Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/24/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, cinsays said:

and she also said something about how now she is more careful in what she says on the show.... really? I sure have not noticed

EEE-to the-GAD!  If this is "more careful," what is spontaneous?

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Meghan even brought up Aziz Ansari, but never explained - did she say something about him, and then took it back?  or did she believe the story, then not believe it? or vice versa?   The Aziz Ansari story was a rather insane one to begin with, that a woman was in his apartment, making out with him, Had her clothes off,  and he assumed she was consenting to sex, but never specifically ASKED.  Then later said she felt pressured.  I felt sorry for him at that point, because, I couldn't imagine that verbal consent was required in those circumstances.  Isn't kissing someone when you're naked  non-verbal consent? 

Anyway, Meghan was all over the place today, both on The View and on Twitter.  Usually I know what she's saying, but I disagree.  Today, I have no idea what she's trying to say.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I like Olivia Munn but she was totally unprepared with her answers. It took way too long for her to articulate her thoughts. Too many words.

I think she was upset with what Megan said. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I do t remember the exact wording but MM finishing up that word salad disclaimer was she is a lot more careful about how she approaches things now than when she first started the show. Careful as in calling a respected co worker bitch? As in calling a guest a quack? ( who she is now in a Twitter fight with)  

When they come back from commercial Megan says  ——— denies charges.  WTF did I miss something?  It’s getting exhausting trying to figure out what she’s saying.  I have bon bons to eat and nails to paint, I can’t keep rewinding my  DVR 3 times and still no know  

I don’t know who Olivia Mann is but she seems really to be struggling to express her thoughts. 

What a damn crack about E Jean Carol  looking like  she’s gone through stuff/ suffered.  That’s a Trump comment if I ever heard one.  She’s 76. 

I had a different take on her segment.  She came on to do a promo for her show and I think she did really well to express some complicated points of view with no prep time. I thought she was right on when she basically said that everyone except white men have always had to consider how other people would interpret their words and actions.  Also didn’t take her words about what E Jean Carroll to have anything to do with her looks - but how valid her description of what she went through seems in her interviews. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I like Olivia Munn but she was totally unprepared with her answers. It took way too long for her to articulate her thoughts. Too many words.

Well she may not have been briefed about the hot topics. She was there to promo her show. Is she supposed to change the topic when the host asks for an opinion. It’s a serious topic - I think it would have been awkward to give a quick answer and then say “oh, and let’s talk about my new show”.  That being said I think she’s obviously well informed and it would have been nice to invite her to participate in the hot topics segment and give her the time the rest of them get to put their thoughts together.

• Love 8

43 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan even brought up Aziz Ansari, but never explained - did she say something about him, and then took it back?  or did she believe the story, then not believe it? or vice versa?   The Aziz Ansari story was a rather insane one to begin with, that a woman was in his apartment, making out with him, Had her clothes off,  and he assumed she was consenting to sex, but never specifically ASKED.  Then later said she felt pressured.  I felt sorry for him at that point, because, I couldn't imagine that verbal consent was required in those circumstances.  Isn't kissing someone when you're naked  non-verbal consent? 

Anyway, Meghan was all over the place today, both on The View and on Twitter.  Usually I know what she's saying, but I disagree.  Today, I have no idea what she's trying to say.

Well, maybe sometimes, but by the woman's account she indicated her discomfort verbally and non-verbally, tried to pull away, stopped responding to what he was doing, and he either didn't notice or didn't care that she was uncomfortable. 

By the way, I'm sorry for the huge space before the quote (and now, the double-post). This has been happening every time I reply to someone on here, and then I'm not able to click the edit button to remove it.

• Love 4

Me-again was quick to believe Al Franken's accuser without any evidence 😐I guess only democrats (minus Joe biden because "he's suchhhhh a sweet guyyyyy to MEEEEE" can be rapists 😄

• Love 23
3 hours ago, sandymck said:

That being said I think she’s obviously well informed and it would have been nice to invite her to participate in the hot topics segment and give her the time the rest of them get to put their thoughts together.

And give guests a personal supply of informative blue cards in case they need some bullet points.  Then they can answer questions while looking down/ reading just as the Princess of Arizona does when she's asking questions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I did get a laugh out of Joy cracking up in the background as McCain was saying ABC pays her to tell the truth. If that were the case, you would've been fired in your first month considering what a liar you are.

