Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/24/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

the view youtube uploaded an edited version of the discussion about the border. During the show they talked for about 8 mins., the clip they put up is 4 mins. They left out a few minutes of the beginning and a few minutes of the end.

• Love 1
(edited)

That clip cut out the whole part at the beginning where Meg mistook the children’s advocate for the attorney that argued that the kids don’t need soap. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

TIMES A MILLION, MovingTargetGal !!!    Thank you...sadly...THANK YOU!

Let’s pray to the Fertility Gods that she does  not buckle to her religious in laws and decide to reproduce. They both will be shit parents.    A fact 

The drinking game now includes every time she says her favorite new word hyperbole. She’s said it a half a dozen times recently.    That reminds me of a favorite comic of mine whose one tour was called The Epitome of Hyperbole. Think it was in reference to people who try to sound smarter than they are.   

Edited by athousandclowns
It’s shit not shot parents
  • Love 12

MM instead of Sunny should have made the clarifications at the end of the show that she got the lawyers wrong. I didn't know the lawyers names so I was wondering why Whoopi and Joy's were looking so confused when MM was talking. MM seem to be having trouble completing sentences when she isn't looking at her blue cards. I'm appreciate Joy bringing up the Gone with the Wind scene. Some people don't view certain actions as assault/rape.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Meghan is such a narcissist.

She realizes on some level that she has done nothing on her own to get to where she is. It's all reflected glory from her father. So of course, since he is her only reason for fame/infamy:

• No one has ever been more missed after their passing
  • No one has ever been a greater man
  • No one has ever been tortured like he was tortured.
  • Anyone claiming to even come close must be belittled.
  • And that's Meghan's self-esteem in a nutshell (emphasis on "nut")

Besides her basically defending torture - and not giving an inch when Sunny said "it's pretty gross that we're arguing over want to call it, instead of that it exists at all," it was like she didn't even hear Sunny - I was stunned when she demanded to Joy, "LET ME TALK." Because, of course, we all remember that Meghan thinks it's Joy's "job" to "listen to me."

She is really a waste of oxygen.

Add to the list - No one's cancer is as bad as her father's cancer.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, debbie311 said:

She is just a mean, bitter, nasty person.  She really needs to be getting some professional help.  It is getting really old and boring, the fact that she has to turn every situation around to relate to her father.

She’s stated on several occasions that she’s seeing a therapist. I’m starting to wonder if this “therapist” is a figment of her imagination... maybe it’s a code name for bourbon... 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
(edited)

Did you guys see how the ladies were eating like they had never had a meal. Whoopie in particular who claims to never eat had her head down the whole time. Stuffing her face is the only time the all knowing sage is not pontificating on subjects she knows nothing about. I find it extremely rude for the ladies to eat in front of the audience like they are not there. Why can't they have some of the food be given to them. 

I think that I will be taking a break from the view. I will read the comments on here but I have had it. Megan not giving a damn about immigrant children being treated worst than the worst criminals in our prisons was the last straw for me.  What has been going on at the border has been very depressing for me and to see someone like Megan using her father's past as POW to minimize what has been going on was just too much.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

The drinking game now includes every time she says her favorite new word hyperbole. She’s said it a half a dozen times recently.     

I think when Joy used it a few weeks ago may have been the first time Meghan's heard of the word and now it's her fun new word to use.  🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Did you guys see how the ladies were eating like they had never had a meal. Whoopie in particular who claims to never eat had her head down the whole time. Stuffing her face is the only time the all knowing sage is not pontificating on subjects she knows nothing about. I find it extremely rude for the ladies to eat in front of the audience like they are not there. Why can't they have some of the food be given to them. 

I think that I will be taking a break from the view. I will read the comments on here but I have had it. Megan not giving a damn about immigrant children being treated worst than the worst criminals in our prisons was the last straw for me.  What has been going on at the border has been very depressing for me and to see someone like Megan using her father's past as POW to minimize what has been going on was just too much.  

Au contraire mon ami ... The Whoopster has always been a glutton when it comes to free food!!!

I know how you feel & I am also really fed up with the nonsense Miss Meggie is allowed to spew with impunity.  Please don't go!!  Your opinion is valued!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

^^^^ x 1000 ^^^^

These little kids are likely going to grow up to be angry (twisted) teens & young adults that may take their frustrations out on those close to them or random people who are just in the wrong place.  Just sayin'.

Thats what im afraid of too @Medicine Crow that we're creating a group of sociopaths.  I dont know the professional names but they are going to suffer for a long time and i hope TPTB dont wait for something to happen before they act on it.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Many of these kids are going to end up with Reactive Attachment Disorder, which is much worse.  

