Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E11/12: This One is For One Million Dollars

Message added by Whimsy

It has been repeatedly stated that there is not to be rehashing of past seasons in the episode threads. There is a pinned mod note at the top of the page for TAR and there have been several mod notes. Posts have been removed and warnings have been issued. Keep this thread on topic

• Start Topic

Nicole and Victor should have stuck with rowing. They were getting the flow of it and were the only team close to doing double sculling correct (Colin was single sculling and Christie was trying not to dip her oars in the water). 

Victor kind of cheated on the decipher the secret task. Sure, the other teams were collaborating, but that is allowed. He straight up walked over and looked at their papers. Since he got it before them, he probably didn't need to do that. 

The teams were almost having too much fun shopping in Camden Market. That is one of those tasks that get harder the later you arrive (easier to spot a pile of four marked rugs than one marked rug on its own).

Korey was a machine on doing that taxi challenge. They were right to switch. They were a mess at the rowing and would probably have spent half the time in the water. It's all about the synchronicity.

Colin and Christie made some very nice records. Those lines were crisp.

How on earth did they find three massive vaults right beside each other? I thought they would have to take turns. That was great because they couldn't learn and copy from each other. Combination locks can be a pain. I felt Leo's pain.

Christie lost a lot of her zen when dealing with the taxi dude. 

Korey lost his voice possibly from shouting over the 7 Nation Army. 

Glad we didn't have to hear Nicole whine through the last leg. I think she would have had to do the last roadblock and she doesn't like heights or deal with details, so we would have had nothing but complaints all the way down and at the vault. No thanks. 

Colin was adorable with his way of remembering the vault numbers. Perfect partner this race. Encouraging, mostly calm and amazingly athletic. Korey is also super impressive.

• Love 14
(edited)

lol Colin and Christie were just spitting out word soups in this episode. They made no sense most of the time, but nice to see them win. I really liked Tyler and Korey, too, and wouldn't have minded them winning, either.

I thought the final task was cool. I'm fine with an attention to detail task instead of a memory one.

Edited by displayname
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, aemom said:

I'm pretty sure thay they edited out a RB because there are always two in the final leg - one for each player to complete. 

There was definitely a task edited out. I followed spoilers on finale day, and RFF has pictures of both of the first 2 teams at a place called the Heidelberg Project. There are a lot of props, clue boxes, and antique-ish items. I believe it was between the bowling place and the record store in the timeline. Unknown what the task was. Hopefully we find out in the next few days. Guessing it was edited out since teams maintained their placement there (as the record store was where C/C finally took the lead)

• Useful 4

Christie in the cab was intense and downright scary. When Colin was trying to remind her that they are now zen people sister wasn't buying it. LOL!!! I'm still glad they won though. I thought they totally out when Christie was still typing......

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ML89 said:

As a former rower, I loved the rowing and was impressed any team got close - Colin rocked that. 

So happy Colin and Christie won and who would have ever thought we’d hear the White Stripes on TAR? Loved making the records, fowling and that rappelling and bank vault challenge. Wow.

I've done a lot of sweep rowing and the couple of times I've done sculling it's really, really hard to learn. Imagine trying to learn to ride a bike without ever having been on one before.

C&C figured out the only way to get through it -- one person just sits there to stabilize the shell, and the other one hammers it. Quite frankly, I'm not sure any other team could have pulled it off.

• Love 12
44 minutes ago, TheRabbi said:

There was definitely a task edited out. I followed spoilers on finale day, and RFF has pictures of both of the first 2 teams at a place called the Heidelberg Project. There are a lot of props, clue boxes, and antique-ish items. I believe it was between the bowling place and the record store in the timeline. Unknown what the task was. Hopefully we find out in the next few days. Guessing it was edited out since teams maintained their placement there (as the record store was where C/C finally took the lead)

The Heidelburg Project is being dismantled, supposedly for some new phase, although I'm not sure what it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with it -- the long gap between filming and broadcast might mean that there are things said about it that would be confusing to the audience.

3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

How hard can rowing or crew be? Isn't that how Lori Louglin daughters got in to USC? LOL!!!!

It definitely would have been less interesting TV if the challenge had been to fill out a college application by photoshopping your own heads on to actual rowers....