I had missed Joy laughing while watching on the tv so I watched the clip. You can hear Joy say "is that why?"  😂 @ about 3:18   

Megs has mentioned a few times recently that ABC is paying her,  so don't feel sorry her, bitch.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, ari333 said:

Have other mayors been blamed when there is a horrible shooting of a black person by a white cop?

The killing of Laquan Mcdonald by white cop Jason Van Dyke is widely considered to be the reason Mayor Rahm Emanuel decided not to run for a third term in Chicago, as he is/was blamed for the incident and the subsequent delay in releasing the video and facts of the killing. There's a very good (and difficult to watch) documentary about it called 16 Shots that's currently playing on cable.

Meghan was pretty insufferable today. I really wish Ana had been there to add some common sense talk.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Meaghan is like a professor at a round table. All the students go around the table and state their opinions and then Prof MM finishes the topic with the correct answer. But she isn’t and she’s not. 

It is interesting (maybe not interesting idk) that I only recently noticed that Meghan gets the last word on every topic. Can someone refresh my memory,  did Meghan let us in on this tidbit or did it get leaked in an article? 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

It is interesting (maybe not interesting idk) that I only recently noticed that Meghan gets the last word on every topic. Can someone refresh my memory,  did Meghan let us in on this tidbit or did it get leaked in an article? 

Yes, she actually said that.  During one of their discussions she said "I thought we agreed in the meeting that I get to go last!"   Yeah.  Further proof.  Meghan owns the table.  ..... and the show.   .....and after last week, the other ladies, too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yes, she actually said that.  During one of their discussions she said "I thought we agreed in the meeting that I get to go last!"   Yeah.  Further proof.  Meghan owns the table.  ..... and the show.   .....and after last week, the other ladies, too. 

Thanks, that's what I thought.  I have the memory of a gold fish so, yeah.😉.

I'm wondering if this was part of her new contract?  I can't see the other ladies just being  yes, Meghan you get the last word. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm wondering if this was part of her new contract?  I can't see the other ladies just being  yes, Meghan you get the last word. 

For whatever reason the View producers or ABC bigwigs have decided Meghan gets whatever she wants and her obnoxious behavior will be overlooked.  Why I have no idea.  Maybe they believe she is responsible for higher ratings.  I do not believe that.  I think ratings are higher because of what is going on in this country.  Hot topics are more newsworthy. I don't think Meghan has much of fan base much less one big enough to increase ratings.  Does anyone know if ratings declined when Joy left?  I stopped watching and i know there had be many more who did as well.

• Love 19

I've wondered if the producers are letting Meghan get away with all her crap because they know people hate her.  We tune in to see what she says next, talk about her bad attitude, her daddy issues, her perception that she's the best thing to happen to the show since ever, and we're all waiting to see someone smack her down.  That will never happen, unless someone is truly ready to leave the show and Meghan will get the split screen screaming match she's always dreamed of.  As much as I'd like it to be Joy who takes her down, I think it would really mess with her spoiled little rich girl mind if Whoopie does in instead.

• Love 19

I think They let Nutmeg go last because this is the only way they all can talk.

If Meghan is the first she will change the topic and all the conversation.  Also they are treating her like a toddler, "you have to wait others."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

7yos are dying due to being forced to live in squalid conditions and not receiving basic treatment for disease.  If that isn’t torture I don’t know what is. 

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

7yos are dying due to being forced to live in squalid conditions and not receiving basic treatment for disease.  If that isn’t torture I don’t know what is. 

But, Meghan’s father is John McCain!

• Love 7
21 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I want to know who has lied to her during her whole life.

If Meghan had an ounce of self-awareness, she would realize she’s been lied to her entire life because people have been sucking up to her parents through her, and she’s received breaks from birth because of who they are. 

But I doubt this is what she’s referring to. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
47 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

No one but the McCain family has the right to call out torture!! She has been to the Hanoi Hilton and she alone knows what torture is..... the 

1)  she's comparing treatment of people who were in the MILITARY to treatment of civilians.

2) CHILDREN!   Kids who were taken from their parents! 

• Love 24

Thank you Sunny! 

Miss M tried to sweep under the table her egregious error at the beginning of the show during her partisan, self centered, attempted, " gotcha response," to the opening topic. 

