Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/24/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, June 24 
Olivia Munn (“The Rook”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, June 25 
Seth MacFarlane (“The Loudest Voice”); chefs Art Smith and Adrian De Berardinis 

Wednesday, June 26 
Terry Crews (“America’s Got Talent”)

Thursday, June 27 
Mike Epps (“Mike Epps: Only One Mike”)

Friday, June 28 
Day of Hot Topics

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I love Seth MacFarlane!

Same here. Theres nothing the guy cant do.  He kills me when he's on a roast.  No constraints, and he can come up with them so dam fast.  Love the guy!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

Same here. Theres nothing the guy cant do.  He kills me when he's on a roast.  No constraints, and he can come up with them so dam fast.  Love the guy!

I want him to roast Meghan 😊

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
(edited)

My appetite to see Olivia Munn approaches my level of desire to watch The View with Meghan McCain Starring Meghan McCain Executive Produced by Meghan McCain.

A couple of months ago, Munn (who used to make it a regular habit to mock and shame fat people) went after The Fug Girls for their fashion critique blog. She compared them to high school boys who rate girls for their looks.

For those who are newer here, or came here in a way other than from Television Without Pity -> Previously.TV  -> Primetimer, Jessica and Heather (Fug Girls) used to write for TWoP and moderate some forums. Their fashion blog critiques clothing (never body shames, pays attention to women of all ages, sizes, and colors, and critiques male fashion choices too).

Munn punched down, and she did it without really knowing what she was talking about (which is why Meghan immediately springs to mind).

Edited by General Days
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I thought when Mayor Pete said "I'm not asking for your vote" he meant he wasn't there as Presidential candidate but there as THE MAYOR working to solve the problem. 

That’s how I took it, too.  He wasn’t there campaigning.

• Love 17

Omg Meghan has to do an intro of her comment...She set it up like it was going to be some big implosion.  She knows this is going to be unpopular, she was almost afraid to say it, but she has been lied to all of her life.... bla bla bla.   I never heard anything earth shattering.  What did I miss?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

Omg Meghan has to do an intro of her comment...She set it up like it was going to be some big implosion.  She knows this is going to be unpopular, she was almost afraid to say it, but she has been lied to all of her life.... bla bla bla.   I never heard anything earth shattering.  What did I miss?

Because Meg’s opinion is more important than the incident. Let’s focus on how it will affect Meghan. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
(edited)

I like what Joy said about Mayor Buttigieg (and DiBlasio): do they job you're in first, then  run for president. 

13 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I thought we Mayor Pete said "I'm not asking for your vote" he meant he wasn't there as Presidential candidate but there as THE MAYOR working to solve the problem. 

9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

That’s how I took it, too.  He wasn’t there campaigning.

That's how I took it too, but he should have handled it better. Even if he said, "I'm not here campaigning. I'm here in my capacity as Mayor." 

This is not political, it's news: there's something going on at/near the White House. Secret Service has told reporters they're not currently allowed to leave. The north lawn is on lockdown. 

There's a suspicious package on Pennsylvania Ave. The White House informed the press pool they're (I interpret this as the White House staff) are  going into the Oval. 

Don't be surprised if ABC breaks  in. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Aileen said:

The new announcer is horrible. She speaks so slowly.

I agree, awful. Why can't The View just hire a regular female announcer, one who doesn't try to put her interpretation and personality into whatever she's saying? Because this one and the regular one both sound insane.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I thought when Mayor Pete said "I'm not asking for your vote" he meant he wasn't there as Presidential candidate but there as THE MAYOR working to solve the problem. 

He did. I think Joy wanted to say that, but it clearly wasn't allowed to say anything supportive of Buttigieg in this segment according to Whoopi and the Whoopette, which is why she settled with, “Why do you think he said that then?” And of course Meghan refused to answer the question just like when she was asked who Trump voters hate last week and went psychotic instead.

Since he’s coming on Friday, he’ll get to say it himself. I love Joy for bringing up the fact that Biden puts his foot in his mouth every chance he gets despite being experienced because you just know it pissed McCain off. It’s like we have 20 segments a week about Biden so that the ladies can excuse everything he does in accordance with Meghan McCain’s desire. But whenever they talk about any other candidate, they exaggerate in order to criticize them to maximum effect. What an unbiased View!

• Love 18
(edited)
20 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I

I love Joy, but saying that governors and mayors shouldn't run for president until all the problems are fixed was ridiculous, frankly.  Show me someplace that has zero problems.

So then exactly who would run for President? Senators? Because they never leave Congress with all problems solved.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

So then exactly who would run for President? Senators? Because they never Congress with all problems with solved.

Joy said Senators were OK to run for President, just not mayors and governors....LOL.   I don't agree, but I will say in Mayor Pete's case, the optics of his city going through a crisis, that he obviously can't give his full energy to (given the CNN debates this week) is not a good look.   

• Love 8

Also, when they were talking about Mayor Pete needing to "feel their pain", Joe Biden's name came up (I forget how, exactly) and Meghan said that no one is accusing Biden of not feeling their pain.

Actually, in the controversy from last week, where he said he was never called "boy", but called "son" by Senator Eastland, Cory Booker specifically said that Biden needed to understand the pain that using the word "boy" causes African Americans, and that Biden didn't seem to get that. 