Without forming attachments to caregivers, they don't develop empathy, a sense of morals.  Just like the kids adopted from Romanian orphanages in the 80's and 90's, who have difficulty forming healthy attachments. 

Omg those orphanages were beyond horrific!  You dont hear much since those specials aired years and years ago.  Someone should do a f/u.  (and maybe get an idea of whats to come)

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think when Joy used it a few weeks ago may have been the first time Meghan's heard of the word and now it's her fun new word to use.  🙄

Alright!  Who gave MM the new word of the day desk calendar??  Fess up!  I know one of ya did it!  😎  kidding.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, falltime said:

MM instead of Sunny should have made the clarifications at the end of the show that she got the lawyers wrong. I didn't know the lawyers names so I was wondering why Whoopi and Joy's were looking so confused when MM was talking. MM seem to be having trouble completing sentences when she isn't looking at her blue cards. I'm appreciate Joy bringing up the Gone with the Wind scene. Some people don't view certain actions as assault/rape.

And let us not forget Luke and Laura.  That was a big controversy back in the day.  P.S. i think Sunny was given the task of reading the notices because she is the legal eagle on set.  Even though its just reading an email.  Theres nothing new there denial, cease and desist yada yada.  What they should do is make MM repeat the clarification at the beginning of the next ep.  P.P.S.  thank goodness for that edit button!  LOL

Edited by Tammee
Added x3
  • Love 6

I keep wondering if there exists such a cold-hearted former American POW who -- like Meghan said today -- would be willing to publicly say that the migrant children being kept in concentration camps at the border don't have it so bad, compared to what they went through.

I have always found that people who have been through tough times have a thousand times more empathy for people who are going through something similar... particularly children!

George Takei, who was in a WWII American interment camp, has spoken out strongly on behalf of the children.

I would really like for someone who has been a POW to tell her to shove her "no one has suffered like a POW" schtick where the sun don't shine and to pretend to have some empathy.

I mean, sick and abused kids, and she paints a picture of false equivalence that they're getting off easy because they aren't in the Hanoi Hilton (which she has visited!) - who even thinks like that?!

• Love 20

I am still not over how sick MM was today.

Not so much in the "my daddy suffered more!" but in the uncompassionate way about a lot of older (7-9yr) kids taking care of babes in the same diaper for days, and drinking from formula bottles that had not been sterilized. And all had not doctor care, supervision, help.

I have been thinking about this all day (and especially tonight with new examples). 

Meghan is awful to whine her dad could not pick her up - when these babies are not picked up at all. At least MM could feel loved and protected and secure. But - she has not a shred of compassion about the children at the border.

• Love 15
(edited)
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Whoopie in particular who claims to never eat had her head down the whole time.

In fairness, WG has claimed to be a picky eater, but she does love her fried chicken and mac 'n cheese.  Not to mention her two obsessions:  doughnuts and potato chips.  She didn't get that ass eating salad (which she hates).

As I said earlier, I love The View's Pride segments, but this Chef Art and the Bear Assed chef was a little over the top.  I never knew Fried Chicken and Bolognese Macaroni Lasagna were my people's food.  The things you learn on The View.

I can't wait to have my next queer dinner party where I serve that combo.

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Au contraire mon ami ... The Whoopster has always been a glutton when it comes to free food!!!

I know how you feel & I am also really fed up with the nonsense Miss Meggie is allowed to spew with impunity.  Please don't go!!  Your opinion is valued!!!

Lol, thank you for reminding me of Meghan's ridiculous over the top reaction to Joy's french😂. What else can we expect from a woman that proudly announced she used to call French fries,  Freedom Fries😄😄😄

I agree with@Medicine Crow it's hard to watch but I enjoy everyone's take on the show. Please don't leave.

• Love 15
(edited)
3 hours ago, xingu said:

As I said earlier, I love The View's Pride segments, but this Chef Art and the Bear Assed chef was a little over the top.  I never knew Fried Chicken and Bolognese Macaroni Lasagna were my people's food.  The things you learn on The View.

I can't wait to have my next queer dinner party where I serve that combo.

