Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/24/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Did I hear that correctly? Did Meghan just say that we don't speak to people differently based on age (referring to Joy)? Is she serious, she doesn't think that someone's age warrants a basic level of respect?

• Love 16

Folks, a couple of things here:

1. If you want to talk generally about Meghan, take it to her thread, please, and focus on show events in this thread. This thread is for what's up on the show this week, any general discussion of hosts belongs in their own threads.

2. Remember that John McCain and the rest of the McCain family are considered off-topic unless they're mentioned on the show. 

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

Did I hear that correctly? Did Meghan just say that we don't speak to people differently based on age (referring to Joy)? Is she serious, she doesn't think that someone's age warrants a basic level of respect?

Well, I don’t. I don’t demand respect just because I was born before someone and I’m not respecting someone just because they’re older. Respect is earned. Always.

I do expect RBM to speak professionally to her coworkers on and off camera. I am far from a prude or a snowflake but last week when RBM called Joy a bitch, it was unprofessional and I’ve barely watched since then. It didn’t feel like a jokey, she’s not bothered by it, we’re all friends moment. It felt much more nasty with RB deciding for Joy that she wasn’t bothered by it. 

Edited by Meatball
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, SPinCA said:

When Joy said “I’m older than you” and Meghan started popping her neck, talking in upspeak and saying she wanted us all to know she doesn’t care about age 🙄🙄🙄🙄Is there anything Joy can say that won’t get her going? 

There was a tweet (or maybe it was a Facebook comment) that I read yesterday telling Meghan she should respect Joy because of her age and she is the elder statesman of The View.    I can't remember where I read it--maybe it was a response to one of Meghan's tweets.  Wherever it was, I'm thinking Meghan read it.  It was too out of the blue that she made that remark about age.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10

My thoughts on respecting your elders...

I don’t go by this to the degree that I will allow any disrespect from someone older than me slide just because said person is older. Respect is a two-way street. I’ve known some older folks who think they can be complete jerks and not be called out simply because they’re even slightly older. Yeah, sorry, doesn’t work that way for this gal. I also don’t talk down to those who are younger than me simply because I’m older. We should ALL try to be respectful of one another.

However, I think it takes a lot more nerve to be rude to someone who’s much older, self-made, has a lot more seniority than you at work, tried her best to be kind and professional no matter how hard someone makes it, and is no dummy. I won’t say any more to avoid getting OT.

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

My thoughts on respecting your elders...

I don’t go by this to the degree that I will allow any disrespect from someone older than me slide just because said person is older. Respect is a two-way street. I’ve known some older folks who think they can be complete jerks and not be called out simply because they’re even slightly older. Yeah, sorry, doesn’t work that way for this gal. I also don’t talk down to those who are younger than me simply because I’m older. We should ALL try to be respectful of one another.

However, I think it takes a lot more nerve to be rude to someone who’s much older, self-made, has a lot more seniority than you at work, tried her best to be kind and professional no matter how hard someone makes it, and is no dummy. I won’t say any more to avoid getting OT.

Well put. Totally agree.  Before my Gma passed she got quite angry. I think it was her illness but it made it very hard.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

There was a tweet (or maybe it was a Facebook comment) that I read yesterday telling Meghan she should respect Joy because of her age and she is the elder statesman of The View.    I can't remember where I read it--maybe it was a response to one of Meghan's tweets.  Wherever it was, I'm thinking Meghan read it.  It was too out of the blue that she made that remark about age.

It was a Rosie ODonnell post or article saying that MM should respect Joy as the elder stateswoman. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

I just saw a Young Turks video” Ana dunking Megan “ which was about yesterdays show.  It really nails her and her self importance and making everything about herself ,including being the victim of her father not being able to hold her up.  Mocks her head bobbing and unnecessary  face making. Hope it’s not off topic because it is about yesterday’s show. Wish I could link. 

Did  I Hear Hyperbole ? I’ve got vodka that’s been in refrig for 2 years and airplane size wine neither sound good at 11:30 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, xingu said:

As I said earlier, I love The View's Pride segments, but this Chef Art and the Bear Assed chef was a little over the top.  I never knew Fried Chicken and Bolognese Macaroni Lasagna were my people's food.  The things you learn on The View.

I can't wait to have my next queer dinner party where I serve that combo.

I love those segments too.  I hope they continue them. That would make a neat book.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Tammee said:

It was a Rosie ODonnell post or article saying that MM should respect Joy as the elder stateswoman. 

That's it--thanks!  I read an article about Rosie's appearance on Andy Cohen's show where she said that.  I'm sure Meghan watches that show.

• Love 8
(edited)
16 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I just saw a Young Turks video” Ana dunking Megan “ which was about yesterdays show.  It really nails her and her self importance and making everything about herself ,including being the victim of her father not being able to hold her up.  Mocks her head bobbing and unnecessary  face making. Hope it’s not off topic because it was about yesterday’s show. Wish I could link. 

It's in Meghan's thread.