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

There were 12 total Roadblocks this season, which is the usual, and there were 2 RB on the first leg. They didn’t have a RB on the 10th leg, leaving having 1RB for each of the final two legs. The 6 RB cap rule was in full effect this season, as the final teams had 6 RBs for each racer.

I would not be surprised if a RB was edited out for the 10th leg. Sometimes they edit out entire tasks in episodes for whatever reason. 

2 hours ago, displayname said:

lol Colin and Christie were just spitting out word soups in this episode. They made no sense most of the time, but nice to see them win. I really liked Tyler and Korey, too, and wouldn't have minded them winning, either.

I thought the final task was cool. I'm fine with an attention to detail task instead of a memory one.

There's a little bit of an irony of C&C beating T&K -- if Korey hadn't given Christie so much help decoding the message, it's possible C&C would have been knocked out in the second to last leg. And then in a final I think T&K would have had a bit more of an advantage against Victor and Nicole.

I can't say for sure, though -- it's always possible V&N would have aced the drum test and won easily.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, vousviou said:

There's a little bit of an irony of C&C beating T&K -- if Korey hadn't given Christie so much help decoding the message, it's possible C&C would have been knocked out in the second to last leg. And then in a final I think T&K would have had a bit more of an advantage against Victor and Nicole.

I can't say for sure, though -- it's always possible V&N would have aced the drum test and won easily.

I don't know. Even with his help Christie had trouble. That said, if he hadn't helped at all she might still be there. They all wanted Nicole & Victor out so bad and decided to work together is kind of dumb in the Final 4. Even if you are friends or in alliance I think the Final 4 is where I would end those deals.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Rinaldo said:

Even without the memory task, these were demanding legs. The theme in both legs was "pay very close attention": deciphering the message; learning a detailed taxi route; operating a combination lock correctly even when you know the numbers (that was unexpected and delightful, that finding the numbers while rappelling wasn't the hard part); assembling a drum set correctly in all respects. 

This was the final three I hoped for, and although I have fondness for all three (surprising myself in two cases), they finished in the order I would have wanted.

<snip>

Against all expectation, I ended up enjoying this Race.

I agree the final legs were very demanding -- I think they were the best designed final two that I've seen since I started watching about seven seasons ago. None of them seemed to be slam dunks that a team could complete just by showing up and powering through. The lead changes weren't random luck, either, except for the brief lead T&K got when C&C's cabbie went wandering, and even that might have been the result of them rushing out of the cab at the start without making sure he was clear on where to pick them up.

I'm not surprised Leo and Jamal came in third -- they have always had a tendency to get sloppy and jump to conclusions without completely understanding a task. I think they knew this, but couldn't quite get past it in the pressure of competition.

I agree that the race was a lot better than I expected. I don't know BB and Survivor at all, and I expected their teams to be much more like the Reilly sisters, but almost all of them were much less drama.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, vousviou said:

There's a little bit of an irony of C&C beating T&K -- if Korey hadn't given Christie so much help decoding the message, it's possible C&C would have been knocked out in the second to last leg.

50 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I don't know. Even with his help Christie had trouble.

I thought they were helping each other through that task? It is possible neither would have got it and would have had to fight for third.

8 hours ago, SHD said:

I was just coming here to say “Gee, it’s a good thing Detroit doesn’t have any other famous musicians besides Jack White.” I’d rather have had the music gang be bombarding them with The Romantics’ “What I Like About You” during the final task.

I came here to say the same thing! I was excited that TAR filmed in Detroit but I was perplexed by all the Jack White stuff. He doesn't even live here anymore!

I would have rather seen them go to the Motown museum.

• Love 13

So how long did production wait until they asked the Garanimal - do you know what counter-clockwise means?   Because he still couldn't explain what it meant when he was trying to say what he was doing wrong.

Did they wait long enough to ensure there was no way they could win, but helped so they could at least finish?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jadzia said:

I came here to say the same thing! I was excited that TAR filmed in Detroit but I was perplexed by all the Jack White stuff. He doesn't even live here anymore!

I would have rather seen them go to the Motown museum.

