Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/24/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Swalwell was quoting Biden who said "pass the torch" when Biden was a failed candidate for president 32 years ago.  Why didn't MM swipe at Biden?  She's been "in politics" since she was in the womb, so certainly she was watching debates as a toddler.

Great point! I hadn't thought of it that way.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:
1 hour ago, Jewell2 said:

(Why won’t her producer tell her it’s pronounced Jill-a-brand?).

Because apparently he is a Motherfucker.

And didn't Meghan call him out by that endearing term?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jewell2 said:

Meghan - agism goes both ways.  She screams about Swalwell’s age swipe at Biden, and in the same breath, swipes at Mayor Pete

She? She who screeched across the table the other day (referring to her rudeness to Joy) that AGE doesn't matter to her.  She is not ageist?  She who Screeches?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Talk about hyperbole - that would be Meghan screeching at the top of her lungs that Killibrand bombed last night.

Have to catch up on this week's shows. Finally watching today, and the irony is that as I watched Gillibrand last night, I kept thinking of how much she reminded me of McCain. Voice, tone, and attitude. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan has to say one more thing

One More Thing*.   This should be the name of your new show, Meghan.  Now get off The View and start producing!  You is pretty. You is smart. You is important.

*Or maybe, "Can I Say Something?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Why didn't MM swipe at Biden? 

Do you really need to ask?  Uncle Joe held her hand as she wept about her father. 

I must say (tm MM) the panel might think it’s agist but Uncle Joe looked tired and old last night. It’s going to be interesting to see who appeals to those folks Meg was talking about (are there coal miners in WI?)— the old but safe candidates or the fresh, younger ones. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I think I saw that on a t-shirt once.

I have had a blissful View-free week.  All my love and appreciation going out to you lovely people who can still stomach the psycho hose beast because you keep this place going. 

Because apparently he is a Motherfucker.

One of my very favorite words

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Last election everything was about Bernie with Joy. This time it’s Biden. I wonder why the switch. 

Biden is the safe choice in her mind. I get it but Biden needs to motivate the youth who are the future..

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, mongoose said:

Meghan is just plain mean, and I can't stand her. Thinking about sending her a neck brace, so she can keep her head and neck on the same wave length, in addition to stopping her from constantly looking at the audience for her side comments. 

HaHA!   And add some blinders for good measure.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jewell2 said:

(Why won’t her producer tell her it’s pronounced Jill-a-brand?).  

I don't blame the motherfucker for just letting Meghan make herself look stupid.  A month or two ago there was a female producer who left after 19(?) years; I wonder if MM had anything to do with it.  There certainly are grounds for toxic workplace complaints against MM.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

Cement Head...thank you for your wise post,  I am not watching this shit show any more either. And I thought all the ladies except that strange one on the end last night did very very well. Harris was ON FIRE. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I am also not watching this scripted reality television mess anymore. This shit is no different than Real Housewives or Jerry Springer except that it is being called the most influential daytime political tv show. Are there any other daytime political shows on network tv during the week? Seems like a rather dubious distinction. Sort of like a talk show winning a contest in which they are the only participants.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

The snarling, high pitched screeching, and the obnoxious way she considers herself some political expert were all too much today. The way she interrogated Pete Buttigieg with her smug, contemptuous face (accented with shiny red twitchy lips) made me want to puke. I wonder if Ana has had too much of putting up with Meghan McCain. I hope not. She is a brilliant political commentator who makes MM look like a very ignorant little spoiled brat. I'm glad they are on break next week.

(Why do I watch this? It makes me angry and sad, so I must be a masochist. I don't need more anger in my life at my age.) 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 21

So many bizarre things from NutMeg today:

• I think she meant to say intergenerational but she said intersegenerational ...even the CC picked it up that way. 🙃
  • NutMeg screeching at Joy when Joy was making the point about whether voters will actually vote for a woman.  She interrupted her to screech-ask why she was looking at her, she has a vagina, and then she wriggled around on her stool. ♀️
  • Interrupting Chris Christie, who completely ignored her as did the panel and the audience, to screech that now he knows what her life is like being yelled at every day just because she is the only Republican. ❄️
  • NutMeg getting defensive when she thought Ana was taking a swipe at her, when she talked about Williamson taking up valuable space.  She snarl-screeched that she did not want her on the stage, she was just reacting, and Ana had to point out that she wasn't talking about her, as NutMeg shifted again on her stool. 😕
  • NutMeg unable to close the segment with CC, we can hear her screeching "I am trying" while he is talking, presumably to the people talking in her head, then Joy had to intervene to tell CC that they had to go, and he said okay, and then NutMeg continues to screech-whine that she was trying to close the segment and it awkwardly goes to break. 😀
  • LOL 6
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

One More Thing*.   This should be the name of your new show, Meghan.  Now get off The View and start producing!  You is pretty. You is smart. You is important.