It's pretty hilarious.  They definitely nail Meghan. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, debbie311 said:

She basically just blew it off.  She is so ignorant and low-class she is bringing down the entire program.

Whoa!  "Low Class."  If she sees it that will really get her going!  👑👑🤪

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Well, I don’t. I don’t demand respect just because I was born before someone and I’m not respecting someone just because they’re older. Respect is earned. Always.

I don't either...and Joy is the age of my YOUNGER sister.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SPinCA said:

I don’t love my country more than anything else and don’t know anyone else who does. You can bet if ever my safety was in jeopardy in this country I would be taking my family and moving. There’s patriotism and then there’s ridiculousness. People with Meghan’s level of “patriotism” scare me actually.

I agree.  My mother in law grew up in a communist country and chanting of USA makes her uncomfortable.  Not because she isn't proud to be a citizen or live here, it reminds her of the nationalism she grew up around.

• Useful 3
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Miss Slay said:

Surely then she calls her 107yr-old grandmother "Bitch," because it's all in fun and she doesn't take age into consideration when speaking to people.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

Meghan was being deliberately obtuse.  No it is not illegal to be gay in this country.  However it is legal in a lot of states to make life very unpleasant for gay people. This is not first time she has brought up Iran's treatment of gay people.  She does it to say see the USA isn't so bad after all.

• Love 17

It's easy for Meghan to say she loves this country and blah blah blah.  This country has been good to Meghan.  Other people here have not had the same experiences as her and aren't so enamored of this country we live in.  But of course Meghan has no empathy for them.

• Love 24
(edited)
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan was being deliberately obtuse.  No it is not illegal to be gay in this country.  However it is legal in a lot of states to make life very unpleasant for gay people. This is not first time she has brought up Iran's treatment of gay people.  She does it to say see the USA isn't so bad after all.

Megan has always used that tactic to push back on any criticism regarding the USA. Yes, we have rights in this country but there is a history of passing laws that circumvent laws that are meant to protect the rights of persecuted minorities.  Every American has the right to vote in this country  as mandated by the constitution but there are laws passed that are meant to keep certain people from voting.

Also, trans women are being murdered around this country, so LGBT people are killed in this country.  Trans women of color on average don't live past  the age of 35. What an ignorant bitch!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Surely then she calls her 107yr-old grandmother "Bitch," because it's all in fun and she doesn't take age into consideration when speaking to people.

I’m picturing her calling her gram “bitch” like “MERRY CHRISTMAS BITCH!” and I’m laughing so hard!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

When Meghan said she’s going to watch for gaffes and people to choke when they’re on TV tonight, I thought, bitch, that’s the same way I watch your moronic ass everyday on The View 😃

I didn’t watch the show today, but this is so childish. And she expects people to take her seriously as a political pundit with this mindset?

• Love 15
(edited)
57 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

When Meghan said she’s going to watch for gaffes and people to choke when they’re on TV tonight

I expect to see her tomorrow with a thick stack of blue cards that have been prepared for her.

MM wants celebrity gays to be her friends to draw more attention to herself; I doubt she knows or cares about what the average gay person faces.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 17

@Cementhead posted a link in to the Daily Mail in Nutmeg's topic.  It is about yesterday's disaster of a show and it is hilarious and totally believable.

BTW, I am Canadian, and I knew NutMeg was talking about the wrong woman because I actually watch the news and pay attention, so how she can blame this on her producers, I don't know. 

Manic McCain  

• Love 18

The way that Meghan said that Iran shot down an American drone and bombed a tanker, and after Whoopi pointed out that there were questions over those situations and she responded something like: "well I still stand by my point" tells us everything we need to know about Meghan's attitude to facts. Basically what she desires to be true is true, dammit! I can't stand this idea we have now that everyone's personal opinions are facts.

Whoopi was really good today on that whole discussion. Also, I've said this before, but Meghan keeps bringing up gays being thrown off buildings in Iran. From my understanding, that happened/happens in the Islamic State, not Iran. Now Iran has the death penalty for homosexuality, so it ain't no paradise for gay people over there, but why make up what's happening? Same with "women are stoned in the streets for wearing a tank top", I don't think that's true. The morality police arrest women, if the women happen to be unlucky enough to be pulled aside by them (plenty of women in places like Tehran are successfully pushing and pushing the clothing rules every day), they will be asked to cover up, if unable to, will be taken to a police station until a member of their family can bring clothes to cover them with.

This is worthy of criticism enough without Meghan's "gays are thrown off buildings and women are stoned in the street" speech. I suppose this is an example of what she likes to continually remind us of, that she's been around politics since she was in utero, because the people she has been surrounded by since that time hardly had a view of international politics more nuanced than: "ooh, they're evil, we should bomb them."

I can't stand people with the type of patriotism Meghan exhibits either. It's disturbing. Notice how loving their country always lines up with their own morals and views on how to do things? Easy then to imply that people who think differently to you are somehow traitorous, because no one loves the country more than you.

