Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/24/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Who was the woman Miss Meggie was criticizing in her opening diatribe, only to apologize in the next segment & the end of the show, saying she was wrong?  I'm confused!!!

"McCain went on a bizarre tangent about how the woman in the clip is “a holdover from the Obama administration” before realizing that she mixed up CNN’s guest with DOJ lawyer Sarah Fabian" (from a Decider recap of today's show)

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
(edited)

I hope this gov't is ready to cover the mental health issues they are raining down on these kids, starting with PTSD, minus the P.

Edited by Tammee
Added
  • Love 15

I didn't appreciate White man Seth MacFarlane calling issues people have with Dem candidates views on issues that affect them and not Seth, "small issues". If anyone wants to see what happens when you have a Dem candidate who doesn't support your issue, take a look at what is going on in Louisiana. How long are women, people of color and the LGBTQ community expected to give up their rights for the greater good of men like Seth?

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Zahdii said:

As much as I'd like it to be Joy who takes her down, I think it would really mess with her spoiled little rich girl mind if Whoopie does in instead.

Yeah, Whoopi, and "one of your best friends" is no longer here to grant your wishes--or cause punishments.

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Re: new announcer... at least she hasn't thanked "the makers of Apple & Eve for providing our audience members with bottles of their delicious Jews" yet

Thank you! I dont care for this new announcer.  Sorry, no offense to her.  I always thought the old announcer was Sara, even before she was on the panel.  I have a low alto voice too, and something abt this new one just doesnt hook me.  Is it a permanent change?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

"I have SEEN torture chambers, those are not torture chambers. "

I hope this is replayed on every late night talk show...starting with Seth Meyers'.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Jewell2 said:

I need to add to that-  there are other kinds of torture besides physical torture

And there are places other than the Hanoi Hilton for physical torture.  How is she able to become more and more idiotic? It's a gift.

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I hope this gov't is ready to cover the mental health issues they are raining down on these kids, starting with PTSD, minus the P.

^^^^ x 1000 ^^^^

These little kids are likely going to grow up to be angry (twisted) teens & young adults that may take their frustrations out on those close to them or random people who are just in the wrong place.  Just sayin'.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, Tammee said:
1 hour ago, pachebo said:

Re: new announcer... at least she hasn't thanked "the makers of Apple & Eve for providing our audience members with bottles of their delicious Jews" yet

Thank you! I dont care for this new announcer.  Sorry, no offense to her.  I always thought the old announcer was Sara, even before she was on the panel.  I have a low alto voice too, and something abt this new one just doesnt hook me.  Is it a permanent change?

The new announcer is a mistake change!  The old announcer is the same voice on the Lifetime channel but don't think ABC and Lifetime are related.

Anyway, another reason to FF through the show. I have no idea how I watched this show not being recorded! DVR only from now on!!!

• Love 6
17 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan even brought up Aziz Ansari, but never explained - did she say something about him, and then took it back?  or did she believe the story, then not believe it? or vice versa?   The Aziz Ansari story was a rather insane one to begin with, that a woman was in his apartment, making out with him, Had her clothes off,  and he assumed she was consenting to sex, but never specifically ASKED.  Then later said she felt pressured.  I felt sorry for him at that point, because, I couldn't imagine that verbal consent was required in those circumstances.  Isn't kissing someone when you're naked  non-verbal consent? 

Anyway, Meghan was all over the place today, both on The View and on Twitter.  Usually I know what she's saying, but I disagree.  Today, I have no idea what she's trying to say.

Abt Aziz, when the news broke she ripped him a new one up and down, and i think cost him a few stand up gigs. Then as more and more details broke, she changed her thoughts but the damage was already done for his rep. I think thats what happ. yea, she cant solely be responsible for his rep, but it was an embarrassing  mea culpa

• Love 11

I just turned off when it turned out she was attacking the wrong lady. And it took me a minute to figure it because she wasn’t as apologetic as you would expect (no surprise I guess). I can’t do this today and I knew she would go on and make it all about John McCain yet again. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

I just turned off when it turned out she was attacking the wrong lady. And it took me a minute to figure it because she wasn’t as apologetic as you would expect (no surprise I guess). I can’t do this today and I knew she would go on and make it all about John McCain yet again. 