I was also a little confused/disappointed with the choice of Jack White to "represent" Detroit.  I'm a middle aged white woman, and if you say music & Detroit in the same sentence my first thought would be Aretha/Motown.  It was just a glaringly white (no pun intended) scene in a predominately black city famous for putting black musicians on the map. 

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, displayname said:

I thought they were helping each other through that task? It is possible neither would have got it and would have had to fight for third.

Yeah, it was mutual, thought it was clear that Korey figured out more and Christie was straight-up overwhelmed. But I do think if they hadn't worked together, Korey would've still solved it on his own, but Christie probably would've struggled a lot longer. Who knows. Maybe if they went into it not working together she would've been more focused too instead of depending on Korey.

The shot of Sad Leo sitting on the vault floor slayed me.

6 hours ago, kili said:

How on earth did they find three massive vaults right beside each other? I thought they would have to take turns. That was great because they couldn't learn and copy from each other. Combination locks can be a pain. I felt Leo's pain.

It used to be a real bank vault. It's been converted to private event rooms and there was talk of making that area into a restaurant a few years ago.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

Colin and Christie FOR THE WIN! Love their redemption storyline this year. I think Christie is actually far more intense than him now. You could tell with the cab shenanigans

Surprising to have the first season in a while with no memory task. But I know at least one task/location was edited out, so who knows; maybe that had elements of it.

As a drummer for many years, I'm confident that I could have rocked that last challenge in less than 10 minutes....of course I would have needed 11 non-elimination legs to get there. Solid season.

I was a little disappointed that Colin was praising Christie, that she got them to the end. She did nothing as far as paddling...he did a solo. She screwed up with the codes and then her attitude at the cab driver and Colin telling her to not upset the driver. So that team was all Colin.

Man, TAR boss's that be, certainly held off the most tense ending tasks. If I was one of those contestants and had to go down that building, I would never have done it.

Then there was the task of memorizing locations for a ride in the taxi. No one could have gone through the first time and knew them all. The winners had to do it 22 times.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Novel8 said:

Man, TAR boss's that be, certainly held off the most tense ending tasks. If I was one of those contestants and had to go down that building, I would never have done it.

That is all Phil.  He loves to make people do his own idea of thrill.  He once tried to take Oprah out of her studio and do something like that and she said, "Hell no".  O.P.R.A.H.  He is afraid of caves so no caving.

Loved that Detroit was in the finale!  Oh Nicole!  My mom would say that she had an "all thumb" education.  She is from the thumb of Michigan and it shows.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Novel8 said:

She did nothing as far as paddling...he did a solo

Yes, but under the circumstances that was probably the best way to negotiate that task. The correct stroke, and proper synchronization for two, isn't learned in an hour or even a day. And before it's mastered, one teammate is actually hindering the other. Having one teammate handle it all (if he had the strength for it) was the most sensible quick solution. 

And if she spun out of control for a moment at the cab driver, she also had her moment of talking Colin down during his freakout at the drum task.

(*An example of what Colin talked about in that interview -- in the moment, you seem entirely rational and reasonable to yourself, and you don't understand why anyone would see otherwise; I wonder what she thinks looking at herself now.)

• Love 17
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Novel8 said:

I was a little disappointed that Colin was praising Christie, that she got them to the end. She did nothing as far as paddling...he did a solo. She screwed up with the codes and then her attitude at the cab driver and Colin telling her to not upset the driver. So that team was all Colin.

I think he meant that he was going into total mind-block a la Leo at the bank at the drum task and she was the one that supported him and got him back to functional again.  She also suggested it wasn't something they were missing but the details about what they already had mounted.

In baseball parlance she had been batting 0-fer in those two legs until the bottom on the 9th then came through with the big walk off hit.

And I think they both got each other through the Race emotionally, psychologically etc.

Edited by green
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, alexa said:

What did Corinne and Eliza do?  I didn’t watch closely at the end.  

MASSIVE eyeroll from Eliza that I thought her eyeballs were going to pop out of her head. 

4 hours ago, pennben said:

Drew attention to themselves like they wanted. Corinne, hands behind back, no clapping; Eliza slowclap, big eyeroll. 

And this.  They wanted all the attention on them, but it's negative attention.  So irritating.