*Or maybe, "Can I Say Something?"

Brilliant! I wish I could both love this and laugh at it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 6/25/2019 at 10:33 PM, Alexis2291 said:

She’s stated on several occasions that she’s seeing a therapist. I’m starting to wonder if this “therapist” is a figment of her imagination... maybe it’s a code name for bourbon... 

Drs. Jack Daniel and Jim Beam. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 6/28/2019 at 2:19 PM, Kenz said:

The snarling, high pitched screeching, and the obnoxious way she considers herself some political expert were all too much today. The way she interrogated Pete Buttigieg with her smug, contemptuous face (accented with shiny red twitchy lips) made me want to puke. I wonder if Ana has had too much of putting up with Meghan McCain. I hope not. She is a brilliant political commentator who makes MM look like a very ignorant little spoiled brat. I'm glad they are on break next week.

(Why do I watch this? It makes me angry and sad, so I must be a masochist. I don't need more anger in my life at my age.) 

I know what you mean.  Im inpatiently waiting for Ana to go off on her too.  The problem is she talks so fast, MM wont catch any of it except the very last sentence.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

Meghan acts as if she and Chris Christie are political pundits at the same level, but he does not need to read his thoughts off blue cards.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)

MM, don't blame the producer's for you not doing your homework.  You knew the issues to be discussed.  Take your head out of your Twitter and study the Hot Topics.  You have no one to blame but yourself.

Mr. Christie, you have such a great intellect, but are missing the gene of logic. Virtually everyone thinks you directed BridgeGate.  That's why your political career ended.  And your beached whale body on the shore of Jersey while your government was shut down, didn't help matters.

But as we bring Pride Month to an end I must give Mr. Christie credit for not only changing his opinion on gays: he not only rightly called it "innate", but also championed a law against "gay-conversion" therapy.  Making NJ the second state to outlaw gay conversion therapy. 

Kudos to you Mr. US Attorney of the District of New Jersey, or Mr. Chair of the Opiod and Drug Abuse Commission, or Mr. President of Livington High School or Mr. Governor of NJ.  Thank you, not just go by Mr.

I love Ana.  Her wit, her self-deprecating humor, her Latina self-awareness, her calling a spade a spade, her embodying her body, her finding love late in life with a man late in life.  I just adore her.

And for the record, I am so tired of these ladies giving honorific titles. We fought a Revolutionary War to get rid of this carry-over Lord and Lady bullshit.   Mr. Vice President (no, you are the former Vice President), Ambassador So-and-So (no, you are the former Ambassador).  How are we to know who is the current So-and-So if there are so many people using the same titles? 

According to Miss Manners regarding titles:

"Another rule is that there is only one president of the United States at a time. Former presidents do not hold the title.  They are-correctly and respectfully-called ''Mr.''"

I assume she would say the same for Vice-Presidents, Senators, Congressional members, etc.

I fully blame this on the suck-up media.  Both sides.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, xingu said:

I love Ana.  Her wit, her self-deprecating humor, her Latina self-awareness, her calling a spade a spade, her embodying her body, her finding love late in life with a man late in life.  I just adore her.

This bears repeating, Xingu!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, xingu said:

According to Miss Manners regarding titles:

"Another rule is that there is only one president of the United States at a time. Former presidents do not hold the title.  They are-correctly and respectfully-called ''Mr.''"

I assume she would say the same for Vice-Presidents, Senators, Congressional members, etc.

And then there's this:   In the United States, the formal rules are that only senators, governors, presidents, and officers in the armed forces retain their courtesy titles after leaving office. ... Protocol does not require that you address former secretaries, representatives,ambassadors, or other functionaries by their former titles.