• Love 24

The old announcer lady is off-site in California. Maybe it’s Venice. It’s the town that has canals as streets. Cute AF. She lives on a canal street, and the studio is in her house set up facing the water. She has her script, and if it changes they email her new words, or call her with it. I saw this on tv and I don’t think it was the view. Lol. Anyone else?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

The way that Meghan said that Iran shot down an American drone and bombed a tanker, and after Whoopi pointed out that there were questions over those situations and she responded something like: "well I still stand by my point" tells us everything we need to know about Meghan's attitude to facts.

This is a trait that she has in common with the guy in the White House (as Whoopie would say).

• Love 16
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Oh, and while I'm being bitchy - Meaghan, mon ami -   When you are a plus-size woman and you're talking about how your dad came back from Vietnam with effects from being tortured,  and you say "my father couldn't lift me up", without qualifying it with "when I was a baby," I'm going to snicker.  Because I'm a bitch.

First of all, she’s a size 12😉. And second, not every plus size woman would elicit that response.  Just the narcissistic, egomaniac, daughters of John McCain! 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SuzieSioux said:

The way that Meghan said that Iran shot down an American drone and bombed a tanker, and after Whoopi pointed out that there were questions over those situations and she responded something like: "well I still stand by my point" tells us everything we need to know about Meghan's attitude to facts. Basically what she desires to be true is true, dammit! I can't stand this idea we have now that everyone's personal opinions are facts.

Whoopi was really good today on that whole discussion. Also, I've said this before, but Meghan keeps bringing up gays being thrown off buildings in Iran. From my understanding, that happened/happens in the Islamic State, not Iran. Now Iran has the death penalty for homosexuality, so it ain't no paradise for gay people over there, but why make up what's happening? Same with "women are stoned in the streets for wearing a tank top", I don't think that's true. The morality police arrest women, if the women happen to be unlucky enough to be pulled aside by them (plenty of women in places like Tehran are successfully pushing and pushing the clothing rules every day), they will be asked to cover up, if unable to, will be taken to a police station until a member of their family can bring clothes to cover them with.

This is worthy of criticism enough without Meghan's "gays are thrown off buildings and women are stoned in the street" speech. I suppose this is an example of what she likes to continually remind us of, that she's been around politics since she was in utero, because the people she has been surrounded by since that time hardly had a view of international politics more nuanced than: "ooh, they're evil, we should bomb them."

I can't stand people with the type of patriotism Meghan exhibits either. It's disturbing. Notice how loving their country always lines up with their own morals and views on how to do things? Easy then to imply that people who think differently to you are somehow traitorous, because no one loves the country more than you.

I was shocked she was so dismissive of the fact she could possibly be wrong about something like that. 

I agree, Whoopi owned that discussion. With Whoopi, sometimes she completely loses me, and then other times I'm like, YES! Bring the wisdom Whoop Whoop. 

Regarding what I bolded, while I admire Meghan's father in many ways and appreciate his service, he had a lot of views that completely put me off. Also, speaking of Iran, he joked about bombing the country. Meghan can hardly laugh at anything, but her father joked about something as serious and violent as that. 

This entire post is spot-on.

• Love 15
(edited)

Do you think Meghan McCain had a few shots before she came on the show? She was  so gleeful, giggly and rambling on and on in a more than usual weird way. I loved the looks on the faces of Joy and Sunny when MM was blabbering on about the camera work in Iran. They are not even trying to hide their disgust. The show is more of a train wreck every day thanks to McCain. 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 11

Sunny looks very nice in her dress today; classic black is good on her.   But that hair!!   Too much, too fake, looks too hot.    I can't imagine lugging all that around on my head on a hot humid summer day.

Nutmeg, on the other hand, seems to have adopted a more natural look with hers.   I hate saying it, but she looks good lately with the shorter, more natural look.   Is it her god-given hair or just more natural looking fake locks?

• Love 5
(edited)

I’m surprised that I agree pretty much with their take on the debate. Even with Meg. Julian Castro did great. 

“How can you convince us you’re not for open borders?”  Start by listening to what he just told you, Meg. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Nutmeg, on the other hand, seems to have adopted a more natural look with hers.   I hate saying it, but she looks good lately with the shorter, more natural look.   Is it her god-given hair or just more natural looking fake locks?

I'm pretty sure Meg got rid of her old extensions, and recently had something like a Brazilian blowout, which makes your hair super-straight and shiny like that. 

4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I’m surprised that I agree pretty much with their take on the debate. Even with Meg. Julian Castro did great. 

Yeah, poor Meghan, who said she was going to watch just for the gaffes and blunders.  She was probably bored.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Top ABC News executive James Goldston is Meghan's biggest fan. Despite what she's done to morale behind the scenes at the show and despite the viewer feedback on her being dreadful, he's enamored with her family legacy. 

Family legacy?  I thought the employees were supposed to suck up to the boss and not the other way around.

• Love 19