Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E30: Kristina & Faith

GaT

Original Airdate 06/19/19

When Kristina met Faith in a chatroom, she didn't intend to fall in love and betray her IRL fiancé. Now Nev and co-host Tallulah Willis navigate a treacherous love triangle as they embark on an epic hunt to find the truth.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don’t know why, but I did not see Sami being Faith coming, that definitely was a surprise. But after the way Kristina treated Sami, she has no right to get all weepy about everything. It pisses me off that they treated her like she was the victim when she was the cheater to begin with.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, GaT said:

I don’t know why, but I did not see Sami being Faith coming, that definitely was a surprise

It may be partly because of the intro that promises things we haven't seen before, and that was only true here if you categorize very narrowly. Were we really supposed to believe that they would cut filming short if the weather didn't clear right away?

• Love 1

The only thing I liked about this episode was them flying to St. Ignace. The lady at the ferry station seemed particularly excited to see the crew. I've always wanted to go to Mackinac Island, but definitely not in winter! And then I wondered if Tullulah had ever actually stayed in a motel before. At least it looked fairly new, and not a dump.

As for the actual catfishing, Kristina sucks for cheating on Sami, and Sami sucks for lying to Kristina her and entrapping her. They both have issues, and I think it's good that they broke up.

So I've read on here that the producers know everything beforehand and contact the catfish before they go to film. So does that mean that they knew Sami was the catfish? Did Nev know? He looked fairly surprised.

• Love 1

Having been to Mackinac Island in the summer, I recalled that there are virtually no motorized vehicles allowed (police and service vehicles are exceptions, but don't recall seeing those).  It's bicycles, horses, and walking.  I had to look up how you get around there in the winter.  Someone had a travel blog up, but he went in mid-March, so the snow was sort of melting (you could see some pavement and some of the grass).  He did fly onto the island and arranged for a taxi (horse and carriage) to meet him at the airport.  I guess they have snowmobiles to take you around in the winter, along with the horse carriages.  As badly as it was snowing, I can't really imagine doing either.    

I think they easily could have postponed until say April or May when flights and travel were easier, but I think the producers probably thought this would be more dramatic.

Honestly, I had the thought pretty early on that it was the girlfriend.  Not sure how that was new, except maybe she let them get all the way up to the UP before revealing it was her?  I got the feeling that Kristina played Sami like a violin.  Sami would do whatever for her, and I don't think she was ever into her that much.  Then she was so into Faith, said oh I don't care what she looks like, she's my soulmate, etc.  When she found out it was Sami, yeah no soulmate, no nothing.  I think Sami is better off without her. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Watch it again at the begining and see the avatar in the virtual chatroom looks just like Sami (first clue).  I called it from about minute one.  Nothing to see here except two disturbed girls; one with poor self esteem and a cheating former catfisher with abnormally high self esteem for what she really is.  Ugh !!! Another gayfish and next week too, except that'll be blackgayfish.  

Edited by Arthur Jury
12 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Honestly, I had the thought pretty early on that it was the girlfriend.  Not sure how that was new, except maybe she let them get all the way up to the UP before revealing it was her?

I think this was the first time it was the girlfriend for a lesbian couple together at the time of filming.

• Love 1

I disliked Kristina immediately. She had a nice partner who moved away from her own life to be with her and instead of appreciating her, she was continuing her online flirting with others. If she was unhappy in her relationship, she should have ended it first before starting another.  Hard for me to feel sorry for her. I agree, she isn’t as big a catch as she thinks she is.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I agree, she isn’t as big a catch as she thinks she is.

She isn't any kind of catch, except maybe the kind you throw back in the ocean. 

• LOL 6
On 6/21/2019 at 6:38 AM, Arthur Jury said:

Watch it again at the begining and see the avatar in the virtual chatroom looks just like Sami (first clue).  I called it from about minute one.  Nothing to see here except two disturbed girls; one with poor self esteem and a cheating former catfisher with abnormally high self esteem for what she really is.  Ugh !!! Another gayfish and next week too, except that'll be blackgayfish.  

There was one a few years ago where the guy suspected that his wife was cheating and was testing her and then she fell in love with the fake persona.   This was basically the same thing although in that case I think they decided to stay together.

• Love 3

Did y'all notice that the text Kristina said she sent to "Faith" that morning and didn't answer wasn't even sent?? Lol it was just a draft. 

And I didn't feel sorry for Kristina at all. "Oh I'm excited to meet this girl I've been talking to while I have a girlfriend", while she's sitting right beside her. 

• Love 3
On 7/3/2019 at 7:52 AM, cooksdelight said:

I think they concocted the entire thing to get on TV and pull one on Nev.

Well, that wouldn't be difficult.  Nev isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

• LOL 1
On 6/20/2019 at 12:24 PM, pezgirl7 said:

The only thing I liked about this episode was them flying to St. Ignace. The lady at the ferry station seemed particularly excited to see the crew. I've always wanted to go to Mackinac Island, but definitely not in winter! And then I wondered if Tullulah had ever actually stayed in a motel before. At least it looked fairly new, and not a dump.

As for the actual catfishing, Kristina sucks for cheating on Sami, and Sami sucks for lying to Kristina her and entrapping her. They both have issues, and I think it's good that they broke up.

So I've read on here that the producers know everything beforehand and contact the catfish before they go to film. So does that mean that they knew Sami was the catfish? Did Nev know? He looked fairly surprised.

The producers more than likely know everything but keep Nev and co-host in the dark to get their true reactions. Although that said, Tallulah's reaction didn't seem all that shocked, so who knows.

It kind of reminded me of the “pina colada” song.

I have never been able to understand what constitutes cheating today. Back in the day it was simple, cheating was actual sex.  Now cheating is talking to someone else?  I seriously don’t get it.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3