fall out of his love for Gloria, who not only married Kyle, she got pregnant by the trainer and tried to pass it off as Kyle's. None of this would have come out on the first place if it weren't for Kyle's little sister and Gloria's daughter Chloe, who not only was neglected by Gloria, she caught Kyle & Gloria in bed together. 

Best of all was the conclusion, after the trainer confessed to Gloria's crimes and Benson & Stabler exposed Gloria to Kyle for the lying, cheating and goldigging skank she was, Kyle served Gloria with divorce papers-just before she was arrested for murder. When Gloria told Kyle that he didn't know what he was doing, Kyle responded, "I know exactly what I'm doing-Mom." 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3

Not sure if Charles Grodin character in "Lessons Learned"  is a bad  or good bad because he turned a blind eye to the sexual abuse at the school where was a board member at until he found out at the end his son was a victim too then he changed his attitude.

• Love 1

Olivia's ex-partner from "Rape Interrupted" definitely belongs here. His son was guilty cf rape, but instead of letting him take responsibility for his crime, Dear Old Dad not only tried to pressure Olivia to cover for him,  he got a fake witness to lie, which only made things worse.

• Love 4

The mother from Snatched: Oh, my daughter got kidnapped because I stole diamonds from my father to pay down my husband's gambling debts? What a perfect opportunity to set up a ransom so I can finagle even more cash and use it to run away with my husband and start over (even though my daughter is still missing)!

And her excuse for running away even as Benson begged her not to was that if she went to prison she wouldn't see her daughter until the girl was thirty. Lady, when your daughter is old enough to understand what you did, you're not gonna be seeing her ever.

• Love 3
On July 3, 2017 at 11:40 PM, DollEyes said:

Olivia's ex-partner from "Rape Interrupted" definitely belongs here. His son was guilty cf rape, but instead of letting him take responsibility for his crime, Dear Old Dad not only tried to pressure Olivia to cover for him,  he got a fake witness to lie, which only made things worse.

Definitely. I hated how even after all that, he had the nerve to whine about how the whole system was rigged against his son. Right, because men are the victims that always get scrutinized and slut-shamed. Oh wait, they're not! Fuck off!

• Love 5

In the early seasons, the one where the little girl is shot at the video store, and it turns out her sociopath sister arranged the hit to keep her abuse of the child a secret.   Then Dan Luria and Glynnis O'Connor (Spelling?) the adoptive parent of the older girl, and the little girl, don't want the sister charged, but she gets the death penalty probably (after the show ends). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
On 5/16/2017 at 2:07 AM, Redskinsfan said:

Can the mother who didn't want to vaccinate her son in the Hillary Duff episode selfish be called awful? I understand  that she had her reasons not to but still she was putting other children who came into contact with her son at risk..

Not only was Hilary Duff's character awful in that episode, the "mom" played by Missi Pyle in a similar episode was even worse. Her anti-vaxxer stance not only endangered her son, it put numerous other kids at risk, including Noah, however accidentally. She was entitled to her opinion, but she was  not entitled to gamble with innocent peoples'-especially childrens'-lives because of it.

I had no problem with her dying at the end of the episode because IMO she was a selfish, sanctimonious bitch who used her beliefs as a weapon. I don't normally blame victims, but she's an exception to the rule.

• Love 3

They're showing old seasons of SVU, and "Damaged" where the adopted daughter gives her 6 year old sister gonorrhea, gets her boyfriend to hire his buddy at the video store to shoot the little girl is still chilling.    At the end where the adoptive parent, who saw the video of Missy (the older daughter) getting the boyfriend to abuse the little sister, and planned the murder of three people, tells Cabot that he wants Missy to go free.    I can't believe Dan Luria (the Dad) saying, 'we lost our little girl, so we shouldn't have to lose Missy too', could say that line without hurling.       

• Love 4
On 5/18/2017 at 7:20 AM, Xeliou66 said:

I agree about Olivia, she is a terrible parent, and her constant worrying about Noah being a rapist is really going to harm him when he grows up and becomes more mature.