I guess little B ( producer Brian), and Big B (husband Ben) will get a tongue lashing for allowing her to stumble so embarrassingly. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Who was the woman Miss Meggie was criticizing in her opening diatribe, only to apologize in the next segment & the end of the show, saying she was wrong?  I'm confused!!!

Meghan probably got confused with her blue cards?

She was a dr who had appeared in Don Lemon's show.

Edited by Anthea84
mistake
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
8 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

D628F030-B934-4140-A830-A5302BA96F3B.gif

Hahahahahaha!  I immediately thought of this when I read GladysCravits' comment. 😂  Please share with the class at least once a day to keep our spirits up.

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

So, Meghan, with all of her note cards and all of her note taking, still manages to make a major mistake, and SUNNY has to read the clarification?! 

They should have made Meghan do it, and apologize to the lawyer she was incorrectly defaming.  But instead she gets to just nonchalantly say, with a smile on her face, something like "sorry guys, I made a mistake". 

(The woman in the grainy video, a lawyer for the Justice Department, that argued toothbrushes and soap were unnecessary for the children to have, was the one who also worked on immigration issues during the Obama administration.  The other woman, on the Don Lemon show clip, is also an attorney and a child advocate.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Not torture?  Those kids were living in pretty damned awful conditions before, otherwise they'd never have showed up at the border to begin with.  Then, once they got here, they were taken from their parents and forced to live in groups with other children and given the least amount of care possible. 

Watched by guards who may or may not speak their own language?  Check. 

Guards who may or may not treat them like children worthy of some kind of respect and kindness?  Check.

Needed medications prescribed by a doctor in their own country of origin withheld from them until an American doctor can see them, diagnose them, and prescribe new medicines?  Check.

Denied proper medical care for health issues that present themselves after being taken into custody?  Check.

Forced to live in cages, cells, or tents with only other migrant children to depend on?  Check.

Running the risk of physical, sexual, or mental abuse at the hands of their jailors or other children trapped in the same situation?  Check.

Not having a bed and only a mylar blanket for warmth?  Check.

No soap for washing or toothbrushes for dental care?  Check.

Denied reunification with parents, or relatives in a timely fashion?  Check.

Placed in the untenable position of being returned to their country of origin alone, put into long term foster care with no guarentee they'll be allowed to stay when they turn 18, placed for adoption despite their parents wishes, or simply lost in the system?  Check.

Being used as a platform for America First politicians, racist assholes, and a certain "political pundit" as examples of why being a white American is the only way to be?  Check.

Yeah, Meghan.  No torture there.  Those kids are living in some idyllic summer camp situation where they're all having a great time and don't miss their families at all.

• Love 17
Just now, lusinia said:

So, Meghan, with all of her note cards and all of her note taking, still manages to make a major mistake, and SUNNY has to read the clarification?!

And last week WHOOPI  had to apologize for Meghan calling Joy a bitch.  WTF.  It's pure insanity at this point. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Not torture?  Those kids were living in pretty damned awful conditions before, otherwise they'd never have showed up at the border to begin with.  Then, once they got here, they were taken from their parents and forced to live in groups with other children and given the least amount of care possible. 

Watched by guards who may or may not speak their own language?  Check. 

Guards who may or may not treat them like children worthy of some kind of respect and kindness?  Check.

Needed medications prescribed by a doctor in their own country of origin withheld from them until an American doctor can see them, diagnose them, and prescribe new medicines?  Check.

Denied proper medical care for health issues that present themselves after being taken into custody?  Check.

Forced to live in cages, cells, or tents with only other migrant children to depend on?  Check.

Running the risk of physical, sexual, or mental abuse at the hands of their jailors or other children trapped in the same situation?  Check.

Not having a bed and only a mylar blanket for warmth?  Check.

No soap for washing or toothbrushes for dental care?  Check.

Denied reunification with parents, or relatives in a timely fashion?  Check.

Placed in the untenable position of being returned to their country of origin alone, put into long term foster care with no guarentee they'll be allowed to stay when they turn 18, placed for adoption despite their parents wishes, or simply lost in the system?  Check.

Being used as a platform for America First politicians, racist assholes, and a certain "political pundit" as examples of why being a white American is the only way to be?  Check.

Yeah, Meghan.  No torture there.  Those kids are living in some idyllic summer camp situation where they're all having a great time and don't miss their families at all.

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

All the details Meghan didn't want discussed.  

• Love 11