Good call. Apparently, being able to lift Meghan is the litmus test as to whether or not a situation can be called "torture." Also: the important part of the detained children at the border is NOT, as most of us would think, death and unimaginable human suffering; the important part is what we call it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Many of these kids are going to end up with Reactive Attachment Disorder, which is much worse.  

Without forming attachments to caregivers, they don't develop empathy, a sense of morals.  Just like the kids adopted from Romanian orphanages in the 80's and 90's, who have difficulty forming healthy attachments. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 14
40 minutes ago, OnTime said:

The new announcer is a mistake change!  The old announcer is the same voice on the Lifetime channel but don't think ABC and Lifetime are related.

Anyway, another reason to FF through the show. I have no idea how I watched this show not being recorded! DVR only from now on!!!

Hah yea, FF is my ffriend  🤪😽

• Love 6
(edited)
18 hours ago, tinkerbell said:
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

Not torture?  Those kids were living in pretty damned awful conditions before, otherwise they'd never have showed up at the border to begin with.  Then, once they got here, they were taken from their parents and forced to live in groups with other children and given the least amount of care possible. 

Watched by guards who may or may not speak their own language?  Check. 

Guards who may or may not treat them like children worthy of some kind of respect and kindness?  Check.

Needed medications prescribed by a doctor in their own country of origin withheld from them until an American doctor can see them, diagnose them, and prescribe new medicines?  Check.

Denied proper medical care for health issues that present themselves after being taken into custody?  Check.

Forced to live in cages, cells, or tents with only other migrant children to depend on?  Check.

Running the risk of physical, sexual, or mental abuse at the hands of their jailors or other children trapped in the same situation?  Check.

Not having a bed and only a mylar blanket for warmth?  Check.

No soap for washing or toothbrushes for dental care?  Check.

Denied reunification with parents, or relatives in a timely fashion?  Check.

Placed in the untenable position of being returned to their country of origin alone, put into long term foster care with no guarentee they'll be allowed to stay when they turn 18, placed for adoption despite their parents wishes, or simply lost in the system?  Check.

Being used as a platform for America First politicians, racist assholes, and a certain "political pundit" as examples of why being a white American is the only way to be?  Check.

Yeah, Meghan.  No torture there.  Those kids are living in some idyllic summer camp situation where they're all having a great time and don't miss their families at all.

If things are so peachy there perhaps those on the right that are supportive of it can place their kids there for summer day camp.  It would be just fine right??

Please ignore the Tinkerbell post above what I am quoting.  Didn't mean to include that one.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

@Tammee, the government can't even cover the mental health issues of people they didn't directly traumatize.

Very true.  These poor kids.  You just want to wrap your arms around them, hold them tight and coo softly to them that they are ok.  Youre taking them away, hopefully home and just soak them in love.  Its breaking my heart.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Dog help me for this and it goes against every one of my feminist sensibilities but watching her defend concentration camps-well fuck her.  Would he really ever have been able to lift her even without the injury? 

I am 52 years old, I can pick up a toddler but I cannot lift them over my head. Not to downplay his injuries or experience. Not being able to lift Meghan McCain is not torture but having to likely would be. I hope she gets diarrhea. Just because.

meghan mccain.jpg

I think she doubled down when she referenced how she starts everything with 'can i say something....'  which was being commented on i think yesterday.  Heehee creepity creep creep....

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

If it is not so bad, then maybe MM should spend a few weeks in the cage with no soap, blanket, or toothbrush, medical care, medicine or adequate food, shower and water.

Joy is looking like she feels better. Good for her. 