I was rooting for either C&C or T&K.  I was fine with either of them.  Tyler didn't bother me as much as other people and they were strong racers.  I'm happy with the 1-2 finishes by them. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I was just coming here to say “Gee, it’s a good thing Detroit doesn’t have any other famous musicians besides Jack White.” I’d rather have had the music gang be bombarding them with The Romantics’ “What I Like About You” during the final task.

I suspect that somebody in production is a fan of the White Stripes (and was inspired by this video).

Plus, the logistics were probably easier. Put a call out for singers and guitar and drum players and set them to it. Motown requires more instruments and then you have to start balancing the sound. Instrumentation in 7 Nation Army is pretty minimal.

Edited by kili
  • Love 2

In one of Becca & Floyd's post-episode videos, they talked about how Christie was the supportive, calming mom of the group.  They said she'd give you a hug, and then just look you in the eyes for 20 seconds.  I saw her doing that to Colin at the drum task, at one point it was just eye to eye contact, she wasn't saying anything.  It's like she's the Colin whisperer. 

By the way - I highly recommend Becca & Floyd's video recaps.  Lots of fun tidbits about parts you didn't see in the episodes.  They're on YouTube under Team Fun.  They said the greeter on the island in the Netherlands was Bertram van Munster himself.  (He wasn't shown on film.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, vousviou said:

C&C figured out the only way to get through it -- one person just sits there to stabilize the shell, and the other one hammers it. Quite frankly, I'm not sure any other team could have pulled it off.

That was definitely the way to go and bravo to them for figuring it out. 

59 minutes ago, Rinaldo said:

Yes, but under the circumstances that was probably the best way to negotiate that task. The correct stroke, and proper synchronization for two, isn't learned in an hour or even a day. And before it's mastered, one teammate is actually hindering the other. Having one teammate handle it all (if he had the strength for it) was the most sensible quick solution. 

I was really surprised that teams did as well as they did. Colin just rocked it. He must have rowed something before. There were ergs on the river bank too, I wonder if they put them on those first to show them the stroke before they got people in the water? I know when I started the hardest thing was figuring out the order to move my body in to pull the oar and having seen enough people at gyms hopping the handles over their bent knees, it seems to be a universal problem.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, vousviou said:

Good point.  Tyler sort of walked the line between screwing over C&C completely and helping her to his own detriment.  

When you think about it, it wasn't much different from "It starts with an F, that's all I'm saying.", but it for some reason it came across as much more helpful and less backstabby than what Dan did to Big Easy.  

2 hours ago, Whimsy said:

MASSIVE eyeroll from Eliza that I thought her eyeballs were going to pop out of her head. 

And this.  They wanted all the attention on them, but it's negative attention.  So irritating.

I was rooting for either C&C or T&K.  I was fine with either of them.  Tyler didn't bother me as much as other people and they were strong racers.  I'm happy with the 1-2 finishes by them. 

Eliza is now 36. She's still doing eye rolls. I think she thinks it's funny or cute. Corrine didn't clap for anyone because her brand is to be a bitch. Shocking that neither of them are married.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I'll be the first to admit Colin really has changed. When Colin is the one trying to talk you down from being rude to a cab driver you know something is off. He never lost his cool or his patience even when they fell behind because Christie had so much trouble doing the code. 

That said, I just never warmed up to them. I didn't dislike them - at all. They were just sort of there. I think my issue is they lack distinctive personalities. "Zen" isn't really a personality.

I was team Tyler and Korey all the way. They had fun and appreciated every moment they were on the race, and (I think) won more legs than any other team. They're the type of team, on paper anyway, most fans say they like. Always polite to the locals and appreciative of the experience. I was on edge the last hour as they pulled ahead then fell behind again.

So in the end, I was just sort of "meh." Once Colin and Christie crossed that finish line, I turned it off.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, kili said:

I suspect that somebody in production is a fan of the White Stripes (and was inspired by this video).

Plus, the logistics were probably easier. Put a call out for singers and guitar and drum players and set them to it. Motown requires more instruments and then you have to start balancing the sound. Instrumentation in 7 Nation Army is pretty minimal.

I'm just thankful it wasn't Kid Rock.

As far as Motown, Barry Gordy left for LA over 40 years ago, so going with Jack White's not so bad from that perspective.