I also saw that naked chef on RHoNY. It was pretty gross. Meghan said the Ladies (RHoNY)were happy with him, they were drunk out of their minds. I personally think they were all  grossed out by a naked chef. I don't judge if you want cook naked you do you. But I dont think I'd want a stranger's  bare hairy ass in my kitchen cooking anything.  What an odd concept. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

Well, I guess her $28K/year high school tuition at Phoenix Country Day didn't teach her foreign languages, or quite frankly any language that humans can understand.  Who the fuck, under the age of 12, does not understand "Au Contraire, Mon Ami"  

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 8
  • Love 15

Even my queer friends would be like: OK, that's cute, but now go put on some clothes before I get a pube in salad.  Now for dessert, that's would be a different story.  I kid.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, xingu said:

Well, I guess her $28K/year high school tuition at Phoenix Country Day didn't teach her foreign languages, or quite frankly any language that humans can understand.  Who the fuck, under the age of 12, does not understand "Au Contraire, Mon Ami"  

I know, right? She never watched Looney Tunes as a kid? I assumed she had, since her personality is basically Yosemite Sam with a self-pity complex.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
(edited)

Hyperbole again. 

How dare a country that throws women in jail for wearing a tank top criticize a country that throws 6yos in cages. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13

She  seems to think that when her father died, she inherited whatever expertise he might have had on political matters.  She expects people to believe that and actually listen to her nonsense.   What a joke she is.  Again, can’t have much respect for anyone that raised such a creature.  

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

She  seems to think that when her father died, she inherited whatever expertise he might have had on political matters.  She expects people to believe that and actually listen to her nonsense.

That is a very good description of Meghan's behavior.  She really does think she is now her father and should be afforded the same respect he received.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

And when people express concern over what her family, mainly her Mother and Grandmother must think of her behaviour I always have to bite my tongue.  They raised her!  They know!  And a 30 year old doesn't magically become an asshole in their 30s.  They were allowed to be a little 3 year old asshole and so on..

True but she has siblings and as far as I know they aren't trying to make a name for themselves by using the last name McCain.

• Love 7
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

True but she has siblings and as far as I know they aren't trying to make a name for themselves by using the last name McCain.

True.  So Meghan is probably the only asshole in the family then. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Who in the media said exactly that we're no better than Iran?  Maybe someone did, but not "the media in general" like Meghan said. 

in accusing the media of hyperbole, Meghan was engaging in hyperbole herself.

I wonder if she even realizes it, or cares.

• Love 11

Her apology at the end of the show yesterday -- "Sorry, I screwed up."  So very thoughtful and sincere.  She basically just blew it off.  She is so ignorant and low-class she is bringing down the entire program.

• Love 21
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

True.  So Meghan is probably the only asshole in the family then. 

I seriously doubt that. The rest of her family is not on TV.  So we can't speak on their attitudes and behavior.  I just doubt that Meghan inherited every asshole gene in the McCain family,  just saying. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I seriously doubt that. The rest of her family is not on TV.  So we can't speak on their attitudes and behavior.  I just doubt that Meghan inherited every asshole gene in the McCain family,  just saying. 

Yes, maybe there was plenty to go around.   Like everybody's else's families. 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

Yes, maybe there was plenty to go around.   Like everybody's else's families. 😁

Exactly.  Meghan is just on display in all her assholery on Television.  Hell even the sainted daddy McCain was known be an ass at times.😄

We don't know the family McCain might encourage and nuture asshole attitudes.  I tend to believe that. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Who in the media said exactly that we're no better than Iran?  Maybe someone did, but not "the media in general" like Meghan said. 

in accusing the media of hyperbole, Meghan was engaging in hyperbole herself.

I wonder if she even realizes it, or cares.

We should call her “hyper bully” since she loves hyperbole so much

• LOL 12
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

She’s stated on several occasions that she’s seeing a therapist. I’m starting to wonder if this “therapist” is a figment of her imagination... maybe it’s a code name for bourbon...

Yes! I saw her therapist last night. He makes you feel good during the session, but turns you into a grouchy bitch the next day,

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Her apology at the end of the show yesterday -- "Sorry, I screwed up."  So very thoughtful and sincere.  She basically just blew it off.  She is so ignorant and low-class she is bringing down the entire program.

But much earlier n the show, when she was corrected, she looked off camera and said something about not knowing the clip, and then "thanks guys,"  to someone off camera.  Basically blaming the show producers for her screw-up, when she could have watched the video that was playing, instead of assuming it was the other video.  The whole segment was a total mess, because some of them were talking about Sarah Fabian, and others were talking about the not-Fabian woman in the clip, and only Meghan was conflating the two women.  

I cracked up when Joy said "Au contraire, mon ami" to Meghan.   I think they all know that the fighting and disrespect gets on peoples' nerves, and Joy was trying to be light-hearted about it.  So instead of saying "No, Meghan, you are WRONG,"  she uses a French phrase and a light and airy tone to convey the same thing.   And Meghan did NOT like it.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

When Joy said “I’m older than you” and Meghan started popping her neck, talking in upspeak and saying she wanted us all to know she doesn’t care about age 🙄🙄🙄🙄Is there anything Joy can say that won’t get her going? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14