By that logic, Olivia would most definitely be a rapist too.  So, shut up Olivia!  Stop 'waiting' for the 'rapist gene' to appear on yourself or your son.  Stop with your fear bullshit.

• Love 2
On 5/17/2017 at 5:20 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I would put Stabler's ex partner Pete in the category of an awful parent, he only cared about how good his son was at baseball and then he beat him when he found out he was using PED's. I cheered when Stabler beat the crap out of him in the bathroom even though I normally didn't like Stabler's anger issues. 

Also I would say Philip Westley from Rockabye was an awful parent, he kicked out one daughter for having sex with her boyfriend and then he was about to disown his other daughter until Stabler talked to him. Couldn't stand him, typical intolerant redneck far right religious bigot. 

I was just watching "Ripped" and "Rockabye" yesterday and thought of this thread, then came here to see they'd already been mentioned. The worst: The father in "Rockabye" wondering why his daughter would have been afraid of his reaction and Stabler mentioning the other sister.

Oh, and also from "Ripped," Stabler's father would also be on this list, for stomping his diorama and then beating him when he cried about it. Explained quite a bit about Stabler.

• Love 4

The group of ant-vaxxer moms that faked their kids’ vaccine records and wound up causing the measles outbreak that infected Noah were pretty awful. I dislike Liv, but even I have to admire how she didn’t smack the ringleader in the face when she cornered her at the court to defend her actions.

Then again, it was quite the heel turn from when Liv defended the rights of the anti-vaxxer mom in “Selfish” just because she was more “respectable” than the teen mom. It’s always different when it’s YOUR child, huh?

• Love 2

Some parents that weren’t evil but that really annoyed me were the parents in the season 17 episode A Misunderstanding - I don’t think that case ever should’ve gone to trial, and all the trial did was traumatize both teenagers who were already traumatized, and I’m not even sure if a crime was committed. But the parents on both sides were so aggressive they escalated the situation and made everything worse, and were even ready to brawl in the courtroom at the end.

Also a couple of evil parents that belong on the list are the mother in Legacy who abused her daughter and put her in a coma (that episode is one of my favorite SVU episodes ever), she was mentioned earlier in this thread, and also the father in the second ever SVU episode A Single Life who abused his children and caused one daughter to commit suicide, the episode was strange as SVU was still finding its footing but the ending with the other daughter who was abused reading the obituary her sister wrote for herself to the piece of garbage father was emotional. 

• Love 3
On 7/13/2021 at 11:11 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Some parents that weren’t evil but that really annoyed me were the parents in the season 17 episode A Misunderstanding - I don’t think that case ever should’ve gone to trial, and all the trial did was traumatize both teenagers who were already traumatized, and I’m not even sure if a crime was committed. But the parents on both sides were so aggressive they escalated the situation and made everything worse, and were even ready to brawl in the courtroom at the end.

The boy's mother in A Misunderstanding said her older daughter and her friends "used to talk about accusing boys of rape all the time" and it still infuriates me. What?! Then you're an absolutely shitty person for not doing something about that. It's not what any remotely decent teenage girl would do and what parent knows about it and is just like 'yeah that's what they do.'

Joan Cusack's character and the husband in Locum had no business adopting a child, but she was also traumatized and he enabled it, so not exactly evil, but deranged. If they weren't rich I don't see anyone giving them a child because I don't see how she could keep it together for the interview. Giving the girl Mack a makeover to look like the missing child was sick. I felt so bad for Mack at the end, even though she falsely accused a guy (though once it was revealed in a later episode he did hurt girls, I wasn't sure if maybe he was going to try?), looking at her "parents" now having the kid they wanted, and she'd be the castoff, was very sad.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Gigi43 said:

The boy's mother in A Misunderstanding said her older daughter and her friends "used to talk about accusing boys of rape all the time" and it still infuriates me. What?! Then you're an absolutely shitty person for not doing something about that. It's not what any remotely decent teenage girl would do and what parent knows about it and is just like 'yeah that's what they do.'