They could have done something with Techno music, but that might have been too far out there for the audience.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Whimsy said:

But it's her signature move!  Bad sports, her and Corinne.

Happy with an all TAR team finale.  They didn't collude against Nicole and Victor, they just agreed that the TAR teams would work together.  You can be for something, without being against the other.

Too bad for Leo's brain fart with the vault.  But I'm glad he and Jamal got all the records back and finally overcame their final 4 curse.  How much further behind were they in reaching the mat?  They did all the tasks so they didn't get a pity direction to head to the pitstop.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'll be the first to admit Colin really has changed. When Colin is the one trying to talk you down from being rude to a cab driver you know something is off. He never lost his cool or his patience even when they fell behind because Christie had so much trouble doing the code. 

That said, I just never warmed up to them. I didn't dislike them - at all. They were just sort of there. I think my issue is they lack distinctive personalities. "Zen" isn't really a personality.

I was team Tyler and Korey all the way. They had fun and appreciated every moment they were on the race, and (I think) won more legs than any other team. They're the type of team, on paper anyway, most fans say they like. Always polite to the locals and appreciative of the experience. I was on edge the last hour as they pulled ahead then fell behind again.

So in the end, I was just sort of "meh." Once Colin and Christie crossed that finish line, I turned it off.

I was glad Colin & Christie won. They are very dull in personality for reality tv though. I agree that Zen isn't a personality. It can make you a calm person but it's not really a personality enhancer. LOL!!! I'm glad that Tyler & Korey didn't win. I can't stand Tyler. He has bugged me to no end since his first season. All in all, a fun season.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lambertman said:

Me not being aware of Old Fort Wayne in Detroit, I imagined my wife and I making it on the show, getting to the final 3, completing the drum task first, and victoriously climbing into a cab and driving to Northeast Indiana's largest city, counting our million dollars all the way...

You're not alone.  My first thought when I heard the clue was "Shit, now they've got to drive to Indiana?"

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Corrine didn't clap for anyone because her brand is to be a bitch.

She did clap for the top two, and even briefly, albeit unenthusiastically, for the Afghanimals.

23 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Shocking that neither of them are married.

Completely unnecessary.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ML89 said:

That was definitely the way to go and bravo to them for figuring it out. 

I was really surprised that teams did as well as they did. Colin just rocked it. He must have rowed something before. There were ergs on the river bank too, I wonder if they put them on those first to show them the stroke before they got people in the water? I know when I started the hardest thing was figuring out the order to move my body in to pull the oar and having seen enough people at gyms hopping the handles over their bent knees, it seems to be a universal problem.

Those shells are really easy to tip over, and while they showed the shells tipping and getting swamped, what they didn't show was the process of getting fished out of the water and taken back to the dock.

I think the teams that switched all realized correctly after it happened the first time that they were looking at a major loss of time if that happened one or two more times. It's not something quick like a bike, where if you fall over you can get right back on and keep going. 

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'll be the first to admit Colin really has changed. When Colin is the one trying to talk you down from being rude to a cab driver you know something is off.

Exactly!  I actually went upstairs and got out my copy of My Ox is Broken.  🤣

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

Fair enough. I'd be curious to see how Floyd of Team Fun would have done, since he said he was a drum major. The hardest part would likely be the constant noise from the band, which admittedly would make it hard for me to focus.

14 hours ago, EllenB said:

Um, I don't think drum majors have anything to do with drum sets, TheRabbi.  Very different skill sets.

My husband has played the drums since he was seven. He's a rock drummer but has also played jazz, R&B, and was in marching band in high school and college, and was a drum major. He can assemble and disassemble a drum kit in no time. Most drum majors have to have experience as a band member, in addition to the other qualifications.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, displayname said:

She did clap for the top two, and even briefly, albeit unenthusiastically, for the Afghanimals.

Completely unnecessary.

You're right. They are unnecessary.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Most drum majors have to have experience as a band member, in addition to the other qualifications.

Of course. They almost always emerge from within the ranks. But it needn't be on drums; the many drum majors I've known encompassed among them pretty much all the wind (or, yes, percussion) instruments. The term "drum major" is a survival from centuries ago when such officers led a corps of drums only, but it's been unrelated to drums specifically for a very long time. Such is the evolution of terminology.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, EllenB said:

Um, I don't think drum majors have anything to do with drum sets, TheRabbi.  Very different skill sets.