• Love 3
(edited)

At least retired officers in the armed forces put "Ret." after their names.  It must get confusing at funerals when 4 presidents show up. At GHW Bush's funeral there were 5 "Mr. Presidents" in the room, unless death ends the US courtesy titles protocol.

Edited by deirdra

I was really annoyed about the discussion of the Democratic candidates on Friday's show.  Biden, Beto, Kamala, mayor Pete.    Excuse me?   Why are they suddenly pretending Elizabeth Warren doesn't exist?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

18A30DF6-8E4B-47FB-B11F-CB2F094EA834.jpeg

I read Howard's book last week. He had a Barbara Walters interview as well as a Rosie O'Donnell interview.  I have never listened to him because I'm not a fan but the interviews in the book were very good.  I'm kinda surprised Meghan's PR people haven't got her a spot on his show.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I read Howard's book last week. He had a Barbara Walters interview as well as a Rosie O'Donnell interview.  I have never listened to him because I'm not a fan but the interviews in the book were very good.  I'm kinda surprised Meghan's PR people haven't got her a spot on his show.

I enjoyed the HS segs, but not looking forward to the multiple screechings of 'Bababooey'!  Damn theres #1......

On 7/1/2019 at 8:35 AM, blondiec0332 said:

She was on his show in October, 2015. She actually mentioned being on his show during the recent appearance of Howard Stern on The View.

• Love 1
On 7/1/2019 at 10:30 AM, Tammee said:

I enjoyed the HS segs, but not looking forward to the multiple screechings of 'Bababooey'!  Damn theres #1......

They must have listened and deleted the other screechings of bababooey.  I only heard it once.  Maybe im getting better at blocking things out lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Tammee said:

They must have listened and deleted the other screechings of bababooey.  I only heard it once.  Maybe im getting better at blocking things out lol

I remember hearing her say it more than once, but I think she thought no one heard her "clever" and "in" comment, so she said it again. And again.

• LOL 3
On 6/30/2019 at 11:03 PM, tinkerbell said:

I was really annoyed about the discussion of the Democratic candidates on Friday's show.  Biden, Beto, Kamala, mayor Pete.    Excuse me?   Why are they suddenly pretending Elizabeth Warren doesn't exist?  

That really bugged me too during the Great Debate lol.  But they opened with her, first or second to speak, and then they totally ignored her the rest of the debate. Needless to say i was pissed

• Love 1
On 7/2/2019 at 10:08 PM, HaaCHOO said:

I remember hearing her say it more than once, but I think she thought no one heard her "clever" and "in" comment, so she said it again. And again.

She wanted to "prove" she was a listener of Howard's show, as only a listener would know the origin of that phrase.  She's so like a child.  It reminds me of when Whoopi was telling a story about Ana and Sunny visiting her in the hospital, and Meghan interjected, "We all visited you."  And then Whoopi had to placate the baby.

By the way, if anyone is wondering about the origin of Baba Bouie, about 20-25 years ago, Gary, Howard's producer, referred to Quick Draw McGraw's burro friend, Baba Louie, as Baba Bouie.  Howard had a great laugh at that and he and others on the show started to refer to Gary as Baba Bouie.  Then some of Howard's die-hard fans would call up news shows and yell, "Baba Bouie!"  So it became a thing.  I was always a Howard fan, but I thought it was disgraceful for these fans to interrupt a serious news show with that nonsense.    

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

She wanted to "prove" she was a listener of Howard's show, as only a listener would know the origin of that phrase.  She's so like a child.  It reminds me of when Whoopi was telling a story about Ana and Sunny visiting her in the hospital, and Meghan interjected, "We all visited you."  And then Whoopi had to placate the baby.

By the way, if anyone is wondering about the origin of Baba Bouie, about 20-25 years ago, Gary, Howard's producer, referred to Quick Draw McGraw's burro friend, Baba Louie, as Baba Bouie.  Howard had a great laugh at that and he and others on the show started to refer to Gary as Baba Bouie.  Then some of Howard's die-hard fans would call up news shows and yell, "Baba Bouie!"  So it became a thing.  I was always a Howard fan, but I thought it was disgraceful for these fans to interrupt a serious news show with that nonsense.    

Yeah, theyd also try to photobomb news reporters giving their segments  (though it wasnt called that then) and then scream Bababooey!