• Love 21

Ok, I am going against the tide here but I prefer the new announcer.  After I read comments here I rewound and listened to the new person.  I usually mute the beginning of the show from the opening “let’s go!!!” ( grrrrr...jarring)  to the rundown of upcoming topics (the previous announcer’s voice had a tone that was irritating to my TBI ears). And then comes the numerous “welcome to the View”, which seems to thrill the audience members but I would be willingly to bet a lot that many in the  home audience find tiresome and redundant.   are we stuck with that forever or will something replace it?  Pretty please? 🙏

and I really really hate to admit this, MMs hair has looked good this week......so far.  But she really is an ignorant dumbass.  I had commented here weeks ago about her ‘just one thing’ segue.  Others must have cuz now she calls it one of her tics 🤡👀

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

Ok, I am going against the tide here but I prefer the new announcer.  After I read comments here I rewound and listened to the new person.  I usually mute the beginning of the show from the opening “let’s go!!!” ( grrrrr...jarring)  to the rundown of upcoming topics (the previous announcer’s voice had a tone that was irritating to my TBI ears). And then comes the numerous “welcome to the View”, which seems to thrill the audience members but I would be willingly to bet a lot that many in the  home audience find tiresome and redundant.   are we stuck with that forever or will something replace it?  Pretty please? 🙏

and I really really hate to admit this, MMs hair has looked good this week......so far.  But she really is an ignorant dumbass.  I had commented here weeks ago about her ‘just one thing’ segue.  Others must have cuz now she calls it one of her tics 🤡👀

she calls every flaw she has a little "tic" She's rather die than admit to not being perfect 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Anthea84 said:

I think They let Nutmeg go last because this is the only way they all can talk.

Except she often interrupts the others.  The rule should be that she only gets to go last when she doesn't interrupt; if she does, she loses her turn for that segment.  Going last also makes it easier for Whoopi to cut to a commercial when MM goes off the deep end.

• Love 18
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hate Megan. She has spent months as a grown woman crying about her dad's disease and subsequent death. She cannot show any type of sympathy for these children who have been forced to be away from their parents and they are being mistreated by people who see them as subhumans. 

To Meghan, nothing is torture unless it's identical to what her dad went through.  Just like no illness compares to his particular form of brain cancer, and no loss is as great as hers.    everything else pales in comparison.  

13 minutes ago, bella1716 said:

Give thanks to John Oliver!

(watch till the end, it's hilarious!)

Oh, I'm pretty sure Meghan lost her hair extensions and got a Brazilian blowout.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

To Meghan, nothing is torture unless it's identical to what her dad went through.  Just like no illness compares to his particular form of brain cancer, and no loss is as great as hers.    everything else pales in comparison.  

Give thanks to John Oliver!

Oh, I'm pretty sure Meghan lost her hair extensions and got a Brazilian blowout.  

I loved how the guests' looks of surprise and disgust increased as the bit went on, with Anne Curry giving the longest head shake.  And then MM glaring at her cohosts.  We need at least one NO to MM per episode.

• Love 11

In addition to completely flubbing her big takedown of the Obama era holdover DOJ person, she also interrupted Whoopi during one of her big wrap up rants.  Whoopi allowed her to repeat herself all over again, then told her that she had already heard her point and that she put it aside, over here.  🤣  And then Whoopi went back to finishing her point.  That was sweet although she is way too tolerant of NutMeg.

During the topic about the latest allegations against Trump, I thought Nutmeg was stroking out because she couldn't even put a sentence together and she was visibly shaken.  The camera kept coming to her and she just stumbled and bumbled and said nothing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
(edited)

For anyone who has watched Seth MacFarlane shows, do you think he was not saying what he really thought? 

Edited by nokat
spelling
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Meghan's lack of understanding or empathy for what these children are going through is inexcusable.  She is a self centered soulless wretch of a human being. 

Meghan's lack of understanding or empathy for what these children are going through is inexcusable.  She is a self centered soulless wretch of a human being. 

TIMES A MILLION, MovingTargetGal !!!    Thank you...sadly...THANK YOU!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bannana said:

she also interrupted Whoopi during one of her big wrap up rants.  Whoopi allowed her to repeat herself all over again, then told her that she had already heard her point and that she put it aside, over here.  🤣  And then Whoopi went back to finishing her point.  That was sweet although she is way too tolerant of NutMeg.

Sunny would have been a bruised and bloody mess as the ambulance took her away.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Kenz said:

This is so perverse. She continued on the show looking disgusted and clueless about the following discussions. What a miserable woman she is.

Yes, and THANK YOU, Disney and ABC!  You encourage her to get worse every day with that paycheck.

• Love 15