My bad. Not familiar with some of the marching band lingo clearly.

It is interesting how the hometown of a person/pair rarely helps. I guess you might be familiar with airport and some locations but you still have to depend on the cab and the task at hand.

My heart was in my mouth for an hour and a half.  Been quite a while since last the TAR finale gripped me so hard.  I could never be sure who was going ahead.  And thennnn...

Colin & Christie for the win!!!

< ¡ Phew ! >

That taxi business in London is no joke.  I remember seeing the amusing movie "The Knowledge" years ago, which made it quite plain how hard it was to get the coveted green badge of a London cab driver!

And setting up that set of drums with hundreds of musicians beating your brains out with "Seven Nation Army"... The sort of icing that makes an ordinary cake very difficult to eat.  Like the deafeningly loud music while trying to eat soup in Hungary in race #6 (I think?)

All in all, one of the best finale episodes in a while, and one where I am pleased with the results.  

• Love 9
14 hours ago, anniebird said:

I HATE when teams gang up on another team. At that point, I just wanted Nicole and Victor to win to spite them all.

I'm with you.  They really downplayed it in the editing, but it was still obvious.  It reminded me of that horrible season with the big brother team and all of the whining about people who are more intelligent than them. 

I was shocked victor got the decoding before the other two because he always seemed pretty dimwitted.  They blew it by sticking with the rowing.  The taxi cab task was much easier and quicker. 

• Love 2

I read the spoilers when the we’re running the race and for some reason I misremembered and thought that Colin and Christie went out in 4th place so I was completely surprised and happy. 

I took Colin giving Christie the credit was about more than just the last few legs but about the race in its entirety and also their lives as a whole.

Is thee any part of Colin that isn’t muscle because good lord when they were getting the clue for the rowing task muscles were being flexed that I didn’t know existed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I love a detail task right before the final pit stop.  The people, the overwhelming noise, the panic -- it was a perfect stress cocktail.  And it looked like it was hot; Colin had sweat dripping off the end of his nose. 

Christie did what I've often wished Racers would do:  stop, take a breath, focus.  Those 20 or seconds are more valuable than the 5-10 minutes of mind chaos.  Even Jamal -- dude: just take the directions a step at a time, reciting them out loud as you do the task.  Had he done that, he would have immediately figured out that he was not stopping on the counterclockwise 7 as instructed. 

I heard Korey and Tyler gloat that this was their "hometown" and immediately thought, "Frank and Margarita would love to chat with you about that." 

• Love 13

Wow, just like in Season 5 Colin single-handedly muscles them into the final 3. Having recently re-watched it, I can report that IS Christie's real hair. I am impressed with how they have BOTH worked on their volatility!

I would've preferred to see what Vic and Nic could have done in the final. Especially since the Garanimals melted right back down after one good leg. 

I really missed the whole-race encompassing final memory challenge, where you can see teams get the lead and lose it as they struggle to get all the answers right. Building a drum kit just seemed a little small and random for the final task. Please tell me the racers were given ear plugs, cuz I didn't see any. 

I won't quibble too much. It was a great season. Either top two deserved the win, and I hope it gets good enough ratings to get us back to two seasons a year again! 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

encompassing final memory challenge, where you can see teams get the lead and lose it as they struggle to get all the answers right.

I maybe misremembering but I think it’s been awhile since people got really hung up on a memory challenge either because they were too easy or because everyone is expecting it and takes notes and studies them on the final plane ride which is why I liked the detail task because it appeared more stressful and more room for a lead change. 

• Love 7

I saw part of the leg (the final task) being filmed last summer.  After waiting a year, I've finally posted some photos and videos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/8559533@N04/sets/72157709278981053/ 

They're not all great.  We were far away, confused about what was going on, and being threatened by an overzealous local security person.  But Colin leaving the final task and the video of them running to the cab are, IMO, pretty awesome.  I've also written up a long summary of the day here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/c69e2k/my_experience_watching_the_filming_of_the_final/

I'm glad the episode lived up to the excitement of seeing it live!

• Love 15