Joan Cusack's character and the husband in Locum had no business adopting a child, but she was also traumatized and he enabled it, so not exactly evil, but deranged. If they weren't rich I don't see anyone giving them a child because I don't see how she could keep it together for the interview. Giving the girl Mack a makeover to look like the missing child was sick. I felt so bad for Mack at the end, even though she falsely accused a guy (though once it was revealed in a later episode he did hurt girls, I wasn't sure if maybe he was going to try?), looking at her "parents" now having the kid they wanted, and she'd be the castoff, was very sad.

Oh yes the parents in Locum were just awful, I felt horrible for the little girl who they got just to replace their missing kid and then when the missing kid was back they would clearly forget about the other kid. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

Does anyone recall what punishment the Hilary Duff character received?   Everyone seems to gloss over that  child would had survived measles had Duff gotten  medical attention for her daughter when she became ill.  The child had to be showing symptoms prior to the night she died. 

• Like 1

I've been doing a weird rewatch of this series during the double strikes, and the absolute worst parent on L&O: SVU is -- always and forever -- Elliot Stabler. 

Jesus H. Christ, his naming his son "Dickie" in the fricking 1990s should have told us all he's a fricking sociopath.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Demian said:

I've been doing a weird rewatch of this series during the double strikes, and the absolute worst parent on L&O: SVU is -- always and forever -- Elliot Stabler. 

Jesus H. Christ, his naming his son "Dickie" in the fricking 1990s should have told us all he's a fricking sociopath.

I always thought his son's actual name was Richard and he was simply called Dickie.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I always thought his son's actual name was Richard and he was simply called Dickie.

It is!  They actually addressed it during the episode entitled -- lemme check -- "Turmoil" (Season 11, Episode 8).  Dicke's best friend Shane goes missing, and because Elliot's such an asshole moron in addition to being a Bad Parent, Shane ends up dead.

But before that happens, Shane's mom calls out Elliot regarding his son's preferred name.  You know, as yet another example of how Elliot's so consumed by his job that he's completely neglectful and out-of-touch with his family.

Cragen should've reassigned him at the end of Season One.

(And any normal human being who named their son "Richard" in the 1990s would've given them a nickname like "Ricky" or "Richie."  Never in a million years would they have opened their child up to the ridicule a "Dickie" would have received on the playground.)

Edited by Demian
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 3/8/2015 at 11:44 PM, North said:

Just found this thread.

The one I remember.  Margot Kidder in Pique (Season 2).  What that women turned her son (Chad Lowe) into?  Ugh.

Just watched that one. The sad thing was the Lowe character, upon being reminded of a lifetime of abuse by his Mom, was immediately reduced to aacting like a kid.

"I told her I wasn't a child anymore..."

• Like 2
On 8/12/2015 at 4:26 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

In high school, I actually had to read the book about the real-life children the episode is based on, and shockingly, SVU makes the psychiatrist behind this look more sympathetic than his real life counterpart.  Just like in the show, he really did make the children act out various sexual positions with each other, but he also tried to force the parents into giving the one child further surgeries to create a vagina for the child, and then continued to report in studies that this case was successful, when in actuality, the child was struggling and suffering greatly(and, in fact, went to living as a boy by his teenage years and had multiple surgeries later in life to correct the surgeries done to him as a baby).  And then used his reports of success to convince other doctors and parents that gender was so malleable, that it was appropriate to reassign the gender of intersex children at birth.  

Sorry for that tangent, but ugh, he was a horrible man.  This was a case where I think SVU made the parents look worse, since it real life, they were not well off, and were truly looking to this doctor to help them and got taken advantage of.  

The real life story is even worse. Wow.

I recall the two brothers (with the "sister" now living again as a boy), killed the psychiatrist in a way that made it impossible for anyone to know which one of them actually killed him.

• Like 1