• Love 23
(edited)
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Wtf is Meghan talking about? 

She brought up Asia Argento as proof of what? She is just an awful person. A victim can also victimize,  idiot.

This statistic is decades old, but the facts are still true:  Among incarcerated child molesters, 30 to 70 percent were themselves sexually abused as children.

Many victims do victimize.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:
2 hours ago, Aileen said:

The new announcer is horrible. She speaks so slowly.

I agree, awful. Why can't The View just hire a regular female announcer, one who doesn't try to put her interpretation and personality into whatever she's saying? Because this one and the regular one both sound insane

Another reason I can only watch the show now when I record it.

Don't know how I ever watched it without a DVR!

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Joy said Senators were OK to run for President, just not mayors and governors....LOL.   I don't agree, but I will say in Mayor Pete's case, the optics of his city going through a crisis, that he obviously can't give his full energy to (given the CNN debates this week) is not a good look.   

I agree with her. They should finish their term before moving on to the next race.  There is a big difference between running to remain in your position and running for a higher office. 

• Love 4

I have no idea what the fuck Migraine McCain was talking about! And she brought it back to herself (constantly) about being 'so brave'. What was she brave about? She said she wasn't 100% sure if she believe E. Jean. One is allowed to say that, Nutmeg. One is allowed to have 'doubts'. What was brave about that? STFU and stop interrupting Sunny!!!!!

• Love 24
12 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

I have no idea what the fuck Migraine McCain was talking about! And she brought it back to herself (constantly) about being 'so brave'. What was she brave about? She said she wasn't 100% sure if she believe E. Jean. One is allowed to say that, Nutmeg. One is allowed to have 'doubts'. What was brave about that? STFU and stop interrupting Sunny!!!!!

but, but she is the daughter of a politician...…...said it at least 2 times.....

and she also said something about how now she is more careful in what she says on the show.... really? I sure have not noticed

poor baby

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

Oh, my goodness!  MM - get over yourself!!

When she began talking about telling her "honest" opinion about the rape accusation. How her opinion was unpopular but she was not going to lie because she had been lied to her whole life and as a daughter of a politician she had heard lies. She knew that the audience would hate her opinion!  She went on with this until she basically said that an investigation should be opened and she didn't know how she felt about this accusation. WHAT??  She glanced at the audience waiting for a reaction - NO AUDIENCE REACTION!  MM must have been so disappointed!

I agree with others that Pete B. meant that he was there as mayor not a presidential candidate.

OT: I really thought that they were going to talk about how the orange guy's administration is arguing against children receiving soap, showers, and toothpaste.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I do t remember the exact wording but MM finishing up that word salad disclaimer was she is a lot more careful about how she approaches things now than when she first started the show. Careful as in calling a respected co worker bitch? As in calling a guest a quack? ( who she is now in a Twitter fight with)  

When they come back from commercial Megan says  ——— denies charges.  WTF did I miss something?  It’s getting exhausting trying to figure out what she’s saying.  I have bon bons to eat and nails to paint, I can’t keep rewinding my  DVR 3 times and still no know  

I don’t know who Olivia Mann is but she seems really to be struggling to express her thoughts. 

What a damn crack about E Jean Carol  looking like  she’s gone through stuff/ suffered.  That’s a Trump comment if I ever heard one.  She’s 76. 

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, pinguina said:

Oh, my goodness!  MM - get over yourself!!

When she began talking about telling her "honest" opinion about the rape accusation. How her opinion was unpopular but she was not going to lie because she had been lied to her whole life and as a daughter of a politician she had heard lies. She knew that the audience would hate her opinion!  She went on with this until she basically said that an investigation should be opened and she didn't know how she felt about this accusation. WHAT??  She glanced at the audience waiting for a reaction - NO AUDIENCE REACTION!  MM must have been so disappointed!

I agree with others that Pete B. meant that he was there as mayor not a presidential candidate.

OT: I really thought that they were going to talk about how the orange guy's administration is arguing against children receiving soap, showers, and toothpaste.

She did go on and on like it was going to be this big announcement.  As others have pointed out, she sure was patting herself on the back.  Over telling her truth wtf? 

Skipped them talking about Mayor Pete. Whoopi and Meghan feed off each other when the find common hate.

I liked Olivia Munn. I'm glad she pointed out that if Asia Argento did commit a sex crime, it dosen't mean she wasn't Raped. 

Of course we once had to hear Meghan's word salad about being paid to tell the truth 🙄😳

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10
(edited)

Olivia Munn speaks as if she is thinking of a "smart" word to say next. She wants to sound intelligent, but fails because she pauses too much in the middle of her sentences.

I wonder if her agent will be mad at her for hardly mentioning the show. When Joy brought it up, OM just brushed it off.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I think Meghan should be given some sort of medal for her bravery. After all , how many people have what it takes to give their opinion everyday ? 

Right. I thought "straight shooters" could state their case and not care about the ramifications. What happened to the fearless maverick, Meghan McCain? 

• Love 19
39 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I think Meghan should be given some sort of medal for her bravery. After all , how many people have what it takes to give their opinion everyday ? 

Especially people hired to do just that. On a show called The View. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16